• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:09
CEST 11:09
KST 18:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)32Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9077 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 253

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 251 252 253 254 255 2731 Next
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
November 21 2010 18:39 GMT
#5041
On November 22 2010 00:56 Copenap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 00:19 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
On November 21 2010 20:50 ironside wrote:
Ok so Incontrol is surprised that Select doesn't want to shake his hand.. Is this guy fucking simple? During the live show after mlg dallas he starts shouting about how select has a small penis and starts describing select being anally penetrated by other players.. to a stream thousands of people will watch.. and he expects select to show him any kind of respect? oh wow.
Mate I don't care how fucking funny you think you are, you are not going to get away with pulling crap like that on people you don't even know, keep it to your friends. Especially with someone from a different culture who could be doubly offended by that kind of thing.
Try showing a bit of respect and you might get some back.


YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS INCONTROL! I WILL GET YOUUUUUU

roflflfl


I don't think you have to justify youre comments to anyone here (except for probably Select) but I still would like you to hear your thoughts. Would you make the same comment again (I only mean the above mentioned comments, pointing out flaws in ones game such as using only one build is absolutly ok in my opinion) from your todays perspective? And can you atleast comprehend why someone could be offended by these comments?

On a less serious topic: I really love the podcast, keep up the great work! <3

Edit: To make it clear, if you want to leave this ongoing drama behind I don't think you have to make any more comments on this. Would be nice though, if you get things straight with Select.


InControl will probably NEVER understand why Select would be offended and we should probably let this one go.

The problem is that he would have to go all the way back to the first MLG cast, and listen to the whole thing from a fan perspective.

Let's put it this way: If Machine made it to second place in MLG DC, after playing like 10 or more elimination matches in a row on same day against some pretty baller protoss players, no one would have mentioned, or cared, that he used the same build over and over again. The entire narrative would be about how badass Machine was.

But it really doesn't matter. SOTG is an OPINION SHOW, and has no obligation to be objective at all. THAT'S WHY WE LIKE IT.


MisterFred
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2033 Posts
November 21 2010 18:52 GMT
#5042
As a fan I listened to that first podcast. And frankly, I agreed with Incontrol. And he said at the time it was an impressive showing. And frankly, he's right about using the same style game in and game out. I think FruitDealer suffered from this problem in GSL2. In GSL1 he used enough wacky builds on maps like Kulas that it wasn't until the semis/finals that even the announcers noticed he had a standard macro build he used most games.

By the time GSL2 had come out, that weaknesses of that build had been discovered. Same thing. And, in fact, I remember in the finals Artosis was saying that if HopeTorture could review the replays, he'd see how to attack FD's build.

But of course everyone with half a brain knows that's the same thing.
"The victor? Not the highest scoring, nor the best strategist, nor the best tactitian. The victor was he that was closest to the Tao of FFA." -.Praetor
-yoda
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada30 Posts
November 21 2010 19:38 GMT
#5043
I don't think iNcontroL did anything wrong really, most people would shrug it off. But Select is known to take things a tad bit too seriously. I remember watching a stream with a bunch of top players practicing together while on vent, and one guy asked if Selects girlfriend was hot and select got all pissed off saying shit like he doesnt consider the guy his friend anymore and will never talk to him again rofl. So yeah, if select took it as a joke like a normal person would, you negative nancys would of probably never said anything, so relax.

And iNcontroL keep being awesome!
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
November 21 2010 20:26 GMT
#5044
Incontrol has pushed that issue far over the top tbh. Anybody could've realized that the Select thing wasn't the sort of friendly banter like Artosis trash talking is, or mocking a German accent or GSL or whatever. I wouldn't have taken it as a joke at all if I were Select, but each to his own I guess.

From a gameplay analysis point of view, it was pretty bad as well. The guy did great at DC and what he did worked quite well. To nonchalantly concede Select did great once, but then go on a spree of how he'll suck so much in the future if he doesn't change what he's doing is plainly silly.

Ironically, the exact same thing could have been said about Idra after his victory in DC. In his case it was even more obvious and has proven to be true, ironically against Select as well.
Fa1nT
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3423 Posts
November 21 2010 20:34 GMT
#5045
It's funny, because nobody would still care about this whole thing if people didn't keep dragging it out on the forum.

then go on a spree of how he'll suck so much in the future if he doesn't change what he's doing is plainly silly.

How is saying that if someone doesn't stop playing one way will start to lose after a while wrong?

Ironically, the exact same thing could have been said about Idra after his victory in DC. In his case it was even more obvious and has proven to be true, ironically against Select as well.


Because of one loss? really.....?????
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 20:47:08
November 21 2010 20:45 GMT
#5046
On November 22 2010 05:34 Fa1nT wrote:
How is saying that if someone doesn't stop playing one way will start to lose after a while wrong?


I didn't say it was wrong, I said it was silly (well, I put that lightly).

Making a point out of that a day after somebody did fantastic in a tournament is irrelevant, makes no sense and reeks of somebody holding a grudge. Which is what I meant when I said silly.

On November 22 2010 05:34 Fa1nT wrote:
Because of one loss? really.....?????


One loss?

Zenio, Tyler, Nazgul, Select. Three of them in 2 top tournaments on the planet, one in a high profile showmatch (for a money prize if I remember correctly).

I'd say it's fairly accurate to say that he got completely rolled lately.

dcemuser
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3248 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 20:58:37
November 21 2010 20:50 GMT
#5047
On November 22 2010 05:45 Talin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 05:34 Fa1nT wrote:
Because of one loss? really.....?????


One loss?

Zenio, Tyler, Nazgul, Select. Three of them in 2 top tournaments on the planet, one in a high profile showmatch (for a money prize if I remember correctly).

I'd say it's fairly accurate to say that he got completely rolled lately.



Yeah, being the only foreigner in the world to make it to the Round of 16 in ANY GSL (during this so called spree of "rollage") and then getting Code S status (again only non-Korean Code S) means he's fucking horrible.

How can you say this stuff with a straight face?!

Losing to the top players in the world does NOT make you bad, or everyone playing the game would be bad.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 21:01:45
November 21 2010 20:59 GMT
#5048
On November 22 2010 05:50 dcemuser wrote:
Yeah, being the only foreigner in the world to make it to the Round of 16 in ANY GSL (during this so called spree of "rollage") and then getting Code S status (again only non-Korean Code S) means he's fucking horrible.

How can you say this crap with a straight face?!

Losing to the top players in the world does NOT make you bad, or everyone playing the game would be bad.


Who said anything about Idra being bad and terrible?

He got rolled nonetheless, and I very much doubt he considers the players he lost against to be "top players in the world" himself. Take that whichever way you want.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 21:37:34
November 21 2010 21:34 GMT
#5049
On November 22 2010 05:34 Fa1nT wrote:
It's funny, because nobody would still care about this whole thing if people didn't keep dragging it out on the forum.




Heeeeerrreee we go again!!!!!

To be honest, I love dragging this topic out. It can go in so many different directions!

Right now, it's gone in the 'InControl could say the same thing about IdrA' direction.

Which he has! Listen to the pre-MLG cast with (I think) IdrA and Psy, when they are discussing Huk's expected performance at GSL. Or the post MLG DC cast with most of Team EG, where he defends his comments about Select when Slasher raises the issue.



Applecakes
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia319 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 22:12:17
November 21 2010 22:11 GMT
#5050
You guys need to relax and lighten up. sotg and incontrol are hilarious. I guess the majority of people who enjoy the lighthearted vibe of the entire thing don't really post here. Or maybe their simple one lines posts of "i love the show" get lost in the sea of indignation and outrage. It's like tabloid news journalism. "think of the children incontrol!" takes up too much air time.

Keep on keeping guys. Look forward to next week's show. The longer the better!
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
November 21 2010 22:12 GMT
#5051
I love the casts, love Incontrol, he is a beast
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
Xeteh
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States589 Posts
November 21 2010 22:47 GMT
#5052
What do you guys think of the extended series?

loljk

I love listening to the podcasts every week, highly entertaining and its just cool to hear what progamers think of the progaming scene. iNcontroL and Day9 are hilarious, Tyler comes up with some great arguments even if you don't agree with them all. I think JP does a fantastic job putting this together and keeping the pace going (even if they get stuck on tangents at times, its what makes it entertaining).

Either way, I always look forward to a new SotG. Thanks for the work you guys put in.
Fa1nT
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3423 Posts
November 21 2010 22:49 GMT
#5053
Another Topic for tuesday, JP

TorcH in ST

MLG changes

Dreamhack predictions, etc
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
November 21 2010 23:55 GMT
#5054
let me just take a stab at giving you guys some actual insight so maybe some people can stop being retarded.

Select was butt hurt BEFORE the lo3 drunk cast. He was butt hurt because 100000000000% of miscommunication. He wasn't butt hurt because he listened to the cast and went "zomg, someone has something negative to say about my play?!??!!?" he was told by a dozen different people that I was sitting on a talk show shit talking him. Because fucktards all over te internet heard me say what I did and interpreted it that way. Now I implore any/everyone to go listen to that first cast and come back here and actually say that was in fact what I was doing. Defacer seems to have become my own little expert so I doubly implore him.

Now there is the issue of LO3. There may or may not have been alcohol involved. Does that make anything said ok? Nope. But them is the facts. Slasher trolled me IRL and was like "HEY GEOFF, WHATSUP WITH SELECT NOW BIATCH?" so I responded in kind and was obviously dramatic/over-the-top for his benefit. Since then I have seen Select and he was actually acting MORE ok with me than the "no hand shake" incident. So whatever. He has told several people he was proud of disrespecting me (I had NO fucking idea there was an attempt at such an act).

So to sum it up. If he's butthurt after LO3 for the LO3 I'd understand. I have my reasons for being silly but sure, he can be mad. Previous to that.. it'd be retarded and a shame. Moving forward I will continue to constructively criticize players if I think it fits. I have with Machine, IdrA and so on. I do it all the time. Sorry guys, it's something I've always done more people are just now hearing it.
Terrakin
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1440 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 00:05:09
November 22 2010 00:04 GMT
#5055
Dear iNcontrol,

Some people are just idiots, responding to them wont change their opinion ever, they already have it set in their minds that you are a hellspawn. I love you though <3
Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs.
Zingerac
Profile Joined July 2010
United States138 Posts
November 22 2010 00:07 GMT
#5056
iNcontroL,

You're the motherfucking man =D
So basically the difference between me and deezer is that I don't need to look at his stream to know what hes doing- Liquid'Ret
kuroshiro
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom378 Posts
November 22 2010 00:10 GMT
#5057
Sooooo... going back to the podcast. On the subject of DT's; I know this sounds crazy but I wonder if during Heart of the Swarm they could be given the blink upgrade (like zeratul in the campaign). The comparison with banshees in the last cast got me thinking about how to improve them and make them less 'one-shot' - with blink they could get out of a sticky situation much easier in order to be salvaged for a later battle or for archons, and make them compare better with the 'flying dts with range' (not that they have to, but hey, it's theorycrafting).

Now I know you're thinking 'imba imba!' but in fact it doesn't even make them as good as banshees yet, seeing as you'd need vision if you were trying to get into someones main up a cliff, and there'd be a cooldown, and they're not ranged and you couldn't use them over the empty space blizzard like to put behind your base.
i might email the question in for next round...
I am you, and you are me.
Raisauce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada864 Posts
November 22 2010 00:12 GMT
#5058
wtf, why do people act as if they got something shoved up their you know what. seriously, if you don't like what they have to say, don't listen to the podcast..simple as that.
Fake)Plants
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States373 Posts
November 22 2010 00:19 GMT
#5059
On November 22 2010 09:10 kuroshiro wrote:
Sooooo... going back to the podcast. On the subject of DT's; I know this sounds crazy but I wonder if during Heart of the Swarm they could be given the blink upgrade (like zeratul in the campaign). The comparison with banshees in the last cast got me thinking about how to improve them and make them less 'one-shot' - with blink they could get out of a sticky situation much easier in order to be salvaged for a later battle or for archons, and make them compare better with the 'flying dts with range' (not that they have to, but hey, it's theorycrafting).

Now I know you're thinking 'imba imba!' but in fact it doesn't even make them as good as banshees yet, seeing as you'd need vision if you were trying to get into someones main up a cliff, and there'd be a cooldown, and they're not ranged and you couldn't use them over the empty space blizzard like to put behind your base.
i might email the question in for next round...


I agree that it is an interesting idea for the DT to have Blink, but perhaps on a rather short range. In PvT, I can imagine that a blinking DT could get out of a Scan a bit too fast.

Either way, since Beta I have felt like the Dark Shrine is a really pointless building to require for DT's. Just make it the damn Templar Archives for both like BW.
Q( ' '(Q
bsman
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2 Posts
November 22 2010 00:22 GMT
#5060
As someone who HAS re-listened to the infamous "Select" podcast, it just makes me laugh to hear people even consider that Geoff crossed the line at some point. It was all in good fun and/or highly constructive and for the audience's edification. Butt hurt indeed all you good sirs.

SOTG is great, keep it up guys!
down the hatch
Prev 1 251 252 253 254 255 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 396
Hyuk 301
Leta 129
Shinee 103
actioN 96
ZerO 93
Zeus 75
soO 68
EffOrt 59
Bisu 54
[ Show more ]
Mong 53
Killer 46
Mind 41
ToSsGirL 30
sorry 29
Soma 28
Aegong 26
Bale 24
PianO 19
Light 18
HiyA 15
ZergMaN 14
JulyZerg 7
Noble 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
XcaliburYe118
League of Legends
JimRising 420
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss468
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1717
Other Games
gofns12666
summit1g8457
olofmeister1289
singsing1221
ceh9589
Happy361
crisheroes318
ArmadaUGS113
Livibee103
DeMusliM36
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick532
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream212
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH223
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2268
League of Legends
• Jankos1691
• Rush1383
• Stunt488
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
52m
OSC
3h 52m
Stellar Fest
3h 52m
OSC
14h 52m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.