• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:53
CEST 13:53
KST 20:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7640 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 32

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 74 Next
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
June 22 2011 02:01 GMT
#621
On June 22 2011 10:56 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 10:50 MaxField wrote:
I thought this was really neat, but after watching some streams, i am not sure i like this as much. One complaint is that morphing banlings look very similar to actual banlings (might have just been the LQ stream though). Also, i feel that the whole changing the colors is just kinda gimmicky. I am sure it helps identify players better, but i think it looks too cheesy.


Yeah thats one of the reasons im updating the baneling. Look at the pics in the last page.

Ya that looks a lot better than before. I do think it looks pretty and cool, but i dont know if i will ever end up doing it to my account.
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
IIIOmegaIII
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden319 Posts
June 22 2011 02:01 GMT
#622
cool stuff and great initiative. thanks =))
Tsuycc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada269 Posts
June 22 2011 02:20 GMT
#623
I cant seem to find my mod folder can anyone show me a a video, pictures or anything i might be missing?
[Hoping spider mines are brought back in SC2] // MarineKing // Leta // Polt | Terran Pride "my girlfriend is the medivac" -Rain
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27424 Posts
June 22 2011 11:44 GMT
#624
Strange how this works but editing the sounds apparently not longer does?
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 22 2011 18:36 GMT
#625
On June 22 2011 20:44 Ubertron wrote:
Strange how this works but editing the sounds apparently not longer does?

People were experiencing problems with sound when they dragged the download into the liberty folder instead of in the liberty MULTI like is stated in the instructions. check to see if this maybe happened.
Kill the Deathball
.Mthex-
Profile Joined May 2011
United States168 Posts
June 22 2011 20:08 GMT
#626
Quite honestly those dark stalkers look extremely badass.
"If you tricked him, then he is tricked" - Artosis
Keldrath
Profile Joined July 2010
United States449 Posts
June 22 2011 20:14 GMT
#627
this is very cool, i like it. it was kind of disappointing on low settings tho so i wont be using it but it really looks nice on higher settings
If you want peace... prepare for war.
ectonym
Profile Joined July 2010
United States147 Posts
June 23 2011 08:04 GMT
#628
On June 15 2011 20:02 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2011 19:04 linduxed wrote:
I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but can we have a version number for the textures?

It's easier to know if something has changed that way.


Ohh sorry about this. Yeah sure ill make it version 1.0 I guess. I havent uploaded any changes since release because I dont want to make people download too often. But once I make a few more ill update.

No teamcolor on collossi legs and less teamcolor on zerg buildings while they are being morphed are some things im changing. And hopefully also a fix for fungal.

Also I made creep have more detail. I didnt mean to include this in the mpq but I think I did. If anyone is unpleased with the creep then remove the files that start with creep in the mpq. I will probably remove this from future releases since it is unrelated.


Loving this change except for the Fungal Growth. As soon as it is changed please let us all know -- it is VERY difficult to tell what has been Fungal Growth-d

Thanks for this
I cannot be what I am so I become money, quarter by quarter, and live as long as I can live. "Why I Play Video Games," by Tony Barnstone. check out my design website, ectonym.com
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 11:44:02
June 23 2011 11:30 GMT
#629
On June 23 2011 17:04 ectonym wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2011 20:02 pzea469 wrote:
On June 15 2011 19:04 linduxed wrote:
I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but can we have a version number for the textures?

It's easier to know if something has changed that way.


Ohh sorry about this. Yeah sure ill make it version 1.0 I guess. I havent uploaded any changes since release because I dont want to make people download too often. But once I make a few more ill update.

No teamcolor on collossi legs and less teamcolor on zerg buildings while they are being morphed are some things im changing. And hopefully also a fix for fungal.

Also I made creep have more detail. I didnt mean to include this in the mpq but I think I did. If anyone is unpleased with the creep then remove the files that start with creep in the mpq. I will probably remove this from future releases since it is unrelated.


Loving this change except for the Fungal Growth. As soon as it is changed please let us all know -- it is VERY difficult to tell what has been Fungal Growth-d

Thanks for this


[image loading]

I seem to have finally fixed it. Im not sure what regular fungal looked like anymore but I think this is shinier, more easy to see? Or maybe its actually the same idk, I'm tired lol. Click to zoom in.

EDIT: Just looked up a pic of regular fungal. My version is definitely easier to spot I think. Its definitely brighter. Zoom in on both images and compare.
[image loading]
Kill the Deathball
alokin
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada269 Posts
June 23 2011 21:57 GMT
#630
did you update the file? i'd definetly like to fix the fungal!
twitch.tv/alokin1 come join me!
Expurgate
Profile Joined January 2011
United States208 Posts
June 23 2011 22:09 GMT
#631
Really nice initiative on this; would be nice if it were an option by default in the game.
Moochlol
Profile Joined August 2010
United States456 Posts
June 23 2011 22:49 GMT
#632
I just installed to see if he uploaded the new fungal effect, alas its still grayish. Have u tried changing the colors based on protoss units, because on stalkers you cant even see it.
blaaaaaarghhhhh
Xanbatou
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States805 Posts
June 23 2011 23:14 GMT
#633
Question: Observers are actually very squishy if they are detected. Couldn't it be possible to change the textures on the detected observer so its much easier to see and easier to snipe with corruptors? Then you could wreak havoc on their main army with just burrowed roaches. They would have to keep rebuilding observers (and therefore not colossi) in order to protect against burrow roach shenanigans.
noregretz
Profile Joined June 2011
Ireland1 Post
June 23 2011 23:53 GMT
#634
how can u download this i would plz like to know i have trouble seen with my eye sight i would be realy greatful thank you
thnikkaman
Profile Joined October 2010
19 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 00:51:43
June 24 2011 00:43 GMT
#635
isn't modifying the game files against blizzard terms of use?

I would just hope that teamliquid doesn't endorse something that can be used to cheat the game
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
June 24 2011 01:03 GMT
#636
@Xanbatou, how is this relevant at all.

If this is too dangerous for you, then don't download it. The author is presenting an argument, and a solution, which does not modify any of Blizzard's files, if you've read it over. And so far, no one has been banned or warned for using the textures.

The textures also don't give any game changing advantage to the player, and no one competitive is using it, so it shouldn't matter in that regard either.


Also, TeamLiquid is not endorsing the post or its contents. If you realize, there's a disclaimer at the bottom which says,

The opinions expressed by our users do not reflect the official position of TeamLiquid.net or its staff.


so chill out. If you don't want to use it, don't. He even has a disclaimer which says use at your risk.


I use it because I don't have the best eyesight, and this clears up the game quite a bit, but there are some bugs to work out.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Xanbatou
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States805 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 04:43:11
June 24 2011 04:40 GMT
#637
On June 24 2011 10:03 Blisse wrote:
@Xanbatou, how is this relevant at all.

If this is too dangerous for you, then don't download it. The author is presenting an argument, and a solution, which does not modify any of Blizzard's files, if you've read it over. And so far, no one has been banned or warned for using the textures.

The textures also don't give any game changing advantage to the player, and no one competitive is using it, so it shouldn't matter in that regard either.


Also, TeamLiquid is not endorsing the post or its contents. If you realize, there's a disclaimer at the bottom which says,

Show nested quote +
The opinions expressed by our users do not reflect the official position of TeamLiquid.net or its staff.


so chill out. If you don't want to use it, don't. He even has a disclaimer which says use at your risk.


I use it because I don't have the best eyesight, and this clears up the game quite a bit, but there are some bugs to work out.


Uhh, no need to take that attitude. I was asking a legitimate question. As far how it's relevant, I'm asking a question about changing the texture of an observer?

I'm not saying this is dangerous for me bro, calm down. I'm just curious if what I asked is possible.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 24 2011 04:40 GMT
#638
I didn't want to upload a new version yet, but i realize that the fungal thing can be a problem so I will update the version. I'm on it right now, it shouldn't take too long.
Kill the Deathball
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 24 2011 06:10 GMT
#639
K, new version is uploaded. There might be glitches and bugs, in which case I'll fix them real quick and re upload the version. So as soon as you notice something is off let me know. The archon isn't finished since this upload was kind of rushed due to the fungal. I left him like this because even though it is unfinished, it's still easier to tell what team it is on.

Alright let me know if something is off for me to fix, thanks!
Kill the Deathball
alokin
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada269 Posts
June 24 2011 06:29 GMT
#640
wicked thanks dude - i'll check it out and let you know :D
twitch.tv/alokin1 come join me!
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30917
Shuttle 2878
Bisu 998
Horang2 889
Jaedong 737
BeSt 379
Light 367
firebathero 311
Hyuk 305
actioN 285
[ Show more ]
Mini 259
Soma 221
Stork 215
Zeus 201
EffOrt 174
Soulkey 170
ggaemo 143
Last 139
Leta 137
ZerO 98
Snow 90
Pusan 86
Rush 73
Mong 56
Killer 47
hero 45
Sea.KH 43
Aegong 39
Mind 37
Sharp 30
Shine 26
Bale 26
Sexy 25
Shinee 24
soO 23
ToSsGirL 23
NaDa 18
Terrorterran 17
zelot 14
sorry 13
PianO 13
JulyZerg 12
Free 12
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
HiyA 9
Trap 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1995
qojqva1345
Dendi761
Fuzer 136
League of Legends
Reynor105
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1446
x6flipin295
markeloff17
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1850
crisheroes751
Other Games
gofns29966
singsing2029
B2W.Neo486
XBOCT341
DeMusliM182
Livibee175
Liquid`LucifroN125
XaKoH 122
Mew2King110
ArmadaUGS93
QueenE87
ZerO(Twitch)10
Chillindude8
Railgan7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream261
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2246
• TFBlade469
Other Games
• WagamamaTV149
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 7m
Stellar Fest
1h 7m
OSC
12h 7m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.