• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:01
CEST 21:01
KST 04:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9545 users

[August] SC2 General Discussion - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 17 Next All
Alvas
Profile Joined August 2010
United States309 Posts
August 17 2010 04:04 GMT
#161
having a graphics problem that I need some advise on. I am running the game on a Macbook Pro, with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz processor
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Memory
Nvidia GeForce 9400M graphics card under PCI, Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT under PCIe

so basically I meet all the blizzard suggested Optimal settings. So, naturally, I tried to run the game on the High graphic settings. I decided that trying to run Ultra was stupid, so I just went with High. When I started the first campaign mission however, the FPS basically died so I was watching a series of pictures. As soon as the mission actually began, the game told me to lower my graphics settings or close applications to improve performace... except I was running basically nothing in the background. I didn't expect to have this problem with a rig that seems to meet blizzards standards. Any advice here?
Every bullet counts...
Wolfpox
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada164 Posts
August 17 2010 04:23 GMT
#162
I have a question for you guys:

When I'm playing, my Right Ctrl key will randomly stop working in the middle of a game, so I can't select units with it. It works to do other stuff (ie. Ctrl + Alt + Delete) so it's not the hardware. It seems to just be SCII.

Is anyone else having this issue?
[B] Butigroove wrote:[/B] Blizzard is double expanding to the natural gold base of our poor little nerd hearts.
t3tsubo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada682 Posts
August 17 2010 07:54 GMT
#163
Has anyone heard anything of the old OLD school foreign players and their thoughts on SC2? I'm talking about the likes of Grrr and Elky - the company of Don Nazgul.
.Scar
Profile Joined August 2010
United States6 Posts
August 17 2010 08:04 GMT
#164
Does anyone have a free guest pass. I really wanna join the starcraft community but I want to try the game first. If you have a spare, can you please send it to my email at: cubanito_305@hotmail.com
Thanks guys.
A professional at anything was once a beginner
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
August 17 2010 09:50 GMT
#165
As soon as the mission actually began, the game told me to lower my graphics settings or close applications to improve performace... except I was running basically nothing in the background. I didn't expect to have this problem with a rig that seems to meet blizzards standards. Any advice here?


could it be the paged pool memory problem? had the same thing, game ran smoothely for some seconds, then performanced dropped drastically; you can try setting it up manually, google for more infos
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
shlomo
Profile Joined May 2010
258 Posts
August 17 2010 12:09 GMT
#166
Bnet 2.0: better than LAN





except for when it's off -_-

Are we really going to get weekly "maintenance" like WoW? ffs... This isn't a mmo..
SKAR
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands137 Posts
August 17 2010 12:10 GMT
#167
Quick question,

I've been experiencing some crazy lag whenever I use a shift-queue command. (My game seems to freeze for 1 up to 3 seconds, while this is happening I sometimes hear a random beeping noise that goes on for about 10 seconds.)

For instance when I'm holding shift to spam infested terrans with an infestor, or when queueing a lot of move commands.

It also happens when I try to add more units to my selection by holding shift. The more units I add this way the more lag I seem to be getting. If i select all my units at once I don't get any lag at all.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

As far as I can remember shift-queueing worked fine for me in the beta.

By the way it has nothing to do with windows sticky-keys, I have them disabled and the beeping noise I'm hearing is nothing like it.
Solidus_315
Profile Joined January 2009
213 Posts
August 17 2010 13:16 GMT
#168
Don't know if this has been discussed before but

I checked the profile of people in my 2v2 Bronze division and they the number two and three are in 2v2 gold, wtf? Also, the matchmaking system always matches me against team that is favored, which probably because im in bronze, but i would like to play against other bronze players once in a while.
어헣↗ 어헣↗ 어헣↗ 어헣↗ 어헣↗ 어헣↗
Alvas
Profile Joined August 2010
United States309 Posts
August 17 2010 14:32 GMT
#169
On August 17 2010 18:50 sleepingdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
As soon as the mission actually began, the game told me to lower my graphics settings or close applications to improve performace... except I was running basically nothing in the background. I didn't expect to have this problem with a rig that seems to meet blizzards standards. Any advice here?


could it be the paged pool memory problem? had the same thing, game ran smoothely for some seconds, then performanced dropped drastically; you can try setting it up manually, google for more infos


it's possible, and not gonna lie, the game ran A LOT better once I closed Steam and a few other applications that were technically open (meaning they had been opened, but the actual windows had been closed) but it still wasn't perfect. The only way I can really fix that problem is by just closing the apps, since the fixes seem to be for Windows rigs only...
Every bullet counts...
EmperorPat
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4 Posts
August 17 2010 16:13 GMT
#170
Is the SC2 server in the us down right now? Ive been trying to play for like an hour and it wont let me connect. Really pissin me off cuz theres only so much time i can play. This hasnt happened before... Sorry if this shouldnt be posted here, I couldnt find a link to start a new thread.
All warfare is based on deception. -Sun Tzu- Art of War
borkbork
Profile Joined August 2010
1 Post
August 17 2010 16:14 GMT
#171
On August 02 2010 23:08 shannn wrote:
What I'm wondering and maybe some other informative TL user can explain me why there isn't any weekly maintenance like WoW. Don't get me wrong I like it if there are no long weekly scheduled maintenances like WoW has :p but I'd expect the same thing with sc2 or is it simply due to the fact that there isn't a huge playerbase yet?

Or is there a weekly schedule for maintenance's like wow on wednesday (for Europeans) and the week isn't over yet ?

Just wondering about it :D


Apples and oranges my friend.

Starcraft II is not an MMO game and it is not a database driven application. World of Warcraft has huge amounts of data stored in a database about each and every toon, guild, server, etc. Without the databases behind it, WoW could not exist. WoW will need to reindex those database tables on a regular basis. If they do not do this, then it takes the database longer to query information. This in turn introduces server-side lag to the game.

Starcraft II is not a persistent world, and it does not have to track every grey, white, blue, green and purple drop from the millions of mobs killed on 200+ servers by 11+ million players every day.

Here is a comparison that is probably pretty accurate: Both WoW and SCII are games. But that is where the similarity ends.

Think of WoW as a cruise liner. Lots of things to do, and it carries a lot of people at once. The cruise liner carries upwards of a thousadn people at a time. There are social activities and many many ways to entertain yourself. But it HAS to dock at port for fuel, food and maintenance. And every 5-10 years the entire ship needs a refit, all the anodes need replaced, barnacles scraped, etc. Refitting a cruise ship is very complex process and takes months of time, and millions of dollars.

Now think of Starcraft II as an 8 passenger minivan. It never has to dock, take on food, and it can fuel up and be ready to go in 5 minutes. An oil change takes 15 minutes. And entire engine change and overhaul will take a good mechanic 8 hours. You can only directly interact with 7 other people at once and you cant surf on the foredeck, eat a filet mingon cooked in the minivan, or play shuffleboard. There just isnt room for it.

Both cruise liner and minivan are vehicles. But both have radically different purposes and requirements.

Battlenet will have maintenance windows, but they will not be as involved or as intrusive as the WoW ones.

If you have ever owned a car, you know that the oil has to be changed to prevent damage to the vehicle. Complex computer applications are the same as any other machinery. Maintenance is required. The scope of the maintenance will always depend on the complexity of the application.
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
August 17 2010 16:17 GMT
#172
On August 16 2010 21:05 HTX wrote:
If you dont have any idea why are you banned i will give you a hint. Do the people above your post speak german?


Haha, advertising his beginner tournament on another site and asking for registrations.

Also totally the wrong forum XD

I warned him in German.
Moderator
Morayfire73
Profile Joined April 2010
United States298 Posts
August 17 2010 16:56 GMT
#173
On August 18 2010 01:13 EmperorPat wrote:
Is the SC2 server in the us down right now? Ive been trying to play for like an hour and it wont let me connect. Really pissin me off cuz theres only so much time i can play. This hasnt happened before... Sorry if this shouldnt be posted here, I couldnt find a link to start a new thread.

US is down. They are doing maintence. It says so right at login screen. Should be most every Tuesday.
[Insert witty comment here]
Alvas
Profile Joined August 2010
United States309 Posts
August 17 2010 18:19 GMT
#174
On August 18 2010 01:56 Morayfire73 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2010 01:13 EmperorPat wrote:
Is the SC2 server in the us down right now? Ive been trying to play for like an hour and it wont let me connect. Really pissin me off cuz theres only so much time i can play. This hasnt happened before... Sorry if this shouldnt be posted here, I couldnt find a link to start a new thread.

US is down. They are doing maintence. It says so right at login screen. Should be most every Tuesday.


they do the same thing with WoW... honestly, at least they take the time to do constant maintenance
Every bullet counts...
Hikari
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
1914 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-17 22:29:33
August 17 2010 22:20 GMT
#175
US servers still down? My client crashes whenever i try to log in and couldnt fetch the patch. Can someone upload the patch somewhere?

Edit: issue solved. My IE (which I never use) was set to work offline -.-
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
August 18 2010 02:32 GMT
#176
I wanted to discuss whether MULEs are OP/UP/just fine but all recent threads are locked without an explanation by a mod and the old ones are, well, old. Any ideas why is it so?
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
August 18 2010 05:09 GMT
#177
Is there a way to watch replays with other people?
Nieco
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia1 Post
August 18 2010 07:23 GMT
#178
hi!! im stuck in bronze league.. im rank one in my division 19 wins /16 loose :x

3 winning streak still in bronze?
"die without regrets"
gorchiza
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Bulgaria200 Posts
August 18 2010 09:30 GMT
#179
I have a problem , I can't login , All my friends can but I can't that is after the patch , it says that the server is offline and when I click to play offline it says that i neet to have to confirm my game on battle.net O.o

I dunno what to do help !
I was playing yesterday as normal
http://www.youtube.com/user/GORCHIZA?feature=mhee
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
August 18 2010 09:42 GMT
#180
On August 17 2010 22:16 Solidus_315 wrote:
Don't know if this has been discussed before but

I checked the profile of people in my 2v2 Bronze division and they the number two and three are in 2v2 gold, wtf? Also, the matchmaking system always matches me against team that is favored, which probably because im in bronze, but i would like to play against other bronze players once in a while.

they are in 2v2 Gold with some specific partners most likely, and usually the more games you play the closer your opponents will get to your skill level. If you win alot your opponents will become harder pretty fast.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 706
UpATreeSC 120
JuggernautJason31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18587
firebathero 186
Rush 131
Dewaltoss 100
Sexy 25
Shine 23
Bale 13
yabsab 10
Djem5 2
Dota 2
Gorgc8170
qojqva1404
monkeys_forever106
Counter-Strike
fl0m1534
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1876
crisheroes1130
Liquid`Hasu709
XaKoH 163
MindelVK14
Other Games
Grubby3068
summit1g2709
FrodaN765
Beastyqt719
ceh9567
ArmadaUGS198
byalli197
C9.Mang0165
KnowMe160
Hui .145
shahzam95
Mew2King65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1580
League of Legends
• TFBlade1151
Other Games
• imaqtpie885
• WagamamaTV238
• Shiphtur205
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h
Stellar Fest
18h
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.