• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:15
CEST 00:15
KST 07:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8204 users

[Q&A] Official NASL Thread - Page 95

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 100 Next
Before you post, read the title of this thread slowly and out loud.
NguN
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1322 Posts
April 13 2011 13:30 GMT
#1881
Great product so far. Just a few questions on the VODs

The VOD's are really bad on the buffering, probably because of how high quality it is. Are there going to be LQ and HQ vods available for viewing? There seems to be quite a few comments on the videos saying how the buffering is really bad for them.

Also, the VOD's are currently set up in each of the bo3 as a whole video, not individual games, like you see on the GSL or TSL is set up. Is this going to be implemented soon? It's just sometimes tedious going through the video finding when the games start and all, and it'd bring some organisation into the whole VOD section.

Hoping for your speedy reply!
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
April 13 2011 14:07 GMT
#1882
I was really hoping the VODs would be in a downloadable format for paid subscribers...
The media center I use for my TV unfortunately can't stream from Justin.tv, so I was planning on downloading the VODs later.
I know, I know, VOD is Video on Demand, but still.

Seems like if we could download them it'd solve a lot of problems people are having with buffering, and it'd allow us to do things like make collections and put them on iPods/iPads, etc.

IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
April 13 2011 15:00 GMT
#1883
On the subject of NASL VODs

I can only get them in 1080p? My bandwidth really doesn't deal with 1080p. So I paid my money to get a VOD service I can't actually use (since I can't tune in to any streams).

Can you set up the VODs to actually be playable in a lower resolution so I (and any like me) can actually recieve the service we paid for?

Also it would be nice if it was broken up into Matches or Sets or something, but the above part is the important part, because if I cannot access the VODs, I'll have to take a refund. And I'd rather support the NASL AND get to watch my favourites play than do that!
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
DMK 87
Profile Joined October 2010
20 Posts
April 13 2011 15:03 GMT
#1884
alright, please don't cut my head off....I know I must be missing something where it is explained...but I just can not find where I can watch the vods from yesterday...can someone give me a link please?
Gulzt
Profile Joined August 2009
Netherlands275 Posts
April 13 2011 15:06 GMT
#1885
On April 14 2011 00:03 DMK 87 wrote:
alright, please don't cut my head off....I know I must be missing something where it is explained...but I just can not find where I can watch the vods from yesterday...can someone give me a link please?

http://www.justin.tv/naslseasonone/b/283566158 (first match starts at part 3)
DMK 87
Profile Joined October 2010
20 Posts
April 13 2011 15:29 GMT
#1886
alright...I know there's already been tons of complains about it. I just want to ask if there is any official word about offering a lower quality stream? Cuz my tiny netbook cannot handle HD content....sucks....
fire_brand
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada1123 Posts
April 13 2011 15:47 GMT
#1887
On April 13 2011 12:59 masterchip27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2011 12:15 fire_brand wrote:
Will there be any additional casters for the NASL. I was willing to give Gretorp and Incontrol a chance, and listen to them for a week and make a judgement on them, hoping maybe they would provide stronger commentary than what I've been used to from them.

So far Incontrol has done what he always done, decent, if unspectacular commentary, wandering into the inconsequential and inane at times, but for the most part being okay. I mean it is expected of starcraft commentators to go off on nerdy tangents from time to time, so I was really bothered by it. I don't mind incontrol. He's not ideal, but he does a decent job..

What really bothers me is Gretorp's commentary. For the most part he has nothing of value to say, and just points out the obvious, or things that seconds later turn out to be wrong. I commend his enthusiasm, but for the most part find his outcries and voice when engaging in them to be grating and annoying. After watching Tuesday nights stream for a few hours I was forced to mute it out of frustration and for the sake of my headache.

I guess I would say I'm dissapointed at NASL for the quality of its commmentators. It is supposed to be this outrageously high production value event, but seems to have cheaped out on the casters using convenient people who already had a role in the organization. I think an event like TSL is something that they could learn from as I really think that they went all out on their casters. DjWheat, Husky, Day9 and Chill are all quality casters. Day is obviously a step above most casters, but I think even the other three are all comparable or better than Incontrol, and certainly much better than Gretorp. I think it would be great as the tournament progressed to add in some new talent, as I don't think I will watch much of it, at least with the sound on, if this remains unchanged. I think you'd find a lot of agreement in the community to my stance as well.


you're being really ridiculous. incontrol was #4 at mlg dallas, gretorp was #19, they are both good pros and they are doing a great job considering they don't have much experience commentating. they will get better... day9 doesn't have time to commentate 5 days a week for a few hours at a time he's completing a masters in mathematics... and i dont think he was as good his first time at the role... seriously i think their choices are great, both players and commentators..



I never said anything about their ability as players or knowledge of the game. The only thing I called into question was their ability to commentate, and mostly, sorry to single him out but, Gretorp's casting. He's been casting fairly regularly for the last few months with teamleagues and other small events and his casting still hasn't improved. I've stopped holding my breath.

If you read my post I didn't call into question their ability or enthusiasm, only their casting ability. And there are a lot of casters who are casters first and would fill this role much better than these two. Obviously I don't think they could get day9 to commentate everything, but I don't think Geoff or Andre should be tackling the commentating duties for the full schedule themselves as well, and I would look forward to some real casters taking over.
Random player, pixel enthusiast, crappy illustrator, offlane/support
Gulzt
Profile Joined August 2009
Netherlands275 Posts
April 13 2011 16:23 GMT
#1888
Justin.tv warned me the stream is back up again. However "live" is broadcasting yesterday's matches, what's up with that?
aoe2fan
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden700 Posts
April 13 2011 16:24 GMT
#1889
It is the EU stream
Gulzt
Profile Joined August 2009
Netherlands275 Posts
April 13 2011 16:32 GMT
#1890
On April 14 2011 01:24 aoe2fan wrote:
It is the EU stream

lol really? that's kind of useless then with the VODs already out.. I guess it's so that more people can see it for free then?
shabby
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway6402 Posts
April 13 2011 16:34 GMT
#1891
I can't even sign up, nasl page says every single username is taken, even "ødiofgøojnbaoeuaefbjdfj". Anyone have the same issue?
Jaedong, Gumibear, Leenock, Byun
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
April 13 2011 16:35 GMT
#1892
On April 14 2011 01:32 Gulzt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 01:24 aoe2fan wrote:
It is the EU stream

lol really? that's kind of useless then with the VODs already out.. I guess it's so that more people can see it for free then?


Yeah so us Europeans can see the free stream without staying up til stupid in the morning. And the free stream is always the best advertisement for paid content.

Though I'm in Europe and can't watch either of the streams due to real life, and need the VODs that take about 6 hours to load half an hour of.
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
Troopi25
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark66 Posts
April 13 2011 16:37 GMT
#1893
Turn off the chat on the restream for europe. Poeple spoilin the results there, pretty cool
Orsm
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany16 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-13 17:10:03
April 13 2011 17:08 GMT
#1894
Sadly the vods are unwatchable, even with 25mbit.

/e and pls remove crossfire from the map pool, its just silly
Gulzt
Profile Joined August 2009
Netherlands275 Posts
April 13 2011 22:19 GMT
#1895
On April 14 2011 01:35 IMABUNNEH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 01:32 Gulzt wrote:
On April 14 2011 01:24 aoe2fan wrote:
It is the EU stream

lol really? that's kind of useless then with the VODs already out.. I guess it's so that more people can see it for free then?


Yeah so us Europeans can see the free stream without staying up til stupid in the morning. And the free stream is always the best advertisement for paid content.

Though I'm in Europe and can't watch either of the streams due to real life, and need the VODs that take about 6 hours to load half an hour of.


I'm from Europe too, sorry if I put that in a bad context. I don't wish to see it live, because it takes too much time. I rather skip through and see the matches I want, so I'd wait for VODs anyway

Somehow my connection seems fast enough, I had no trouble at all, I can watch the VOD in 1080p without any lag.
jorge_the_awesome
Profile Joined January 2011
United States463 Posts
April 13 2011 23:13 GMT
#1896
Maybe this was asked before, but I couldn't find it. Each player presumably gets 2 points per win and 0 points per loss. But after the first round, 2 players have 1 point. How does one have a tie in sc2? What is this? The match isn't listed as a tie.
"Clothes are stupid"-Tastosis "Every dragoon that has ever been made is dumber than a bowl of hair" -Day[9] "Where are you going to take this skill now?" Stephano- "To the bank!" "Baby stuck under a car and you can't lift it up? What a wimp"-Artosis
Gulzt
Profile Joined August 2009
Netherlands275 Posts
April 13 2011 23:28 GMT
#1897
On April 14 2011 08:13 jorge_the_awesome wrote:
Maybe this was asked before, but I couldn't find it. Each player presumably gets 2 points per win and 0 points per loss. But after the first round, 2 players have 1 point. How does one have a tie in sc2? What is this? The match isn't listed as a tie.


Your points are your wins minus losses.
So if you win 2-0 you get 2 points
2-1 you get 1 point
1-2 you get -1 point
0-2 you get -2 points.

in your record (which is a different stat) it will show 1-0 if you won the best of three, 0-1 if you lost the best of three.
Snoman
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-13 23:31:26
April 13 2011 23:31 GMT
#1898
Drones, Probes & SCVs: A mini documentary on the work behind ESPORTS. http://youtu.be/vNlu-K0rAxs
jorge_the_awesome
Profile Joined January 2011
United States463 Posts
April 13 2011 23:36 GMT
#1899
On April 14 2011 08:28 Gulzt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 08:13 jorge_the_awesome wrote:
Maybe this was asked before, but I couldn't find it. Each player presumably gets 2 points per win and 0 points per loss. But after the first round, 2 players have 1 point. How does one have a tie in sc2? What is this? The match isn't listed as a tie.


Your points are your wins minus losses.
So if you win 2-0 you get 2 points
2-1 you get 1 point
1-2 you get -1 point
0-2 you get -2 points.

in your record (which is a different stat) it will show 1-0 if you won the best of three, 0-1 if you lost the best of three.


Oh, okay.
That makes a lot more sense.
So almost all the matches went 2-0? Wow.
"Clothes are stupid"-Tastosis "Every dragoon that has ever been made is dumber than a bowl of hair" -Day[9] "Where are you going to take this skill now?" Stephano- "To the bank!" "Baby stuck under a car and you can't lift it up? What a wimp"-Artosis
feanor1
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1899 Posts
April 13 2011 23:40 GMT
#1900
On April 14 2011 01:32 Gulzt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 01:24 aoe2fan wrote:
It is the EU stream

lol really? that's kind of useless then with the VODs already out.. I guess it's so that more people can see it for free then?

Its to give Europeans the same opportunity to view the free livestream, and a lot of people enjoy being able to watch a game with 10k viewers and post comments in LR threads and such restream gives you that.
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 100 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech142
SpeCial 101
Nathanias 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 377
MaD[AoV]26
910 23
Bale 11
League of Legends
JimRising 496
Counter-Strike
fl0m4440
Fnx 613
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox469
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4210
Other Games
summit1g6844
FrodaN650
C9.Mang0261
Trikslyr17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21424
Other Games
• imaqtpie798
• Shiphtur567
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 46m
Patches Events
17h 46m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.