• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:04
CEST 10:04
KST 17:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7475 users

Patch 1.2.0 on PTR - Page 124

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 158 Next
HelluvaRice
Profile Joined December 2010
United States25 Posts
December 05 2010 07:19 GMT
#2461
On December 05 2010 16:14 aztrorisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 10:24 MindRush wrote:
how about this changes that are surely needed

Zerg

- Drone:

a drone cancelling a building will return with percentage of that particular building's health when it was cancelled (no more infinite drone cancel/rebuild assimilator)


Terran

- Orbital Command

the animation for scanner sweep ability is now in the color of the player that used the ability instead of gold color for everybody (makes it more relevant for TvT spectators which player scans where)


Protoss

- Sentry

the forcefield model now reflects the color of the player that used the ability (makes it more relevant for PvP spectators which player cast a certain force field)



These are not taken from anywhere, these are my suggestions. The first one is reasonable, the last 2 do not affect gameplay whatsoever, just improve spectating.


cancel+rebuild for drones is already ok as it is because it'll end up costing about 100 (or just 75 if they cancel the extractor and the drone dies) minerals for the Zerg player. Zerg players already lose a small amount of minerals every time they cancel and rebuild the exactor and they'll eventually lose the drone. In addition, it is one more thing a zerg player has to pay attention to just to stall gas for a short period of time. A Toss player or terran player can block a Zerg's natural for a short period of time for 100 with a pylon and a couple minerals with a E-bay (Ebay may be cheaper but it gets canceled sooner). As a result, extractor steal is valid.

I like your idea with the scan but the FF is useless because FF is neutral so it doesn't really matter who casts it.

I agree with what you said about the sentrie FF. Plus, default FF color is so pretty on ultra
Trickityhouses
Profile Joined February 2010
United States41 Posts
December 05 2010 07:22 GMT
#2462
wow chat channels look cool, I wonder if they are going to keep all of the changes.
DooMDash
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1015 Posts
December 05 2010 07:24 GMT
#2463
IDK if its in my head but building a command center feels longer to me.
S1 3500+ Master T. S2 1600+ Master T.
DooMDash
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1015 Posts
December 05 2010 07:26 GMT
#2464
On December 05 2010 14:05 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 13:59 wintergt wrote:
I'd love to see how the fungal change will play out. I saw guinea pig (I believe?) lose a game because his phoenixes got fungal'd just once, and they all died right there. So I can understand this change. It might also give terran a chance vs zerg lategame. Right now, terran lategame vs zerg is pretty much 100% loss. Zerg can usually already see the whole map with creepspread so drops don't come out of nowhere, and fungals counter them hardcore. With this change terran might have a chance? We'll have to see.

My only concern is that protoss air might become too dominant. (and yes I'm playing protoss atm, just want to see a balanced game)


think you need to watch GSL or something as terrans have been beating zerg late game.

+ Show Spoiler +
(clide I believe game 1 vs leenok). Jinro 2-0 Moon and Jinro played super passive...

Not really.

+ Show Spoiler +

Jinro beat a WCIII in a macro game... far from convincing


Also the GSL shows me much more of Terran not doing well late game or avoiding it completely.
S1 3500+ Master T. S2 1600+ Master T.
Oxb
Profile Joined August 2010
199 Posts
December 05 2010 07:27 GMT
#2465
even more scv building harrasment :-(
quite some changes and great bug fixes, keep it up!
positron.
Profile Joined May 2010
634 Posts
December 05 2010 07:29 GMT
#2466
On December 05 2010 14:05 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 13:59 wintergt wrote:
I'd love to see how the fungal change will play out. I saw guinea pig (I believe?) lose a game because his phoenixes got fungal'd just once, and they all died right there. So I can understand this change. It might also give terran a chance vs zerg lategame. Right now, terran lategame vs zerg is pretty much 100% loss. Zerg can usually already see the whole map with creepspread so drops don't come out of nowhere, and fungals counter them hardcore. With this change terran might have a chance? We'll have to see.

My only concern is that protoss air might become too dominant. (and yes I'm playing protoss atm, just want to see a balanced game)


think you need to watch GSL or something as terrans have been beating zerg late game.

+ Show Spoiler +
(clide I believe game 1 vs leenok). Jinro 2-0 Moon and Jinro played super passive...


+ Show Spoiler +
Clide won a macro game on the most imba map TvZ which is jungle basin. Jinro 2-0 Moon who played pretty horribly in both game. Please don't use these weak references to support your bias.
Meldrath
Profile Joined June 2010
United States620 Posts
December 05 2010 07:30 GMT
#2467
Played 12 or so games on the realm have been playing alot ALOT of terran v zerg like the only people who bothered to log on and try are T and Z LOL that being said I am enjoying being able to salvage my dropships out of a fungal growth disaster if/when they happen.
slap me I must be dreaming another "imba" arugment! fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
DooMDash
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1015 Posts
December 05 2010 07:31 GMT
#2468
On December 05 2010 16:29 positron. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 14:05 blade55555 wrote:
On December 05 2010 13:59 wintergt wrote:
I'd love to see how the fungal change will play out. I saw guinea pig (I believe?) lose a game because his phoenixes got fungal'd just once, and they all died right there. So I can understand this change. It might also give terran a chance vs zerg lategame. Right now, terran lategame vs zerg is pretty much 100% loss. Zerg can usually already see the whole map with creepspread so drops don't come out of nowhere, and fungals counter them hardcore. With this change terran might have a chance? We'll have to see.

My only concern is that protoss air might become too dominant. (and yes I'm playing protoss atm, just want to see a balanced game)


think you need to watch GSL or something as terrans have been beating zerg late game.

+ Show Spoiler +
(clide I believe game 1 vs leenok). Jinro 2-0 Moon and Jinro played super passive...


+ Show Spoiler +
Clide won a macro game on the most imba map TvZ which is jungle basin. Jinro 2-0 Moon who played pretty horribly in both game. Please don't use these weak references to support your bias.

People listen to biased Artosis too much it seems. Of course he is going to say things to make Z stay bogus late game. Anyway, probably don't need to complain here.
S1 3500+ Master T. S2 1600+ Master T.
Lil.Sassy
Profile Joined November 2010
United States54 Posts
December 05 2010 07:31 GMT
#2469
On December 05 2010 16:24 DooMDash wrote:
IDK if its in my head but building a command center feels longer to me.


Make sure you're actually on Faster setting, somehow I had it set to just Fast or whatever the speed is right under Faster when i was just quickly looking at all the changes in SP
Ughghghg
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
December 05 2010 07:40 GMT
#2470
On December 05 2010 16:29 positron. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 14:05 blade55555 wrote:
On December 05 2010 13:59 wintergt wrote:
I'd love to see how the fungal change will play out. I saw guinea pig (I believe?) lose a game because his phoenixes got fungal'd just once, and they all died right there. So I can understand this change. It might also give terran a chance vs zerg lategame. Right now, terran lategame vs zerg is pretty much 100% loss. Zerg can usually already see the whole map with creepspread so drops don't come out of nowhere, and fungals counter them hardcore. With this change terran might have a chance? We'll have to see.

My only concern is that protoss air might become too dominant. (and yes I'm playing protoss atm, just want to see a balanced game)


think you need to watch GSL or something as terrans have been beating zerg late game.

+ Show Spoiler +
(clide I believe game 1 vs leenok). Jinro 2-0 Moon and Jinro played super passive...


+ Show Spoiler +
Clide won a macro game on the most imba map TvZ which is jungle basin. Jinro 2-0 Moon who played pretty horribly in both game. Please don't use these weak references to support your bias.



One T horribly out macro'd Fruitdealer on Xel naga, the terran ended up losing to him. but he definitely out macro'd fruitdealer.

T's can macro, you guys just refuse to develope that half of your game. for some reaons macro to terran = how many raxes pumping marines can i get instead of how many bases can i get away with. terrans with bases are scary scary.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
December 05 2010 07:44 GMT
#2471
after some intense testing the new map plunder isle is indeed shit as zerg.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 05 2010 07:45 GMT
#2472
On December 05 2010 16:29 positron. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 14:05 blade55555 wrote:
On December 05 2010 13:59 wintergt wrote:
I'd love to see how the fungal change will play out. I saw guinea pig (I believe?) lose a game because his phoenixes got fungal'd just once, and they all died right there. So I can understand this change. It might also give terran a chance vs zerg lategame. Right now, terran lategame vs zerg is pretty much 100% loss. Zerg can usually already see the whole map with creepspread so drops don't come out of nowhere, and fungals counter them hardcore. With this change terran might have a chance? We'll have to see.

My only concern is that protoss air might become too dominant. (and yes I'm playing protoss atm, just want to see a balanced game)


think you need to watch GSL or something as terrans have been beating zerg late game.

+ Show Spoiler +
(clide I believe game 1 vs leenok). Jinro 2-0 Moon and Jinro played super passive...


+ Show Spoiler +
Clide won a macro game on the most imba map TvZ which is jungle basin. Jinro 2-0 Moon who played pretty horribly in both game. Please don't use these weak references to support your bias.


+ Show Spoiler +
He also almost won on Shakuras plateau a supposed "zerg" favored map. Its been shown multiple times that terrans can play zergs in a macro games don't see why you guys are still in denial about it T_T.
When I think of something else, something will go here
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
December 05 2010 07:51 GMT
#2473
I posted this in a thread about stationary defenses, and I thought this might be valid for here as well.

For all the people saying that the patch will fix the SCV repairing the PF, I have something to point out.

Exact patch notes:
Repairing SCVs now assume the same threat priority as the unit they’re repairing.

It clearly says unit. And the PF is a structure. So I am wondering, does anyone on the PTR actually have some viable data to contribute besides blinding calling it out?
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
.kv
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2332 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-05 08:02:11
December 05 2010 07:54 GMT
#2474
my little brother has to play in windowed mode because of the resolution for some reason but I can't change the settings...when I launch the PTR it goes black screen...anybody know how to resolve this when trying to go on public test

edit: nevermind found out how
eMbAh
Profile Joined September 2009
Denmark40 Posts
December 05 2010 07:55 GMT
#2475
Why ruin the game with the larva change? WHY BLIZZARD?!
positron.
Profile Joined May 2010
634 Posts
December 05 2010 07:56 GMT
#2476
On December 05 2010 16:45 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 16:29 positron. wrote:
On December 05 2010 14:05 blade55555 wrote:
On December 05 2010 13:59 wintergt wrote:
I'd love to see how the fungal change will play out. I saw guinea pig (I believe?) lose a game because his phoenixes got fungal'd just once, and they all died right there. So I can understand this change. It might also give terran a chance vs zerg lategame. Right now, terran lategame vs zerg is pretty much 100% loss. Zerg can usually already see the whole map with creepspread so drops don't come out of nowhere, and fungals counter them hardcore. With this change terran might have a chance? We'll have to see.

My only concern is that protoss air might become too dominant. (and yes I'm playing protoss atm, just want to see a balanced game)


think you need to watch GSL or something as terrans have been beating zerg late game.

+ Show Spoiler +
(clide I believe game 1 vs leenok). Jinro 2-0 Moon and Jinro played super passive...


+ Show Spoiler +
Clide won a macro game on the most imba map TvZ which is jungle basin. Jinro 2-0 Moon who played pretty horribly in both game. Please don't use these weak references to support your bias.


+ Show Spoiler +
He also almost won on Shakuras plateau a supposed "zerg" favored map. Its been shown multiple times that terrans can play zergs in a macro games don't see why you guys are still in denial about it T_T.

+ Show Spoiler +
Jinro agrees that "do damage early or die" is the state of Terran. Balance should not be like that.
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=171331&currentpage=13
his post is at near bottom.
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
December 05 2010 08:32 GMT
#2477
On December 05 2010 16:40 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 16:29 positron. wrote:
On December 05 2010 14:05 blade55555 wrote:
On December 05 2010 13:59 wintergt wrote:
I'd love to see how the fungal change will play out. I saw guinea pig (I believe?) lose a game because his phoenixes got fungal'd just once, and they all died right there. So I can understand this change. It might also give terran a chance vs zerg lategame. Right now, terran lategame vs zerg is pretty much 100% loss. Zerg can usually already see the whole map with creepspread so drops don't come out of nowhere, and fungals counter them hardcore. With this change terran might have a chance? We'll have to see.

My only concern is that protoss air might become too dominant. (and yes I'm playing protoss atm, just want to see a balanced game)


think you need to watch GSL or something as terrans have been beating zerg late game.

+ Show Spoiler +
(clide I believe game 1 vs leenok). Jinro 2-0 Moon and Jinro played super passive...


+ Show Spoiler +
Clide won a macro game on the most imba map TvZ which is jungle basin. Jinro 2-0 Moon who played pretty horribly in both game. Please don't use these weak references to support your bias.



One T horribly out macro'd Fruitdealer on Xel naga, the terran ended up losing to him. but he definitely out macro'd fruitdealer.

T's can macro, you guys just refuse to develope that half of your game. for some reaons macro to terran = how many raxes pumping marines can i get instead of how many bases can i get away with. terrans with bases are scary scary.


I don't buy the "Terran's don't macro argument". They've tried. It's not as effective as a more aggressive style of play
tdt
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3179 Posts
December 05 2010 08:44 GMT
#2478
Great changes for Toss and great changes overall BUT no fungal growth is very bad.

Two words: mass ravens.
MC for president
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
December 05 2010 08:49 GMT
#2479
On December 05 2010 17:32 happyness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 16:40 PrinceXizor wrote:
On December 05 2010 16:29 positron. wrote:
On December 05 2010 14:05 blade55555 wrote:
On December 05 2010 13:59 wintergt wrote:
I'd love to see how the fungal change will play out. I saw guinea pig (I believe?) lose a game because his phoenixes got fungal'd just once, and they all died right there. So I can understand this change. It might also give terran a chance vs zerg lategame. Right now, terran lategame vs zerg is pretty much 100% loss. Zerg can usually already see the whole map with creepspread so drops don't come out of nowhere, and fungals counter them hardcore. With this change terran might have a chance? We'll have to see.

My only concern is that protoss air might become too dominant. (and yes I'm playing protoss atm, just want to see a balanced game)


think you need to watch GSL or something as terrans have been beating zerg late game.

+ Show Spoiler +
(clide I believe game 1 vs leenok). Jinro 2-0 Moon and Jinro played super passive...


+ Show Spoiler +
Clide won a macro game on the most imba map TvZ which is jungle basin. Jinro 2-0 Moon who played pretty horribly in both game. Please don't use these weak references to support your bias.



One T horribly out macro'd Fruitdealer on Xel naga, the terran ended up losing to him. but he definitely out macro'd fruitdealer.

T's can macro, you guys just refuse to develope that half of your game. for some reaons macro to terran = how many raxes pumping marines can i get instead of how many bases can i get away with. terrans with bases are scary scary.


I don't buy the "Terran's don't macro argument". They've tried. It's not as effective as a more aggressive style of play

this is total crap. I almost never lose to a Terran with <4 bases. and i say almost never only because of some 3 basing terrans. but i'd say i NEVER (with a few exceptions) lose to a 2 basing terran. it's just too pathetic because their aggression is easy to stop with practice, and unless they all in, you just stall til the late game and 2 bases loses all of it's strength, and you auto win because they are on 1 mining base while you have 3-4. It's sad. especially considering that 1 more expansion would DOUBLE their production, but they choose not to. I really want to grab the T's and shake them for being so bad at this game. it's really sad. just macro, harrass, take bases.. it's easy all the races can do it. aauggh!!!! /rant


Artisan
Profile Joined February 2010
United States336 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-05 08:53:32
December 05 2010 08:53 GMT
#2480
On December 05 2010 16:44 crms wrote:
after some intense testing the new map plunder isle is indeed shit as zerg.


hopefully not too much testing =D lol. 2 expansions that are on the other corners of the map or in the center. I hope this never becomes a ladder map
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 158 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 721
GuemChi 547
Leta 335
BeSt 226
Soma 171
Hyun 103
firebathero 74
sorry 52
910 51
Mong 48
[ Show more ]
sSak 31
Bale 24
ZergMaN 19
yabsab 18
Noble 10
HiyA 5
Dota 2
febbydoto12
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss584
ceh9513
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King469
Other Games
summit1g8129
olofmeister760
JimRising 490
Happy416
KnowMe23
Trikslyr22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick458
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast36
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt431
Other Games
• Shiphtur458
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 56m
Patches Events
7h 56m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.