• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:36
CEST 01:36
KST 08:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8528 users

Scared to Play - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
GreatFall
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1061 Posts
August 12 2010 20:24 GMT
#101
What I do is try to remember that the matchmaking system will eventually put me in the place I belong. If it puts me to high up in league, then I will work my way down to where I should be and if it puts me to low in league, well then I will wtfpwn people till I work my way up to where I should be! If you think about it that way you should reduce your fear of playing.

I get nervous myself but then I just tell myself that if I lose or win it doesn't really matter because based on my fundamental skill level I will be where I belong to be anyway.
Inventor of the 'Burning Tide' technique to quickly getting Outmatched Crusher achivement :D
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
August 12 2010 20:39 GMT
#102
I get really nervous when I'm on a win streak, because I'm thinking "How am I winning so much? I should lose one soon..." and I do lose one... Just be confident in your play and you will win.
133 221 333 123 111
fenster
Profile Joined July 2010
United States73 Posts
August 12 2010 20:40 GMT
#103
On August 12 2010 21:40 Boona wrote:
The proper way to ladder in SC2 is to after a win calmly check the stat screen a bit, look up your opponent to check his ladder rank etc, just collect yourself, then hit search again. When you lose, quickly rage quit (might wanna include some bm here) and mash your mouse button really fucking hard and fast on the multiplayer and search button while cussing out b.net 2 for being so god damn slow and ignore the replay and stat screen. It's worked for me so far, but I do get a lot of losing streaks...


LOL, that is the quintessential Starcraft player.

This happens to me as well, but as I've been playing more games each loss grows more and more insignificant and I generally feel less anxiety about playing matches. I'm now at about 70 games played and I don't really fear losing at all. In fact sometimes I'm glad I lost, because those games allow me to focus more on what I did wrong. When you win, sometimes it can be difficult to look at what you could have done to be better.

So my advice would be fight through it, it gets easier. Watching replays after your matches is great for calming yourself down and getting better at the game.
icydergosu
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
528 Posts
August 12 2010 20:43 GMT
#104
You need to be more like Rocky and less like Robert Balboa Jr.

I am the Punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
blackodd
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden451 Posts
August 12 2010 20:47 GMT
#105
All you need is love. really
For I am the Queen of Blades. And none shall ever dispute my rule, again...
bubusls
Profile Joined March 2010
Romania61 Posts
August 12 2010 20:53 GMT
#106
Damn, reading all these comments made me realize once again: this game is AWSOME. If it triggers such emotions, and impacts the human body and mind like that, it really must be GREAT. Oh , God bless gaming.
Could I use the term " lings " to refer to ducklings ?
Asdkmoga
Profile Joined May 2010
United States496 Posts
August 12 2010 20:53 GMT
#107
On August 13 2010 05:43 icydergosu wrote:
You need to be more like Rocky and less like Robert Balboa Jr.

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfXw-E7HUq8

anyone else find this oddly helpful?
"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action and over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some shit."
Zalias
Profile Joined June 2010
Lithuania79 Posts
August 12 2010 21:12 GMT
#108
Before seeing this topic, i thought i'm the only one with such problem "afraid to play quick matches" :D
-Desu-
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Turkey173 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-12 21:18:54
August 12 2010 21:16 GMT
#109
On August 12 2010 14:30 prOxi.swAMi wrote:
Nobody cares if you win or lose, you are nobody.

Repeat that to yourself 10000 times.

Then click find game.


This is best method.
And the super thing about this is if you became really somebody in sc2 scene you will keep your modesty, you won't be come an ego monster......

really try this.
checo
Profile Joined November 2008
Mexico1364 Posts
August 12 2010 21:21 GMT
#110
On August 13 2010 05:53 Asdkmoga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2010 05:43 icydergosu wrote:
You need to be more like Rocky and less like Robert Balboa Jr.

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfXw-E7HUq8

anyone else find this oddly helpful?


Yea watch this movie long time ago and didn't remeber that scene XD
El amor no mueve al mundo, ni hace brillar el sol, pero el amor hace latir este corazon....
DuneBug
Profile Joined April 2010
United States668 Posts
August 12 2010 21:40 GMT
#111
play 3v3's until it doesnt bother you as much.

seriously though i hate playing 1v1... I feel really bad when I win. Like guilty, for making the other guy lose. Well, not always.

friendly matches are different though.
TIME TO SAY GOODNIGHT BRO!
qazqwezxc
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada91 Posts
August 12 2010 21:43 GMT
#112
well if you go to jack astors enough (Canada or States) you'll find a very inspiring t-shirt where it says: "Your special, just like everyone else" now go play =) its just a game.
rifi
Profile Joined February 2010
United States74 Posts
August 12 2010 21:48 GMT
#113
A few days ago I had a 9 game losing streak, it trashed my record, going from 30-15 to 30-26. After that, I actually found it much easier to queue up because I no longer cared about my win ratio.
ZodiakLucien
Profile Joined August 2010
United States14 Posts
August 13 2010 01:13 GMT
#114
want to win, don't be afraid to lose
Wargizmo
Profile Joined March 2010
1237 Posts
August 13 2010 01:20 GMT
#115

I know the OPs pain all too well having experienced it through SC1 and Wc3, but it's way different with Starcraft2 because no matter how good you are the game will always even you out to around 50-60% win ratio, so unless you're in the top 0.1% of players who just beat everyone your record is going to get roughly the same amount of wins and losses no matter how well you play.
yesplz
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States295 Posts
August 13 2010 01:23 GMT
#116
Something I learned from playing HoN. Just play the game cause it's fun, not for stats/wins/whatever.
sNes.
Profile Joined June 2008
United States377 Posts
August 13 2010 01:33 GMT
#117
that rocky scene...made me cry...

now im #1 Diamond because i won while crying hysterically and eating smores
Heroes get remembered but Legends never die
Jenslyn87
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark527 Posts
August 13 2010 01:44 GMT
#118
I understand where you're coming from because I've felt that way exactly. It's all about protecting your ego. I would also get extremely frustrated with every loss, so if I didn't play, Iwouldn't get frustrated. I was just afraid to lose because my ego didn't like it ;-)

What helped me was realizing a couple of things

- You are the only one who gives a shit about your ranking.

- You are only afraid to lose because your ego makes you afraid so to speak. You need to just not give a shit about that and look at the game as a game, not as something to inflate your ego with.

Also, two techniques:

- Sit down one day and play a shitload of games. Just tell yourself that you will play for 4-6 hours straight 1v1 and just go for it. You will lose, and you will lose several times, but it will help loosen you up.

- Practice another race ON THE LADDEr. This helped me so much. I switched from Z to P just a few days ago, and I just said to hell with it, told everyone I was playing P now and just going directly on the ladder. You will get your ass kicked, but you won't care so much and you will begin to take your ladder score less seriously. This helped me tremendously

Hmmm, I wonder what terran is doiAAAAARGH BANSHEEEEES
SoL[9]
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Portugal1370 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 01:51:20
August 13 2010 01:50 GMT
#119


I dont need to say nothing more...
I Can Fly...
nayumi
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia6499 Posts
August 13 2010 02:00 GMT
#120
I got 5-0 in my placement matches, which put me into Gold. Then I kept on winning up until the point my record was like 18-3 or something. I thought I was all gosu and shit. Then when I got promoted to Platinum, things got ugly. Cheese, cheese everywhere! At first I was pretty frustrated when going on a losing streak (mostly due to stupid baneling burst or 4-gate all-in faggotry), to the point where I kinda stopped playing for couple of days. Then I achieved enlightenment "Real men don't quit, if you get cheesed, call them fags then f10+n and play another game". That's how I became an SC2 bonjwa.

+ Show Spoiler +
lol not really, i'm still stuck at plat around 60'ish but at least i don't mind losing any more ... and i say "gg" in every game no matter what are thrown at me ... actually i said fag once and lifted up my CC and flew it to the corner of the map and left for dinner because this toss canon rush me twice in a row ;( i knew it was all lame and shit but it felt fucking terrible back then I just couldn't help it
Sugoi monogatari onii-chan!
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 621
White-Ra 124
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever556
NeuroSwarm162
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe95
PPMD72
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8549
Liquid`Hasu1227
Trikslyr105
Other Games
summit1g8163
shahzam608
JimRising 415
C9.Mang0268
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick642
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream322
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 129
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 24m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.