• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:26
CEST 08:26
KST 15:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8420 users

Immortal/Warp gate hack - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 19 Next All
Teeny
Profile Joined March 2010
Austria885 Posts
September 08 2010 07:29 GMT
#121
Wow how awesome would it be to warp in every unit you tech to! Carriers, Collusus and everything!
But cheating just sucks and blizz should not wait to long to fix/do something about it.
Defrag
Profile Joined February 2010
Poland414 Posts
September 08 2010 07:39 GMT
#122
On September 08 2010 16:28 lololol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2010 16:26 dbddbddb wrote:
On September 08 2010 16:14 Bswhunter wrote:
This is the same bug that allowed burrowed infestors to NP.


this isnt a bug at all.. it's like if you could make hydras morph into hacked lurkers in the middle of a game..


It is a bug, you can't abuse it without an external program, but it's possible, because of an error on Blizzard's side.
Read my previous post for details.


And how you got that information?
picture2x
Profile Joined April 2010
Philippines36 Posts
September 08 2010 07:44 GMT
#123
I remembered in the mission Welcome to the Jungle in the campaign on brutal difficulty, the enemy is warping in colossus.
Half
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2554 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 07:53:29
September 08 2010 07:53 GMT
#124
On September 08 2010 16:39 Defrag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2010 16:28 lololol wrote:
On September 08 2010 16:26 dbddbddb wrote:
On September 08 2010 16:14 Bswhunter wrote:
This is the same bug that allowed burrowed infestors to NP.


this isnt a bug at all.. it's like if you could make hydras morph into hacked lurkers in the middle of a game..


It is a bug, you can't abuse it without an external program, but it's possible, because of an error on Blizzard's side.
Read my previous post for details.


And how you got that information?


Knowledge of SC2s data structure+Common Sense.

Honestly I could probably whip up this "hack" in 30 minutes :/. (Not saying I will).
Too Busy to Troll!
achacttn
Profile Joined July 2010
Australia82 Posts
September 08 2010 08:11 GMT
#125
Haha... did the immortals still cost 250/100 though?
ktimekiller
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States690 Posts
September 08 2010 08:14 GMT
#126
Reminds me of the Jab range hack using a notepad back in D2

Also editing a file as a notepad in Splinter Cell PT/CT to allow multiplayer spies to use grenade from their p90s.

lol...
Rokit5
Profile Joined April 2010
236 Posts
September 08 2010 08:14 GMT
#127
On September 08 2010 12:29 ShaperofDreams wrote:
wow this is so blatant, is it really worth 60$ to use this hack to beat a few people?


No its not but hackers will be hackers
UisTehSux
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States693 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 08:16:56
September 08 2010 08:15 GMT
#128
WOW! This hack is pretty crazy!

I hope he gets dealt with quickly along with the way this hack works. D:

*edit*

Saw the edits, he even admits it! :OO
I underestimated that boy. No... it was not the boy I underestimated, it was the Triforce of Courage.
opticalza
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand188 Posts
September 08 2010 08:17 GMT
#129
On September 08 2010 17:11 achacttn wrote:
Haha... did the immortals still cost 250/100 though?

Yeah, i watched the replay and they appeared to be costing him the normal price.
I may be mistaken on the exact numbers, but they certainly weren't free.
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
September 08 2010 08:19 GMT
#130
On September 08 2010 17:17 opticalza wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2010 17:11 achacttn wrote:
Haha... did the immortals still cost 250/100 though?

Yeah, i watched the replay and they appeared to be costing him the normal price.
I may be mistaken on the exact numbers, but they certainly weren't free.


I can confirm that it's exactly the same price.
I'll call Nada.
PaterSin
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany301 Posts
September 08 2010 08:19 GMT
#131
maybe its in the 1.1 patch :D and he got it somehow early

En Taro Tassadar
debeuker
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands33 Posts
September 08 2010 08:22 GMT
#132
but is it an actual hack (does he use a tool or something)? or is it an exploit/bug like floating drone?
yrag89
Profile Joined July 2008
Malaysia315 Posts
September 08 2010 08:26 GMT
#133
Funny screenshots. 2 base immortal hack vs 6 base.

secondly morrow is a korean pro who plays terran what the hell did you expect lol - charlie420247
kar1181
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom515 Posts
September 08 2010 08:26 GMT
#134
If Blizzard leave this in, I promise not to complain about Marauders being OP anymore.
opticalza
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand188 Posts
September 08 2010 08:27 GMT
#135
Most likely an external program that does a few memory edits which changes one of the other warp ins to point to the function to handle warping in immortals. eg button to warp in stalkers may change to the function which handles warping in immortals. This is not the exact case, but it would most likely be something along those lines.
pevergreen
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia252 Posts
September 08 2010 08:27 GMT
#136
I always had hard time vs Terran because the good ones (1000+ points) just kite my zealots or focus fire my stalkers. While Immortals are too slow to get into combat. These guys are better players than me, I have no clue how to deal with it just yet..

Let me say for the record that I didn't come up with the Immortal exploit, that was discovered by two other guys(simultaneously). Their name will remain anonymous but just take it from me, that the project as a whole is developed by a small team of guys who are just doing this for fun.

Here is a replay that does it justice. The replay is Protoss vs Protoss.

If you think I maphaxed, I didn't. As you could see in the bad replay(OP post) I had no idea the guys scv was still in my base ready to scout out my dark templars.

Anyway to solve all these problems I decided to use sentries.

This replay shows something I built for sentries so I can relax in my base and make Immortals while the enemy tries to get in. There is no maphax because I don't believe in it...

http://sc2.replayers.com/replays/view/3358

Sure there is a lot of haters out there and I really don't blame you for being a hater. I'm the opposite of you, but that is just the fact of life there is always going to be polar opposites. Pro-gamers and Pro-exploiters.

It makes sense to hate me because I tilt the games advantage for myself.. But there are other ways of looking at it.

For one this isn't public, and it never will be. All involved have been there and done that, we have no intention of ruining the game for everyone. Secondly we're not trying to keep it a massive secret, we don't care if you find out about what we discover, it's purely for entertainment. We are not trying to keep it a secret and sneak into some tournament league diminishing the integrity of the game, we are just playing as you do, with a few bent rules.

I guess if you have been hurt by warp'n immortals, on behalf of our small team, we're sorry. Just look on the bright side, not many people get to go up against these things.

Peace.


His post admitting it. Posted 1 hour ago here http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/48835680?page=3#48

Yes, on the official forums...
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
September 08 2010 08:32 GMT
#137
On September 08 2010 17:27 pevergreen wrote:
Show nested quote +
I always had hard time vs Terran because the good ones (1000+ points) just kite my zealots or focus fire my stalkers. While Immortals are too slow to get into combat. These guys are better players than me, I have no clue how to deal with it just yet..

Let me say for the record that I didn't come up with the Immortal exploit, that was discovered by two other guys(simultaneously). Their name will remain anonymous but just take it from me, that the project as a whole is developed by a small team of guys who are just doing this for fun.

Here is a replay that does it justice. The replay is Protoss vs Protoss.

If you think I maphaxed, I didn't. As you could see in the bad replay(OP post) I had no idea the guys scv was still in my base ready to scout out my dark templars.

Anyway to solve all these problems I decided to use sentries.

This replay shows something I built for sentries so I can relax in my base and make Immortals while the enemy tries to get in. There is no maphax because I don't believe in it...

http://sc2.replayers.com/replays/view/3358

Sure there is a lot of haters out there and I really don't blame you for being a hater. I'm the opposite of you, but that is just the fact of life there is always going to be polar opposites. Pro-gamers and Pro-exploiters.

It makes sense to hate me because I tilt the games advantage for myself.. But there are other ways of looking at it.

For one this isn't public, and it never will be. All involved have been there and done that, we have no intention of ruining the game for everyone. Secondly we're not trying to keep it a massive secret, we don't care if you find out about what we discover, it's purely for entertainment. We are not trying to keep it a secret and sneak into some tournament league diminishing the integrity of the game, we are just playing as you do, with a few bent rules.

I guess if you have been hurt by warp'n immortals, on behalf of our small team, we're sorry. Just look on the bright side, not many people get to go up against these things.

Peace.


His post admitting it. Posted 1 hour ago here http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/48835680?page=3#48

Yes, on the official forums...


So his excuse is "I only cheat on ladder?" What a douche.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 08:42:38
September 08 2010 08:41 GMT
#138
I use cheats as well, but only in official tournaments with money price.. (*sarcasm*)

By the looks of it, a lot of people on the US servers seems haunted by cheaters. Is there such a large amount already?. I have yet to meet one on the EU server myself tho.

EDIT: But warping in Immortals would be so awesome! Overpowered, yes, but awesome.
opticalza
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand188 Posts
September 08 2010 08:45 GMT
#139
On September 08 2010 17:41 Excludos wrote:
By the looks of it, a lot of people on the US servers seems haunted by cheaters. Is there such a large amount already?. I have yet to meet one on the EU server myself tho.

Remember, this happened on the SEA server. Though this has been my first run in with a hacker, i know some people who have come across them several times.
Dagobert
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Netherlands1858 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 09:00:59
September 08 2010 09:00 GMT
#140
Goodness, have you guys read this hacking idiot's most recent b.net post? The pathos is so disturbingly disgusting. Blergh.

+ Show Spoiler +
For your amusement I will respond one last time. To one judgment, one which pierces at the fabric of my character and perhaps others. It has molded me into what I have become, going back to my childhood days emailing hacks@blizzard.com like a kid energetically trying to fix something he does not truly understand.

While you were emailing Blizzard new units, story lines, spells, and game ideas. I was there in the corner of the library writing up my amazing ways to fix the cheat problem.

I'm sure out of all those who hack, I do not stand alone. We all at some point wanted to help. So raise the question legit-gamers, why are no hackers helping patch the exploits before they go public?

Hackers were left to mold our own path, Blizzard created the monsters you despise, us. They augmented and trained us with littered crumbs along a path. Assert routines,rtti,and string references. Blizzard finally removed a lot of those crumbs, but now we don't need them anymore. Blizzard gave us all the experience we'll ever needed to understand games, understand how they work - to find things.. and to pass on that knowledge.

We created our own communities, caves at the very edge of nowhere. Blizzard ignored our kind, they ignored us, even the good ones from the very day we existed.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 134
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2287
GuemChi 601
Leta 156
Bale 36
ajuk12(nOOB) 22
Noble 17
sSak 12
Icarus 10
Dota 2
febbydoto19
League of Legends
JimRising 621
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King193
Other Games
summit1g7675
C9.Mang0264
Happy179
Sick161
ViBE87
Trikslyr28
ceh90
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick483
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter146
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2204
League of Legends
• Lourlo1256
• Stunt454
Other Games
• Shiphtur496
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 34m
Patches Events
9h 34m
The PondCast
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.