• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:57
CEST 12:57
KST 19:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7631 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 31

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 74 Next
Branmatt
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States66 Posts
June 21 2011 13:15 GMT
#601
On June 21 2011 14:44 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2011 13:47 jstar wrote:
On June 20 2011 20:04 pzea469 wrote:
On June 20 2011 19:31 baldgye wrote:
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2226156904?page=1#8

Apparentally the offical line from Blizzard is that using this mod will get your account banned...


Yeah, ive been told before. Its a shame that it could get your account banned, but i find it dumb. Anyways despite that possibility I've kept using it and will keep using it. Probably until Blizz says something about it or until i get banned or suspended.

People really need to stop asking blizz though lol, no matter what case you make to them they will always say that you are not allowed to modify anything. That's their job. I don't think anyone expects them to answer with "sure, its okay, just don't cheat, have fun!" If they ban ppl who added things or edited mpqs then anyone who changed their background or sounds can get banned too. It's just a risk I'm willing to take and I hope people who use this are willing to do so too. I'm definitely not responsible for what Blizz decides to do, so as always be careful.

The reason I say people should stop asking by the way is because i see it like this....


+ Show Spoiler +
Your mom wants you to do your homework before playing videogames. BUT you get home and start playing videgames right away. Your mom isn't really focused or too strict about it so it's all good. You do your homework later(or not lol). But then you come home one day, and decide you're going to ask your mom whether it's okay if you play videogames and do your homework later. Well now you messed it up, because you KNOW that your mom doesn't really want that. So she'll of course say something like "well I dont think so. Just do your homework and then play after". Well now you messed up, because now she is going to be more aware of your filthy ways of playing before homework. So even though you weren't allowed to in the first place, your question has made her make sure you're doing your hw first. And if she sees you play games first, despite her having said no recently(defiance), she could very well lay down the ground hammer. Mothers vary, but you get the point(hopefully).

So asking whether you're allowed to do something, even though you pretty much know you aren't, just makes it worse for those doing it. It can make something minor into something worse.


How is it dumb? You're actually modifying game files to give you an unfair advantage over your opponent. Despite how "minor" it is, you still have an advantage. Can't wait till everyone here gets banned.


Hoping everyone gets banned isn't a very nice comment. And keep in mind that my main focus for this mod is to give better clarity for spectators. Of course I also want to make the game clearer for the people playing, but that just makes sense. I love this game, and this is my way of contributing to it. The advantage you get from this is almost non-existant, and if someone who loses a match to someone who uses this mod blames their loss on it, that is just sad and pathetic. Just play the game. If your better you'll win.

Anyways, working on the baneling. Changed it from glowy solid team color to less intense team color that fades.(I did this to better differentiate the banelings from lings when theyre all clumped. Also looks more natural than solid team color. I find them way more clear to spot this way.)
[image loading]
[image loading]

Thoughts? Too shiny? Let me know Zergs.


I think having shiny zergs instead of dark ones for once looks great!
chickensmasher
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada57 Posts
June 21 2011 14:52 GMT
#602
Is there a way to change the "ally colours" option? To something other than green and red?
Heed thee thine own encouragement that whilst we play this game, emotions are present. -The book of Geoff 5:12
Branmatt
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States66 Posts
June 21 2011 14:55 GMT
#603
On June 21 2011 23:52 chickensmasher wrote:
Is there a way to change the "ally colours" option? To something other than green and red?


If you are not in a custom game, no.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 21 2011 17:18 GMT
#604
On June 21 2011 22:10 orZ5 wrote:
As the new changes implemented already? could you put the new link with the new updates that you done? Thank you for your work!


No I havent released the changes yet. Id like to release them all at once so im going to try and improve on more things before I upload. Your welcome, thank you for the support.
Kill the Deathball
djWHEAT
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States925 Posts
June 21 2011 17:23 GMT
#605
On June 21 2011 16:05 Svartstol wrote:
How do you make them glow? I watched Kings of tin today and djWHEAT has some amazing colors on his units, but mine doesnt shine like that

I guess making the colors a bit vibrant i think is the correct word for it


The secret to that is a few tweaks I make to the actual capture card input, to give it a bit extra shine (and also to make the colors pop). I do not use this MOD although I think it's a needed change that would help!
OneMoreGame.tv // Weapon Of Choice // Kings Of Tin // Inside The Game // Live On Three
Nerski
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1095 Posts
June 21 2011 17:32 GMT
#606
messing with any game files is a dangerous business, I'm honestly not sure why TL leaves posts that could potentially lead to players being banned from the game up. Granted everyone would love to be able to mod the game files to tweak things they don't like...I'm just not so sure it's worth the risk just because it seems like they don't care. It's pretty clear in the ToS they can potentially ban your account for any modding of the game files.

One little tweak in their automated detection software that perceives this as malicious and everyone using this mods account gets locked...just doesn't seem worth it.

Overall it's a cool mod don't get me wrong, it's just against blizzards ToS until they say otherwise.
Twitter: @GoForNerski /// Youtube: Youtube.com/nerskisc
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27424 Posts
June 21 2011 19:25 GMT
#607
Well considering I leant my account out when I went travelling and managed to get permanently banned, with no explanation despite emails, I'll risk it. This has improved my gaming experience a surprising amount and I'd quite happily buy another account if there is any ban for this, as ridiculous as that would be.

I wanted to try out the Brood War sounds as well which would be cool, is that still working? I remember there was one for the beta but not sure if it's still around
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Cire
Profile Joined May 2010
United States23 Posts
June 21 2011 19:25 GMT
#608
On June 22 2011 02:32 Nerski wrote:
messing with any game files is a dangerous business, I'm honestly not sure why TL leaves posts that could potentially lead to players being banned from the game up. Granted everyone would love to be able to mod the game files to tweak things they don't like...I'm just not so sure it's worth the risk just because it seems like they don't care. It's pretty clear in the ToS they can potentially ban your account for any modding of the game files.

One little tweak in their automated detection software that perceives this as malicious and everyone using this mods account gets locked...just doesn't seem worth it.

Overall it's a cool mod don't get me wrong, it's just against blizzards ToS until they say otherwise.

Eh, whatever. It's just something that makes the game cooler. I have my sounds switched out with the Korean sounds, and now I have this installed. If I get banned I'll see if I can appeal to Blizzard (say it was not a malicious modification), and if they don't unban me, I'll buy a new account. I really don't think Blizz will actually ban anyone for it, or replacing sound files. It's just their job to discourage people from editing game files, because editing files could be used for bad purposes just as easily as it can make the game better (as this mod does).

but until they actually ban me, or I hear anyone say they've been banned for this or the sound swapping, I'm not going to live scared.
Nizzy
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States839 Posts
June 21 2011 19:59 GMT
#609
anyway to make yourself the color white? Like on the minimap in wc3? Alt+F to make you white instead of boring green?

Thanks.
HentaiPrime
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada85 Posts
June 21 2011 20:02 GMT
#610
On June 20 2011 20:04 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2011 19:31 baldgye wrote:
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2226156904?page=1#8

Apparentally the offical line from Blizzard is that using this mod will get your account banned...


Yeah, ive been told before. Its a shame that it could get your account banned, but i find it dumb. Anyways despite that possibility I've kept using it and will keep using it. Probably until Blizz says something about it or until i get banned or suspended.


been told that before by blizzard employees?
┻━━━┻ ︵ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ︵ ▄▄▄︵ ҉‭‭‭˙ (╯°o°)╯
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27424 Posts
June 21 2011 20:38 GMT
#611
Actually a friend of mine is a WoW GM so he has some insight into these things. He's said that these mods are technically bannable offences, as has been mentioned before, however he doesn't think they will result in mass bans, or if they do they should be appealable
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 22 2011 00:29 GMT
#612
On June 22 2011 05:02 HentaiPrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2011 20:04 pzea469 wrote:
On June 20 2011 19:31 baldgye wrote:
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2226156904?page=1#8

Apparentally the offical line from Blizzard is that using this mod will get your account banned...


Yeah, ive been told before. Its a shame that it could get your account banned, but i find it dumb. Anyways despite that possibility I've kept using it and will keep using it. Probably until Blizz says something about it or until i get banned or suspended.


been told that before by blizzard employees?


Oh sorry, no thats not what I meant. I was just saying that other people have told me its against the tos and that I could be banned.
Kill the Deathball
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 00:40:12
June 22 2011 00:39 GMT
#613
On June 22 2011 02:32 Nerski wrote:
messing with any game files is a dangerous business, I'm honestly not sure why TL leaves posts that could potentially lead to players being banned from the game up. Granted everyone would love to be able to mod the game files to tweak things they don't like...I'm just not so sure it's worth the risk just because it seems like they don't care. It's pretty clear in the ToS they can potentially ban your account for any modding of the game files.

One little tweak in their automated detection software that perceives this as malicious and everyone using this mods account gets locked...just doesn't seem worth it.

Overall it's a cool mod don't get me wrong, it's just against blizzards ToS until they say otherwise.


Its up to the player if they want to risk getting banned or not. I think TL realises people should have more options with SC2 not less, and people are smart enough to decide for themselves.

As far as I can tell, this is something that should actually be in the game, to make the game easier to watch from a spectators point of view. Its almost impossible to see whats going on in mirror matchups.

If a mod like this gets popular who knows, Blizzard might actually care.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
starcraft911
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Korea (South)1263 Posts
June 22 2011 00:43 GMT
#614
I'm a huge fan of this, but I'm not going to use it because I've been temp-banned by blizzard before for using some modified skins in wc3
The Void
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany428 Posts
June 22 2011 00:58 GMT
#615
this is absolutely awesome and should be an option oO
it is hard to be an atheist and deal with day9 (╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻ also i stole this too ♞...o_O..oh..and his buddies ♚♛♜♝♟http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=295038 don't trust the suits...
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
June 22 2011 01:02 GMT
#616
Has anyone experienced being banned after using this mod? I so want to use it but I fear for my account.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
zato.no.ichi
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4 Posts
June 22 2011 01:23 GMT
#617
this is a great idea and I'm glad I found it. blizzard is going in the right direction imo, their focus should be on making the best looking units possible for everyone, while leaving the game open to utility mods like this, for those who want to use it. though I also think they may have favored form over function in a few too many areas of the game, it's impossible to please everyone, so it's always good to have this kind of option.

similar but not as visually appealing ways to achieve something like this would simply be to crank your gamma way up, or tweak color settings in your graphics drivers/device output, etc, which anyone could easily do without modding anything, so those who would see this as some kind of unfair advantage really need to get a clue.

On June 22 2011 02:32 Nerski wrote:
messing with any game files is a dangerous business, I'm honestly not sure why TL leaves posts that could potentially lead to players being banned from the game up. Granted everyone would love to be able to mod the game files to tweak things they don't like...I'm just not so sure it's worth the risk just because it seems like they don't care. It's pretty clear in the ToS they can potentially ban your account for any modding of the game files.

One little tweak in their automated detection software that perceives this as malicious and everyone using this mods account gets locked...just doesn't seem worth it.

Overall it's a cool mod don't get me wrong, it's just against blizzards ToS until they say otherwise.


you mean like the warcraft TOS? I'm not a wow player, but as I understand it, playing the vanilla version is basically unheard of at this point. once you have been in the gaming community for a while, you will realise that any TOS is basically worthless in reference, both legally and morally. look through the TOS documents in your other games some time, you'll see such similar outlandish restrictions imposed in every piece of software. its only purpose is to be a catch-all for them to slide back on, with no legal bearing whatsoever, even though authors will always make it appear to be official.

devs/publishers just want the unconditional coverage to ban anyone they see fit, and with good reason. this sort of thing just needs to be stated so that, if they catch anyone with malicious mods, they can be banned accordingly. it needs to be ambiguous and overreaching, because it's impossible to forsee every method of malicious content.

if blizzard really wanted their files to be unmoddable, they would make it so, and easily. if you don't understand how these files are structured, just know that they are moddable by design, not by accident. this texture mod for example, is a simple drop replace, that the game's asset management system is detecting passively, meaning there are no modifications to any executables necessary to make it work.

this could easily be changed in the future, whenever blizz feels like it. but highly unlikely considering that a good portion, and maybe the majority of their business relies on custom content. custom maps are using the same methods of content replacement we see here, just packaged differently. it could be in the future when HoTS comes out, that they would tighten up file security in favor of managed content in their store, let's hope it never comes to that. for now you should be modding your game as much as possible, just to show that this kind of thing is a wanted feature that should stay in the game.
Even with my eyes wide open, I can't see a thing
Dommk
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia4865 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 01:50:58
June 22 2011 01:47 GMT
#618
Blizzard puts things in their TOS to cover all their bases, you have people lending accounts to siblings/roommates/etc and Blizzard don't really care because it just isn't worth it to go after them. Usually they lay down the ban hammer when things cross the line from between harmless to exploitation.

Difficult to say whether or not this will get you banned or not, but I think Blizzard will most likely turn a blind eye much like they did with the hotkey editing within the MPQ files
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
June 22 2011 01:50 GMT
#619
I thought this was really neat, but after watching some streams, i am not sure i like this as much. One complaint is that morphing banlings look very similar to actual banlings (might have just been the LQ stream though). Also, i feel that the whole changing the colors is just kinda gimmicky. I am sure it helps identify players better, but i think it looks too cheesy.
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 01:57:39
June 22 2011 01:56 GMT
#620
On June 22 2011 10:50 MaxField wrote:
I thought this was really neat, but after watching some streams, i am not sure i like this as much. One complaint is that morphing banlings look very similar to actual banlings (might have just been the LQ stream though). Also, i feel that the whole changing the colors is just kinda gimmicky. I am sure it helps identify players better, but i think it looks too cheesy.


Yeah thats one of the reasons im updating the baneling. Look at the pics in the last page.
Kill the Deathball
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings32
CranKy Ducklings SOOP13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2749
Bisu 1027
Horang2 681
Jaedong 589
Hyuk 499
BeSt 446
actioN 289
firebathero 257
Light 238
Zeus 210
[ Show more ]
Stork 171
Leta 138
Soulkey 135
EffOrt 117
Last 101
Soma 96
ZerO 76
Mini 74
Sexy 68
Pusan 64
Rush 57
Mong 46
ggaemo 43
Killer 42
Mind 38
Aegong 36
Shinee 35
soO 28
hero 27
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 21
PianO 19
Terrorterran 17
sorry 16
Sharp 16
NaDa 14
Free 13
JulyZerg 11
HiyA 10
Shine 9
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Snow 5
Dota 2
Fuzer 110
Dendi13
League of Legends
Reynor64
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1467
shoxiejesuss1166
x6flipin224
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King135
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2132
crisheroes480
Other Games
gofns35387
singsing1840
XBOCT341
DeMusliM186
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS100
B2W.Neo78
QueenE55
Liquid`LucifroN12
ZerO(Twitch)11
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• LUISG 34
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2447
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 3m
Stellar Fest
2h 3m
OSC
13h 3m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.