• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:25
CEST 10:25
KST 17:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8608 users

Base Camera Inject. Queen melt down, SOLVED - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 05:20:29
April 05 2011 04:42 GMT
#241
modifications incoming! video will be up soon again!
TylerDurden275
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada86 Posts
April 05 2011 04:54 GMT
#242
ok soo i jsut spent about half an hour trying to figure out why this worked for everyone and not me should of read the last posts lol
Hoku
Profile Joined September 2010
United States129 Posts
April 05 2011 05:01 GMT
#243
This thread just won me 2 ladder games in a row (I feel).

Thank you!
I put my pants on two legs at a time.
Sinnick
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada2 Posts
April 05 2011 07:36 GMT
#244
anyone know of any more convenient methods? the alternate method sounds a little tedious so far as i can tell, no?
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 08:28:13
April 05 2011 08:22 GMT
#245
On April 05 2011 12:40 ChefStarCraft wrote:

In my play I really can't see this being any different.
This is just achieving the same method as base camera with just pressing more buttons and taking the time to assign hotkeys.

The main problem with the back space method is when something has killed your queen.
This camera location idea will put you in the same spot with queens running around.

It does solve the queens running around if a new hatch just has popped and you haven't made a queen yet, but thats not a big enough reason for me to start using it this way. Imo the time to make the hotkeys and manage them inst worth the effort compared to the backspace method.

When injecting with the base camera the newest hatch created will be the last hatchery to be centered on. Thats all i need to know.



Alas it just is not consistent enough for me, and I always have the meltdown problem when I have 1 queenless hatch. You should consider also that if you stay on top of your injections you should not need more than 3-4 queens lategame, whereas it's common to have 6+ hatcheries past a certain point (because you should not have more than 3-4 mining bases, having 6 queens is a waste).

I think the effort and exta clicks that my method requires are comparable to checking whether the hatch you are clicking has a queen. Also it's easy to associate mentally each hatchery with a number, so if one queen gets killed you can easily skip that number for a couple cycles until your new queen spawns, and you can use the camera hotkeys for other means as well (e.g. I keep my tech in my main, so I can tap alt+1 to check progress on my evolution chambers etc). It's basically like using an individual hotkey for each queen without the discomfort of using the 7-9 hotkeys.

Glad to see other people have found it helpful and looking forward to the video!
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-06 20:42:46
April 05 2011 08:35 GMT
#246
I first show 5 bases that have not been injected. Then I move to my first base and select my queens and start injecting. When I am done I cycle through the 5 bases to show that they have been injected. It might seem like I am skipping a base because you cannot clearly see me moving through each one, but this is not due to the low quality of the video. Okay, maybe a little. But I assure you that it is that fast and I actually don't even have to look at my screen after I make that first inject.
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
April 05 2011 08:42 GMT
#247
golgotha, mind if I ask you what you use for camera hotkeys? have you found a way to comfortably use more than 4-5 cameras?
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
April 05 2011 08:44 GMT
#248
Yeah I have ^^ here I will screen shot my hotkey setup! brb
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 09:03:33
April 05 2011 09:01 GMT
#249
On April 05 2011 17:22 dementrio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2011 12:40 ChefStarCraft wrote:

In my play I really can't see this being any different.
This is just achieving the same method as base camera with just pressing more buttons and taking the time to assign hotkeys.

The main problem with the back space method is when something has killed your queen.
This camera location idea will put you in the same spot with queens running around.

It does solve the queens running around if a new hatch just has popped and you haven't made a queen yet, but thats not a big enough reason for me to start using it this way. Imo the time to make the hotkeys and manage them inst worth the effort compared to the backspace method.

When injecting with the base camera the newest hatch created will be the last hatchery to be centered on. Thats all i need to know.



Alas it just is not consistent enough for me, and I always have the meltdown problem when I have 1 queenless hatch. You should consider also that if you stay on top of your injections you should not need more than 3-4 queens lategame, whereas it's common to have 6+ hatcheries past a certain point (because you should not have more than 3-4 mining bases, having 6 queens is a waste).

I think the effort and exta clicks that my method requires are comparable to checking whether the hatch you are clicking has a queen. Also it's easy to associate mentally each hatchery with a number, so if one queen gets killed you can easily skip that number for a couple cycles until your new queen spawns, and you can use the camera hotkeys for other means as well (e.g. I keep my tech in my main, so I can tap alt+1 to check progress on my evolution chambers etc). It's basically like using an individual hotkey for each queen without the discomfort of using the 7-9 hotkeys.

Glad to see other people have found it helpful and looking forward to the video!



Its a nice idea don't get me wrong. I just don't like it because it takes allot more time to set up then it would of if i pressed s after a cycle.

I will be giving this allot more time and thought though.
A big thing that I think will help is instead of using SHIFT+ALT+1-5 to Jump To Location,
SHIFT+Q-Y assigned to this will perform the same thing. Without pressing ALT and disturbing the shift commands with control groups.

A small idea is to change your control group hotkey for queens to Q then have Inject larva changed to W and the Jump to location keys changed to E-Y
Doing this with Q as inject and a number as the queen control group is a thought too.
(I will be doing this but with W still as base camera to make the locations faster.))
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 09:16:13
April 05 2011 09:08 GMT
#250
jump to location is alt+1-5. Shift is held to press V only once. For a while I tried using QWERTY/ASDF for the camera hotkeys, but I found that it's mnemonically easier to use the numbers.
The setup time is just setting the camera location once for each hatchery, it's maybe 10 seconds total in the course of a game. Try it and I think you'll find checking for the queen is more maintenance


[image loading] V for Inject
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 09:17:52
April 05 2011 09:13 GMT
#251
On April 05 2011 18:08 dementrio wrote:
jump to location is alt+1-5. Shift is hold to press V only once. For a while I tried using QWERTY/ASDF for the camera hotkeys, but I found that it's easier mnemonically to use the numbers.
The setup time is just setting the camera location once for each hatchery, it's maybe 10 seconds total in the course of a game. Try it and I think you'll find checking for the queen is more maintenance


[image loading] V for Inject


I hear you bro but you don't understand what I'm saying.

Your pressing Alt for no reason. The Shift command with the injections is already being pressed.

Why would you assign the jump to locations keys as ALT, when your already going to be pressing SHIFT ?

Its achieving the same thing without pressing a extra button.

The Alt Is only used so you don't disturb the control groups behavior. (This can be changed).
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
April 05 2011 09:18 GMT
#252
i think i'm getting too old -,.-

55v66v is good enough for me. i just make extra hatch to compensate for lack of perfect injects.

i dont think this is game deciding factor but i guess its about saving all the weight possible for 1/10 of a second off the lap time.

i hope more different tricks will come up in the future
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 09:38:24
April 05 2011 09:19 GMT
#253
double post my apologies
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 09:23:51
April 05 2011 09:23 GMT
#254
On April 05 2011 18:18 jinorazi wrote:
i think i'm getting too old -,.-

55v66v is good enough for me. i just make extra hatch to compensate for lack of perfect injects.

i dont think this is game deciding factor but i guess its about saving all the weight possible for 1/10 of a second off the lap time.

i hope more different tricks will come up in the future


aww please do not say you are old. It is very simple in actuality. It is just difficult for people to understand the power of this idea because it is very different and new.

To be honest I kinda hate this method because it makes the game so damn easy. I would always be using 66, 55, 44 to inject but now I have too much free time to dance my zerglings.

Did the video not clearly show the speed? Hmmm I need a better computer...
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
April 05 2011 09:30 GMT
#255
golgotha, we are using very similar methods except I didnt want to mess with the add to control group hotkeys because I use them a lot. Also to chefstarcraft, my concern with using shift+x is that I'm afraid it may mess up things, e.g. if I use shift+QWERTY for my locations, will my queens queue up a burrow when i hit shift+R? or will I unable to queue up burrow with other units? although there may be enough keys not assigned to unit abilities on the left side of the keyboard, will check that out.
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 09:35:34
April 05 2011 09:33 GMT
#256
hey does it not seem fast in the video? hmmm well i thought it was good. u gave me the idea to use all queens on one hotkey. initially i was doing standard injections with multiple camera locations. you sped me up quite a bit. a second perhaps (which is a lot).
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
April 05 2011 09:43 GMT
#257
On April 05 2011 18:30 dementrio wrote:
golgotha, we are using very similar methods except I didnt want to mess with the add to control group hotkeys because I use them a lot. Also to chefstarcraft, my concern with using shift+x is that I'm afraid it may mess up things, e.g. if I use shift+QWERTY for my locations, will my queens queue up a burrow when i hit shift+R? or will I unable to queue up burrow with other units? although there may be enough keys not assigned to unit abilities on the left side of the keyboard, will check that out.


You can change the burrow hotkeys, Anything assigned to keys that are jump to camera location keys may inter-fear with shift commands.
When using Shit+qwerty or any letter, you would be changing everything that inter-fears.

I also have conflict because I like the shift+1-0 as add to control group.
This was my solution.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
April 05 2011 09:44 GMT
#258
it is fast, as I said its almost as fast as the backspace method and when you don't have to check and see if there is a queen it's faster imo. From the video it seemed you had found a revolutionary way to use 6+ camera hotkeys, but it turns out we are using very similar setups and you gain an edge with some clever tricks ^^. Thanks for the tips and happy injecting!
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
April 05 2011 10:41 GMT
#259
On April 05 2011 18:44 dementrio wrote:
it is fast, as I said its almost as fast as the backspace method and when you don't have to check and see if there is a queen it's faster imo. From the video it seemed you had found a revolutionary way to use 6+ camera hotkeys, but it turns out we are using very similar setups and you gain an edge with some clever tricks ^^. Thanks for the tips and happy injecting!


you too! good luck!
HTODethklok
Profile Joined November 2010
United States221 Posts
April 05 2011 18:01 GMT
#260
I like the camera hotkeys! I just set mine up in unit tester to get the feel for it. What I came up with was setting my create location to crtl + F1-F8 and the recall location simply f1-f8 then I reset select idle worker to f9 and changed inject larva from V to ` I set all of my hatchs to 4 and all of my queens to 5 so now I just press 5 (to select all queens) then f1 ` click hatch f2 ` click hatch ect. I like it a lot more than individually binding queens to 6 7 8 and double tapping 6 7 8 to move around the map and inject. Also being able to hotkey the enemy base with the camera hotkeys is nice that or the xelnaga towers makes scouting and moving so much faster :D
Guns for show... Knives for a pro HTODethklok.201 NA
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 546
Larva 74
Hyun 49
NotJumperer 43
Killer 41
scan(afreeca) 32
Bale 31
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Hm[arnc] 11
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto119
League of Legends
JimRising 467
Counter-Strike
edward216
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King103
Other Games
summit1g8173
olofmeister1263
Coldzera 708
ceh9572
Happy291
Sick152
crisheroes71
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick589
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2291
League of Legends
• Jankos964
• Stunt350
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 36m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 36m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 36m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.