• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:33
CEST 14:33
KST 21:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9063 users

The 100 6 Pool Challenge - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
The_Piper42
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States426 Posts
January 26 2011 21:33 GMT
#141
At first I thought this would be a good reason to avoid the ladder for a while. Then I realized all the free wins I'd be missing. :-)
Boxer, White-Ra, Grubby, Flash fighting!
Mafs
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada458 Posts
January 26 2011 21:41 GMT
#142
6 pool works well in lower leagues. When I got the game and was noob it was all I did because I didnt know how to expand(Only got like 16-18 wins with it). But once I hit gold it suddenly stoped working and I went on a 15 losing streak using 6 pool. I have never used it in a league game since. But seeing how far you could go up to using 6 pool would be interesting. I should do it again once a while, its not that bad of a stratagy.
hachidan
Profile Joined June 2010
United States21 Posts
January 26 2011 22:14 GMT
#143
ok so i am 2.2k diamond and and haven't felt like ladder the past few weeks. I had a feeling that this 6 pool challenge was non-debatable that it would not work at my level but i decided to try it anyways. After 3 games and 3 loses against all three races i have officially stopped this challenge. I keep hearing the pros say that since worker ai have been enhanced 6 pool cheese no longer works. Maybe i am doing it wrong. I pull a couple of workers with my 6 pool but the that doesn't help it probably hurts me more. I tried another, in the middle of typing this, game with the first 6 lings as pressure the the following 6 ling to go for the kill. That worked on a zerg but his control was poor and scouting was not that good. I tired it on a terran buddy on LT and he held it off even though he didnt scout me towards the end.
Lunat!c
Profile Joined March 2010
122 Posts
January 26 2011 22:21 GMT
#144
Make a harder challenge like 100 games only Air.
Disastorm
Profile Joined January 2008
United States922 Posts
January 27 2011 01:16 GMT
#145
On January 27 2011 04:56 IPA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2011 04:21 Disastorm wrote:
Perhaps with this 100 6 pool challenge people will find legit ways to transition to standard game, much like the 4 gate (originally the 4 gate was also considered 100% cheese before people were able to transition).
.


Are you really suggesting Zerg can transition out of a 6 pool into a standard game? Really?

Im suggesting that completely new things are discovered every day. I didn't see the day9 barkles mentioned but if what he says is true, then it was apparently an example of a korean 7 pooling into a normal game. Also, we've seen pros do things like 10 and 11 pool standard openings, so who knows one day their may be a 6 pool one.
"Don't worry so much man. There won't be any more zergs left to QQ. Lots of QQ about TvT is incoming though I bet." - Vrok 9/21/10
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
January 30 2011 00:39 GMT
#146
Doesn't count for much, but I saw a top 200 zerg take someone else's random n00b account into +3000 point masters doing nothing but 6 pool over and over again. You can pull it off vs most races, you just have to not get scouted at 10 supply and micro really well. I seriously didn't see him lose a single Z v Z though.
redeux
Profile Joined November 2010
United States148 Posts
January 30 2011 00:43 GMT
#147
On January 30 2011 09:39 Sm3agol wrote:
Doesn't count for much, but I saw a top 200 zerg take someone else's random n00b account into +3000 point masters doing nothing but 6 pool over and over again. You can pull it off vs most races, you just have to not get scouted at 10 supply and micro really well. I seriously didn't see him lose a single Z v Z though.


Sounds reasonable. If you know how to 6 pool well you it's very difficult for most players to defend against. Best race against it is Terran and that's only if they can manage to get your drone out of their base from blocking off the ramp.
former masters zerg na/eu. took extended break, getting back into things.1v1 / 2v2 stream: twitch.tv/redeuxtv
Chronald
Profile Joined December 2009
United States619 Posts
January 30 2011 00:57 GMT
#148
I'd rather do the 100 hatch first challenge
Got that.
ALang
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada288 Posts
January 30 2011 01:06 GMT
#149
There's already so many zerg who do this without making a challenge out of it.
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
January 30 2011 01:27 GMT
#150
On January 27 2011 06:33 The_Piper42 wrote:
At first I thought this would be a good reason to avoid the ladder for a while. Then I realized all the free wins I'd be missing. :-)


Exactly.

I've only had 1 guy 6 pool me in the last couple days. But i always scout on my 9 pylon, so i saw it coming a mile away. Then it's just a matter of completing your wall a little quicker.

Someone, hurry up and complete this. I want to be able to smile at the 18 wins 82 losses. ^^
Bair
Profile Joined May 2010
United States698 Posts
January 30 2011 02:10 GMT
#151
I think that the roach rush where you bring your queen and all of your drones would be a better cheese to do than this :/
In Roaches I Rust.
idonthinksobro
Profile Joined December 2010
3138 Posts
January 30 2011 02:33 GMT
#152
depends on the rush - if you are allowed to 7pool with extractor trick you get the most fighting units early (including drones) and vs zerg you will have about 100 mins to get 1 spine done.

If the thread was about early pooling 6-8 i prolly gave it a shot.
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
Rex96
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko378
ProTech131
Rex 96
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44753
Hyuk 1174
Jaedong 828
actioN 402
Soma 391
Horang2 372
EffOrt 368
Soulkey 367
BeSt 309
Mini 296
[ Show more ]
Zeus 262
Light 256
Last 249
Stork 218
910 191
Larva 177
Snow 133
ggaemo 132
Rush 117
Pusan 82
ZerO 80
Mind 62
Killer 48
Creator 43
Sharp 39
Shine 32
Shinee 31
hero 30
Free 26
Bale 24
JYJ 21
HiyA 15
ToSsGirL 15
Noble 13
yabsab 11
sorry 10
Sacsri 7
Terrorterran 5
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7526
Dendi802
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1621
markeloff127
kRYSTAL_41
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1777
Other Games
gofns40656
singsing1944
B2W.Neo607
XBOCT345
Pyrionflax264
hiko247
DeMusliM231
byalli228
ArmadaUGS91
Mew2King58
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1362
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH319
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1407
Other Games
• WagamamaTV187
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
27m
The PondCast
21h 27m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.