• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:42
CEST 11:42
KST 18:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13293 users

Base Camera Inject. Queen melt down, SOLVED - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-21 02:59:22
March 21 2011 02:58 GMT
#221
On March 21 2011 11:33 Tschis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 05:33 ChefStarCraft wrote:
On March 21 2011 00:58 Tschis wrote:
On March 20 2011 15:01 ChefStarCraft wrote:
On March 20 2011 12:38 Tschis wrote:
Anyone else has a problem when you press "w" and the camera goes back to the same queen, or one that has already used inject?

//tx


You either:
1. Hit w to many times and skipped the hatchery.
2. The queen wasn't close enough to the hatchery or you din't have a queen assigned to the hatchery that was skipped.

If its the second reasons, this is the whole purpose of the toggle. Which is to keep queens from running to hatcheries without a queen beside it when injecting.

Heres a point I made and will put into the op:

I will double tap e and hold shit to use follow current selection. I only use it when its later in the games, if harass had taken a queen or if a new hatch was just put up and theres no queen. Mainly whenever its hectic and I need more focus on other matters.

I will inject normally by pressing e once and hold shift when its not hectic and I know i have a queen beside each hatchery. I view this as my safety button, it has saved my butt many times.



Nope. Whenever I have more hatcheries than Queens, this happens. It's like it tries to go to the Hatchery with no Queen, and then it bounces back to the closes Queen, and that might have been a Queen that already injected larva.

This is bound to happen eventually if someone kills one of my Queens. So this might be some trouble this method has.


//tx



That is precisely what I was trying to explain. If you don't have a queen beside a hatch it will skip it. It pulls the base camera to the queens in your selection, acting as a super base camera.

You can still complete a full cycle of injects, you will just skip the hatchery that has no queen beside it. Which is the whole point, so I can't really see this as a problem.

If it has jumped back to a queen that has already injected then you have completed the whole cycle. If you haven't completely fished doing the cycle and the camera keeps getting stuck on a queen there is probably another queen close by that is also in that control group. If 2 queens are in the same screen and really close to each other (close to side by side) then the base camera will have a higher priority to follow those queens, locking the camera.



If I inject on the first hatch, and the second doesn't have a Queen, and the third has, sometimes it pops back to the first Queen instead of going to the Third base, so I haven't finished the whole cycle, but it brought me back to an injected base. It's better than having a queen walking around, but it's not good either.

//tx



This can be due to the cycle of the hatcheries with the base camera. My insight on it is that the base camera will cycle the hatcheries in order you created them. The hatchery that is being skipped and causing the camera to appear on a already visited queen is because its forcing the base camera to cycle between 2 different hatcheries that are closer to that queen in the selection. If the hatcheries are spaced out right this wont happen, (this can be hard to avoid in certain maps so I don't advise it). This is the only small set back that I can confirm is true.

I agree it's far better then having the queens running around. I don't recommend injecting like this every single inject. Just when its turned into a heavy macro game or you need to focus on other matters. For example: if you know there is a alert at a hatchery and you prefer not to risk a queen meltdown.

Thank you for helping me understand this. ^.^
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
Eruaphadion
Profile Joined June 2008
Canada78 Posts
March 21 2011 03:30 GMT
#222
I would love to see what a player like IdrA's opinion would be on this...since practically speaking they would have the most experience with top-level strategical and mechanical play. Especially IdrA since he is considered one of the best macro players in the world.
"STEP ON THE GAS"
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
March 21 2011 04:54 GMT
#223
On March 21 2011 12:30 Eruaphadion wrote:
I would love to see what a player like IdrA's opinion would be on this...since practically speaking they would have the most experience with top-level strategical and mechanical play. Especially IdrA since he is considered one of the best macro players in the world.


From what i have read most if not all top players don't mess with changing hotkeys.

You can't change hotkeys in some tournaments.
I'm not 100% on this but I have come across hearing this more then once.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
ryryry
Profile Joined September 2010
Trinidad/Tobago1 Post
March 22 2011 20:24 GMT
#224
hmm i try to do this method but for some reason when i press w (base camera) after pressing center unit camera (shift+e) it cancels the effect and just toggles all hatcheries even ones w/o queens near them any1 else gettin this prob. ? If so have a fix? tanx
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
March 23 2011 02:16 GMT
#225
On March 23 2011 05:24 ryryry wrote:
hmm i try to do this method but for some reason when i press w (base camera) after pressing center unit camera (shift+e) it cancels the effect and just toggles all hatcheries even ones w/o queens near them any1 else gettin this prob. ? If so have a fix? tanx


I'm not to sure I'f I understand your problem. From what I read your using center on current selection, you should be using follow current selection.

Center on current selection will cancel follow current selections toggle.

Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
March 23 2011 02:18 GMT
#226
On March 21 2011 13:54 ChefStarCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 12:30 Eruaphadion wrote:
I would love to see what a player like IdrA's opinion would be on this...since practically speaking they would have the most experience with top-level strategical and mechanical play. Especially IdrA since he is considered one of the best macro players in the world.


From what i have read most if not all top players don't mess with changing hotkeys.

You can't change hotkeys in some tournaments.
I'm not 100% on this but I have come across hearing this more then once.

Which tournaments? How would they check if you had switched?
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-23 03:56:28
March 23 2011 03:34 GMT
#227
I have been using this method to great success in patch 1.2.1. But now that 1.3 is out, for some reason the Follow Current Selection feature is not working.....I've changed nothing but the base camera is overriding the follow current selection option. Anyone else getting problems?

Edit:

I think i can pretty much confirm that Follow Current Unit Selection does WORK BUT it does not override the base command anymore!!! ARGH!

It was fun while it lasted chef.
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
March 24 2011 01:12 GMT
#228
On March 23 2011 12:34 Golgotha wrote:
I have been using this method to great success in patch 1.2.1. But now that 1.3 is out, for some reason the Follow Current Selection feature is not working.....I've changed nothing but the base camera is overriding the follow current selection option. Anyone else getting problems?

Edit:

I think i can pretty much confirm that Follow Current Unit Selection does WORK BUT it does not override the base command anymore!!! ARGH!

It was fun while it lasted chef.


I just tested it, and yeah the new patch patched it up.

Currently the best way to stop queens from running around is now pressing s after injecting.

Also keeping queens energy low.

I too am sad, but these things happen.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
March 24 2011 02:08 GMT
#229
pressing s or h has the problem that cycle 1 they start walking to the other side of the map and then stop, cycle 2 they start walking back to their hatch and stop before reaching it. All this without injecting anything.

I think the only way is manually checking what you inject
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
March 24 2011 02:55 GMT
#230
On March 24 2011 11:08 dementrio wrote:
pressing s or h has the problem that cycle 1 they start walking to the other side of the map and then stop, cycle 2 they start walking back to their hatch and stop before reaching it. All this without injecting anything.

I think the only way is manually checking what you inject


stopping dose work if you catch it right away.

So I'm not sure what your getting at.

But manually checking before you inject goes without saying.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
March 24 2011 03:39 GMT
#231
if the first hatch in the cycle is one without a queen, at least one of the queens will start walking around. if you press stop after you do the injection cycle, that queen will have traveled a bit (and not injected anything) since she was the first one to which a move command was issued. in the next cycle, she will start walking back towards her hatchery, but since the cycle should take the same time as before, the stop command will time just a split second before she injects. After a while of doing this none of the queens is actually injecting.
rbx270j
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada540 Posts
March 24 2011 03:42 GMT
#232
On March 21 2011 12:30 Eruaphadion wrote:
I would love to see what a player like IdrA's opinion would be on this...since practically speaking they would have the most experience with top-level strategical and mechanical play. Especially IdrA since he is considered one of the best macro players in the world.


Idra has said (on sotg iirc) that he doesn't use this method. He has his queens individually hotkeyed so he can see the energy of each of his queens by cycling through the hotkeys. That way, he can keep his queens at low energy even with staggered injection times.
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-24 03:54:51
March 24 2011 03:44 GMT
#233
actually one way of dealing with this would be to remap one of the fixed camera hotkeys (f5-f8) to what was follow current selection, bind that to your main or one hatch that will always have a queen, and go through the same key presses as before and add stop at the end. gonna try this now.

edit: doesn't work, because unless the queenless hatches are the last ones in the cycle, queens will start walking instead of injecting their hatch and basically stop injecting until you babysit them. and this defeats the whole purpose of this method so you might as well use the minimap or individual hotkeys or w/e. sadface
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
March 30 2011 02:47 GMT
#234
After testing a ton of different combinations, I want to share the setup that works best for me (now that the follow-selection trick doesn't work):

I've remapped the fixed camera hotkes (default F5-f8) to ALT+1-5. I set those so that my hatches are centered in the screen. My queen hotkey is 4.

Now I've made a habit of periodically tapping: 4 V SHIFT+ALT+1. This brings the camera back in my main, with queens selected and ready to inject. If the hatchery needs injecting, I click and tap 2-5 while holding down shift and alt. this injects all the hatcheries at almost the same speed of the backspace method, and as long as you take care of setting up the camera locations when you get your queens/hatches, there's no running around.
HEROwithNOlegacy
Profile Joined June 2010
United States850 Posts
March 30 2011 03:16 GMT
#235
I think it is definitely an easier method to inject but I prefer using "4" for my hatcheries so I can select all the larva and set rally points easier and then I use 5-9 for my individual hatcheries so I can just tap them and select the queen and inject. This method actually will hurt you I feel if you lose queens or you want to get use to microing queens against harassment etc. Not to mention on your stream I notice you miss your injections constantly even with this easy ass method. So I think it can make you forget about injecting just because of how simple it makes it, I like being able to select a hatchery individually as well and fix a rally point quickly If I need to re rally units from a base across the map. But I know it is all just personal preference so maybe I will give it a try.
SlayerS Fighting!
GenZai
Profile Joined March 2010
France38 Posts
March 30 2011 04:03 GMT
#236
yeah good idea i'll try it.
Pardon my french
desm0
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany5 Posts
April 04 2011 07:31 GMT
#237
On March 30 2011 11:47 dementrio wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
After testing a ton of different combinations, I want to share the setup that works best for me (now that the follow-selection trick doesn't work):

I've remapped the fixed camera hotkes (default F5-f8) to ALT+1-5. I set those so that my hatches are centered in the screen. My queen hotkey is 4.

Now I've made a habit of periodically tapping: 4 V SHIFT+ALT+1. This brings the camera back in my main, with queens selected and ready to inject. If the hatchery needs injecting, I click and tap 2-5 while holding down shift and alt. this injects all the hatcheries at almost the same speed of the backspace method, and as long as you take care of setting up the camera locations when you get your queens/hatches, there's no running around.


Huge thanks for this, it solved all my problems!
In addition to it, I´ve not set my hotkey for "Center current selection" to ALT+W, so I can select a hatch and press ALT+W before CTRL+ALT+W (hotkey for set camera hotkey), which minimizes the effect of misclicking a hatch when cycling through them.

Another little tool I find quite useful is to change the hotkeys for control group "0" which is almost never used to grave (or whatever that button left to "1" at the edge of our keyboards), and at the start of every game I bind my main hatch (and no other hatches later on) to it, so I can always tap it to see the progress bar, helping me to get the injections timed correctly and not only fast in execution.

Regards
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
April 05 2011 03:40 GMT
#238
On March 30 2011 11:47 dementrio wrote:
After testing a ton of different combinations, I want to share the setup that works best for me (now that the follow-selection trick doesn't work):

I've remapped the fixed camera hotkes (default F5-f8) to ALT+1-5. I set those so that my hatches are centered in the screen. My queen hotkey is 4.

Now I've made a habit of periodically tapping: 4 V SHIFT+ALT+1. This brings the camera back in my main, with queens selected and ready to inject. If the hatchery needs injecting, I click and tap 2-5 while holding down shift and alt. this injects all the hatcheries at almost the same speed of the backspace method, and as long as you take care of setting up the camera locations when you get your queens/hatches, there's no running around.


In my play I really can't see this being any different.
This is just achieving the same method as base camera with just pressing more buttons and taking the time to assign hotkeys.

The main problem with the back space method is when something has killed your queen.
This camera location idea will put you in the same spot with queens running around.

It does solve the queens running around if a new hatch just has popped and you haven't made a queen yet, but thats not a big enough reason for me to start using it this way. Imo the time to make the hotkeys and manage them inst worth the effort compared to the backspace method.

When injecting with the base camera the newest hatch created will be the last hatchery to be centered on. Thats all i need to know.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
April 05 2011 03:45 GMT
#239
On March 30 2011 11:47 dementrio wrote:
After testing a ton of different combinations, I want to share the setup that works best for me (now that the follow-selection trick doesn't work):

I've remapped the fixed camera hotkes (default F5-f8) to ALT+1-5. I set those so that my hatches are centered in the screen. My queen hotkey is 4.

Now I've made a habit of periodically tapping: 4 V SHIFT+ALT+1. This brings the camera back in my main, with queens selected and ready to inject. If the hatchery needs injecting, I click and tap 2-5 while holding down shift and alt. this injects all the hatcheries at almost the same speed of the backspace method, and as long as you take care of setting up the camera locations when you get your queens/hatches, there's no running around.



nice! will go try it out and test. Been doing something similar and kicking ass!
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 04:07:39
April 05 2011 04:07 GMT
#240
On March 30 2011 11:47 dementrio wrote:
After testing a ton of different combinations, I want to share the setup that works best for me (now that the follow-selection trick doesn't work):

I've remapped the fixed camera hotkes (default F5-f8) to ALT+1-5. I set those so that my hatches are centered in the screen. My queen hotkey is 4.

Now I've made a habit of periodically tapping: 4 V SHIFT+ALT+1. This brings the camera back in my main, with queens selected and ready to inject. If the hatchery needs injecting, I click and tap 2-5 while holding down shift and alt. this injects all the hatcheries at almost the same speed of the backspace method, and as long as you take care of setting up the camera locations when you get your queens/hatches, there's no running around.


omg this works perfectly!!!!!! holy christ. dude make a new thread with this method. I am going to make a video right now to show how fast this method is. I kinda do it differently but same idea with camera locations. Very easy and very fast. I love this method more because you will never have a run away queen like the backspace method.

Edit:

sorry mods i posted too quickly in my excitement.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 193
ProTech1
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1289
Larva 861
Horang2 683
BeSt 610
Hyuk 441
soO 400
ZerO 219
EffOrt 192
Zeus 156
Rush 76
[ Show more ]
Stork 64
Killer 62
Shinee 58
Light 42
Mind 36
Mong 25
Bale 23
Terrorterran 22
PianO 20
ToSsGirL 19
Sacsri 17
HiyA 10
Dota 2
XaKoH 668
XcaliburYe340
Counter-Strike
byalli888
Other Games
singsing1402
olofmeister1164
ceh9681
crisheroes223
Livibee175
Mew2King64
ArmadaUGS48
ZerO(Twitch)13
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH341
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2280
• WagamamaTV27
League of Legends
• Jankos1948
• Stunt375
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
18m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
1h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.