• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:56
CEST 07:56
KST 14:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8076 users

Ladder locked? - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 35 Next All
YipMan
Profile Joined April 2011
372 Posts
May 23 2011 19:33 GMT
#421
On May 24 2011 03:32 random user wrote:
I think it's funny and ironic that pretty much everyone (who posts at least) who is, for example, in gold and facing more and more plats and some diamonds, believes that they belong in plat and the people they are facing are in the correct league, rather than thinking that they are in the correct league, and that at least some of the people they are facing are in the incorrect league.


Yea total nonsense if you are sitting on top of your division with 300+ points difference to #2, you should really wait for your opponents to get demoted soon. It's widely known that SC2 is a game where you get more likely demoted than promoted, ironic not?
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream
nemo14
Profile Joined January 2011
United States425 Posts
May 23 2011 19:40 GMT
#422
On May 24 2011 04:24 StrangrDangr wrote:
Is it unusual to only face people who are 'even match' with you. I have only face 2 slightly favored people this entire season. It seemed like I face a lot more last season, but maybe not :/


I've noticed this too! It used to be that everyone I played was either favored against me or I was slightly favored against them. I didn't even know that there was an "Even Match" rating until I'd played at least 50 games, but it's all I see now.

Maybe the game is figuring out how precisely it knows my skill level as I play more games and is thereby zeroing in on people I should be able to beat half the time.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-23 19:41:58
May 23 2011 19:40 GMT
#423
I've been in platinum playing as zerg on my alternate account and have been playing the heck out of 1v1. Playing diamonds every single game, definitely with a record above .500. Probably close to 200 games in the last couple weeks (not sure when the bug started).

Also I'm like 600 points above rank 2 in the division.
Kishuu
Profile Joined January 2010
Brazil108 Posts
May 23 2011 19:42 GMT
#424
You guys are making fun of him and you don't understand what is going on.
I was grandmaster and got demoted due inactivity. I kept playing these days to get placed in a league and I still have no 1v1 league. I was just not placed anywhere.
What now, flamers? Am I SO BAD that I don't even deserve a league? What is gonna be the excuse?
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
May 23 2011 19:51 GMT
#425
On May 24 2011 04:42 Kishuu wrote:
You guys are making fun of him and you don't understand what is going on.
I was grandmaster and got demoted due inactivity. I kept playing these days to get placed in a league and I still have no 1v1 league. I was just not placed anywhere.
What now, flamers? Am I SO BAD that I don't even deserve a league? What is gonna be the excuse?


That's kind of a special case for Grandmaster players, because there's a forced ejection once you exceed 180 bonus pool. After your first game following your ejection, you should get demoted into a different league, but because demotions appear to be frozen, you're stuck in limbo and have no league association at all.
Moderator
nemo14
Profile Joined January 2011
United States425 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-23 19:52:58
May 23 2011 19:52 GMT
#426
On May 24 2011 04:42 Kishuu wrote:
You guys are making fun of him and you don't understand what is going on.
I was grandmaster and got demoted due inactivity. I kept playing these days to get placed in a league and I still have no 1v1 league. I was just not placed anywhere.
What now, flamers? Am I SO BAD that I don't even deserve a league? What is gonna be the excuse?


Seriously? I feel like new players not getting placed would make headlines a lot faster than this did. Maybe it's bug that is specific to your somewhat unusual case. Maybe you're trolling a bit. The world may never know...

EDIT: Ninja'd by a burrowed banling! Well played, sir. Well played.
Crucifyx
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States13 Posts
May 23 2011 20:23 GMT
#427
I have been wondering if there is any truth to the ladder lock because I'm in bronze rank 1 and didnt feel like I belong there. So I created a trial acc today to redo placement matches and see where I get placed. I went 4-1 and got put into plat I'm going to play alot of games tonight and see what happens.
salsaPOUND
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia24 Posts
May 23 2011 20:50 GMT
#428
nah guys, I'll vouch for it, whatever it's worth. it's very true.. I'm like 350pts above 2nd place in gold. have been for about 3 weeks now. been playing purely high diamonds for a week. if the ladder isn't bugged, it's surely broken :\
sicajung
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom297 Posts
May 23 2011 21:47 GMT
#429
SEA is being patched right now but the patch notes doesnt said anything about promotion/demotion bug.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.3.4

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug that would cause some Leagues & Ladder pages not to show correctly.
nepts2
Profile Joined May 2011
33 Posts
May 23 2011 21:56 GMT
#430
I think that is the fix.
The error was: Players who could not view the league/ladder pages properly were unable to be promoted/demoted.
SlySly
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany62 Posts
May 23 2011 22:13 GMT
#431
I really hope that this is the fix. Can't wait to get promoted
feebas
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland268 Posts
May 23 2011 22:17 GMT
#432
Here's hoping we Euros get this posthaste.
paska peli
Mantraz
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway119 Posts
May 23 2011 22:22 GMT
#433
On May 24 2011 04:26 dcrowe wrote:
Actually I know for a fact that several of the people I'm facing are in the incorrect league. I'm high plat at the moment, and winning against plats/diamonds, and occasionally playing #1 bronze leaguers, who are obviously stuck.

This is exactly my situation aswell, but thats on EU. It seems most people in this thread are from NA servers, however i'm facing everything from 1400 point bronze league to, usually diamond latly. The bronze league dude was not on a particularly insane winstreak either, he had some losses thrown in there (a pretty impressive ratio, but not the kind that will make the MMR confused).
leviathan20
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom193 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-23 22:25:46
May 23 2011 22:25 GMT
#434
MYMClouD is the best example of the problem I think. He is ranked 1 in GM league on EU, but on NA he is stuck in Diamond. 1,800+ points, more than 900 ahead of the guy below him, and 1,400 ahead of the guy below that. Definitely something wrong there if the GM leader is stuck in Diamond league ><

Let's hope the new patch going live on SEA now comes quickly to the other servers and fixes it up
"We better get that boy a waffle NOW or he gon' DIE!"
iPDubsteP
Profile Joined January 2011
United States188 Posts
May 23 2011 22:58 GMT
#435
are there any SEA players that can verify if its fixed after the patch goes live? ^_^
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ YOU'S TROLLIN'!!!
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
May 23 2011 23:12 GMT
#436
On May 24 2011 07:58 DubsteP wrote:
are there any SEA players that can verify if its fixed after the patch goes live? ^_^


The league lock is not associated with the patch. The league lock is a hotfix and is done on the server end. They will probably unlock once all regions get this patch (if the patch does indeed fix everything).
Moderator
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
May 23 2011 23:16 GMT
#437
On May 24 2011 08:12 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 07:58 DubsteP wrote:
are there any SEA players that can verify if its fixed after the patch goes live? ^_^


The league lock is not associated with the patch. The league lock is a hotfix and is done on the server end. They will probably unlock once all regions get this patch (if the patch does indeed fix everything).


Everything including the input error hopefully :D Hope to see this stuff resolved soon ^^

If anything I suppose we can wait for season 3.. New GM~
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-23 23:54:17
May 23 2011 23:53 GMT
#438
Here's the blue post on it, gonna add it to OP: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2580698045#1

Due to an issue with the Grandmaster league we’ve temporarily locked league reassignments. This means that all ranked games are correctly awarding (and subtracting) points, all changes to player’s internal matchmaking rating continue to be made, but the ability to be promoted/demoted to a different league is temporarily on-hold. When this lock is released, the next win will process the correct standing and any league reassignments will be carried out as they would have.

We currently have a hotfix for the Grandmaster issue in testing, and expect it to be implemented very soon. Once the fix is in and verified the lock will be removed and league standings will continue as normal. We’ll make another announcement at that time.

It’s important to note, again, that your games played now continue to count toward your standing and a possible league reassignment.
Moderator
StrangrDangr
Profile Joined March 2011
United States291 Posts
May 23 2011 23:57 GMT
#439
Awesome, I was hoping Blizzard would confirm. Now just have to wait.
"I'm on four gates, so technically if I don't win there is something wrong with this game." desrow
Special Endrey
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany1929 Posts
May 23 2011 23:57 GMT
#440
thx for updating the OP excailibur - any idea when they are done testing the fix für GM ?
This signature is ruining eSports - -Twitter: @SpecialEndrey
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 549
Larva 466
Leta 150
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm231
League of Legends
JimRising 737
Other Games
summit1g8596
WinterStarcraft495
Mew2King85
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick875
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2301
League of Legends
• Rush1347
• Lourlo1114
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 4m
INu's Battles
6h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 4m
Replay Cast
17h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.