• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:57
CEST 10:57
KST 17:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10085 users

[NASL] aLive Replaces Strelok at Grand Finals - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 19 Next All
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
July 02 2011 17:32 GMT
#141
On July 03 2011 02:22 Chicane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2011 02:12 Xeris wrote:
On July 03 2011 02:06 Chicane wrote:
On July 03 2011 02:05 Xeris wrote:
On July 03 2011 02:03 Takezou wrote:
On July 03 2011 01:40 Xeris wrote:
On July 03 2011 01:15 Naniwa wrote:
why is he replacing strelok instead of the person who came third in the group? Me.


1) It's been in our rules from the start that the 2nd place of the Open Tournament would have the first backup spot if a player couldn't make it.

2) If aLive had declined the invite, we would have invited the 2nd place finishers in the playoff brackets according to seeding: which would have been: Ace, Naniwa, KiWiKaKi, NaDa, and IdrA.

3) Either way, I would be hesitant to invite you because you've publicly said "thank god I'm done with NASL" and called us a shitty league. Think your actions have no consequences?

4) White-Ra I think as a B1 VISA, he's proven several times he can get to the USA. BRATOK has B1 VISA too (he showed us a scan of it), which is why we accepted him into the league. Strelok was our risk player, and we were assured he could make it here... it just sucks ~_~




While part 1 and 2 make sense. 3 is very unnecessary and unprofessional. You are representing a supposedly professional organization. You could have easily addressed the issue without those comments.


I'm not a robot.


If you are basically saying that you guys do respond emotionally since you are human, the point people are making is that as an organization, you should try to control or overlook those emotions.


First of all: why? My emotional response has absolutely nothing to do with my professionalism, work ethic, or decision making in an official capacity. If Naniwa wants to act like he can do whatever he wants, publicly denounce our league and talk about how he hates playing in it... why should I bother to give him any courtesy? I'll even tell him to his face, and he'd do the same to me.

At the end of the day, I didn't sit there and say "fuck that guy I'm gonna ban him from NASL cuz of what he said," our rules were very clear about our policies.


Well if you are saying that it wouldn't get in the way of an actual decision then I don't have a problem with it, but I don't see why you would mention it.

Regardless, Naniwa was clearly not a candidate based on the rules, so it's not like it matters. It would be great to get an explanation for why the VISA problems weren't handled initially, especially since it came up as an issue earlier.

And one thing I feel the need to make clear, I am not in this thread to bash or hate on the NASL. I watched many broadcasts and I will watch the finals, and I think many people are in the same situation as me when they simply want to criticize some of the decisions. I guess this is directed more at people who think people come to this thread just to say how much they hate the NASL. I'm sure some do that, but I'm also sure others are simply critiquing the league, especially so things can hopefully go more smoothly next season.


I'm not going to censor myself on the forums. I've been posting here at TL since 2005 and I'm not going to change my personality. TL is the place where I post as a person. When I make an official post as an OP, I behave differently. Maybe I should make a XERIS-OFFICIAL TL account to make all my official posts if it'd make you happy.

I still don't get your post. I've explained 10 times that: White-Ra and BRAT_OK were accepted because they demonstrated ability to go to the US // have a VISA. We made ONE exception to add Strelok because his former team (Mouz) assured us they were working on getting him a VISA and that he would have one for sure by the end of the season. We were in contact with Strelok immediately after his Top 2 position was guaranteed.

We tried everything in our power to get his interview date changed to an earlier time, but we couldn't get it done in the end and he couldn't get a VISA in time.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Jakkerr
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2549 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-02 17:34:35
July 02 2011 17:33 GMT
#142
Xeris,
you have no blame at all for this situation since it's just the rules of the league what we see here.
But please consider to not make an Open Tournament for the next league, if Alive wins the finals you might aswell not play the first 9 weeks at all. :/
I don't exactly know how to say this, but it takes away some of the magic when players that just played in the open tournament compete versus the players we've seen competing for those spots for 9 weeks.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
July 02 2011 17:34 GMT
#143
Damn, this sucks, though not surprising at all. Former USSR and un-developed countries have a very hard time to obtain a Visa to the US. I still remember WCG in San-Francisco, when most Asian teams got denied for visa.

For some people that told Strelok or NASL to plan ahead, well, you can't. The interview queue is like months. So even if he apply right when NASL starts, I doubt its his turn now.

Terran
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
July 02 2011 17:35 GMT
#144
Either way, I would be hesitant to invite you because you've publicly said "thank god I'm done with NASL" and called us a shitty league. Think your actions have no consequences?



This is the reason I don't watch NASL, you're a joke as an organization.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
July 02 2011 17:35 GMT
#145
On July 03 2011 02:33 Jakkerr wrote:
Xeris,
you have no blame at all for this situation since it's just the rules of the league what we see here.
But please consider to not make an Open Tournament for the next league, if Alive wins the finals you might aswell not play the first 9 weeks at all. :/
I don't exactly know how to say this, but it takes away some of the magic when players that just played in the open tournament compete versus the players we've seen competing for those spots for 9 weeks.


We'll see how it goes. We might want to change this rule for next season, but we'll see!
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
insaneMicro
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany761 Posts
July 02 2011 17:35 GMT
#146
Wow, really sad about this. Strelok's season play was amazing, and his interviews were hilarious too. He's so enthusiastic.
I guess NASL tried everything they could. If I were in Xeris' Position, I probably would not even bother to argue with some people here. Stop telling him how to do his job guys T_T
"Damn I played some fine Zerg right there". -Fruitdealer
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
July 02 2011 17:37 GMT
#147
Xeris, why don't you just make a poll in the first post to see what the general opinion is?
Domination
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1177 Posts
July 02 2011 17:37 GMT
#148
On July 03 2011 02:35 Odoakar wrote:
Show nested quote +
Either way, I would be hesitant to invite you because you've publicly said "thank god I'm done with NASL" and called us a shitty league. Think your actions have no consequences?



This is the reason I don't watch NASL, you're a joke as an organization.

Name me an organization that says "Oh gee willikers, thanks for calling me the scum of the earth! Here, have some money!"

I'm done with this thread. Teamliquid has turned into a bubbling cauldron of hatred lately, so I guess I need to take a break from these forums.
Shinobi1982
Profile Joined January 2011
1605 Posts
July 02 2011 17:37 GMT
#149
Unfortunate for Strelok, he was really motivated to perform in NASL.
Train like an animal, eat like a horse, sleep like a baby, grow like a weed.
lunchforthesky
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom967 Posts
July 02 2011 17:39 GMT
#150
On July 03 2011 02:37 mmdmmd wrote:
Xeris, why don't you just make a poll in the first post to see what the general opinion is?


Why on earth would they do that? This is a professional tournament it's not a popularity contest, you don't make rules just to ignore them because some kids on a forum don't like it.
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-02 17:39:56
July 02 2011 17:39 GMT
#151
On July 03 2011 02:37 Domination wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2011 02:35 Odoakar wrote:
Either way, I would be hesitant to invite you because you've publicly said "thank god I'm done with NASL" and called us a shitty league. Think your actions have no consequences?



This is the reason I don't watch NASL, you're a joke as an organization.

Name me an organization that says "Oh gee willikers, thanks for calling me the scum of the earth! Here, have some money!"

I'm done with this thread. Teamliquid has turned into a bubbling cauldron of hatred lately, so I guess I need to take a break from these forums.


Have you read the GOMTV statement about banning Rain? Proffesional, respectful. You won't see them going 'the Rain is a toolbag, he won't ever be able to play in our league, bla bla...'

TheResidentEvil
Profile Joined September 2010
United States991 Posts
July 02 2011 17:39 GMT
#152
i thought strelok had a real shot at this
Jakkerr
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2549 Posts
July 02 2011 17:42 GMT
#153
On July 03 2011 02:35 Odoakar wrote:
Show nested quote +
Either way, I would be hesitant to invite you because you've publicly said "thank god I'm done with NASL" and called us a shitty league. Think your actions have no consequences?



This is the reason I don't watch NASL, you're a joke as an organization.


You're kidding me right?
This is not the reason at all Naniwa didn't get the invite, the only reason is that the NASL has a rule that the runner-up of the open tournament would be a backup player.
In my opinion Xeris has all the right too list that tho, Naniwa said he didn't want anything to do with the NASL anymore, so why he comes here to whine about not getting a spot?
Money > Morals?
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
July 02 2011 17:42 GMT
#154
On July 03 2011 02:39 lunchforthesky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2011 02:37 mmdmmd wrote:
Xeris, why don't you just make a poll in the first post to see what the general opinion is?


Why on earth would they do that? This is a professional tournament it's not a popularity contest, you don't make rules just to ignore them because some kids on a forum don't like it.


So public opinion doesn't matter to you at all? Glad that you are not running NASL. It'll be "my way or the high way for you"? Kid.
Ansalem
Profile Joined November 2010
564 Posts
July 02 2011 17:42 GMT
#155
The posts in this thread want me to tear my hair out. The fact that the runner up from the Open is the backup player has been posted over and over yet every page there's another bandwagoner who can't read more than two posts without going and posting 'Naniwa was robbed!' The NASL hate is getting old. It's very unfortunate Strelok can't go. I love his interviews. It's clear that NASL worked really hard to get him here. Alive was invited via the rules. Get over it. I'm going to go do some deep breathing. -.-
Domination
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1177 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-02 17:42:53
July 02 2011 17:42 GMT
#156
On July 03 2011 02:39 Odoakar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2011 02:37 Domination wrote:
On July 03 2011 02:35 Odoakar wrote:
Either way, I would be hesitant to invite you because you've publicly said "thank god I'm done with NASL" and called us a shitty league. Think your actions have no consequences?



This is the reason I don't watch NASL, you're a joke as an organization.

Name me an organization that says "Oh gee willikers, thanks for calling me the scum of the earth! Here, have some money!"

I'm done with this thread. Teamliquid has turned into a bubbling cauldron of hatred lately, so I guess I need to take a break from these forums.


Have you read the GOMTV statement about banning Rain? Proffesional, respectful. You won't see them going 'the Rain is a toolbag, he won't ever be able to play in our league, bla bla...'


I must have missed the part where Rain shit on the GSL. Can you direct me to where Rain called Gomtv a fucking joke? Thanks in advance!
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
July 02 2011 17:43 GMT
#157
I guess somewhere in Romania Nightend is breaking something as soon as he hears about that.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
July 02 2011 17:43 GMT
#158
On July 03 2011 02:39 Odoakar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2011 02:37 Domination wrote:
On July 03 2011 02:35 Odoakar wrote:
Either way, I would be hesitant to invite you because you've publicly said "thank god I'm done with NASL" and called us a shitty league. Think your actions have no consequences?



This is the reason I don't watch NASL, you're a joke as an organization.

Name me an organization that says "Oh gee willikers, thanks for calling me the scum of the earth! Here, have some money!"

I'm done with this thread. Teamliquid has turned into a bubbling cauldron of hatred lately, so I guess I need to take a break from these forums.


Have you read the GOMTV statement about banning Rain? Proffesional, respectful. You won't see them going 'the Rain is a toolbag, he won't ever be able to play in our league, bla bla...'


You are so wrong here. These 2 situation are not the same. For NASL, the player bad-mouting them, somewhat insulted the league. In any SPORTS, make it football(soccer), basket ball..etc, most athelics or people that involved in the league that insulted or say harsh things about the hosting organization will get a fine or even ban for matches.
Terran
Greatness
Profile Joined May 2011
United States450 Posts
July 02 2011 17:45 GMT
#159
On July 03 2011 01:15 GTR wrote:
is there a reason why white-ra manages to enter america and not brat_ok/strelok? D:

Special taktiks.
smileyyy
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany1816 Posts
July 02 2011 17:45 GMT
#160
On July 03 2011 01:15 GTR wrote:
is there a reason why white-ra manages to enter america and not brat_ok/strelok? D:

Players like White-Ra and Dimaga have a Visa due to Blizzcon. Iirc Dimaga once mentioned it that he got a 2 year Visa in order to attend a Blizzcon :o
Fruitseller: I feel like it's a good strategy[6Pool]. I had a lot of strategies, but I thought about it a lot and decided to 6 pool. Other people told me to 6 pool too
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 854
Soulkey 315
Larva 209
Soma 199
Mind 69
ZerO 63
soO 29
scan(afreeca) 23
ajuk12(nOOB) 22
zelot 8
League of Legends
JimRising 576
Counter-Strike
edward134
Other Games
summit1g8027
singsing1440
Coldzera 685
WinterStarcraft661
Sick204
ZerO(Twitch)10
Pyrionflax0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick678
BasetradeTV251
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Jankos2296
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.