• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:59
CEST 23:59
KST 06:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10569 users

Day[9] Daily #100 "My Life of Starcraft" Subtitled - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 16 Next All
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
February 24 2011 13:26 GMT
#161
On February 24 2011 21:26 niTsEn wrote:
while translating i came across a minor mistake in your transcript,
in this paragraph

+ Show Spoiler +

[ aroud 21 minutes]

The first ever big tournament my brother and I tried to qualify for was the World Cyber Games Challenge, not the first World Cyber Games that happened in 2001, but like the 1999-2001, when like the KBK tournament were running, when players like... GG99Slayer and ElkY were very, very strong foreigners. And... I remember my brother was invited to the Blackish clan. He was BlackishGold, he got really far in the tournament, and he lost, and he was like horribly upset and everything. And it's so funny to think about the way that strategies worked back then. You know, I was...


it isn`t 1999-2001 he means the 1999-2000 one, like the one tournament happened in 1999-2000. Anything else would make no sense to me.
well just a minor mistake but still one :D



Yeah, but it's a transcription of the audio... maybe he meant it, but what he said was "1999-2001", I'm almost sure (not home to check it)

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
FenneK
Profile Joined November 2010
France1231 Posts
February 24 2011 13:58 GMT
#162
This is so awesome. Well done.
good luck have batman
grimhammer
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden11 Posts
February 24 2011 15:35 GMT
#163
re-encode is almost done, gonna try to get started with the timings today, kinda busy today tho, will get done ASAP as it's my #1 priority atm. Will update with progress.
I'm the science of a fireball, something to inspire y'all
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 17:55:27
February 24 2011 16:57 GMT
#164
On February 25 2011 00:35 grimhammer wrote:
re-encode is almost done, gonna try to get started with the timings today, kinda busy today tho, will get done ASAP as it's my #1 priority atm. Will update with progress.


If you re-encode, can you assure the timmings of different files will be the same?


Edit1.:

@escruting
At the [0:00:00] ->[0:45:00] part of English version, couple lines before the [0:05:00] mark
where it says "So we want back to play single player"
change to "So we went back to play single player"

At this same version, after the 5 minutes mark
where it says "like chores, maw the lawn, because"
change to "like chores, mow the lawn, because"
//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
grimhammer
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden11 Posts
February 24 2011 17:56 GMT
#165
On February 25 2011 01:57 Tschis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 00:35 grimhammer wrote:
re-encode is almost done, gonna try to get started with the timings today, kinda busy today tho, will get done ASAP as it's my #1 priority atm. Will update with progress.


If you re-encode, can you assure the timmings of different files will be the same?


//tx


Yeah, it won't make a difference, I just want a format that my ooooold notebook can handle as well, that way I can work on it no matter where I am.
I'm the science of a fireball, something to inspire y'all
ggofthejungle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Romania392 Posts
February 24 2011 18:00 GMT
#166
When the final version of the English transcript is done, please PM me and I will help with the translation to Romanian.
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
February 24 2011 19:30 GMT
#167
On February 25 2011 02:56 grimhammer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 01:57 Tschis wrote:
On February 25 2011 00:35 grimhammer wrote:
re-encode is almost done, gonna try to get started with the timings today, kinda busy today tho, will get done ASAP as it's my #1 priority atm. Will update with progress.


If you re-encode, can you assure the timmings of different files will be the same?


//tx


Yeah, it won't make a difference, I just want a format that my ooooold notebook can handle as well, that way I can work on it no matter where I am.



Great.

Could you post a small piece of material when you got one? Like 5 minutes or something. I just wanna know how much work I'll have to put to insert the translated parts into the timed version.

If it's too much, I will wait for the whole english version to be finished before I translate.

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
February 24 2011 19:31 GMT
#168
On February 25 2011 01:57 Tschis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 00:35 grimhammer wrote:
re-encode is almost done, gonna try to get started with the timings today, kinda busy today tho, will get done ASAP as it's my #1 priority atm. Will update with progress.


If you re-encode, can you assure the timmings of different files will be the same?


Edit1.:

@escruting
At the [0:00:00] ->[0:45:00] part of English version, couple lines before the [0:05:00] mark
where it says "So we want back to play single player"
change to "So we went back to play single player"

At this same version, after the 5 minutes mark
where it says "like chores, maw the lawn, because"
change to "like chores, mow the lawn, because"
//tx


Done, also added fragments to the german translation, user niTsEn has been working hard and has already done 30 minutes! Thanks!
My Life for Aiur
Perfi
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Poland349 Posts
February 24 2011 20:34 GMT
#169
On February 24 2011 22:26 Tschis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2011 21:26 niTsEn wrote:
while translating i came across a minor mistake in your transcript,
in this paragraph

+ Show Spoiler +

[ aroud 21 minutes]

The first ever big tournament my brother and I tried to qualify for was the World Cyber Games Challenge, not the first World Cyber Games that happened in 2001, but like the 1999-2001, when like the KBK tournament were running, when players like... GG99Slayer and ElkY were very, very strong foreigners. And... I remember my brother was invited to the Blackish clan. He was BlackishGold, he got really far in the tournament, and he lost, and he was like horribly upset and everything. And it's so funny to think about the way that strategies worked back then. You know, I was...


it isn`t 1999-2001 he means the 1999-2000 one, like the one tournament happened in 1999-2000. Anything else would make no sense to me.
well just a minor mistake but still one :D



Yeah, but it's a transcription of the audio... maybe he meant it, but what he said was "1999-2001", I'm almost sure (not home to check it)

//tx


I just checked, and niTsEn is right. Day[9] says "not the first World Cyber Games that happened in two thousand one, but like the nineteen ninety nine - two thousand one". I can see where the mistake originated - if we used numbers to write that sentence, it would be "Not the first World Cyber Games that happened in 2001, but like the 1999-2000 one.". Get it?
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
February 24 2011 20:37 GMT
#170
I can ask the Day[9]Crew so they will ask Sean personally if you guys want. Let me know if it will be necessary
My Life for Aiur
Perfi
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Poland349 Posts
February 24 2011 20:39 GMT
#171
I don't think there's any need for that, really. It's pretty clear once you look at it. It's "but like the 1999-2000 one" as in "but like the one that happened during the years 1999-2000".
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
February 24 2011 20:48 GMT
#172
Yes, my mistake guys.

Thank you :}

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
February 24 2011 20:55 GMT
#173
Corrected the mistake you were talking about, also on the german translation.
My Life for Aiur
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
February 24 2011 23:36 GMT
#174
Aff, near the last mistake, change the
"not really much mawing is going on there"
for "not really much mowing is going on there"

this word has owned the shit out of me

Sorry!

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
February 24 2011 23:42 GMT
#175
On February 25 2011 08:36 Tschis wrote:
Aff, near the last mistake, change the
"not really much mawing is going on there"
for "not really much mowing is going on there"

this word has owned the shit out of me

Sorry!

//tx

Done :D
My Life for Aiur
Rampager
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia1007 Posts
February 25 2011 00:35 GMT
#176
On February 25 2011 00:35 grimhammer wrote:
re-encode is almost done, gonna try to get started with the timings today, kinda busy today tho, will get done ASAP as it's my #1 priority atm. Will update with progress.


[B]On February 25 2011 04:30 Tschis wrote:
Could you post a small piece of material when you got one? Like 5 minutes or something. I just wanna know how much work I'll have to put to insert the translated parts into the timed version.

If it's too much, I will wait for the whole english version to be finished before I translate.
//tx


I would also like a small sample! Since I'm new to this process it would be nice if you could post an example that I can roughly follow. Then I can start working on the final minutes and we can meet up on the middle (or middle-ish, you'll probably work a lot faster than me ) (I assume this is possible, can you merge timings like that? Surely they won't conflict)

Thanks for volunteering yourself grimhammer <3
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-26 17:19:18
February 26 2011 14:41 GMT
#177
2 paragraphs before the [0:35:00]

Where it says "I just batched the first game and I lost"
change to "I just botched the first game and I lost"


Edit.:

What do you guys think?

at [0:54:42] he says
"So Fr0z came back through the Winners Bracket", but since he had beaten Fr0z,
do you think he meant "So Fr0z came back through the Losers Bracket"?

Should we transcript it they way he said, or the way he meant it?

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
Rampager
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia1007 Posts
February 27 2011 01:13 GMT
#178
Haha yea I noticed that as well. I figured I'd just transcribe it faithfully :D I think it doesn't matter too much, might as well keep it.

I finally see what people are talking about, doing the timing first is the smart way. Now it's just an endless process of copy-pasting, there's no actual timing going on, I'm just subtitling at this point, hah.

Once I slowly but surely plod through the timing part of Day9 daily (uh, this will take awhile... especially since I'm off break after today xD) then there will be an english subtitled version of Day9 daily 100... and then I guess it's up to the rest of you to copy-paste the translations in, rofl. Ah, what a wonderful world subbing is.

No ETA
how
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States538 Posts
February 27 2011 01:21 GMT
#179
I am an american, who isn't well known, but I believe I can say with confidence the community thanks you for doing this. Literally only good can come from its
http://twitter.com/howsc
grimhammer
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden11 Posts
February 27 2011 02:48 GMT
#180
Many apologies, been stuck in the RIFT head start, haven't been able to tear myself away from Telara. Since I live in Sweden it's 3:48 AM here now so I'll be heading to bed now but I'll post tomorrow morning with some progress as well as a small explanation for how to do it so we can split up the work.
I'm the science of a fireball, something to inspire y'all
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O178
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13957
Shuttle 363
White-Ra 235
ZZZero.O 178
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm103
League of Legends
Doublelift3625
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5657
Other Games
summit1g9471
FrodaN2381
Liquid`RaSZi2024
crisheroes323
ToD253
C9.Mang0245
Livibee195
Pyrionflax144
Mew2King46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1087
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• musti20045 42
• Adnapsc2 26
• HeavenSC 15
• Sammyuel 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1523
• Shiphtur683
• WagamamaTV278
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 1m
Replay Cast
1h 1m
OSC
14h 1m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.