• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:28
CEST 03:28
KST 10:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10143 users

[June] SC2 General Discussion - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Hikari
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
1914 Posts
June 29 2010 03:16 GMT
#81
In a competitive point of view, custom interface may give one side an unfair advantage.

WoW tournaments ban custom interface, only macros allowed.
freshiie22
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada132 Posts
June 29 2010 08:59 GMT
#82
about the roach thing, i think blizz should take away there ability to regain health quickly while burrowed, then give them an additional 5hp, and return them back to 1 supply, other wise roaches are OP at 1 supply and u can burrow 75+ of emmm when there dieng

wat you guys think????

or if no make their regenaration thing a tier 3 upgrade
Phase 1: Bronze League Rank 78. Phase 2: Silver Rank 45 .August 23: Platinum Rank 7 and climbing
Uhh Negative
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1090 Posts
June 29 2010 17:29 GMT
#83
On June 29 2010 17:59 freshiie22 wrote:
about the roach thing, i think blizz should take away there ability to regain health quickly while burrowed, then give them an additional 5hp, and return them back to 1 supply, other wise roaches are OP at 1 supply and u can burrow 75+ of emmm when there dieng

wat you guys think????

or if no make their regenaration thing a tier 3 upgrade

I don't think the burrow regen really makes much of a difference in this case. This change would open up a world of opportunities for early OP roach pushes like the beginning of beta.
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-29 20:26:43
June 29 2010 20:25 GMT
#84
So... Blizzard didn't confirm 1st July - is it probable for them to restart bnet suddenly without proper notice? I kinda doubt it..

About roaches - 2 armor goes my vote. Real tanks.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
Bob300
Profile Joined April 2010
United States505 Posts
June 29 2010 20:26 GMT
#85
On June 30 2010 05:25 figq wrote:
So... Blizzard didn't confirm 1st July - is it probable for them to restart bnet suddenly without proper notice? I kinda doubt it..

Never doubt Blizzard!!!
NYC Suburbs --- College Freshman --- Season 1 - Drone Whiskey
ForKvatch
Profile Joined April 2010
United States54 Posts
June 29 2010 23:52 GMT
#86
Does anyone know if there is going to be snow/ice tileset in StarCraft 2? I think that would look absolutely sick.
They call me fork.
rS.Sinatra
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada785 Posts
June 29 2010 23:59 GMT
#87
On June 26 2010 05:20 Saracen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2010 05:17 Paramore wrote:
Starcraft 2 Tournament Section:

Can this page be cleaned up a bit? (Alot)

I like the format for teamliquid forums in general. They have red folder for "hot" topics and yellow folder for "less-active" topics and "old post" for .. old posts... However, for the tournament section, we really need a different approach. Like, I go onto the tournament section to check which tournaments are upcoming every 2 or 3 days. Lo-and-behold, I arrive there every 2 or 3 days and find the same "hot topics" re-arranged in a different order every time. I think the tournament section really needs to be organized in a "Date Created" order, or at least the option for it.

Also, if its possible, can Team Liquid just develop or add some software to the website so we can just create tournaments easily or by request (to prevent spam tournaments) ? Like, say Day9 wants to organize a tournament, he PMs the "tournament organizer person" at TL, then gets it approved, the TL person allows access to create this tournament, Day9 goes in and starts creating the tournament, with a sign-up page and everything. (No, not liquipedia, it feels like an entirely different website and is kind of alienated, it needs to be in the SC2 tournament forum section specifically).

Why the second request? I'm sick and tired of going to so many different websites and creating accounts for their forums to sign up for tournaments. While I do appreciate the people that run the tournaments, I really do not plan on posting on their forums regularly, therefore creating an account there is just spam for my inbox and a hassle.

Who chose TL? Well, nobody designated TL to be the go-to place for NA tournaments, it just happened. I just know that if I want to sign up for tournaments, get feedback, open to the community, post VODs, I know where to go. If TL doesn't implement this tournament thing, someone else has to centralize the tournament ways in the English speaking world, to prevent the mass tournaments on random forums and confusion.

Love you TL, please help with this.

Post this in website feedback. I agree with most of your complaints.


I posted.. but basically only 5 people read it and 2 people gave enough of a shit to post on it. Nobody sees shit there...
www.rsgaming.com
dimfish
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States663 Posts
June 30 2010 00:13 GMT
#88
On June 28 2010 04:55 Barrin wrote:
Ooooh Ooooh OOOH! How did you know this is what I want.

Ok here's what I'm after:

I'm thinking about creating a comprehensive guide/list/explanation of everything that makes a map imbalanced towards a certain race. My aim here is to not only help me make my own maps more balanced, but also to help others in understanding what a balanced map consists of. I have no intention of making the post sound as if this is what's imbalanced/balanced and there's nothing you can do about it, but I do plan to make it very clear what kinds of factors can lead to an imbalanced map and what kinds of features you can expect to see in a balanced map.

Although I think I know a fair deal about what makes a map imbalanced or balanced, I know I will not be able to take this project on by myself (if I could I wouldn't be posting here), I will attempt to gain insight from the community, and even high level players if possible.

Any thoughts?

edit: btw this is entirely about how each specific race can manipulate the terrain to their favor, as I believe that any mirror matchup on a perfectly symmetrical map is perfectly balanced (except maybe slightly terran vs terran cuz building addons are kinda weird and if the mapmaker skewed it in such a way on purpose, which isnt the focus).

I will probably break it down into a few different categories, like each feature and how each race can deal with it early, mid, and late game. Also how each unit can manipulate terrain.


I like this idea, and a thread about it with conclusions added back to the OP would be a very nice resource for map makers. I think to do it right you have to do two things:

1) Go through SC2 Strat forums and find all the good discussions of stuff like this that have already been hashed out

2) Figure out a reasonable way to poll the community on the accuracy of the list. I liked Logo's point that a wide open natural is all right for Zerg when the creep extends to the main choke, that makes sense to me. But does it make sense to the community at large and especially the top Zergs? I wouldn't want us to churn out maps with these features no one is sure we want/need.
MythicalMage
Profile Joined May 2010
1360 Posts
June 30 2010 12:23 GMT
#89
On June 29 2010 12:16 Hikari wrote:
In a competitive point of view, custom interface may give one side an unfair advantage.

WoW tournaments ban custom interface, only macros allowed.

Exactly. For tournaments, no custom stuff would be allowed. But for us crappy home uses, we can have out pretty graphics. XD.
triumph
Profile Joined July 2007
United States100 Posts
June 30 2010 14:34 GMT
#90
Being to swap minimap to the bottom right side would be pretty nice if it was a feature provided by the game.
VRidiculous
Profile Joined May 2010
United States11 Posts
June 30 2010 14:48 GMT
#91
Hey. I was wondering if there is any opinion out there about whether or not monitor size is a factor in game. Specifically I am wondering about any added difficulty in micro on a larger monitor. I have read some other threads and I am not asking about resolution or aspect ratio as that is what they discuss, I am just asking about inches.
Right now I play on a 15 inch laptop, what will be the difference on a 23 inch screen?
Thanks.
Vyssecker
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada6 Posts
June 30 2010 15:22 GMT
#92
On June 30 2010 23:48 VRidiculous wrote:

Right now I play on a 15 inch laptop, what will be the difference on a 23 inch screen?
Thanks.


For the screen size its all about the viewing distance. You will look at your 23 inch screen a bit farther then your 15 inch screen. You'll probably be more comfortable (I like having lots of space on my desktop between me and my 22inch monitor to put my arms on my desk)

On your 15 inch if you look at it too far you loose a bit of micro accuracy.
If you look at it too close you lose comfort.

All war is deception
Vyssecker
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada6 Posts
June 30 2010 15:33 GMT
#93
Why does build order is based on ''Supply count'' and not ''Time'' ?

Time is an universal value that is not fluctuating during a game like Supply and time is also more precise (it can passe 30sec between a supply count)

I think the main reason for that is that there is no time shown on the UI... I personaly use my Iphone stopwatch but its annoying to use it everygame.

What do you guys think about that ?

All war is deception
cocosoft
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1068 Posts
June 30 2010 15:50 GMT
#94
On June 30 2010 05:25 figq wrote:
So... Blizzard didn't confirm 1st July - is it probable for them to restart bnet suddenly without proper notice? I kinda doubt it..

About roaches - 2 armor goes my vote. Real tanks.
Internal testing is probably not on the same address/IP.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7077 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-30 16:23:04
June 30 2010 15:58 GMT
#95
On July 01 2010 00:33 Vyssecker wrote:
Why does build order is based on ''Supply count'' and not ''Time'' ?

Time is an universal value that is not fluctuating during a game like Supply and time is also more precise (it can passe 30sec between a supply count)

I think the main reason for that is that there is no time shown on the UI... I personaly use my Iphone stopwatch but its annoying to use it everygame.

What do you guys think about that ?


A clock is not perfect either because a professional gamer is going to reach the point he should make a certain building before a clumsy 40 apm new player is going to. Using a clock as timer has been widely considered cheating in Brood War's competitive side and thus the main ways of timing are supply count and the a bit more rare way of looking at how many minerals are left on your main/nat patches.

Unless Blizzard integrates a clock in to the game there's really no reason to prefer the exact time over supply count. Giving both would be the best I guess.
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-30 16:54:05
June 30 2010 16:40 GMT
#96
On July 01 2010 00:50 cocosoft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2010 05:25 figq wrote:
So... Blizzard didn't confirm 1st July - is it probable for them to restart bnet suddenly without proper notice? I kinda doubt it..

About roaches - 2 armor goes my vote. Real tanks.
Internal testing is probably not on the same address/IP.
Oh sure, it's possible technically. I just thought Blizzard would give some notice in advance.

Not just say: "Okay, beta is open again... now." (of course i'd be the happiest if they end up doing exactly that, but is it reasonable to hope for this?)
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
Vyssecker
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada6 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-30 17:38:38
June 30 2010 17:35 GMT
#97
On July 01 2010 00:58 Puosu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2010 00:33 Vyssecker wrote:
Why does build order is based on ''Supply count'' and not ''Time'' ?

Time is an universal value that is not fluctuating during a game like Supply and time is also more precise (it can passe 30sec between a supply count)

I think the main reason for that is that there is no time shown on the UI... I personaly use my Iphone stopwatch but its annoying to use it everygame.

What do you guys think about that ?


A clock is not perfect either because a professional gamer is going to reach the point he should make a certain building before a clumsy 40 apm new player is going to. Using a clock as timer has been widely considered cheating in Brood War's competitive side and thus the main ways of timing are supply count and the a bit more rare way of looking at how many minerals are left on your main/nat patches.

Unless Blizzard integrates a clock in to the game there's really no reason to prefer the exact time over supply count. Giving both would be the best I guess.


This is where a timer can show a clumsy 40 apm new player where he need to improve ?

I didn't know that it was considering cheating ! well no one can prevent player to do it at home...
Supply can vary depending on unit lost... and mineral is depending on the harvester saturation... so both of them are not verry accurate to me while time can't lie. So this is the reason why I prefer time over fluctuating value like supply and mineral left.
All war is deception
Exteray
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1094 Posts
June 30 2010 23:53 GMT
#98
Anyone has any idea what time the Beta will be up?
darbleangry
Profile Joined July 2010
United States26 Posts
July 01 2010 00:43 GMT
#99
I dont have abeta key so i was wondering, Is there a way to play SC2 beta in single player mode with AI in a legal way. All i find are torrents and illegal methods to do so. All help appreciated.
3772
Profile Joined May 2010
Czech Republic434 Posts
July 01 2010 07:03 GMT
#100
Just use the torrent and some custom launcher with AIs. Nothing bad about downloading beta client through torrent as its free and anyone with key can download it.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings113
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 190
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11705
White-Ra 297
Dota 2
monkeys_forever786
NeuroSwarm141
febbydoto8
League of Legends
Doublelift5929
JimRising 656
Counter-Strike
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox793
Other Games
summit1g9605
Maynarde209
ArmadaUGS55
Mew2King37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick324
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 32m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
9h 32m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.