• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:49
CEST 21:49
KST 04:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8891 users

Mouse sensitivity of 6/11 is not 50% - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next All
BigHeadYoony
Profile Joined November 2010
United States92 Posts
August 10 2011 08:31 GMT
#221
I don't understand anything but I already have 6/11 windows and 53% in starcraft2

but my deathadder has 3500dpi and i'm using 1800dpi... is that a problem?
Intel Core i7 2600 / EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked / Corsair DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4GB) RAM / MSI P8P67 Motherboard / Kingston 120GB SSD / Western Digital Blue Caviar 1TB HDD
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 08:32:58
August 10 2011 08:32 GMT
#222
On August 10 2011 17:31 yoonshik95 wrote:
I don't understand anything but I already have 6/11 windows and 53% in starcraft2

but my deathadder has 3500dpi and i'm using 1800dpi... is that a problem?

Nope. If it works for you it's fine.
BigHeadYoony
Profile Joined November 2010
United States92 Posts
August 15 2011 22:41 GMT
#223
On August 10 2011 17:32 KeksX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 17:31 yoonshik95 wrote:
I don't understand anything but I already have 6/11 windows and 53% in starcraft2

but my deathadder has 3500dpi and i'm using 1800dpi... is that a problem?

Nope. If it works for you it's fine.


Thank you kind sir
Intel Core i7 2600 / EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked / Corsair DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4GB) RAM / MSI P8P67 Motherboard / Kingston 120GB SSD / Western Digital Blue Caviar 1TB HDD
tribbe
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany34 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 02:10:07
August 22 2011 02:21 GMT
#224
I don't know how much the sensitivity affects gameplay at all on the highest levels of play. But something made me QQ today on LiquidRet's stream: he said, that he has set his mouse sensitivity at about 38% in SC2 and far below 6/11 in Windows. In addition he said, that it makes no difference at all, where the slider has been set.

So dear progamers, how awesome would it be, if you wouldn't fool you muscle memory with "bad" pixel ratios. Given the time I think that readjusting the mouse would boost your micro even more to an unbelievable level.

No offense at all - ♥ to OP.
Mechs: TTesport's Meka G1 (black), DAS Keyboard Ultimate (blue), Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (brown)
T0fuuu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia2275 Posts
September 01 2011 08:04 GMT
#225
Uh so i tried i fiddling with it again today. My mx518 1600dpi feels closest to 8/11 windows with about 74 ingame.
Is that right?
Perscienter
Profile Joined June 2010
957 Posts
September 02 2011 15:40 GMT
#226
Someone should tell Blizzard to fix the slider.
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
September 23 2011 16:16 GMT
#227
this is actually pretty helpful, glad i found this thanks :D
Beardfish
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States525 Posts
September 23 2011 16:21 GMT
#228
On September 24 2011 01:16 JiYan wrote:
this is actually pretty helpful, glad i found this thanks :D

With the most recent patch you can just disable the in-game sensitivity and set Windows' slider to 6/11.
perestain
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany308 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-23 17:31:00
September 23 2011 17:28 GMT
#229
On November 02 2010 14:22 rolled64 wrote:
So if you're below 1:1 you lose pixels (and therefore precision) because your cursor moves less than your physical mouse, and if you're above 6/11 (1:1) you also lose precision due to artificial generation of movement? This is the reasoning behind the theoretical 1:1 perfection point?



If you're below 6/11 its the same as using a mouse with less dpi. You're not losing precision, since you're not skipping any pixels, the cursor only moves slower.

If you're above 6/11 is the same as using a mouse with more dpi, just that the missing tracking information that your mouse cannot provide has to be interpolated by the software. You will lose precision, its possible that some pixels on the screen cannot be reached exactly, depending on resolution.


Just remember that dpi does not equal mouse precision in a way that you will be able to have better accuracy. Either you can reach all pixels with your mouse, in which case the mouse is precise, or you can't, in which case your mouse has not enough dpi for your preferred cursor speed at your resolution.

But getting a mouse with more dpi will never improve your mouse precision at all unless your comfort zone is currently above 6/11. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense wanting to have more dpi from your mouse since you will have to throw all the tracking information away anyways in order to get a reasonable cursor speed at your resolution. Much more important than dpi is the quality of the sensor (error rate, positive or negative acceleration).

Unfortunately, mice are usually marketed trying to trick customers into thinking that more dpi will bring more gaming precision, which is complete bullshit at standard resolutions. Just move your mouse an inch, and count the number of pixels that your cursor moved. Each dpi more that your mouse collects is wasted.


a very well resarched article on mouse performance can be found here. Its a bit older though, but I bet theres a reason that a lot of pro fps players still use some of the popular models shown there:
http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1265679
No matter how hot it gets, sooner or later there's a cool breeze coming in.
Minored
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil88 Posts
September 23 2011 18:40 GMT
#230
thanks for that, i was configuring my mouse all wrong =P

had like 1800 dpi, and high % in SC, now i just changed to 51% and im using 4000 dpi
go ahead, make my day.
cyclone25
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Romania3344 Posts
October 01 2011 17:44 GMT
#231
On September 24 2011 03:40 Minored wrote:
thanks for that, i was configuring my mouse all wrong =P

had like 1800 dpi, and high % in SC, now i just changed to 51% and im using 4000 dpi


I don't understand how it's possible to play with such high DPI.
I've recently got a Steelseries Xai where you can choose the exact DPI (they call it CPI - Counts Per Inch, which I think it's the same), and anything above 700 seems too fast to control my units properly. I have SC2 sensitivity disabled and 6/11 on windows.

Players known for top micro like Happy or SaSe also use extremely low sensitivity (I saw them with large mouse movements on their mousepads).

So why do some of you use such high DPI?
Am I right when I say that higher DPI means less control over the mouse?
I'm not a mouse expert so I'm curious to see what others think ^^
Serashin
Profile Joined November 2010
235 Posts
October 01 2011 18:01 GMT
#232
the question of cyclone seriusly i never had this one answered myself , but for example Hanfy a GM Zerg with superp micro said that he has more then 80 % as setting.

I personaly prefer that much of speed that i dont have to move my hand and only have to move for 1 screen max exact to the point before i have to move my hand.
But my avg apm combined with mouse movement is 90 so u better give shit about those 3 lines.

Huk / Thorzain / Jinro and some more people who sometimes in TL post and have good micro might help in this unanswered area out.
There are to many targets , and i smile everytime they try to defend and thinking they are smart.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
October 01 2011 18:54 GMT
#233
There is no secret answer to cyclone25's question. If you can navigate to every point on your screen without problems, everything is alright. There is nothing special to understand about different mouse DPI and sensitivity for different people. If it works comfortably, fast and accurately for someone, there is nothing wrong.

For myself, I know I can play with higher DPI, but my accuracy suffers if I am agitated while not having slept or eaten enough. This was a big problem when I had to play in clan-wars and on LAN tournaments in FPS games, because you cannot just skip playing if you have a day where your mouse aim is shit. So I use a lower DPI than what would actually be most comfortable for me. Originally I also used acceleration, because that felt most comfortable, but dropped it for the same reason.

I know my friends did not have that problem as bad as me, and I was alone with my much lower sensitivity settings. Everyone experimented and practiced a lot for years to get to their best mouse aim possible, and this just naturally resulted in vastly different settings for each person.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Flamm
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany36 Posts
October 09 2011 13:10 GMT
#234
How do the razer tools affect that all?
Do they even overwrite SC2 mouse speed?
miky505
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1 Post
October 10 2011 17:29 GMT
#235
So how Do you change your Windows mouse settings?
Acceptance is Agony, Denial is Death
Teeky
Profile Joined October 2010
United States84 Posts
November 01 2011 23:27 GMT
#236
On October 11 2011 02:29 miky505 wrote:
So how Do you change your Windows mouse settings?

Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options
-----

Question!

I have a logitech G500 running at max DPI (5600, I think) and I'm only using 2 in windows speed, and 14% in Starcraft 2. This equates to a slow speed, which I like, but my friend would tell me it was also one of the most accurate configurations because of the low windows/high DPI.

Is it certain that if I were to use 6 in windows, 51% in SC2 and a DPI setting that matched my liking, I would be more accurate? Thanks!
Hydras are so bad your opponent wants them to stay alive. - Idra, 2011
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 23:41:20
November 01 2011 23:34 GMT
#237
On November 02 2011 08:27 Teeky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 02:29 miky505 wrote:
So how Do you change your Windows mouse settings?

Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options
-----

Question!

I have a logitech G500 running at max DPI (5600, I think) and I'm only using 2 in windows speed, and 14% in Starcraft 2. This equates to a slow speed, which I like, but my friend would tell me it was also one of the most accurate configurations because of the low windows/high DPI.

Is it certain that if I were to use 6 in windows, 51% in SC2 and a DPI setting that matched my liking, I would be more accurate? Thanks!



Yes...


Also, people are saying that anything below 6/11 is fine too, but that is not the case, at 5/11 for example windows will read 111011101110 for movement (or something very similar) when you are actuly moving 111111111111, making your movement inconsistent.

4/11 will just read 101010101010 so it is fine, 3/11 too is half of that and still consistent


not sure of other settings but i know 5/11, 7/11 and 11/11 are all inconsistent (besides >6/11 interpolation)
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Teeky
Profile Joined October 2010
United States84 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 23:42:51
November 01 2011 23:41 GMT
#238
I really appreciate the reply, Cyro. So my issue isn't nearly so much windows settings as DPI mouse settings, I guess. I thought DPI ~ precision all this time, and struggled to find a way to make windows/sc2 compensate for keeping it at its highest to play as accurately as possible.
Hydras are so bad your opponent wants them to stay alive. - Idra, 2011
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 23:54:23
November 01 2011 23:45 GMT
#239
On November 02 2011 08:41 Teeky wrote:
I really appreciate the reply, Cyro. So my issue isn't nearly so much windows settings as DPI mouse settings, I guess. I thought DPI ~ precision all this time, and struggled to find a way to make windows/sc2 compensate for keeping it at its highest to play as accurately as possible.



DPI is irrelevant to precision in starcraft and most other stuff (some FPS games it is relevant for, but really not important)


Put windows sens on 6/11, disable enhanced pointer precision, sc2 ingame sens off and just lower/raise dpi until you are comfortable


With those settings and for example 1000 dpi, for every inch you move your mouse your cursor will move 1000 pixels, having higher dpi doesnt magically make you able to move more accuratly at the same sensitivity in a normal interface (for FPS games, you can turn in degrees, with a lot of engines you can turn ex 0.1 degrees if you use high enough dpi, but there really is no notable difference between 800dpi and 5x sensitivity in the FPS engine and just 4000dpi, @800dpi you are still registering 800 notches per inch of mouse movement, with low sens you can turn ~0.3 degrees no problem)
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
LaM
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States1321 Posts
November 01 2011 23:53 GMT
#240
None of this will make a difference in your play. I played competitive CS for years and can't tell you how many times I diddled with mouse settings for the 'perfect' sensitivity. Just stick with what you know, it's fine.
Anything is Possible
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason78
BRAT_OK 72
Railgan 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17824
Mini 379
Dewaltoss 185
Hyuk 140
ggaemo 109
firebathero 106
ZZZero.O 77
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8267
febbydoto18
League of Legends
Doublelift1322
Counter-Strike
Fnx 603
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4437
Khaldor1262
crisheroes1099
Liquid`Hasu798
Other Games
summit1g3881
FrodaN2462
fl0m1108
Beastyqt846
mouzStarbuck332
KnowMe326
ArmadaUGS133
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1147
BasetradeTV191
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 114
• Adnapsc2 23
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 52
• 80smullet 22
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8240
Other Games
• imaqtpie820
• Shiphtur261
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 11m
INu's Battles
16h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 11m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.