• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:35
CEST 22:35
KST 05:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9510 users

Scared to Play - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
August 13 2010 16:58 GMT
#141
You learn by losing and watching your reps. You don't get better by beating everybody.
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
eH
Profile Joined May 2010
88 Posts
August 13 2010 17:01 GMT
#142
Some days I feel exactly the same, but once I play a game or two I get crazy into it, look up, and realize its now 4 in the morning.
ohaicami
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States103 Posts
August 16 2010 16:00 GMT
#143
On August 14 2010 02:01 eH wrote:
Some days I feel exactly the same, but once I play a game or two I get crazy into it, look up, and realize its now 4 in the morning.


Yep, then at that point, you're not so much afraid, but tired as fuck.
Appetitus Rationi Pareat - Cicero (Let your desires be ruled by reason.)
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
August 16 2010 16:04 GMT
#144
In regard to the "renaming news" by Blizzard.

This is another reason why I don't want people to be able to change their names all the time without any consequences or fee.
In Warcraft 3 I knew a shit ton of people who were afraid of playing especially because of their stats. So they ended up with literally 20+ Accounts with each ~20games.

Just try to get over it ;f
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
August 16 2010 16:04 GMT
#145
I was at the brink of madness :D
Lost 9 games in a row last night.
All due to stupid cheesing / lousy scouting from me.
After that I took a 1 hour break and just went through my mind all the wrong things I did and where I could have payed attention / done better.
After the break went on a 10 game winning streak.
Was almost affraid to play but I just put myself into playing but with a cool head.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 16:16:50
August 16 2010 16:15 GMT
#146
On August 13 2010 03:36 scott desu wrote:
I have this problem too, i just remind myself that my opponent will also be a human sitting in a chair in front of a computer screen. and they they will also only start with 6 workers and a base.


Lol this is so much win :D

I also play a lot less 1vs1s than multis, even if I'm the best of our group of friends xd

Btw this matchmaking is utter garbage, we are at silver at 4vs4 and sometimes we play gold/plat lol.
Revolutionist fan
JiSu
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)140 Posts
August 16 2010 16:18 GMT
#147
Listen to music while playing will help you out. It will calm you down and helps you make better decisions.

I used to be and sometimes like this too.. I know my ability surpasses my opponents, my macro/micro is better but sometimes my hands would shake and result in a misclick and get a loss.
gakkgakk
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Norway902 Posts
August 16 2010 16:21 GMT
#148
It also helps alot of you start playing tournaments. It will make ladder feel even more like practice before the big event, and it wont be so scary
A timing is a build done by a player you like. An allin is a build done by one you dont. -sOda~
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
August 16 2010 16:25 GMT
#149
I feel like this at night on ic when all the koreans are on hahaha
but for start2, i say just grow a pair and go for it.. this game doesnt get really hard till you hit diamond.. (then again, it depends on your skill level)
Jaedong.
GagnarTheUnruly
Profile Joined July 2010
United States655 Posts
August 16 2010 16:55 GMT
#150
I was scared to hit the button at first, too, but the first time is the hardest. You'll probably lose and then you just want to play again because you'll want to fix your mistakes.
Cofo
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1388 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 20:43:37
August 16 2010 17:08 GMT
#151
In the wise words of Nike, "Just Do It".

Just start playing as many games as possible. Not blindly, mind you; make sure you watch the replays and figure out what you did wrong/right so you get better. It might be shitty at first while you get used to it, but playing a lot of games is really the only way to get more comfortable doing so.
+ Show Spoiler +
groms
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1017 Posts
August 16 2010 17:30 GMT
#152
I used to have this problem as well so I just cheesed(and lost a bunch) some games until my record was terrible and I didn't care anymore.

Now I could care less about it and I've lost the fear of losing. I play random but my zerg play is so bad compared to T/P that I lose a good 60% of my zerg matches. I don't care b/c I am improving :D
I have a recurring dream that I'm running away from a terran player but the marauders keep slowing me down. - Artosis
Buffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden665 Posts
August 16 2010 17:35 GMT
#153
On August 12 2010 14:18 travis wrote:
dude, losing is how you improve

be a man! (even if you're a woman)

hahaha :D
Yes I am
monitz87
Profile Joined August 2010
16 Posts
August 16 2010 17:44 GMT
#154
this is pretty much the entire reason why I always play 2v2 or 3v3 instead of 1v1. I haven't been able to overcome this "fear" of playing 1v1, but I will try some of the things people have been saying in this thread
Touch me
-HellZerg-
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States409 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 17:49:17
August 16 2010 17:48 GMT
#155
Remember what Day[9] said? Don't turn your emotions into thoughts! Just focus on getting your timings and mechanics right; try to concentrate on every little detail that is going on in your games. Don't let your left hand sit idle on the keyboard; just think ahead and plan ahead what you need to do and execute them without worrying too much about them. Just think of your opponent as a super insane AI.
We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
August 16 2010 17:53 GMT
#156
I often think to myself, "what's the worst that could happen?" I can lose. That possibility should not govern my decision whether or not to play 1v1s.
Malminos
Profile Joined July 2010
United States321 Posts
August 16 2010 18:21 GMT
#157
On August 12 2010 14:14 InfiniteIce wrote:
relevant thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=135235

Also, JUST GO PLAY. Just say "fuck it".

Lose on purpose. Do something completely stupid. Just bunker rush, or proxy pylon, or offensive hatchery for 3 games.


This actually helped me early on. I was scared all through beta and then some time after release. Once i "accepted losing" and did dumb stuff, lost almost on purpose, the fear wore off. Sure, i get frustrated when im building up my 2nd hatch and protoss starts marching in with something that no army of zerglings could ever hope to handle, but it happens. Just get used to it. once you are over that hump, it gets a lot more fun.
"To dream of because become happiness "
-HellZerg-
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States409 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 19:14:45
August 16 2010 19:11 GMT
#158
On August 17 2010 02:53 AirbladeOrange wrote:
I often think to myself, "what's the worst that could happen?" I can lose. That possibility should not govern my decision whether or not to play 1v1s.


Yeah, I agree. As soon as you have those kinds of thoughts, your fingers slow down a bit and don't bring optimal level of mechanics to play your games as best as possible. Also, this may be one of those reasons why one player who had so many advantages over one's opponent loses in the end. I think it's important not to get too emotional when playing 1v1 ladder games. Just keep your head cool and focus on every detail in real-time meticulously.
We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle
AT_Tack
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany435 Posts
August 16 2010 19:16 GMT
#159
Battle.net takes care of you!
Just go play and if you have a bad streak bnet will give you total scrubs just to make u feel better and get some wins again. Its actually made so that everyone will end up around 55% win ratio so dont worry about losing!
backtoback
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1276 Posts
August 16 2010 20:31 GMT
#160
OP just switch to terran and you will be the one making them scared
that's what i did!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O95
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason94
Railgan 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16336
Dewaltoss 146
ggaemo 137
Hyuk 122
Mini 111
firebathero 97
ZZZero.O 95
Terrorterran 22
Dota 2
febbydoto50
League of Legends
Doublelift2711
Counter-Strike
Fnx 949
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5397
crisheroes971
Other Games
summit1g5521
FrodaN2646
fl0m960
Beastyqt847
mouzStarbuck446
KnowMe328
ArmadaUGS122
Mew2King56
ToD52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1174
BasetradeTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 103
• Adnapsc2 23
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• 80smullet 21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 11030
Other Games
• imaqtpie970
• Shiphtur210
• tFFMrPink 20
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 26m
INu's Battles
15h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 26m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 26m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.