• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:14
CEST 09:14
KST 16:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9194 users

Ladder locked? - Page 21

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 35 Next All
SpurvL
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden345 Posts
May 23 2011 18:19 GMT
#401
On May 24 2011 03:10 Manacakes wrote:
Some people can NOT get promoted, there is definently a bug, cause there are so many people with this exact same problem. But not everyone


So not everyone have this problem?, i was under the impression that noone could get promoted?
Naniwa, ThorZaiN, SaSe, DeMusliM, White-RA... Where are my Zerg heroes?.. Stephano <3
SoraLimit
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada747 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-23 18:22:10
May 23 2011 18:21 GMT
#402
On May 24 2011 00:06 DarKcS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2011 23:42 may0nnaise wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
The question currently in my mind is when this bug is fixed, will we all auto-promote when we log on to battle.net after the patch? Also, I don't have any epic stories about winning tons of 1v1s vs higher leaguers, but my 3v3 random definitely isn't leaguing up when it always did in the past at this point (right around rank 10 in my division currently, with a 70%+ W/L -- in the past, I would be promoted around rank 30-40 when my W/L was in a similar %). You eventually get a feel for when you should be promoted, and a lot of us are pretty sure when we think we deserve a higher league.

may0nnaise angry!!111




Why we angry? I'd be grateful, you can still improve (albeit a bit less, but mechanic are most of it and skill of opponent is irrelevant) without worrying about being roflstomped by perfectly executed cheeses and timing pushes, it'd be like ladder heaven for me if I was stuck in a lower league for a bit.

Also usually it's promotion after one game played, except last month when the bronzies werent being promoted I believe it was automatic? 50/50 here. Either way, won't be long, if your MMR is actually good enough for a promotion.


The thing is that the MMR does change, so even if you were stuck in the lower leagues, if you deserved to be in the higher league, all you will be playing are those leagues. You don't get stuck playing bronze players when your in bronze.
Not_ExMatt
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada2 Posts
May 23 2011 18:22 GMT
#403
On May 23 2011 22:32 Codeskye wrote:



i know someone who went 28-1 in 1v1 ladder and got promoted to masters after that. half of the games he played, he was against mid tier master ranked players.



no you dont. You dont know anyone, you have no friends.

Freddy McFriendless.

User was banned for this post.
random user
Profile Joined December 2010
85 Posts
May 23 2011 18:32 GMT
#404
I think it's funny and ironic that pretty much everyone (who posts at least) who is, for example, in gold and facing more and more plats and some diamonds, believes that they belong in plat and the people they are facing are in the correct league, rather than thinking that they are in the correct league, and that at least some of the people they are facing are in the incorrect league.
StrangrDangr
Profile Joined March 2011
United States291 Posts
May 23 2011 18:36 GMT
#405
On May 24 2011 03:22 Not_ExMatt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2011 22:32 Codeskye wrote:



i know someone who went 28-1 in 1v1 ladder and got promoted to masters after that. half of the games he played, he was against mid tier master ranked players.



no you dont. You dont know anyone, you have no friends.

Freddy McFriendless.


That must be the most clever ban avoidance name ever. BRAVO "Not"ExMatt
"I'm on four gates, so technically if I don't win there is something wrong with this game." desrow
Sc1pio
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States823 Posts
May 23 2011 18:39 GMT
#406
On May 24 2011 03:32 random user wrote:
I think it's funny and ironic that pretty much everyone (who posts at least) who is, for example, in gold and facing more and more plats and some diamonds, believes that they belong in plat and the people they are facing are in the correct league, rather than thinking that they are in the correct league, and that at least some of the people they are facing are in the incorrect league.


Occam's Razor suggests the former is correct because it assumes one error in the ladder rather than a whole bunch (read: you versus everyone you play).
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's there are few. " -Shunro Suzuki | fortuna fortes adiuvat
Fission
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1184 Posts
May 23 2011 18:39 GMT
#407
I really wish there was a "report post" button sometimes (

@random user: that's a pretty interesting point and I think people should definitely consider it before getting outraged lol
Ryze
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada234 Posts
May 23 2011 18:40 GMT
#408
I just tried to play 2 games where it would find a match then the countdown would freeze at 0 seconds and i would disconnect 5 minutes later and get a loss....

anyone else encounter this?
www.twitch.tv/colryze twitter.com/colryze acelessons.com/lessons/colryze/
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
May 23 2011 18:42 GMT
#409
On May 24 2011 03:32 random user wrote:
I think it's funny and ironic that pretty much everyone (who posts at least) who is, for example, in gold and facing more and more plats and some diamonds, believes that they belong in plat and the people they are facing are in the correct league, rather than thinking that they are in the correct league, and that at least some of the people they are facing are in the incorrect league.


I considered that too, but given the amount of people *only* playing people a league or more higher than them I'm willing to believe there's a wider issue. I'm still playing and hoping for promo, but I'm in Silver league, and haven't played anyone in Bronze or Silver for a long time now.

For myself, I'm being placed against Diamonds and Plats, that's three leagues higher than I'm in. Are you seriously suggesting that all of us are suddenly facing these players who're all suddenly losing the ability to play by several leagues worth of skill at the same time?
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
eXigent.
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada2419 Posts
May 23 2011 18:42 GMT
#410
On May 24 2011 03:39 Fission wrote:
I really wish there was a "report post" button sometimes (

@random user: that's a pretty interesting point and I think people should definitely consider it before getting outraged lol


There is a report post button. Im not sure what the pre-requisite is for being able to use it, but im assuming its post count. I dont have 2000 posts yet but ive been able to report posts for quite a while now.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
May 23 2011 18:44 GMT
#411
On May 24 2011 03:42 eXigent. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 03:39 Fission wrote:
I really wish there was a "report post" button sometimes (

@random user: that's a pretty interesting point and I think people should definitely consider it before getting outraged lol


There is a report post button. Im not sure what the pre-requisite is for being able to use it, but im assuming its post count. I dont have 2000 posts yet but ive been able to report posts for quite a while now.

The prerequisite is user age. You'll get a report button when your account is 1 year old.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
random user
Profile Joined December 2010
85 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-23 19:02:27
May 23 2011 18:52 GMT
#412
On May 24 2011 03:39 Sc1pio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 03:32 random user wrote:
I think it's funny and ironic that pretty much everyone (who posts at least) who is, for example, in gold and facing more and more plats and some diamonds, believes that they belong in plat and the people they are facing are in the correct league, rather than thinking that they are in the correct league, and that at least some of the people they are facing are in the incorrect league.


Occam's Razor suggests the former is correct because it assumes one error in the ladder rather than a whole bunch (read: you versus everyone you play).


That sort of works except that everyone is being affected by this bug. Which means that everyone is going to deviate from where they should be. At this point, I have stopped looking at a person's league after a match because after 10 days or whatever, it's like trying to figure out where someone lives now by looking at data which told you where they lived 10 years ago.

Sure, for some people it's going to be accurate because you have a general sense of where they were 10 days ago, but the data is so obsolete at this point I think trying to determine where you stand by looking at where people were 10 days ago, just by simple probability a non insignificant number of people are going to be wrong.

On top of that, some people have a funny way of discarding information they don't like. So if someone plays 6 plats, 1 diamond, and 3 golds, they think they are playing mostly plats and diamonds, which is true, but I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that.

I'm sure that some people are quite right that they should be promoted, and it wasn't my intention to dispute that. But I think that it's funny and ironic that EVERYONE (or at least everyone who posts) thinks that.

Edit: it's sort of like that thing where something like depending on what specifically you ask, 70-90% of respondents will believe that they are better than average drivers etc.
Ignorant prodigy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States385 Posts
May 23 2011 19:15 GMT
#413
that's a good point random.

so now I'm going to assume that when I check someone I just faced and beat.. and if they're platinum.. that REALLY they're grandmaster and I'm just that good!

sweet I feel great about myself now ~
http://www.twitch.tv/ignorantprodigy playing masters random with no hotkeys......big pimpin'
pig-dude
Profile Joined March 2011
United States170 Posts
May 23 2011 19:16 GMT
#414
On May 24 2011 03:40 Ryze wrote:
I just tried to play 2 games where it would find a match then the countdown would freeze at 0 seconds and i would disconnect 5 minutes later and get a loss....

anyone else encounter this?

I find all sorts of weird issues these days on ladder, and I think bnet is having some small problems.

I rolled a fast-expanding protoss the other day as zerg, and did an offensive "gg" when he wasn't leaving although the game was clearly over. He had a hidden expo where he built many cannons and made a feeble attempt at a comeback, so I clobbered the base with hydra drops as he raced his probe around the map in a warp prism building pylons.

I left the last pylon with less than 10 health and wrote EZ and GG in creep tumors while teching to ultras so I could make them /cheer and /dance before finishing the game. Then I killed the pylon after dancing my ultras around it a bit.

I got points for the win, and points came off my bonus pool, but the match does not appear in my history.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
May 23 2011 19:19 GMT
#415
On May 24 2011 03:52 random user wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 03:39 Sc1pio wrote:
On May 24 2011 03:32 random user wrote:
I think it's funny and ironic that pretty much everyone (who posts at least) who is, for example, in gold and facing more and more plats and some diamonds, believes that they belong in plat and the people they are facing are in the correct league, rather than thinking that they are in the correct league, and that at least some of the people they are facing are in the incorrect league.


Occam's Razor suggests the former is correct because it assumes one error in the ladder rather than a whole bunch (read: you versus everyone you play).


That sort of works except that everyone is being affected by this bug. Which means that everyone is going to deviate from where they should be. At this point, I have stopped looking at a person's league after a match because after 10 days or whatever, it's like trying to figure out where someone lives now by looking at data which told you where they lived 10 years ago.

Sure, for some people it's going to be accurate because you have a general sense of where they were 10 days ago, but the data is so obsolete at this point I think trying to determine where you stand by looking at where people were 10 days ago, just by simple probability a non insignificant number of people are going to be wrong.

On top of that, some people have a funny way of discarding information they don't like. So if someone plays 6 plats, 1 diamond, and 3 golds, they think they are playing mostly plats and diamonds, which is true, but I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that.

I'm sure that some people are quite right that they should be promoted, and it wasn't my intention to dispute that. But I think that it's funny and ironic that EVERYONE (or at least everyone who posts) thinks that.

Edit: it's sort of like that thing where something like depending on what specifically you ask, 70-90% of respondents will believe that they are better than average drivers etc.


Yeah, it's definitely not enough to just take a quick look at the other player's league badge to get an idea of their skill anymore during this period. You now have to look at that player's history over his past few games and take note of who he's been playing, and perhaps even who his opponents have been playing. The info should get more and more accurate with each step.
Moderator
Chinchillin
Profile Joined February 2011
United States259 Posts
May 23 2011 19:21 GMT
#416
That makes me feel so much better! #1 in my diamond group by a mile, favored against top 50 masters players, and no promotion for the last three weeks of this! Can't wait for Pillage to be fixed from Grandmaster ><
Leenocktopus! InNoVation!
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
May 23 2011 19:23 GMT
#417
On May 24 2011 04:19 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 03:52 random user wrote:
On May 24 2011 03:39 Sc1pio wrote:
On May 24 2011 03:32 random user wrote:
I think it's funny and ironic that pretty much everyone (who posts at least) who is, for example, in gold and facing more and more plats and some diamonds, believes that they belong in plat and the people they are facing are in the correct league, rather than thinking that they are in the correct league, and that at least some of the people they are facing are in the incorrect league.


Occam's Razor suggests the former is correct because it assumes one error in the ladder rather than a whole bunch (read: you versus everyone you play).


That sort of works except that everyone is being affected by this bug. Which means that everyone is going to deviate from where they should be. At this point, I have stopped looking at a person's league after a match because after 10 days or whatever, it's like trying to figure out where someone lives now by looking at data which told you where they lived 10 years ago.

Sure, for some people it's going to be accurate because you have a general sense of where they were 10 days ago, but the data is so obsolete at this point I think trying to determine where you stand by looking at where people were 10 days ago, just by simple probability a non insignificant number of people are going to be wrong.

On top of that, some people have a funny way of discarding information they don't like. So if someone plays 6 plats, 1 diamond, and 3 golds, they think they are playing mostly plats and diamonds, which is true, but I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that.

I'm sure that some people are quite right that they should be promoted, and it wasn't my intention to dispute that. But I think that it's funny and ironic that EVERYONE (or at least everyone who posts) thinks that.

Edit: it's sort of like that thing where something like depending on what specifically you ask, 70-90% of respondents will believe that they are better than average drivers etc.


Yeah, it's definitely not enough to just take a quick look at the other player's league badge to get an idea of their skill anymore during this period. You now have to look at that player's history over his past few games and take note of who he's been playing, and perhaps even who his opponents have been playing. The info should get more and more accurate with each step.


Generally speaking the ranking is still fairly accurate. If you have been laddering you will be where you're supposed to be, and it really only effects people who have been custom 1v1'ing and now decided to ladder. It did effect me but I don't think it's the biggest deal if it will be resolved soon.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
StrangrDangr
Profile Joined March 2011
United States291 Posts
May 23 2011 19:24 GMT
#418
Is it unusual to only face people who are 'even match' with you. I have only face 2 slightly favored people this entire season. It seemed like I face a lot more last season, but maybe not :/
"I'm on four gates, so technically if I don't win there is something wrong with this game." desrow
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
May 23 2011 19:25 GMT
#419
On May 24 2011 04:16 Shahrazad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 03:40 Ryze wrote:
I just tried to play 2 games where it would find a match then the countdown would freeze at 0 seconds and i would disconnect 5 minutes later and get a loss....

anyone else encounter this?

I find all sorts of weird issues these days on ladder, and I think bnet is having some small problems.

I rolled a fast-expanding protoss the other day as zerg, and did an offensive "gg" when he wasn't leaving although the game was clearly over. He had a hidden expo where he built many cannons and made a feeble attempt at a comeback, so I clobbered the base with hydra drops as he raced his probe around the map in a warp prism building pylons.

I left the last pylon with less than 10 health and wrote EZ and GG in creep tumors while teching to ultras so I could make them /cheer and /dance before finishing the game. Then I killed the pylon after dancing my ultras around it a bit.

I got points for the win, and points came off my bonus pool, but the match does not appear in my history.

Have experienced that too for quite some time and it's not a new bug. Dont know if it goes on your rating or not. Have not found out the reason or even singled out possibilities for why, but not topic related atleast.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
dcrowe
Profile Joined September 2010
8 Posts
May 23 2011 19:26 GMT
#420
On May 24 2011 03:32 random user wrote:
I think it's funny and ironic that pretty much everyone (who posts at least) who is, for example, in gold and facing more and more plats and some diamonds, believes that they belong in plat and the people they are facing are in the correct league, rather than thinking that they are in the correct league, and that at least some of the people they are facing are in the incorrect league.

Actually I know for a fact that several of the people I'm facing are in the incorrect league. I'm high plat at the moment, and winning against plats/diamonds, and occasionally playing #1 bronze leaguers, who are obviously stuck.


Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 334
Hyuk 204
Hyun 90
Shinee 57
Hm[arnc] 49
ZergMaN 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
League of Legends
JimRising 778
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King121
Other Games
summit1g9024
WinterStarcraft532
ArmadaUGS73
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick741
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream177
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2318
League of Legends
• Rush1647
• Lourlo1005
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 46m
INu's Battles
4h 46m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
7h 46m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 46m
Replay Cast
15h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 3h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.