• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:27
CEST 23:27
KST 06:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9732 users

Base Camera Inject. Queen melt down, SOLVED

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 01:52:02
March 07 2011 03:28 GMT
#1
***************** This was patched on Patch 1.3.1, sorry for the disappointment. *****************


If you are familiar with the backspace inject method, you are familiar then with having the off chance that your queens will run around the map do to accidentally clicking a hatchery without a queen beside it. Having included a new button in the cycles I have came across fixing this issue.

If you are not familiar with the Backspace inject method please check it out here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=125725,

How it happened:
While messing around with hotkeys, I have discovered that the Follow Current Selection overrides the base camera.

What is its purpose? :
With the follow current selection hotkey activated it will allow you to cycle with the base camera zoning on your queens. This means that when cycling it wont bring the camera to your hatchery, it will bring it to the closest queen in the control group preventing accidental clicks.

How to change hotkeys:
You can change Follow current selection and other hotkeys by going to option> hotkeys> global>camera, It will be the second down from the base camera

Notes:
Its important to keep in mind this works by activating follow current selection before cycling.
Shift must be held until the end of cycle. (unless you prefer to keep hitting the inject button (slower))

Set up:
I have included follow current selection in my cycles as shift+e, and q as an alternate.
I use w as base cameras and e as inject, with all queens on 4.

Execution:
I will tap 4, then e, then shift+e (hold shift until end of cycle), I will then cycle with w and inject hatcheries by clicking them.

Conclusion:
This works because following the current selection will activate your control group as a priority rather then zoning in on a hatchery when you cycle.
This can be done effectively fast, you just need to have the right tempo.

Try it !, You have my word, practice makes perfect.

I apologize for the quickness in my post pre-edit, i was in a hurry, and also excited.

To re cap:

1) Go to the Hotkeys tab, and set "Follow Current Selection" to something.
2) Select queen hotkey group
3) Press Inject hotkey
4) Press Shift+ inject hotkey
5) Use the base camera to cycle the hatcheries and click to inject.(keep holding shift)
6) If you pan away it will automatically dis-activate follow current selection.

If you find it dosent and want to do it for yourself, you can set a alternate hot key to a spot you prefer. I prefer Q


MrBitter has kindly made a video explaining this method, Major props to him for bringing this to the limelight, and taking the time to make this video.




If you liked this post and are interested in the unexplored hotkey combinations and different toggles check out some more of my ideas to make our mechanics better:

Creep Spread Idea:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=198024

EDIT:

On March 08 2011 10:01 ChefStarCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 02:16 dvide wrote:
On March 07 2011 12:28 ChefStarCraft wrote:
It works by pressing shift+inject button (don't hold shift), inject button, then hold shift, cycle using base camera and inject like normal.

This will activate it and make it so you don't even have to practice a new button in your cycles.

I believe you'd be better off pressing the inject button first, hold shift, inject button again, then cycle through bases. This way you don't have to let go of shift and repress it. Minor perhaps but it's the same result and mechanically easier to perform.


Nice idea !, I will try it thank you

If it works I will edit,


It works by pressing inject button, shift+inject button, then hold shift, cycle using base camera and inject like normal. Differing form the backspace method by taping inject twice, once on its own, then tap shit+inject to toggle follow current selection, your activating it with buttons you we're going to press anyway with the backspace method.

This set up will make it so you don't even have to practice a new button in your backspace cycles.
Just a extra tap. Since this is so easy, I don't see why someone wouldn't do this, especially if they are already backspace injecting.

This is a very friendly and forgiving way to add this key, I actually don't know why you wouldn't do this. It makes it so its very easy to get used too, you will learn even faster if your used to backspace injecting already.

Closing:
The original creator of the backspace method is roark, you can find his thread at the top of the page. I only fixed it. In fact I love this guy for creating it, its helped my play so much, and inspired me to have my own style centered around the base camera and hotkeys.

The way i like to play is setting all my queens on one hotkey(4), and move around my bases with my backspace key (w). I move around with w even when I'm not injecting, to make drones, geysers, send drones to geysers, making a queen, shift+adding a queen to a control group. shift+adding a hatchery to a control group. even when i don't inject this is my main source of mobility.

If any hatchery at any point needs my attention i will mini map click it, and the shift+back mouse button the camera location, saving it for a brief moment, i will then reset it to creep spreading once the harass/attack/ scout ect. is dealt with.

It is ideal to do this whole method once you have 3-4 hatcheries at that point you will profit by doing them faster, shaving off seconds of your play at a time. Seconds can quickly add up to a minute, two minutes, ect.

With that small perk in mind, its always best to play with what your personal preference is, but that dosent make any other method wrong, or right.

I enjoy friendly people, and still want more practice partners, my friends list is full but if I like you theres always space, Chef on N/A Code:420



***************** This was patched on Patch 1.3.1, sorry for the disappointment. *****************
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
March 07 2011 03:30 GMT
#2
i was under the impression that if you had a control group with 3 queens or wahtever and you spawned larva on a hatch the closest one was picked to do it anyway? unless i'm misreading what it is you are trying to explain
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 03:38:26
March 07 2011 03:34 GMT
#3
On March 07 2011 12:30 RyanRushia wrote:
i was under the impression that if you had a control group with 3 queens or wahtever and you spawned larva on a hatch the closest one was picked to do it anyway? unless i'm misreading what it is you are trying to explain



Let me try and explain better,

It makes it so you don't zone on top of the hatcheries when using the base camera, it makes it so you zone in on top of the queens with your base camera, in your control group, preventing miss clicking a hatchery without a queen beside it.


Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
err
Profile Joined July 2010
54 Posts
March 07 2011 03:40 GMT
#4
Hot damn! Pack it up boys! Zerg can finally compete!
OwlFeet
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
75 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 03:41:53
March 07 2011 03:40 GMT
#5
sounds good, a little hard to follow since the OP is written like a spam email.
On March 07 2011 12:28 ChefStarCraft wrote:
HUGE NEWS !

...

This is 100% accurate and fast.

...
All you need to do is include

...

Try it !, You have my word.

doomed
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia420 Posts
March 07 2011 03:41 GMT
#6
I like it.. the queen wandering was the reason I did not use that technique before... but have my queens on 4-5-6-etc but i might try this again...
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 03:44:06
March 07 2011 03:43 GMT
#7
On March 07 2011 12:40 OwlFeet wrote:
sounds good, a little hard to follow since the OP is written like a spam email.
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 12:28 ChefStarCraft wrote:
HUGE NEWS !

...

This is 100% accurate and fast.

...
All you need to do is include

...

Try it !, You have my word.




I dint have trouble understanding this when writing it.

If your complaining about my delivery, please keep it to yourself

I will make a effort to clean it up
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
Musketeer
Profile Joined August 2010
142 Posts
March 07 2011 03:49 GMT
#8
I don't see how this is easier than just looking at your screen and not injecting bases with no queens. The order which the hatches cycle through is the same every time, so there's nothing to worry about, is there?
WhyNoManner
Profile Joined March 2011
13 Posts
March 07 2011 03:49 GMT
#9
How do i "turn on follow unit selection"

its really hard to follow your post but judging by the OMG BIGS NEWS... id like to try it

do you mean that control shift F thing where the camera follows? I presume thats what u mean.

tickle me fancy
Humbled by Dirt
theBlues
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
El Salvador638 Posts
March 07 2011 04:04 GMT
#10
The command is actually called, follow selection or something of the sort, it is in the camera hotkeys and basically what it does is it scrolls automatically on the unit you selected, not sure how this improves the injects but Im going to try it...
Change a vote, and change the world
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 04:09:50
March 07 2011 04:09 GMT
#11
On March 07 2011 13:04 TheBlueMeaner wrote:
The command is actually called, follow selection or something of the sort, it is in the camera hotkeys and basically what it does is it scrolls automatically on the unit you selected, not sure how this improves the injects but Im going to try it...



It prevents queen melt downs by following the queens when hitting the base camera, rather then following the hatcheries with the base camera.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
hazz.
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom83 Posts
March 07 2011 04:10 GMT
#12
What is a queen meltdown...
Jaedong | FlaSh | Bisu | IdrA | Tyler | Ret | mOOnGLaDe | Jinro | White-Ra | DeMusliM
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
March 07 2011 04:11 GMT
#13
Is larva injecting this difficult that people are modifying hotkeys and coming up with complex systems to do it?
Moderator
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
March 07 2011 04:12 GMT
#14
On March 07 2011 13:10 hazz. wrote:
What is a queen meltdown...


I you are familiar with the backspace inject method then you are familiar with having the off chance that your queens will run around the map, because you accidentally click a hatchery without a queen beside it.

Please read the whole post, It has been cleaned up.

I am sorry again for sloppiness
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
telfire
Profile Joined May 2010
United States415 Posts
March 07 2011 04:12 GMT
#15
I still really don't understand what you're trying to say. How is this going to stop you from misclicking and failing to realize it?
WhyNoManner
Profile Joined March 2011
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 04:19:43
March 07 2011 04:14 GMT
#16
On March 07 2011 13:11 Chill wrote:
Is larva injecting this difficult that people are modifying hotkeys and coming up with complex systems to do it?



Yeah, being efficient and slightly modifying something to be even more efficient with 1 key press is worth inferring reduced mental capacities. Or are you suggesting that Injectings is a very easy mechanics that everyone does perfectly already and theres no point looking into mechanics with more detail?

Stick to casting

User was warned for this post
Humbled by Dirt
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
March 07 2011 04:17 GMT
#17
Are you trying to say not to use backspace, but the follow unit camera button instead?
starleague forever
grumpyone
Profile Joined January 2011
48 Posts
March 07 2011 04:17 GMT
#18
Thanks. I had gone away from the queen hotkey/cycle approach because of the runaway queen issue. I'll try this out in some games and see how it feels.
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
March 07 2011 04:17 GMT
#19
On March 07 2011 13:11 Chill wrote:
Is larva injecting this difficult that people are modifying hotkeys and coming up with complex systems to do it?



If you are not familiar with the Backspace inject method please check it out here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=125725,
and refrain from commenting until so.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
March 07 2011 04:19 GMT
#20
On March 07 2011 13:17 a176 wrote:
Are you trying to say not to use backspace, but the follow unit camera button instead?


No you still use the base camera, its just used to center on top of the queens rather then the hatcheries, because the follow current selection enables that.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 60
JuggernautJason53
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 619
firebathero 79
Zeus 64
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever401
League of Legends
JimRising 119
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS97
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5171
Liquid`Hasu1991
Other Games
summit1g6259
shahzam471
byalli390
C9.Mang0172
KnowMe114
UpATreeSC72
Trikslyr35
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 88
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 54
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 33m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 33m
Stellar Fest
15h 33m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.