• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:28
CEST 10:28
KST 17:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11145 users

Mouse sensitivity of 6/11 is not 50% - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Krasso
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark74 Posts
April 17 2011 11:38 GMT
#181
Hi! Awesome poset, it really cleared out some stuff.

Although, im a bit confused by one thing. I use 11/11 as my windows sensitivity, because having a fast mouse sensitivity and being able to control is the best for RTS in my head.

"8/11 is not as bad as 7/11 or 9/11, and definitely 11/11", i would like to know, why it is, that u think those exact numbers/notches are "bad". Thanks!
I could aim, but with this thing, i dont have to
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
April 17 2011 11:51 GMT
#182
On April 17 2011 20:38 Krasso wrote:
"8/11 is not as bad as 7/11 or 9/11, and definitely 11/11", i would like to know, why it is, that u think those exact numbers/notches are "bad". Thanks!


8/11 interprets one unit of mouse movement into 2 pixels of screen movement. It consistently skips one pixel. 7/11 is a 1.5x multiplier, and 9/11 is a 2.5x multiplier. However, you can't move half a pixel on the screen so sometimes 7/11 will move 1 pixel and sometimes 2. It's inconsistent. 11/11 is a 3.5x multiplier, which is also inconsistent and skips huge numbers of pixels. You're much better off buying a mouse with 3.5x your current mouse's DPI and playing at 6/11 for accuracy's sake.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
Krasso
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark74 Posts
April 17 2011 12:19 GMT
#183
Im playing with 11/11 and lowest DPI settings (1/3). (i dont know much, if anything about mice)

So you're saying im much better off by playing with 6/11 (or 8/11 if i want it faster) and then my highest DPI setting?

..and im guessing 10/11 is just a 3x multiplier?
I could aim, but with this thing, i dont have to
storm8ring3r
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany227 Posts
April 17 2011 12:22 GMT
#184
I'm glad this thread exists but I was wondering one thing. If I have my deathadder on 6/11 windows and highest DPI do I lose accuracy when I change the sensitivity on the razer driver? I did some trials in paint painting lines and it seems like it's still a 1:1 tracking, anyone know for certain what happens there?
follow chobopeon on twitter
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
April 17 2011 12:36 GMT
#185
On April 17 2011 21:19 Krasso wrote:
Im playing with 11/11 and lowest DPI settings (1/3). (i dont know much, if anything about mice)

So you're saying im much better off by playing with 6/11 (or 8/11 if i want it faster) and then my highest DPI setting?

..and im guessing 10/11 is just a 3x multiplier?


Yes and yes.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
alewares
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2 Posts
April 19 2011 07:42 GMT
#186
Does 51-54 Set it to 6/11 (EQUIVALENT SPEED as windows 6/11) or does it simply retain the 1:1 properties of 6/11?
legatus legionis
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands559 Posts
April 19 2011 07:54 GMT
#187
On April 17 2011 21:22 storm8ring3r wrote:
I'm glad this thread exists but I was wondering one thing. If I have my deathadder on 6/11 windows and highest DPI do I lose accuracy when I change the sensitivity on the razer driver? I did some trials in paint painting lines and it seems like it's still a 1:1 tracking, anyone know for certain what happens there?


Which way do you change it? If you want to change your sensitivity down it might be advisible to do this via the DPI. Lowering the DPI to suit your sensitivity is generally the best. If you want a higher sens you are already capped on DPI so you'd have to do this with the software settings anyway.
And then we aren't even taking into account that DPI should actually be pretty low because if your more mouse is more precise, every little bump will get noticed and make your cursor really jiggely and thus inaccurate, you want stability so lower DPI is generally the most desired.
But you could make an argument for personal preference, if you are already comfortable and don't want to swap or don't like it when you swap etc.


On April 19 2011 16:42 alewares wrote:
Does 51-54 Set it to 6/11 (EQUIVALENT SPEED as windows 6/11) or does it simply retain the 1:1 properties of 6/11?


I believe it retains the 1:1 properties, where it doesn't modify the input again by accounting for the scaling of the sensitivity.
I think the speed, as in the feeling is gonna depend on the resolution. If your desktop is in 1920x1200 but you game in 1200x800 then I feel like the speed is gonna differ but if the resolutions are the same, I see no reason not to conclude the speed will be the same, apart from needing to actually try it out to be sure.
Wolverick
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada13 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 17:40:18
April 19 2011 17:39 GMT
#188
What if I have windows at 6/11, sc2 at 51%, logitech setpoint 4/11 with 1600 dpi? Is my setup alright with a 1:1 ratio?
shut'er down
euroboy
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden536 Posts
April 21 2011 15:17 GMT
#189
I read this thread a while ago and after that I always had the sens at like 81%. But then I remembered this last part, about the 1:1 pixel ratio. I knew my mouse would go 1 step higher in DPI, but I never really bothered about it, so I lowered windows sens to 6/11 and raised the DPI. Man what a difference! Everything is so smooth! I have never been fully comfortable with my mouse sens and I could never find the right sens in both SC2 and Quakelive. Now I'm in full control, gibbing everything~
noproblem
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom161 Posts
May 07 2011 13:19 GMT
#190
I am getting no missed pixels in Windows but in Starcraft II I am getting lots of missed pixels using the mouse recording tool.

Any ideas?

Logitech G5 (no weights), SetPoint 5.10.9
6/11
No accel
SCII Sensitivity 54%, windowed mode full screen
Logitech drivers, 2000 dpi, 1000Mhz CPU polling rate
1900x1200

I wish SC2 wouldn't override windows and I wouldn't have this problem...
(╯°□°)╯︵ du
Gunman_csz
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United Arab Emirates492 Posts
May 07 2011 13:28 GMT
#191
On May 07 2011 22:19 noproblem wrote:
I am getting no missed pixels in Windows but in Starcraft II I am getting lots of missed pixels using the mouse recording tool.

Any ideas?

Logitech G5 (no weights), SetPoint 5.10.9
6/11
No accel
SCII Sensitivity 54%, windowed mode full screen
Logitech drivers, 2000 dpi, 1000Mhz CPU polling rate
1900x1200

I wish SC2 wouldn't override windows and I wouldn't have this problem...


everybody should be getting red pixels. after the last patch the settings at (51-54percent) are no longer being saved in the variable file. hence you have change it to 51-54percent every single time before you open sc2.
Began Starcraft journey on 5th May 2009
hpTheGreat
Profile Joined August 2010
United States173 Posts
May 07 2011 13:51 GMT
#192
If I undrestood this correctly.

For the most precision you should have a 1:1 relationship between your windows sensitivity and your starcraft sensitivity. The thread doesnt say set your windows sensitivity to 6/11 and the starcraft one to 51-54% .
What it does say however is that whatever sensitivity you have for windows you should multiply it by 9.090909090...

So if you have 7/11 in windows that is 7 * 9.0909090 = 63.63 and so you should set your Starcraft sensitivity anyways from 61 to 64 because they are essentially the same thing.

OKay, bye.
noproblem
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom161 Posts
May 07 2011 14:06 GMT
#193
What?
(╯°□°)╯︵ du
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-07 15:58:11
May 07 2011 15:55 GMT
#194
Well, so by fiddling around with the mouse motion recorder, with 94% sc2 sens it gives a 1:3 ratio.
So like the mouse movement is 2x-1 but pointer movement is 6x -3. So this just means instead of moving 1 pixel it moves 3, right? Is the only drawback to this just how it skips a few pixels? The ratio is constant so the motion would be constant, and on my 2550 pixel wide screen is that really very noticeable compared to a true 1:1? Or are the 2 drastically different and i dont understand?
Beardfish
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States525 Posts
May 07 2011 18:23 GMT
#195
On May 07 2011 22:28 Gunman_csz wrote:
everybody should be getting red pixels. after the last patch the settings at (51-54percent) are no longer being saved in the variable file. hence you have change it to 51-54percent every single time before you open sc2.

Can you please elaborate?
Gunman_csz
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United Arab Emirates492 Posts
May 07 2011 22:13 GMT
#196
On May 08 2011 03:23 Beardfish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2011 22:28 Gunman_csz wrote:
everybody should be getting red pixels. after the last patch the settings at (51-54percent) are no longer being saved in the variable file. hence you have change it to 51-54percent every single time before you open sc2.

Can you please elaborate?


Well before you set the sensitivity at 51,52,53, or 54 percent in either the variable file or through the menu to get the true 50:50, but now it doesn't work because even if you have them set to those specific numbers the sc2 client just rounds them up to decimal after every restart. for-example 51 will turn into 51.3334, which is not what you want !

The only solution is to manually enter 51-54 in the variable before opening sc2 client, because once you close the client the settings get rounded to decimals.
Began Starcraft journey on 5th May 2009
noproblem
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom161 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-07 22:54:49
May 07 2011 22:51 GMT
#197
On May 08 2011 07:13 Gunman_csz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 03:23 Beardfish wrote:
On May 07 2011 22:28 Gunman_csz wrote:
everybody should be getting red pixels. after the last patch the settings at (51-54percent) are no longer being saved in the variable file. hence you have change it to 51-54percent every single time before you open sc2.

Can you please elaborate?


Well before you set the sensitivity at 51,52,53, or 54 percent in either the variable file or through the menu to get the true 50:50, but now it doesn't work because even if you have them set to those specific numbers the sc2 client just rounds them up to decimal after every restart. for-example 51 will turn into 51.3334, which is not what you want !

The only solution is to manually enter 51-54 in the variable before opening sc2 client, because once you close the client the settings get rounded to decimals.


Interesting. What is the file called and the variable name?

Edit: Nevermind found it! Thanks for the help man.
(╯°□°)╯︵ du
noproblem
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom161 Posts
May 08 2011 14:01 GMT
#198
Okay I have tested it out trying out 51~54% and I am still getting red in SC2 despite pre-altering the mousesensitivity variable in the Settings.txt file, but no green. Any more ideas?
(╯°□°)╯︵ du
Gunman_csz
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United Arab Emirates492 Posts
May 08 2011 15:57 GMT
#199
On May 08 2011 23:01 noproblem wrote:
Okay I have tested it out trying out 51~54% and I am still getting red in SC2 despite pre-altering the mousesensitivity variable in the Settings.txt file, but no green. Any more ideas?


Well then it has to do with your mouse settings or windows settings.
Make sure you uncheck "enhanced pointer precision" in control panel.
Make sure anything labeled "acceleration" is disabled in you mouse program.
Began Starcraft journey on 5th May 2009
noproblem
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom161 Posts
May 08 2011 19:35 GMT
#200
On May 09 2011 00:57 Gunman_csz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 23:01 noproblem wrote:
Okay I have tested it out trying out 51~54% and I am still getting red in SC2 despite pre-altering the mousesensitivity variable in the Settings.txt file, but no green. Any more ideas?


Well then it has to do with your mouse settings or windows settings.
Make sure you uncheck "enhanced pointer precision" in control panel.
Make sure anything labeled "acceleration" is disabled in you mouse program.


Sigh...

Nope it isn't this as I have previously mentioned in my posts above I have I don't have any accel and I am getting no missed pixels at all in Windows, so it isn't my mouse settings or Windows settings..

Anything else?
(╯°□°)╯︵ du
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 833
Larva 515
ggaemo 443
Stork 293
Leta 182
PianO 142
Mind 96
Killer 40
Hyuk 29
Bale 27
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 23
yabsab 19
League of Legends
JimRising 399
Reynor96
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1106
Other Games
summit1g10516
C9.Mang0250
Sick202
Mew2King123
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick565
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2337
League of Legends
• Stunt1468
• Jankos829
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 32m
Online Event
2h 32m
FEL
7h 32m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 32m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.