• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:00
CEST 21:00
KST 04:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9547 users

[August] SC2 General Discussion - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-15 18:27:01
August 15 2010 18:26 GMT
#141
Definitely fake in my opinion, It is pretty well written with a few exceptions "fazing" and like the team colored force fields are pointless.
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
OhJesusWOW
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom127 Posts
August 15 2010 20:47 GMT
#142
I am quite certain "Patch Notes 1.1.0" is fake. However, like others have said before, most* of the changes presented seem plausible if not welcomed. I wonder what will change in the first batch of patch(s). Should we be talking about this? At least considering the likely possibilities of what will change? I think at this point, we can safely assume that the power of each race will undergo a dramatic paradigm shift.

* = Things like the Nest ability, Psi-Storm revealing cloaked units, and pocket-change Planetary Fortresses buff all seem utterly outrageous.
Red Bull is the new Mountain Dew.
hejon
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4 Posts
August 15 2010 22:11 GMT
#143
Question:
Suddenly, today, I'm not getting any replays after my games finish

nothing is updating in my 'recent' section for replays

at first i assumed my 'recent' section just filled up, so i deleted many of them, but still, no replays are being shown

does anyone know why this is happening?
.
accaris
Profile Joined May 2010
98 Posts
August 15 2010 23:11 GMT
#144
Anyone experiencing insane 4v4 queue times? My teammate and I queued up for 4v4 and waited 30 minutes, several times in a row, and never got a game. 3v3 and 2v2 were fine! What could cause this?
guitarizt
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1492 Posts
August 16 2010 01:27 GMT
#145
On August 15 2010 18:52 sleepingdog wrote:
why is it that every high-level protoss-player seems to rely on spamming pylons throughout the map and wouldn't build a warp prism? especially in PvT where the robo is only used for observers and early immortals against marauders?
I found bringing a warp prism along with my army and constantly being able to warp in new troups where I stand extremely helpful; furthermore in mid/lategame warping in two high templar in/behind my opponent's mineral line is a very strong harass


Back in first phase of beta there were some toss players doing this against zerg to warp in units for the mid game push in zotac cup. I had people do it against me on asia server.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Hemingway
Angra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2652 Posts
August 16 2010 01:55 GMT
#146
With all of the "X is OP, nerf Y" threads going around, especially pertaining to ZvT lately, I was reminded of this amazing article that Liquid'Drone wrote concerning BW's balance compared to SC2:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120471



I really want to get this article out there again for everyone to read when considering and discussing balance changes, because I think it hits the nail right on the head about why BW was so fun and interesting. I want SC2's balances and changes to go in that direction as well, because I truly feel like continuous nerfs will only make the game more stale and not fun to play.
Patton1942
Profile Joined August 2010
United States66 Posts
August 16 2010 02:03 GMT
#147
right, I have a stupid question. I've signed up for a tourney (and lost, badly) but I couldn't figure out how to talk to someone who wasn't already a friend, or who's id I didn't know to add a friend. I've gotten messages from random people near me in my ladder.


would anybody care to help me with this?
thx
Life (N): That annoying stuff that happens inbetween naps
nihoh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia978 Posts
August 16 2010 02:27 GMT
#148
@ patton

Right click their name in match history --> scoreboard.
Dont look at the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.
Liquid`Sheth
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States2095 Posts
August 16 2010 02:34 GMT
#149
I was continually lied to by a BWCL.de admin named FunKiwi. He told me that we had to play the 2v2 first before our 1v1's, which made our 2v2's and 1v1's take over 3 hours because no1 playing in the 2v2 could 1v1. Anyway I asked him if he would allow the other team to take a W/O over us in 1v1 matches if our player had to leave. Then in our ace match me vs. their terran, I was tied 1-1 and explained that sense the match was running on 3 1/2 hours and I had to leave that we would pp like he said. However at this point he does a 180 and says, sorry no PP. FunKiwi is a Horrible Admin, a Viscous Liar, and someone not to be trusted. Thanks for reading, Sheth
Team LiquidUnderneath it all they were really quite nice. They just got screwed up. Mostly by stuff that wasn't entirely their fault.
Patton1942
Profile Joined August 2010
United States66 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 06:46:18
August 16 2010 04:06 GMT
#150
[edit: stupid mac laptop. double post.]

alright, I'll pretend like I meant to do this.

@nihoh - Thank you for your reply. That method was one that I was already aware of. I am looking for a way to contact people who are neither on my friends list, nor have I played against already.


Lets say I sign up for a tourny. My first round match is against bobo. how the frack do I contact this person to set up our match? I've gotten messages in game from people I'm supposed to be playing, but have no idea how they sent it to me.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Life (N): That annoying stuff that happens inbetween naps
cucumber
Profile Joined June 2010
United States116 Posts
August 16 2010 06:51 GMT
#151
On August 16 2010 11:34 Sheth wrote: FunKiwi is a Horrible Admin, a Viscous Liar, and someone not to be trusted. Thanks for reading, Sheth


I think you mean vicious. Either way, sounds like that sucks and I'm sorry.
GPunkt
Profile Joined August 2010
1 Post
August 16 2010 11:04 GMT
#152
Hallo zusammen, wir wollen mit unserem 1. Selfpwnd SCII Cup an den Start gehen und suchen noch Spieler die an diesem kleinen Turinier teilnehmen wollen. Ab einer Spielerzahl von mind. 10 Leuten werden wir einen Tag ansetzen an dem das Turnier ausgetragen wird. Wir spielen 1 vs 1 und der Gewinner aus den Gruppen kommt eine Runde weiter. Wir sind alle keine Pro Gamer haben aber sehr viel Spaß an StarCraft II und wollen mit dem Selfpwnd SC II Cup ein Turnier ins Leben rufen bei dem man auch als Anfänger realistische Chancen auf einen Sieg hat. Also meldet Euch an!
www.selfpwnd.de

User was warned for this post
HTX
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany265 Posts
August 16 2010 12:05 GMT
#153
If you dont have any idea why are you banned i will give you a hint. Do the people above your post speak german?
The internet: a horrible collective liar
georgir
Profile Joined May 2009
Bulgaria253 Posts
August 16 2010 12:19 GMT
#154
Let roaches and infestors move under cliffs while burrowed, as the other two races already have units that can jump cliffs. Maybe even let roaches move under buildings, just have their movement speed really reduced while under them. Don't allow them to stop under them though.
HubertFelix
Profile Joined April 2010
France631 Posts
August 16 2010 12:28 GMT
#155
On August 16 2010 21:19 georgir wrote:
Let roaches and infestors move under cliffs while burrowed, as the other two races already have units that can jump cliffs. Maybe even let roaches move under buildings, just have their movement speed really reduced while under them. Don't allow them to stop under them though.


Don't you see why it's such a bad idea? Just think how easy it is for a zerg to mass roaches.
fnosse
Profile Joined August 2010
1 Post
August 16 2010 15:00 GMT
#156
Random thought; Wouldn't a button that lets you control the camera with your mouse when held down not only be useful but improve micro for most players?

Example: You are kiting with hellions, but you soon realise that you have to move out far to the right, now you either have to move your pointer to the very edge of the screen or you have to let your hotkeys go and use your arrow keys.

Then wouldn't a system where you press spacebar or any button of your choice (or blizzards choice to be correct) let you keep your pointer in the same location on the screen but when it's pressed down you move the camera and not the pointer with the mouse?
Lilgunner
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1 Post
August 16 2010 16:52 GMT
#157
I have a question about the editor. I'm trying to make a map and every time i launch the map in sc, the team set-up is 5v3. It is supposed to be 2v6. Are there any options other than Map > Player Properties, Team Placement etc, that would cause this?
ChaseR
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Norway1004 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 20:17:24
August 16 2010 18:13 GMT
#158
I can't really find any answers on TL regarding this on active threads, how do you advance from gold>plat>diamonds etc? Advance to #1 in your division or win alot how the heck does it work?

Your starting rank seems all to be based on the first 5 games, I got Plat in 1v1,3v3,4v4 but gold in 2v2 because I lost the 5th game so does that mean I will be stuck on gold in 2v2 forever?

Edit: Nvm lol after 11 straight wins I got promoted to Plat, feels good to be plat in all leagues. xD
Life is not Fucking Fair and Society is not Fucking Logical - "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
August 16 2010 18:35 GMT
#159
On August 16 2010 21:28 HubertFelix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2010 21:19 georgir wrote:
Let roaches and infestors move under cliffs while burrowed, as the other two races already have units that can jump cliffs. Maybe even let roaches move under buildings, just have their movement speed really reduced while under them. Don't allow them to stop under them though.


Don't you see why it's such a bad idea? Just think how easy it is for a zerg to mass roaches.


Stalkers.
JunC
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada80 Posts
August 16 2010 22:40 GMT
#160
Is there any way to reset your ladder stats/rank?
kekekeke
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 706
UpATreeSC 120
JuggernautJason31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18587
firebathero 186
Rush 131
Dewaltoss 100
Sexy 25
Shine 23
Bale 13
yabsab 10
Djem5 2
Dota 2
Gorgc8170
qojqva1404
monkeys_forever106
Counter-Strike
fl0m1534
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1876
crisheroes1130
Liquid`Hasu709
XaKoH 163
MindelVK14
Other Games
Grubby3068
summit1g2709
FrodaN765
Beastyqt719
ceh9567
ArmadaUGS198
byalli197
C9.Mang0165
KnowMe160
Hui .145
shahzam95
Mew2King65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1580
League of Legends
• TFBlade1151
Other Games
• imaqtpie885
• WagamamaTV238
• Shiphtur205
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h
Stellar Fest
18h
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.