• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:43
CEST 07:43
KST 14:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7655 users

Base Camera Inject. Queen melt down, SOLVED - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 15 Next All
Jayrod
Profile Joined August 2010
1820 Posts
March 12 2011 17:36 GMT
#201
On March 08 2011 17:38 Redunzl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 13:11 Chill wrote:
Is larva injecting this difficult that people are modifying hotkeys and coming up with complex systems to do it?

quoted for wisdom. that being said, I remapped base camera to [~]. best remap around

Hey I highly recommend trying the base camera on a thumb mouse button. I've found its nearly impossible to fuck it up using the thumb mouse button because you're alternating between left click, V, and thumb button. You can literally just center your mouse with your queens selected and spam the shit out of those buttons and every hatch will spit on before you know it. I just find its easier to do it consistently because your right hand is not used to alternating those motions so its damn near impossible to accidentally hit a button twice in a row and screw it up.
Adeeler
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom764 Posts
March 12 2011 17:44 GMT
#202
Problem I find with this method is if queens aren't all in the same location in relation to there hatchery. Otherwise its fine to use but normal main building camera switch is quite reliable if queens defended and stuff.
flexy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States182 Posts
March 13 2011 06:35 GMT
#203
Is it just me or is it just faster to select the queen that runs away and push stop/move him? or im doing it wrong?
o_o
CookieMaker
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada880 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 07:10:42
March 13 2011 06:55 GMT
#204
He's a revolutionary.... well done you're an icon to zergs everywhere. This injection method needs to get liquipedia'd fast under the name "The Roark/ChefStarCraft Method".

Edit; been trying this out, but i find that clicking the base cam button too fast causes the same problem as always, the field trip queen
Micro your Macro
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
March 13 2011 07:01 GMT
#205
I'm sorry I don't know if this has been posted already, but I'm getting inconsistent behavior with this when 2 or more queens are close together. For example, if you have a macro hatch with a dedicated queen very close to a "main" hatch, this will not inject one of them. Another problem I'm not sure I can reproduce reliably is, sometimes when I have more than one queen at one base, and one at each other, one of the bases will not get injected. (e.g. 1 queen at main, 2 at nat and 1 at 3rd, the base camera will not cycle through the main when the follow current selection is active).

Making sure that all your queens have about half a screen of space between them seems to solve these issues for me. You might want to add this to the OP.
flexy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States182 Posts
March 14 2011 06:56 GMT
#206
On March 13 2011 15:55 CookieMaker wrote:
He's a revolutionary.... well done you're an icon to zergs everywhere. This injection method needs to get liquipedia'd fast under the name "The Roark/ChefStarCraft Method".

Edit; been trying this out, but i find that clicking the base cam button too fast causes the same problem as always, the field trip queen


same with me..
o_o
TehForce
Profile Joined July 2010
1072 Posts
March 14 2011 08:27 GMT
#207
Another problem i have found. With this method, sometimes when you have 2queens very close together (because of macro hatch) the camera gets stuck at them so you can't inject any other hatches anymore.

Nice idea but there are too many problems to use this method reliably.
NesTea <3
Nem2k
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada17 Posts
March 14 2011 19:03 GMT
#208
On March 14 2011 17:27 TehForce wrote:
Another problem i have found. With this method, sometimes when you have 2queens very close together (because of macro hatch) the camera gets stuck at them so you can't inject any other hatches anymore.

Nice idea but there are too many problems to use this method reliably.


this is also what i noticed when using this method, is there a way around this problem?
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
March 15 2011 05:53 GMT
#209
This is an excellent idea and kudos to Chef and MrBitter, but watching the video, I started to get a headache from the bobbing around. As stated earlier, if the queens are positioned differently relative to the hatch, you have to move the mouse around to click on the hatch.

I like the original functionality of cycling through the actual bases, but adding an 'H' after the inject cycle. This not only stops a wandering queen in her tracks within a second or so, but it prevents queens from wandering off chasing harassing enemy units. If they are placed on hold position after each inject cycle, they will stay put. It's one keypress per cycle to prevent the "Meltdown", while still allowing the quicker original "Backspace" method, since the mouse doesn't have to be moved.
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-17 01:28:46
March 16 2011 23:53 GMT
#210
Ok so, I've been using my idea for a very long time. I have decided its best to activate the toggle only when its hectic. If your being harassed, if its late game, if queens we're picked off and If you just finished taking the whole map and can't have queens there in time.

The point I'm trying to make with this post is that this toggle is very useful for those situations where you can't just backspace inject for various reasons. This will allow you to perform a safer injection cycle

When I have a queen beside every hatch I will back space inject like normal.
Its your choice to add this to your cycles as a kind of safety button, I have and its been working out great. Its saved my but more then once thats for sure.

You can't be left click happy. You can still spam, but you need to let it at least zone in on a queen before you click.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
March 17 2011 00:44 GMT
#211
Thank you :}

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
March 17 2011 00:53 GMT
#212
On March 14 2011 17:27 TehForce wrote:
Another problem i have found. With this method, sometimes when you have 2queens very close together (because of macro hatch) the camera gets stuck at them so you can't inject any other hatches anymore.

Nice idea but there are too many problems to use this method reliably.


Earlier in the thread I had posted that this is solved by simply shift+deselecting one of those queens.
This problem occurs because when having a toggle like follow current selection activated, the units in a single control group that are closer together will have a high priority to be followed. By shift clicking one of those queens you can then inject like normal.

Just involves more thought in building placements in situations like laying 2 hatcheries really close together and not positioning queens right. To avoid this build that hatch a little spaced out, as long as the queens aren't close together this isn't a problem.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
March 20 2011 03:38 GMT
#213
Anyone else has a problem when you press "w" and the camera goes back to the same queen, or one that has already used inject?

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-20 06:08:06
March 20 2011 06:01 GMT
#214
On March 20 2011 12:38 Tschis wrote:
Anyone else has a problem when you press "w" and the camera goes back to the same queen, or one that has already used inject?

//tx


You either:
1. Hit w to many times and skipped the hatchery.
2. The queen wasn't close enough to the hatchery or you din't have a queen assigned to the hatchery that was skipped.

If its the second reasons, this is the whole purpose of the toggle. Which is to keep queens from running to hatcheries without a queen beside it when injecting.

Heres a point I made and will put into the op:

I will double tap e and hold shit to use follow current selection. I only use it when its later in the games, if harass had taken a queen or if a new hatch was just put up and theres no queen. Mainly whenever its hectic and I need more focus on other matters.

I will inject normally by pressing e once and hold shift when its not hectic and I know i have a queen beside each hatchery. I view this as my safety button, it has saved my butt many times.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-20 15:59:04
March 20 2011 15:58 GMT
#215
On March 20 2011 15:01 ChefStarCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2011 12:38 Tschis wrote:
Anyone else has a problem when you press "w" and the camera goes back to the same queen, or one that has already used inject?

//tx


You either:
1. Hit w to many times and skipped the hatchery.
2. The queen wasn't close enough to the hatchery or you din't have a queen assigned to the hatchery that was skipped.

If its the second reasons, this is the whole purpose of the toggle. Which is to keep queens from running to hatcheries without a queen beside it when injecting.

Heres a point I made and will put into the op:

I will double tap e and hold shit to use follow current selection. I only use it when its later in the games, if harass had taken a queen or if a new hatch was just put up and theres no queen. Mainly whenever its hectic and I need more focus on other matters.

I will inject normally by pressing e once and hold shift when its not hectic and I know i have a queen beside each hatchery. I view this as my safety button, it has saved my butt many times.



Nope. Whenever I have more hatcheries than Queens, this happens. It's like it tries to go to the Hatchery with no Queen, and then it bounces back to the closes Queen, and that might have been a Queen that already injected larva.

This is bound to happen eventually if someone kills one of my Queens. So this might be some trouble this method has.


//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
Overpowered
Profile Joined January 2011
Czech Republic764 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-20 16:04:23
March 20 2011 16:04 GMT
#216
I use Base camera since I could (patch with hotkeys) and it is awesome. I am not Zerg primarily, but I think it would be useful for everybody. This usage of it seems the best although.

EDIT: Q is the best key
Just another gold Protoss...
MeyerA
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Sweden125 Posts
March 20 2011 16:06 GMT
#217
Why doesn't anyone else use the F keys for injecting? especially now that u can use F1-F8 o.o
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
March 20 2011 20:33 GMT
#218
On March 21 2011 00:58 Tschis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2011 15:01 ChefStarCraft wrote:
On March 20 2011 12:38 Tschis wrote:
Anyone else has a problem when you press "w" and the camera goes back to the same queen, or one that has already used inject?

//tx


You either:
1. Hit w to many times and skipped the hatchery.
2. The queen wasn't close enough to the hatchery or you din't have a queen assigned to the hatchery that was skipped.

If its the second reasons, this is the whole purpose of the toggle. Which is to keep queens from running to hatcheries without a queen beside it when injecting.

Heres a point I made and will put into the op:

I will double tap e and hold shit to use follow current selection. I only use it when its later in the games, if harass had taken a queen or if a new hatch was just put up and theres no queen. Mainly whenever its hectic and I need more focus on other matters.

I will inject normally by pressing e once and hold shift when its not hectic and I know i have a queen beside each hatchery. I view this as my safety button, it has saved my butt many times.



Nope. Whenever I have more hatcheries than Queens, this happens. It's like it tries to go to the Hatchery with no Queen, and then it bounces back to the closes Queen, and that might have been a Queen that already injected larva.

This is bound to happen eventually if someone kills one of my Queens. So this might be some trouble this method has.


//tx



That is precisely what I was trying to explain. If you don't have a queen beside a hatch it will skip it. It pulls the base camera to the queens in your selection, acting as a super base camera.

You can still complete a full cycle of injects, you will just skip the hatchery that has no queen beside it. Which is the whole point, so I can't really see this as a problem.

If it has jumped back to a queen that has already injected then you have completed the whole cycle. If you haven't completely fished doing the cycle and the camera keeps getting stuck on a queen there is probably another queen close by that is also in that control group. If 2 queens are in the same screen and really close to each other (close to side by side) then the base camera will have a higher priority to follow those queens, locking the camera.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
mockturtle
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States220 Posts
March 20 2011 22:21 GMT
#219
On March 21 2011 01:06 MeyerA wrote:
Why doesn't anyone else use the F keys for injecting? especially now that u can use F1-F8 o.o


I do. Is this not common?
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
March 21 2011 02:33 GMT
#220
On March 21 2011 05:33 ChefStarCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 00:58 Tschis wrote:
On March 20 2011 15:01 ChefStarCraft wrote:
On March 20 2011 12:38 Tschis wrote:
Anyone else has a problem when you press "w" and the camera goes back to the same queen, or one that has already used inject?

//tx


You either:
1. Hit w to many times and skipped the hatchery.
2. The queen wasn't close enough to the hatchery or you din't have a queen assigned to the hatchery that was skipped.

If its the second reasons, this is the whole purpose of the toggle. Which is to keep queens from running to hatcheries without a queen beside it when injecting.

Heres a point I made and will put into the op:

I will double tap e and hold shit to use follow current selection. I only use it when its later in the games, if harass had taken a queen or if a new hatch was just put up and theres no queen. Mainly whenever its hectic and I need more focus on other matters.

I will inject normally by pressing e once and hold shift when its not hectic and I know i have a queen beside each hatchery. I view this as my safety button, it has saved my butt many times.



Nope. Whenever I have more hatcheries than Queens, this happens. It's like it tries to go to the Hatchery with no Queen, and then it bounces back to the closes Queen, and that might have been a Queen that already injected larva.

This is bound to happen eventually if someone kills one of my Queens. So this might be some trouble this method has.


//tx



That is precisely what I was trying to explain. If you don't have a queen beside a hatch it will skip it. It pulls the base camera to the queens in your selection, acting as a super base camera.

You can still complete a full cycle of injects, you will just skip the hatchery that has no queen beside it. Which is the whole point, so I can't really see this as a problem.

If it has jumped back to a queen that has already injected then you have completed the whole cycle. If you haven't completely fished doing the cycle and the camera keeps getting stuck on a queen there is probably another queen close by that is also in that control group. If 2 queens are in the same screen and really close to each other (close to side by side) then the base camera will have a higher priority to follow those queens, locking the camera.



If I inject on the first hatch, and the second doesn't have a Queen, and the third has, sometimes it pops back to the first Queen instead of going to the Third base, so I haven't finished the whole cycle, but it brought me back to an injected base. It's better than having a queen walking around, but it's not good either.

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 198
ProTech133
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20764
Dewaltoss 119
Mong 104
Bale 40
ZergMaN 25
Noble 9
Icarus 8
League of Legends
JimRising 745
Other Games
summit1g11417
Sick186
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick913
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2166
League of Legends
• Lourlo1191
• Rush1049
• Stunt111
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 17m
Replay Cast
17h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.