• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:51
CEST 02:51
KST 09:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8990 users

[February] SC2 General Discussion - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next All
Robqxz
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany78 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 06:16:21
February 20 2011 06:15 GMT
#161
On February 20 2011 09:37 spidii wrote:
I am having such a hard time spending all my minerals as zerg. I like to drone very very heavily at the start of the game and go Muta/Ling off of 3 base. But I'm always out of gas yet have an insane flow of minerals coming in. I can't spend it all on Lings, my injects are pretty darn good so it's not that. I throw up Evos, extra hatches etc.. and still end up with 1k+ minerals and 0 gas. What can I do?



If you still have too many minerals after throwing down a macro hatch, just build another one. Or else, just try to expand anywhere on the map. If it works, you could get the extra gas, and if it fails, you wouldn't have needed the minerals anyway.

Edit: Spore-/Spinecrawlers if you can get any use of them are another possibility, however they cost 1 larva each so I'm not sure if that actually helps you that much.
You can't spell Voidray without 'idra'.
spidii
Profile Joined October 2010
United States372 Posts
February 20 2011 07:35 GMT
#162
On February 20 2011 15:15 Robqxz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 09:37 spidii wrote:
I am having such a hard time spending all my minerals as zerg. I like to drone very very heavily at the start of the game and go Muta/Ling off of 3 base. But I'm always out of gas yet have an insane flow of minerals coming in. I can't spend it all on Lings, my injects are pretty darn good so it's not that. I throw up Evos, extra hatches etc.. and still end up with 1k+ minerals and 0 gas. What can I do?



If you still have too many minerals after throwing down a macro hatch, just build another one. Or else, just try to expand anywhere on the map. If it works, you could get the extra gas, and if it fails, you wouldn't have needed the minerals anyway.

Edit: Spore-/Spinecrawlers if you can get any use of them are another possibility, however they cost 1 larva each so I'm not sure if that actually helps you that much.



Yeah I suppose I could try to expand more but I still feel like it's impossible to spend minerals, maybe I should just go roach hydra every match, most minerals I can spend I believe, but I like the map control I get with Mutas. Maybe I should be getting my gases faster....I will experiment but any other advice would be great!

Side Question: Is Muta/Ling viable until hive tech? More specifically, is getting a million lings with my excess minerals a poor investment or should I just pump out a billion?
Robqxz
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany78 Posts
February 20 2011 07:50 GMT
#163
That very much depends on what you are facing. If you are up against a 2basing Protoss on LT for example, and he gets a shitload of colossi up, zerglings don't really have any use, as long as he is playing defensively. You can't do run-bys, and in a direct confrontation the zerglings just melt to colossi. That would be a situation where you could decide to build something else than muta/ling, e.g. roaches - that would fit the situation better and you'll be able to spend most of your leftover minerals.

If you're up against someone who uses blink-stalker or some immortal build, there's nothing I can see that'd speak against massing zerglings anyway. At the least, it would make him waste forcefields.

Against Terran, I'm not so sure. If they have a lot of tanks and marines, zerglings just get teared apart so fast, I'm not sure if it's worth building them. On the other hand, if you would just bank your minerals instead, the zerglings would most probably have improved your current situation. Absorbing only a single tank-volley could seriously improve the outcome of the fight for you. If you're planning on remaxing instantly however, it is probably better to not build those additional zerglings.

It always depends on your overarching gameplan. If you realize you always have like 2k minerals in the bank, and you barely ever use them in those games later on, maybe just try to spam zerglings for a couple games. Should give you a feeling if it's worth it or not.
You can't spell Voidray without 'idra'.
spidii
Profile Joined October 2010
United States372 Posts
February 20 2011 08:10 GMT
#164
Yeah, maybe I'm overdroning, I'm not sure, but having too much economy shouldn't be a bad thing. Zerg is sooo gas heavy, it's insane, maybe I'll just mass queens, seems to work okay.
Robqxz
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany78 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 10:58:19
February 20 2011 10:53 GMT
#165
I think you can only be overdroning when either
a) you get steamrolled because you didn't have enough units already
or b) you are maxed but your army seems somewhat small.

It's not bad to have more workers, you just need to have ways to spend the stuff you're harvesting.


Next question:

Is there a way to report certain posts that are either completely retarded or straight against the rules? I miss some kind of "report" button next to a thread/post or something like that. Or is there some other way that I didn't manage to find yet?


Edit: Maybe somewhat misplaced here, sorry for that. I mixed this thread up with the one where you can ask random questions.
You can't spell Voidray without 'idra'.
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
February 20 2011 11:40 GMT
#166
On February 20 2011 19:53 Robqxz wrote:
I think you can only be overdroning when either
a) you get steamrolled because you didn't have enough units already
or b) you are maxed but your army seems somewhat small.

It's not bad to have more workers, you just need to have ways to spend the stuff you're harvesting.


Next question:

Is there a way to report certain posts that are either completely retarded or straight against the rules? I miss some kind of "report" button next to a thread/post or something like that. Or is there some other way that I didn't manage to find yet?


Edit: Maybe somewhat misplaced here, sorry for that. I mixed this thread up with the one where you can ask random questions.

Lol .. you get the report function after 1 year of membership.. until then if you come across something ghastly - PM a mod/admin/banling
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
me_viet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1350 Posts
February 20 2011 11:49 GMT
#167
On February 07 2011 05:55 MagusX wrote:
The game Warhammer 40,000 has a vehicle mounted weapon called the 'Hunter Seeker Missile.' And Given the similarities from WH40k to SC2 I think that either would call copyright on anything like that.




no lol. I doubt it.

It's cause Hunter Seeker MIssle during the beta got nerfed.

Basically back then it would be a t3 tech at fusion core and had more damage and bigger aoe.

Was way OP as everyone just teched to that as safe as possible and spammed them.

The nerf changed it completely.
samhuan
Profile Joined August 2010
15 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 19:08:28
February 20 2011 18:50 GMT
#168
nevermind
Blloodforce
Profile Joined February 2011
1 Post
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 20:57:34
February 20 2011 19:13 GMT
#169
Mod removed.

User was banned for this post.
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
February 20 2011 21:23 GMT
#170
On February 20 2011 16:35 spidii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 15:15 Robqxz wrote:
On February 20 2011 09:37 spidii wrote:
I am having such a hard time spending all my minerals as zerg. I like to drone very very heavily at the start of the game and go Muta/Ling off of 3 base. But I'm always out of gas yet have an insane flow of minerals coming in. I can't spend it all on Lings, my injects are pretty darn good so it's not that. I throw up Evos, extra hatches etc.. and still end up with 1k+ minerals and 0 gas. What can I do?



If you still have too many minerals after throwing down a macro hatch, just build another one. Or else, just try to expand anywhere on the map. If it works, you could get the extra gas, and if it fails, you wouldn't have needed the minerals anyway.

Edit: Spore-/Spinecrawlers if you can get any use of them are another possibility, however they cost 1 larva each so I'm not sure if that actually helps you that much.



Yeah I suppose I could try to expand more but I still feel like it's impossible to spend minerals, maybe I should just go roach hydra every match, most minerals I can spend I believe, but I like the map control I get with Mutas. Maybe I should be getting my gases faster....I will experiment but any other advice would be great!

Side Question: Is Muta/Ling viable until hive tech? More specifically, is getting a million lings with my excess minerals a poor investment or should I just pump out a billion?


I like to think of having too many minerals usually is a sympton of missing larva injects or not putting down an early enough macro hatchery.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
Cluster
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden125 Posts
February 21 2011 00:50 GMT
#171
On February 07 2011 05:55 MagusX wrote:
The game Warhammer 40,000 has a vehicle mounted weapon called the 'Hunter Seeker Missile.' And Given the similarities from WH40k to SC2 I think that either would call copyright on anything like that.


Dude, the word "Hunter-Seeker" is from Dune (published 1965, so Warhammer ain't got nothing on it, being released in '87), but has since entered the popcultural conciousness and made appearances in a lot of places, including C&C Tiberian Sun. Pretty sure no one owns copyright on that one.
Mystogun
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States392 Posts
February 21 2011 01:28 GMT
#172
On February 20 2011 20:49 me_viet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2011 05:55 MagusX wrote:
The game Warhammer 40,000 has a vehicle mounted weapon called the 'Hunter Seeker Missile.' And Given the similarities from WH40k to SC2 I think that either would call copyright on anything like that.




no lol. I doubt it.

It's cause Hunter Seeker MIssle during the beta got nerfed.

Basically back then it would be a t3 tech at fusion core and had more damage and bigger aoe.

Was way OP as everyone just teched to that as safe as possible and spammed them.

The nerf changed it completely.



What?

Anyways, as a toss, I've been playing around with a double forge build versus Terran. So far, I haven't lost to any terran that didn't pull out the all-in. Besides these ridiculous SCV all ins, what else should I be wary of?

The double forge I'm talking about is a 3gate robo expand into double forge.
"What I'm sayin' is that there are known knowns and there are known unknowns, but there's also unknown unknowns, things that we don't know we don't know." | SC2: NoiSe.730 | LoL: Galladiator
SpiZe
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada3640 Posts
February 21 2011 02:28 GMT
#173
Well since you are doing 3gate robo, banshees are not a problem. Can your opening hold off 3rax? If it does, I think you can roll over any form of pressure.
Mystogun
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States392 Posts
February 21 2011 02:32 GMT
#174
On February 21 2011 11:28 SpiZe wrote:
Well since you are doing 3gate robo, banshees are not a problem. Can your opening hold off 3rax? If it does, I think you can roll over any form of pressure.


Sentries are so good that I could probably hold a 3rax long enough to get an immortal out.. I usually get 5-6 sentries really early, so they build up a ton of energy.
"What I'm sayin' is that there are known knowns and there are known unknowns, but there's also unknown unknowns, things that we don't know we don't know." | SC2: NoiSe.730 | LoL: Galladiator
Cluster
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden125 Posts
February 21 2011 11:28 GMT
#175
A thought on this ongoing observer lag issue: Why does the game wait for observers at all? They don't provide critical data that the game needs to move on. Just send the packets to them, and if they don't lag by all means let them chat with each other, but otherwise just keep the game rolling. There's no need to drop them either, just don't wait if they fail to sync. The "referee" observer type could still be in full sync, to allow for referees and maybe priviliged casters to catch everything that's happening in the game.
MicroMachines
Profile Joined February 2011
United States8 Posts
February 21 2011 15:05 GMT
#176
I have searched the forums for any links to watch the GSL games that I missed (@ 4 est) this morning. I was wondering if anyone knows where to watch free VOD's of the code A Round of 32.

I started watching them this morning on GOMtv, but I can't afford the season ticket price to finish watching set's 2 and 3. I'd like to see the original casts with tasteless and kelly.
I can't win them all, but I will die trying. It's more fun when I'm forced to push my limits.
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
February 21 2011 15:24 GMT
#177
I was thinking about zerg and cheese, and was wondering why OLs can't spawn creep immediately.....wouldn't it help a zerg SOOO much to be able to move an OL to the ramp, drop some creep immediately and start up a spine crawler as soon as pool is done? It would crush things like pylons blocks and bunker blocks immediately, and just pooping some creep out below would at least temporarily keep them from building in the first place. Zerg would also be able to proxy tech much more effectively. What is the balance issue that with Zergs being able to poop creep earlier than lair?
Vimsey
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom2235 Posts
February 21 2011 16:52 GMT
#178
On February 22 2011 00:24 Sm3agol wrote:
I was thinking about zerg and cheese, and was wondering why OLs can't spawn creep immediately.....wouldn't it help a zerg SOOO much to be able to move an OL to the ramp, drop some creep immediately and start up a spine crawler as soon as pool is done? It would crush things like pylons blocks and bunker blocks immediately, and just pooping some creep out below would at least temporarily keep them from building in the first place. Zerg would also be able to proxy tech much more effectively. What is the balance issue that with Zergs being able to poop creep earlier than lair?

Early on you could use it to block the other races buildings in their base (some maps the overlord would easily get there in time to do this). Stopping protoss walling off the ramp and then 6 pooling would be GG on a lot of close positions.
Utinni
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1196 Posts
February 21 2011 17:04 GMT
#179
ParasitJonte does in fact exist, Discuss.
“... you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day.” - Max Brooks: World War Z
Dalavita
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1113 Posts
February 21 2011 21:59 GMT
#180
On February 22 2011 01:52 Vimsey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2011 00:24 Sm3agol wrote:
I was thinking about zerg and cheese, and was wondering why OLs can't spawn creep immediately.....wouldn't it help a zerg SOOO much to be able to move an OL to the ramp, drop some creep immediately and start up a spine crawler as soon as pool is done? It would crush things like pylons blocks and bunker blocks immediately, and just pooping some creep out below would at least temporarily keep them from building in the first place. Zerg would also be able to proxy tech much more effectively. What is the balance issue that with Zergs being able to poop creep earlier than lair?

Early on you could use it to block the other races buildings in their base (some maps the overlord would easily get there in time to do this). Stopping protoss walling off the ramp and then 6 pooling would be GG on a lot of close positions.


Better maps with longer rush distances would fix that tho, and make it a useful defensive tool, and only that.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14717
Hyuk 52
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm210
League of Legends
Doublelift4306
Other Games
summit1g9295
FrodaN2702
JimRising 640
PiGStarcraft474
KnowMe182
ViBE130
ArmadaUGS105
Mew2King68
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1320
BasetradeTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• davetesta16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 10m
INu's Battles
11h 10m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 10m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
Replay Cast
22h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.