• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:31
CEST 00:31
KST 07:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9140 users

Ladder locked? - Page 24

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 35 Next All
Let it Raine
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1245 Posts
May 24 2011 08:30 GMT
#461
my mmr was high enough to face Whitera on ladder, then I lost 7 games in a row to protoss two base all ins.

I feel like I lost a possible chance at getting grandmaster.
Grandmaster Zerg x14. Diamond 1 LoL. MLG 50, Halo 3. Raine.
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
May 24 2011 08:56 GMT
#462
On May 24 2011 17:30 Let it Raine wrote:

I feel like I lost a possible chance at getting grandmaster.


Unlike other leagues, that anyone can get in to given the right skill/MMR, you can only qualify for GM league at the start of the season and when someone drops out due to 2 weeks of inactivity, which will probably not happen all that often.
Such flammable little insects!
VPFaith
Profile Joined April 2011
United States261 Posts
May 24 2011 09:03 GMT
#463
@Malthius, the issue mentioned in US forum had been fixed in patch 1.3.4

http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/127572822

All Ladders are open in patch 1.3.4. Everyone will get promoted now. GL HF.
Never Give Up
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
May 24 2011 09:18 GMT
#464
On May 24 2011 10:12 imfilichino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 09:13 -_-Quails wrote:
On May 23 2011 10:49 Ex_Matt wrote:
lol at people lying in this thread.

99.9% of battle.net players would never go 26-4 out of 30 games ever. I'd prop bet this with any degenerate gambler that isn't a sponsored player.

I have gone on fairly long runs of 80%+ wins twice. The first time was when I worked out that I should be making multiple production facilities and that this wouldn't mean I'd run out of resources. That lasted for about 80 games (10W70L->80W80L) . The next time was a result of learning to a-move.
Because these were discrete skills which incresed my skill immediately upon acquisition it took my MMR a while to catch up.
There are many other skills which can be learnt suddenly. I would contend that at least 20% of players are likely to have this kind of run at some point, either as the system works out where they are or as the system re-evaluates after a skill jump.


LOL those are pretty big "discoveries" =p. It's like discovering the wheel and fire on two separate occasions and reaping the benefits.

It's closer to discovering that you can eat and breathe.
I'll call Nada.
Deathlabel
Profile Joined May 2010
United States50 Posts
May 24 2011 11:39 GMT
#465
can anyone confirm that the ladders are unlocked?
aaLoki
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom1 Post
May 24 2011 11:40 GMT
#466
Appears that the ladders are still locked on EU. Was expecting promotion this morning but nothing
motiv
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3 Posts
May 24 2011 11:50 GMT
#467
On May 24 2011 20:40 aaLoki wrote:
Appears that the ladders are still locked on EU. Was expecting promotion this morning but nothing


I think it's awaiting being patched (although the patch seems to be broken on SEA), so maybe they wont be unlocked even after the initial patch...
Ponyo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1231 Posts
May 24 2011 12:03 GMT
#468
haha i knew it !! Thought that maybe they just changed how promotion works from Season 1, where rank was decided after like 15 games either way lol.
ponyo.848
Gulzt
Profile Joined August 2009
Netherlands275 Posts
May 24 2011 12:19 GMT
#469
Awesome. I'm glad it's going to unlock. Now let's see how many people can confirm that indeed they were right about being in the position to be promoted.

Mackin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Ireland181 Posts
May 24 2011 12:22 GMT
#470
I've got a ~65% win ratio in diamond in my last 56 games on 1v1 ladder. Does that mean when the ladder bug is fixed, I should be able to rank to Masters easily? I know people have said you keep your MMR and all, but im just wondering because some people were saying its fixed and I have no luck yet ? Anyone got a good idea of how many games / win ratio it took them to progress to Masters?
Serenity
Adr4melecH
Profile Joined March 2010
Thailand667 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-24 12:29:53
May 24 2011 12:27 GMT
#471
It's not working yet on SEA,at least not for me. I am not promoted to master yet

I also got a weird bug, after i won a game it showed that my rank is 99th (I am actually 1st). Maybe another fix patch incoming?

tentoff
Profile Joined March 2011
United States19 Posts
May 24 2011 12:29 GMT
#472

I've got a ~65% win ratio in diamond in my last 56 games on 1v1 ladder. Does that mean when the ladder bug is fixed, I should be able to rank to Masters easily? I know people have said you keep your MMR and all, but im just wondering because some people were saying its fixed and I have no luck yet ? Anyone got a good idea of how many games / win ratio it took them to progress to Masters?


Well, it all depends on the rankings of the players that they have been matching you against. Odds are, if you have 65% win ratio, you have been outperforming players of similar rank to you. But it is possible that you have been matched a lot against lower skill players.

One of the best ways to see if you are likely to get promoted soon, is look at your last ten games' opponents. If they have almost all been "slightly favored" and have been in master league, that means they are matching you against better players because it wants to promote you to that league.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
May 24 2011 12:33 GMT
#473
Since, the problem is over. I think this thread should be locked or it will turn in to a whine fest of people that can't promote.
If you want to know how Bnet and MMR work, there are a few topic that explain MMR very clearly, just use the search function.
Terran
OGCeltiC
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada70 Posts
May 24 2011 12:37 GMT
#474
On May 24 2011 21:29 tentoff wrote:
Show nested quote +

I've got a ~65% win ratio in diamond in my last 56 games on 1v1 ladder. Does that mean when the ladder bug is fixed, I should be able to rank to Masters easily? I know people have said you keep your MMR and all, but im just wondering because some people were saying its fixed and I have no luck yet ? Anyone got a good idea of how many games / win ratio it took them to progress to Masters?


Well, it all depends on the rankings of the players that they have been matching you against. Odds are, if you have 65% win ratio, you have been outperforming players of similar rank to you. But it is possible that you have been matched a lot against lower skill players.

One of the best ways to see if you are likely to get promoted soon, is look at your last ten games' opponents. If they have almost all been "slightly favored" and have been in master league, that means they are matching you against better players because it wants to promote you to that league.


Well, I am in diamond and 2 days ago I was slightly favoured vs a low master league, an I am even vs 900 point masters atm. So it doesn't mean that if you're diamond facing masters that they're going to be slightly favoured, you could have a high master MMR (like me) but you just have a diamond "symbol" I don't care that I am diamond on one of my accounts If I am still facing and beating high master leagues, I know that I am easily master level.
Mackin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Ireland181 Posts
May 24 2011 12:42 GMT
#475
On May 24 2011 21:29 tentoff wrote:
Well, it all depends on the rankings of the players that they have been matching you against. Odds are, if you have 65% win ratio, you have been outperforming players of similar rank to you. But it is possible that you have been matched a lot against lower skill players.

One of the best ways to see if you are likely to get promoted soon, is look at your last ten games' opponents. If they have almost all been "slightly favored" and have been in master league, that means they are matching you against better players because it wants to promote you to that league.


Thanks for clearing that up for me tentoff I just had a look at my last few games and its been all diamond my last 10 games. Im assuming that means I've a little bit to go to get into Masters so I'll work hard to improve before the ladders fixed.

Again, thanks for the help!! :D
Serenity
Mackin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Ireland181 Posts
May 24 2011 12:45 GMT
#476
On May 24 2011 21:37 OGCeltiC wrote:
Well, I am in diamond and 2 days ago I was slightly favoured vs a low master league, an I am even vs 900 point masters atm. So it doesn't mean that if you're diamond facing masters that they're going to be slightly favoured, you could have a high master MMR (like me) but you just have a diamond "symbol" I don't care that I am diamond on one of my accounts If I am still facing and beating high master leagues, I know that I am easily master level.


Yeah but obviously if you're beating High Masters and you have a high master account you have felt the victory that is getting into the Master league for the first time (maybe you dont care anyways :D).

This is something I've yet to accomplish so thats why I care about having my big shiny badge - then I can brag to my friends in bronze through diamond :D
Serenity
YipMan
Profile Joined April 2011
372 Posts
May 24 2011 12:47 GMT
#477
On May 24 2011 21:33 Caphe wrote:
Since, the problem is over. I think this thread should be locked or it will turn in to a whine fest of people that can't promote.
If you want to know how Bnet and MMR work, there are a few topic that explain MMR very clearly, just use the search function.


Where is the problem already solved yet? Maybe get your facts straight?
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream
bio_hazard13
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany2 Posts
May 24 2011 12:49 GMT
#478
I also have had the issue since the patch with after every game I appear to be rank 100 in my division in my score screen, but when I look at my ladder I am in the right position.

Not a game breaking bug, but a weird one none the less. I have seen it in both 1v1 and 4v4s
majhra
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia3 Posts
May 24 2011 12:54 GMT
#479
On May 24 2011 21:27 Adr4melecH wrote:
It's not working yet on SEA,at least not for me. I am not promoted to master yet

I also got a weird bug, after i won a game it showed that my rank is 99th (I am actually 1st). Maybe another fix patch incoming?


I, too, end all matches at rank 100 (even though I'm 2nd).

So they might have fixed the ranking not _always_ displaying properly to _never_ displaying properly.

Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
May 24 2011 12:57 GMT
#480
On May 24 2011 21:47 YipMan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 21:33 Caphe wrote:
Since, the problem is over. I think this thread should be locked or it will turn in to a whine fest of people that can't promote.
If you want to know how Bnet and MMR work, there are a few topic that explain MMR very clearly, just use the search function.


Where is the problem already solved yet? Maybe get your facts straight?

Take a look here before being agrressive ok?
http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/127572822
Terran
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason105
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1054
ZZZero.O 156
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm115
League of Legends
Doublelift5042
JimRising 641
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5847
Other Games
summit1g8761
FrodaN3188
KnowMe221
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie991
• Shiphtur181
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
29m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 29m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 29m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.