• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:27
CEST 01:27
KST 08:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10416 users

Mouse sensitivity of 6/11 is not 50% - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next All
delHospital
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Poland261 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-27 16:50:13
February 27 2011 16:49 GMT
#161
The answer is already on this page of the thread. Or try google.

Edit: damn, now it's the previous page
marconi
Profile Joined March 2010
Croatia220 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-27 17:19:38
February 27 2011 17:19 GMT
#162
I play at 100 percent speed, it's the best challenge

If you can master playing at that speed, you'll feel the powah XD
Razith
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada431 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-27 19:07:26
February 27 2011 19:05 GMT
#163
Okay so I read through this thread and it has a lot of great info and I'll summarize it for the player who doesn't want to worry about math but just wants a precise mouse.

Basically the OP is saying that the % displayed in-game is a rounded percentage to the nearest whole number. 50% could be actually lower, or higher than 50%.

Just after some personal testing, anything below 50% will result in lost pixels. So you need to make sure that the 50% displayed is at or above 50%.

The easiest way to make sure that your setting is above 50% is to take the slider to 51%, then slowly bring it back to 50%. As soon as the display hits 50%, stop and you'll have perfect 1:1 (6/11 windows, enhanced precision turned off).

Through my testing, if i took the slider to 49% first then slid it up to 50%, it would result in lost pixels. If I took the slider to 51%, then slid it back to 50%, it resulted in no lost pixels.

Interesting find. When I went to check out my settings, it was actually at 49%, and resulted in a lot of lost pixels.
delHospital
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Poland261 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-27 20:19:39
February 27 2011 20:14 GMT
#164
On February 28 2011 04:05 Razith wrote:
Okay so I read through this thread and it has a lot of great info and I'll summarize it for the player who doesn't want to worry about math but just wants a precise mouse.
If I were to summarize the info, I'd say: set sensitivity to 31%, 51% or 71%.
If you don't like any of these, set it to whatever suits you best, just avoid multiples of 5.

Basically the OP is saying that the % displayed in-game is a rounded percentage to the nearest whole number. 50% could be actually lower, or higher than 50%.
Correct.

Just after some personal testing, anything below 50% will result in lost pixels. So you need to make sure that the 50% displayed is at or above 50%.
The first sentence is true, but "lost pixels" are not necessarily a bad thing. If you skip every second pixel, you're effectively cutting the dpi in half. Nothing bad happening here.

The easiest way to make sure that your setting is above 50% is to take the slider to 51%, then slowly bring it back to 50%. As soon as the display hits 50%, stop and you'll have perfect 1:1 (6/11 windows, enhanced precision turned off).
The easiest way is to simply set it to 51%. No need to fiddle with the slider that much.

On February 28 2011 02:19 marconi wrote:
I play at 100 percent speed, it's the best challenge

If you can master playing at that speed, you'll feel the powah XD
At 100% with a fast mouse, even selecting an ultralisk could pose a challenge
eMbAh
Profile Joined September 2009
Denmark40 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-28 00:11:53
February 27 2011 22:13 GMT
#165
I have a question: I hope you all know it's possible to set your sensitivity in the variables.txt document to a perfect 50.000. Is it still a problem if you do that?
delHospital
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Poland261 Posts
February 27 2011 22:25 GMT
#166
You mean .5? It's the default, so it should be 1:1.
eMbAh
Profile Joined September 2009
Denmark40 Posts
February 28 2011 00:22 GMT
#167
On February 28 2011 07:25 delHospital wrote:
You mean .5? It's the default, so it should be 1:1.


then I dont understand what the point of this thread is
SFGhoax
Profile Joined January 2011
United States21 Posts
March 01 2011 02:18 GMT
#168
Great thread!!
Dont forget to #manner!
Honeybadger
Profile Joined August 2010
United States821 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-01 02:24:14
March 01 2011 02:23 GMT
#169
This seems like something that only really matters to the people in grandmaster's.

While interesting info, obsessing over things like this when your macro is what's losing you games, seems a bit contradictory. How many games are truly lost to 4-5 pixel "misclicks"

I play @ 4300dpi and 81%. It's just what feels best for me.
"I like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur."
IPS.Blue
Profile Joined January 2004
Germany309 Posts
March 04 2011 18:37 GMT
#170
On March 01 2011 11:23 Honeybadger wrote:
This seems like something that only really matters to the people in grandmaster's.

While interesting info, obsessing over things like this when your macro is what's losing you games, seems a bit contradictory. How many games are truly lost to 4-5 pixel "misclicks"

I play @ 4300dpi and 81%. It's just what feels best for me.

Setting up your mouse sensitivity in a correct way should matter for everyone. And you don't have to obsess about it. Just once invest the time in a good setup - and then forget about it.

Concerning your mouse sensitivity: Don't you have problems, selecting single and small units?
Goodseed
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)270 Posts
March 16 2011 17:35 GMT
#171
Is there anyway to find out what progamers sensitivity is? I tried using 800DPI and 54 in sc2 but its too slow and if I increase my dpi to 1800 and put 51 in sc2 its too fast.
안녕하소~
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
March 16 2011 18:03 GMT
#172
On March 17 2011 02:35 Goodseed wrote:
Is there anyway to find out what progamers sensitivity is? I tried using 800DPI and 54 in sc2 but its too slow and if I increase my dpi to 1800 and put 51 in sc2 its too fast.

There are progamers with high sensitivity (Day9 back when he was gaming) and some with low (IdrA) and others with medium. If your mouse doesn't support anything in between 800 and 1800 and neither works for you, well, you might want to invest in a new mouse.

Like everything else, it's up to preference.
RukKus
Profile Joined October 2010
United States197 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 19:23:30
March 16 2011 18:51 GMT
#173
Oh no, oh no, oh no~!

I read a topic like this awhile back and set my Mouse Settings to what I thought was 6/11 because I thought 6 was 1 more notch than the middle...., but turned out it was 7/11!!! I trained for countless hours with this setting and 7/11 is what my muscle memory is used to. I use a G500 and have the DPI set to the middle setting (whatever that is). I have always noticed that when I barely move my mouse, it goes 1 pixel, 2 pixel, 1 pixel, 2 pixel. I thought that was normal. But now I switched it to the correct 6/11 (exactly in the middle -- my math sucks). Now yes, my mouse feels a lot smoother, but I have to move my mouse 1-7/8 inches to move from left to right side of the screen, whereas before I had to move it only 1-3/8, that's about a half-inch difference, nearly 25% adjustment! 25% is a LOT for muscle memory.

I want to train my mouse muscle memory properly, so it looks like I'll have to readjust my control panel settings to 6/11. What do you all suggest I do? And how does DPI work? I always assumed DPI did the exact same thing as Windows Control Panel... I assumed it skipped pixels. But testing my mouse on 6/11, I see that my highest DPI setting (there are 3 DPI options on the mouse) still maintains 1:1 pixel ratio, however it seems to move faster in general ... I'm assuming DPI = physical mouse sensitivity, ie being more sensitive to smaller movements?

So if I were to form all of that into a question it would be this: Should I go through the effort retraining my mouse to 6/11 -- if so, should I stick to the mid or high DPI? (For reference, at 6/11, the middle setting is slower than I'm used to, and the high DPI setting is faster than I'm used to, but they both are 1:1). I'm thinking I might retrain at highest DPI on 6/11...which looks to be a 0.75 inch scroll from left to right side of the screen... Anyone else have the G500 and know what I'm talking about??

EDIT/UPDATE!!!!
I fixed this problem by installing software that came with my mouse -- "SetPoint". I switched to Windows 6/11 pointer speed for 1:1 ratio, and then manually set my DPI until it was as close as it could be to what my muscles are already used to -- turns out it is 6/11 @1100 dpi. Before, it was 7/11 @800dpi. Now I get near identical precision, but without sacrificing pixels! Excellent! I am about 50 dpi off of identical precision, but it is a lot better than a 25% difference

God, I love my G500.
Micro... Kill Kill! Macro ... Build Build! ... Micro ... Kill Kill! Macro ... Build Build... Stim...RAAAAAGE!
emc
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3088 Posts
April 06 2011 08:57 GMT
#174
cool thread.

I use a MX518 and I have no drivers for the mouse but it utilizes DPI changing on the fly with two buttons on the mouse. I use the highest DPI setting which is 1 above middle, and 2 above lowest settings. I've found that 4/11 with the highest DPI setting that I use, is pretty much exactly equal to the mid DPI setting with 6/11. I'm not sure but I'm guessing that the lowest DPI setting with 8/11 or 9/11 may also be the same.

I hope this helps anyone if they use a MX518 or 510.
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
April 06 2011 08:58 GMT
#175
I remember this thread. It changed my life.
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
Clawlock
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia29 Posts
April 12 2011 12:25 GMT
#176
Anyone know where I can find my lost pixels? I'm worried about them out there all alone. o_O
I tried building a carrier once. It's still making..
Scrubington
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada475 Posts
April 12 2011 14:21 GMT
#177
On April 12 2011 21:25 Clawlock wrote:
Anyone know where I can find my lost pixels? I'm worried about them out there all alone. o_O


They're gone, man.
cerb
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany215 Posts
April 14 2011 05:08 GMT
#178
Mh, is it possible that Blizzard has changed the default value?

I had to reinstall StarCraft2 (because of a new PC) and after the installation I wanted to change the sensitivity again (I knew this thread before and so I wanted to set the sensitivity again between 51% and 54%).
Well, the default value was now 51% when I entered the menue for the first time and not 50% like it was set to on my old pc by default.
Did someone else recognized this, too?
alewares
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2 Posts
April 15 2011 16:41 GMT
#179
Does 51-54 Set it to 6/11 (EQUIVALENT SPEED as windows 6/11) or does it simply retain the 1:1 properties of 6/11?
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
April 15 2011 16:51 GMT
#180
On April 06 2011 17:57 emc wrote:
cool thread.

I use a MX518 and I have no drivers for the mouse but it utilizes DPI changing on the fly with two buttons on the mouse. I use the highest DPI setting which is 1 above middle, and 2 above lowest settings. I've found that 4/11 with the highest DPI setting that I use, is pretty much exactly equal to the mid DPI setting with 6/11. I'm not sure but I'm guessing that the lowest DPI setting with 8/11 or 9/11 may also be the same.

I hope this helps anyone if they use a MX518 or 510.



You don't want to be using anything above 6/11, as there is no way to guarantee no lost pixels

I personally like my mx518 at 800dpi 6/11
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft210
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft210
Nina 81
ViBE75
SpeCial 42
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 185
Noble 69
Hyuk 56
NaDa 35
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
League of Legends
Doublelift4636
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox307
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4862
Khaldor679
Other Games
summit1g8128
FrodaN1818
Coldzera 815
shahzam517
JimRising 385
C9.Mang0279
KnowMe201
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King50
PPMD32
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick675
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH352
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21206
Other Games
• imaqtpie794
• Shiphtur194
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 33m
Online Event
11h 33m
FEL
16h 33m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 33m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 33m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.