• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:53
CEST 07:53
KST 14:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11794 users

[June] SC2 General Discussion - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
FC.Strike
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States621 Posts
July 01 2010 08:51 GMT
#101
@Build Orders

In your head, you shouldn't base a build order off of time or food supply. You're just trying to execute an idea as efficiently as possible - the food number in the top right only serves as a checkpoint to jog your memory.

14 Pool > 16 Hatch

Doesn't actually mean throw down my pool at 14 and my hatchery at 16. It's saying I want to do a macro build with a fast expand and relatively late pool and these supply numbers seem like the best time to do it.

Subtle, but important difference.

If you play by these rigid build order rules, you'll never really get anywhere. That's not how strategy works.
--------------------------> My Smiley Face Disagrees, Your Argument is Invalid -------------------------->
Nyx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Rwanda460 Posts
July 01 2010 13:22 GMT
#102
On July 01 2010 17:51 FC.Strike wrote:
@Build Orders

In your head, you shouldn't base a build order off of time or food supply. You're just trying to execute an idea as efficiently as possible - the food number in the top right only serves as a checkpoint to jog your memory.

14 Pool > 16 Hatch

Doesn't actually mean throw down my pool at 14 and my hatchery at 16. It's saying I want to do a macro build with a fast expand and relatively late pool and these supply numbers seem like the best time to do it.

Subtle, but important difference.

If you play by these rigid build order rules, you'll never really get anywhere. That's not how strategy works.


But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't practice a build order to death. You absolutely should. Through this practice you will understand the build order and the exact absolute timings to drop your buildings.
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
July 01 2010 13:23 GMT
#103
How specific do you guys get with your build orders when you know a race/map matchup is coming up?

Do you plan contingancies into your build order?

Do you scout earlier with a set build order in mind?
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
Nyx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Rwanda460 Posts
July 01 2010 14:49 GMT
#104
On July 01 2010 22:23 Zoltan wrote:
How specific do you guys get with your build orders when you know a race/map matchup is coming up?

Do you plan contingancies into your build order?

Do you scout earlier with a set build order in mind?


I start off with a solid build that I've been using a lot.

I know what beats this build, and I know how to modify this build to be effective against the unit that beats it.

If I scout that unit, then I modify my build accordingly.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
July 01 2010 15:14 GMT
#105
Well...... it's July 1st and I don't think Beta is back yet T-T
I've tried logging onto b.net and it won't let me through
No notice up either about Beta being back....
I am hoping it comes back AT THE VERY LEAST
by this week.....
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
QueueQueue
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada1000 Posts
July 01 2010 16:59 GMT
#106
On July 02 2010 00:14 Seeker wrote:
Well...... it's July 1st and I don't think Beta is back yet T-T
I've tried logging onto b.net and it won't let me through
No notice up either about Beta being back....
I am hoping it comes back AT THE VERY LEAST
by this week.....



I am pretty sure they will be giving notice prior to it coming back up. Likely won't be this week.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
July 01 2010 17:28 GMT
#107
On July 02 2010 01:59 QueueQueue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2010 00:14 Seeker wrote:
Well...... it's July 1st and I don't think Beta is back yet T-T
I've tried logging onto b.net and it won't let me through
No notice up either about Beta being back....
I am hoping it comes back AT THE VERY LEAST
by this week.....



I am pretty sure they will be giving notice prior to it coming back up. Likely won't be this week.



So..... then the July 1st thing was just a rumor?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
cocosoft
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1068 Posts
July 01 2010 20:26 GMT
#108
On July 02 2010 02:28 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2010 01:59 QueueQueue wrote:
On July 02 2010 00:14 Seeker wrote:
Well...... it's July 1st and I don't think Beta is back yet T-T
I've tried logging onto b.net and it won't let me through
No notice up either about Beta being back....
I am hoping it comes back AT THE VERY LEAST
by this week.....



I am pretty sure they will be giving notice prior to it coming back up. Likely won't be this week.



So..... then the July 1st thing was just a rumor?

It has always been just a rumor.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
July 01 2010 20:28 GMT
#109
How well does obs sniping work in TvP? I feel that if you had cloaked banshees and a few vikings it would be fairly easy to snipe their obs, cloak your banshees, and rape their army. Vikings have 9 range and obs have barely any hitpoints, so I don't think it would be very difficult.
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
MythicalMage
Profile Joined May 2010
1360 Posts
July 01 2010 20:50 GMT
#110
On July 02 2010 05:28 Newguy wrote:
How well does obs sniping work in TvP? I feel that if you had cloaked banshees and a few vikings it would be fairly easy to snipe their obs, cloak your banshees, and rape their army. Vikings have 9 range and obs have barely any hitpoints, so I don't think it would be very difficult.

Especially if you mix in a raven. Don't forget turrets can be used for harass, or maybe even hunter seeker missile. If they have a heavy stalker composition, you can protect your harass with pdd. . .I like that a lot. >>.
Ndugu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1078 Posts
July 01 2010 21:42 GMT
#111
Has anyone tried a Voidray + immortal build in PVP? Obviously supported by other gateway units.

I mean this as either an early build (fast-tech VR, switch to Robo when they counter with stalkers) or a combination once you've settled in to mid-game. Void rays actually do pretty well versus stalkers, for a counter, and immortals tear them up.
wolfe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States761 Posts
July 02 2010 01:10 GMT
#112
With the release coming up has anyone heard anything about a Official Blizzard Launch party? Similar to those hosted for WoW at Frys? Also anyone know when the WoW launch parties were announced relative to their release dates?
Swift as the wind, felt before noticed.
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
July 02 2010 01:19 GMT
#113
On July 02 2010 05:28 Newguy wrote:
How well does obs sniping work in TvP? I feel that if you had cloaked banshees and a few vikings it would be fairly easy to snipe their obs, cloak your banshees, and rape their army. Vikings have 9 range and obs have barely any hitpoints, so I don't think it would be very difficult.


I've been wondering about banshee + PDD harrass vs P. PDD laughs at stalkers. Too gas intensive to be an early game option, but it seems like it could be good later.
ChoboCop
Profile Joined July 2004
United States954 Posts
July 02 2010 05:25 GMT
#114
I've pre-ordered SC2 from gamestop (June 12thish) and was under the impression that when the beta came back I would receive a beta key. Is there a process I should follow or just expect a random invite to show up in my email?

Should it be impossible for me specifically to receive an invite/key:
1. Are there keys still for sale?
2. Can you share accounts?
3. What is your best advise?

Lastly, without having the game to tinker around with, is there a wiki with full descriptions of tech trees/unit stats/counters?

Thanks!
Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered.
Nefra
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom37 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-02 07:42:59
July 02 2010 07:42 GMT
#115
Looks like there's some server side prep work going on for phase 2.

Opening up starcraft you get a mesage saying "You are trying to login using a client version not recognised by the Battle.net service."

Also, they've removed the info window regarding the end of phase 1.

Damn, it's gotta be soon, chewing my arms off with frustration here; especially since I can't play Brood War for more than half an hour at a time without it locking up my computer. -.-

On this topic, do you reckon they'll announce it in good time (aka at least a few days) before it opens up or just spring it on us?
naistrashno
Profile Joined June 2010
Bulgaria119 Posts
July 02 2010 09:47 GMT
#116
i think i can share one beta key with you ))
suck me beautifull
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
July 02 2010 12:19 GMT
#117
Need some map editor help,

1) How the fuck do I select multiple units and alter their properties (change their color/player controller, hp%, etc)
2) How the fuck do I save as a UMS map where I don't spawn with HQ+6 workers on start location
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Sealteam
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia296 Posts
July 02 2010 12:28 GMT
#118
Anyone noticed that when you try to login to the beta now it says (paraphrasing) "Cannot login because client version does not match server" or something like that?
Didn't think it warranted a thread because I'm sure everyone knows and I just haven't heard about it.
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
July 02 2010 12:31 GMT
#119
On July 02 2010 06:42 Ndugu wrote:
Has anyone tried a Voidray + immortal build in PVP? Obviously supported by other gateway units.

I mean this as either an early build (fast-tech VR, switch to Robo when they counter with stalkers) or a combination once you've settled in to mid-game. Void rays actually do pretty well versus stalkers, for a counter, and immortals tear them up.


I have played against this build and used it myself, phoniexs with stalker support beat this very easily, lift the immortals kill the voids.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
trolleleet
Profile Joined May 2010
5 Posts
July 02 2010 13:51 GMT
#120
Don't you guys know.

Blizzard patches on Fridays and open beta phases on Mondays.

Just like their customers want it or something.
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings97
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 167
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 432
hero 380
BeSt 255
Mind 33
Terrorterran 26
Bale 22
Noble 13
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1206
League of Legends
JimRising 672
Counter-Strike
taco 393
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King150
Other Games
summit1g9241
ArmadaUGS43
Livibee29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick504
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Rush1428
• Stunt397
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 7m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.