• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:00
CEST 13:00
KST 20:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8059 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 254

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 252 253 254 255 256 2731 Next
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
November 22 2010 00:28 GMT
#5061
I have less respect for SelecT and won't be supporting him.

Honestly, I can't believe how immature and ridiculous he responded to this whole thing. What inC said was perfectly reasonable and politely stated.

I'm sorry but any criticism in which you include in the same sentence that the guy is a "fucking boss", if he wants to be upset about that then thats petty and ridiculous.

If he wants to be in this scene he needs to get used to the fact that people will be watching him closely, analysing his play and constructively criticising it. To refuse to shake someone's hand because they criticised an aspect of your play in a polite manner? Get off your high horse, please.
TedJustice
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1324 Posts
November 22 2010 00:31 GMT
#5062
I'm kind of surprised people still care about the select drama.

Putting aside whether or not InControl said anything bad about him, who cares? There's plenty of other more interesting things going on in the scene than gossip about what one player thinks about another.

I'm glad they don't devote much time to that stuff in the actual podcast. It's been a great listen so far.
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
November 22 2010 00:43 GMT
#5063
If you didn't already know, players always talk trash about other players. Its competition.

I remember reading a while back that players after Proleague always talk smack about the other players if they win/lose, just behind the cameras. The only difference now is that it's "public" but don't expect that everyones shaking hands, sharing germs, and making out when the cameras turn off.
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
chocopan
Profile Joined April 2010
Japan986 Posts
November 22 2010 00:49 GMT
#5064
Select Drama. Sorry can't help myself...

So look, I think the sad truth is a lot of people enjoy the soap opera elements of the pro scene. I read in another thread that it's common/expected in American professional sports for players to trash talk each other and that that's part of the fun of following a sport. I have no idea if this is really true or not - I've certainly read plenty of Americans here say that they hate BM and think it's all childish, so I don't know.

However. I think on reflection it's probably best for pro players - inasmuch as it is humanly possible - to go out of their way to avoid allowing us, the unwashed masses, who are baiting and trolling and hollering for "drama", mediate their professional relationships with each other.

Inc said some things, some objective commentary on Select's play, some jokes/"jokes" which were not related to his play. If Select hears Inc say something he wasn't, it's up to him to speak to Inc or Inc speak to Select and sort it out, if they can. Select -shouldn't- be listening to what any of us say about what Inc said - what do we know? And Inc shouldn't really be having to defend or justify himself to us.

TL and other fan places leap on any hint of BM or drama between players because it's human nature I guess to enjoy gossip and trade opinions and reveal secrets and so on. It's not a particularly edifying spectacle. I'd be sad to think though that TL in it's hunger for "outside the game action" is helping to aggravate tension between real people, all of whom, minimally, as professionals who take a sport we love very very seriously, deserve a certain baseline of respect.

Ok I hereby promise never to discuss this sort of thing again. : )

My 2c.
Dance those ultras
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
November 22 2010 00:54 GMT
#5065
Great show keep up the work I listen every week
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Gescom
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada3516 Posts
November 22 2010 01:07 GMT
#5066
On November 22 2010 09:54 ironwarrior wrote:
Great show keep up the work I listen every week

Just wanted to echo this!
Jaedong Hyuk || Bisu Jangbi || Fantasy Flash
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 02:28:22
November 22 2010 01:10 GMT
#5067
LOL.

I've listened to every podcast, in order, since the Idra and Psy episode. I've probably listened to each cast at least twice. I think it's pretty clear that I'm a big fan of the show.

I don't need to go back and listen to podcast. I know what InControl said, and the context in which he said it, partially because I have OCD, but partially because I have a very good memory.

Let's travel back in time, shall we!

Now I'm going to paraphrase here and go by memory. You guys can go ahead and listen to this podcast and call bullshit on me if you want. Go for it, man. I'm not doing your homework for you.

It's Saturday evening. IdrA just won MLG DC, and has joined the podcast along with InControl and Nony. Machine is there, and I believe Slasher is in the background -- he is restricted to one-word answers. JP asks Nony, who played against Select (and I think was eliminated by him) what it was like to play against him.

Before Nony can answer, InControl says:

"Select finished second. That's an amazing accomplishment, and you can't take anything away from him. GOOD JOB SELECT.

"BUT ...

"If he wants to continue to do well in the future he is going to have to change his build."

There's some banter, but at some point InControl says:

"His PVZ is FUCKING TERRIBLE."

JP mentions that Select wrote in-game that he didn't have much practice against zerg. Idra, in the background, says something like, "Yeah ... I can believe that ... ." (IdrA's referencing the lack of good Zergs on the NA ladder).

InControl interrupts: "WHO SAYS THAT? In the MIDDLE OF A GAME ... Does Roger Clemens go out to the pitcher's mound and say, I'm sorry, I didn't have time to practice BASEBALL?"

Or something like that.

Why is this controversial at all? Well, it isn't.

It's only interesting because it happened after Select had beaten a shitload of good Toss players to take 2nd at MLG. And it wasn't because of any 'cheese', or any spectacular play, Select simply outworked all of them. When the best Toss player in North America mothership rushes you because he's too lazy to try and win, than that says something about hard-working you are. So it's weird how instead of hearing about how Select won, the narrative that weekend was how one-dimensional his game play was.

For some reason, whenever someone pointed this out on the boards, instead of anyone actually discussing it, you would get a bunch of LimpBizkit-Jugaloo-type TL fanboys accusing people like me that I must "be a hater" or "an idiot" or "I can't take a joke" or even worse, that "I'm not a pro and they are so I should just listen to them and not have an opinion hardy har har."

I like SOTG. I like InControl and listening to his opinion. In this case he had a opinion about a player being one-dimensional. At that point, the conversation should have evolved into a discussion: is that really a bad thing? So are you saying that all the players he beat the weekend just hadn't solved that style? Isn't there merit in abusing a strategy if it works consistency? Couldn't a player like Idra be considered one-dimensional? Et Cetera.

Instead, it devolved. To InControl accusing FANS or accusing HIM of talking SHIT which he kind of DID but it wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be because TL JOCKRIDERS got all DEFENSIVE whenever anyone has an opinion that contradicts a player that they're GAY FOR so people respond and it all gets out of proportion.

IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIFE, FOLKS!





User was temp banned for this post.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
November 22 2010 01:19 GMT
#5068
On November 22 2010 09:49 chocopan wrote:


TL and other fan places leap on any hint of BM or drama between players because it's human nature I guess to enjoy gossip and trade opinions and reveal secrets and so on. It's not a particularly edifying spectacle. I'd be sad to think though that TL in it's hunger for "outside the game action" is helping to aggravate tension between real people, all of whom, minimally, as professionals who take a sport we love very very seriously, deserve a certain baseline of respect.

Ok I hereby promise never to discuss this sort of thing again. : )

My 2c.


Truth is, part of the reason I follow sports isn't for the game -- although obviously, that's a huge part -- it's the players. It's the reason I follow basketball, too.

I'm the type of guy that read's interviews with David Stern, or checked Lakers box scores to see how Kobe's trial was effecting his game, or know that Steve Nash can stand on a yoga ball straightup with-out hands.

It's the personalities that draw me to the sport.

But I agree that that baseline of respect is important. And if I'm ever disrespectful ... well, it was by accident. Everyone is an armchair quarterback: they not only have someone they root for, but ideas of how they can be better. It is probably mostly misguided, but it's part of being a fan.
fush
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada563 Posts
November 22 2010 01:41 GMT
#5069
Yea you summed it up pretty well Defacer, though I didn't think the cast should have been inclined to praise select the whole time despite how well he played or whatever... like you said, it's an opinion show and they say what they feel, which is the charm of it.

Basically TL fanboys, it's time to move on. (but I won't be holding my breath on that one)
Kyuki
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden1867 Posts
November 22 2010 01:50 GMT
#5070
I love what you guys do, thanks for bringing these awesome podcasts. I salute you all that are inolved!

Last episode was epic. I just missed that Sean wasnt in on the discussion about TvP/P units and lategame T units. I really think he disagrees about the zealot, and it'd be interesting to hear his opinion when you sit down like that and discuss it instead of hearing him talk about it alone in his room .

Mada Mada Dane
TyPsi5
Profile Joined May 2010
United States204 Posts
November 22 2010 01:57 GMT
#5071
This is worse than high school drama... who. fucking. cares.
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
November 22 2010 01:59 GMT
#5072
On the cast they said that pros don't like to look at threads about them because of the arseholes, even though the arseholes might be in the vast minority.

I respectfully disagree. This particular thread seems to be about 80% arsehole.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
November 22 2010 02:01 GMT
#5073
On November 22 2010 10:41 fush wrote:

Basically TL fanboys, it's time to move on. (but I won't be holding my breath on that one)


Agreed. And let me be the first to apologize to everyone for belabouring it.

I apologize.
Dystisis
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway713 Posts
November 22 2010 03:00 GMT
#5074
On November 22 2010 10:50 Kyuki wrote:
I love what you guys do, thanks for bringing these awesome podcasts. I salute you all that are inolved!

Last episode was epic. I just missed that Sean wasnt in on the discussion about TvP/P units and lategame T units. I really think he disagrees about the zealot, and it'd be interesting to hear his opinion when you sit down like that and discuss it instead of hearing him talk about it alone in his room .


Agreed, I also found it slightly disappointing that Sean didn't discuss with Tyler about his play, seeing as Day9 daily right before was actually about one of Tyler's games. Could have sparked some interesting discussions!
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
November 22 2010 04:18 GMT
#5075
On November 22 2010 12:00 Dystisis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 10:50 Kyuki wrote:
I love what you guys do, thanks for bringing these awesome podcasts. I salute you all that are inolved!

Last episode was epic. I just missed that Sean wasnt in on the discussion about TvP/P units and lategame T units. I really think he disagrees about the zealot, and it'd be interesting to hear his opinion when you sit down like that and discuss it instead of hearing him talk about it alone in his room .


Agreed, I also found it slightly disappointing that Sean didn't discuss with Tyler about his play, seeing as Day9 daily right before was actually about one of Tyler's games. Could have sparked some interesting discussions!


I remember Nony mentioning trying to use them with Warp Prisms if you have the extra minerals. Couldn't tell if he was being serious or not.

DonKey_
Profile Joined May 2010
Liechtenstein1356 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 04:28:37
November 22 2010 04:24 GMT
#5076
On November 22 2010 09:28 Subversion wrote:
I have less respect for SelecT and won't be supporting him.

Honestly, I can't believe how immature and ridiculous he responded to this whole thing. What inC said was perfectly reasonable and politely stated.

I'm sorry but any criticism in which you include in the same sentence that the guy is a "fucking boss", if he wants to be upset about that then thats petty and ridiculous.

If he wants to be in this scene he needs to get used to the fact that people will be watching him closely, analysing his play and constructively criticising it. To refuse to shake someone's hand because they criticised an aspect of your play in a polite manner? Get off your high horse, please.

TBH I don't think that's his personality; I think it's more of a cultural thing plus, your not taking into account that he could have never listened to the stream and only heard the hear say about it. ( All the bs posts from bronze league nubs who started this whole shit storm.)
`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
Butigroove
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Seychelles2061 Posts
November 22 2010 04:31 GMT
#5077
Great Podcast guys!

Who the fuck cares about the select bs, it was funny for like a day now i feel like the long posts are just troll trying to get a rise out of Geoff, can we just stop?
beach beers buds beezies b-b-b-baaanelings
AJ-
Profile Joined April 2010
United States316 Posts
November 22 2010 04:42 GMT
#5078
yo indrajit is totally Indian, not an Native American. i would've preferred an Indian parody
Polygamy
Profile Joined January 2010
Austria1114 Posts
November 22 2010 04:58 GMT
#5079
Its like this is fucking middle school, honestly can we act even slightly mature? Who cares if incontrol says good or bad things about other players, thats what makes the show interesting. There is no way I could get a trough a 2 hour podcast if everyone just kissed eachother's ass.
incontrol you're bad ass. All the people hating so much need to stop being so sensitive.
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
November 22 2010 06:26 GMT
#5080
On November 22 2010 13:42 AJ- wrote:
yo indrajit is totally Indian, not an Native American. i would've preferred an Indian parody

Yeah I can't wait! Indian accents and parodies thereof crack me up so much... and if done by Incontrol... it will be so good. Though you gotta admit his Native American parody was solid too.

Never stop, guys. Never stop being completely hilarious.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
Prev 1 252 253 254 255 256 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings31
CranKy Ducklings SOOP13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2749
Bisu 1027
Horang2 681
Jaedong 589
Hyuk 499
BeSt 446
actioN 289
firebathero 257
Light 238
Zeus 210
[ Show more ]
Stork 171
Leta 138
Soulkey 135
EffOrt 117
Last 101
Soma 96
ZerO 76
Mini 74
Sexy 68
Pusan 64
Rush 57
Mong 46
ggaemo 43
Killer 42
Mind 38
Aegong 36
Shinee 35
soO 28
hero 27
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 21
PianO 19
sorry 16
Sharp 16
Terrorterran 15
NaDa 14
Free 13
Yoon 12
JulyZerg 11
HiyA 10
Shine 9
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Snow 5
Dota 2
Dendi140
Fuzer 115
League of Legends
Reynor62
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1521
shoxiejesuss1243
x6flipin224
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1919
crisheroes553
Other Games
gofns42287
singsing1863
XBOCT330
DeMusliM190
Mew2King164
Livibee109
B2W.Neo101
ArmadaUGS74
QueenE54
Liquid`LucifroN16
ZerO(Twitch)12
Chillindude9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream291
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH321
• LUISG 40
• StrangeGG 10
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2365
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h
Stellar Fest
2h
OSC
13h
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
7 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.