• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:38
CEST 21:38
KST 04:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13205 users

Sc2gears 14.3.3: Replay version 2.1 support - Page 168

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 Next
Ahelvin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
France1866 Posts
June 26 2013 19:15 GMT
#3341
On June 26 2013 22:47 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 20:50 Nimix wrote:
Hey, do you think you could make Gameheart replays work with sc2gears? As you're working on a big thing I guess that's far from your priority but if it's possible and you've spare time one day

On the contrary. The "big thing" I'm working on already makes it possible to handle Gameheart replays. Going even further, it makes it possible to handle/parse all replays (including custom games, single player replays etc.).

This sounds effing awesome.
Join the Liquipedia Zerg Project ! PM me for more information :).
wUndertUnge
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1126 Posts
June 26 2013 19:21 GMT
#3342
On June 26 2013 22:47 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 20:50 Nimix wrote:
Hey, do you think you could make Gameheart replays work with sc2gears? As you're working on a big thing I guess that's far from your priority but if it's possible and you've spare time one day

On the contrary. The "big thing" I'm working on already makes it possible to handle Gameheart replays. Going even further, it makes it possible to handle/parse all replays (including custom games, single player replays etc.).

Even peep mode? Cause that would be cray cray.
Clan: QQGC - wundertunge#1850
TL+ Member
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2371 Posts
June 26 2013 21:03 GMT
#3343
On June 27 2013 04:21 wUndertUnge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 22:47 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
On June 26 2013 20:50 Nimix wrote:
Hey, do you think you could make Gameheart replays work with sc2gears? As you're working on a big thing I guess that's far from your priority but if it's possible and you've spare time one day

On the contrary. The "big thing" I'm working on already makes it possible to handle Gameheart replays. Going even further, it makes it possible to handle/parse all replays (including custom games, single player replays etc.).

Even peep mode? Cause that would be cray cray.

What do you mean? Send me an example and I tell you if it's supported.
https://repmastered.icza.net
ZardiChar
Profile Joined February 2012
United States21 Posts
July 02 2013 04:16 GMT
#3344
I am trying to run sc2gears, but the auto saving replays feature doesn't work. Also, the MMR plugin cannot detect when games are going on. These are probably related.

It is updated, all of the folders are set correctly, I have uninstalled and reinstalled both sc2 and sc2gears and nothing makes it work. I can still search replays and view them with full functionality; the game just cannot tell when a replay is saved or a game is going on.

Please help me sort out this problem, I used this tool before in WoL last year and then took a break from the game, when I came back, this happened.

Thanks
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2371 Posts
July 02 2013 05:05 GMT
#3345
On July 02 2013 13:16 ZardiChar wrote:
I am trying to run sc2gears, but the auto saving replays feature doesn't work. Also, the MMR plugin cannot detect when games are going on. These are probably related.

It is updated, all of the folders are set correctly, I have uninstalled and reinstalled both sc2 and sc2gears and nothing makes it work. I can still search replays and view them with full functionality; the game just cannot tell when a replay is saved or a game is going on.

Please help me sort out this problem, I used this tool before in WoL last year and then took a break from the game, when I came back, this happened.

Thanks

Most likely your sc2 auto replay folder is not set properly.
Send me your log files and your settings file and I take a look at them.
Logs are saved under "User Content/Logs", settings file is at "User Content/settings.xml".
https://repmastered.icza.net
Melwach
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany176 Posts
July 03 2013 20:26 GMT
#3346
Whenever I try to start SC2 Gears it (and java) just freeze up and crash. The "Tips and things you should know..."-screen comes up, but as soon as I choose one of the options at the sidebar, it crashes. I can just close it, but then the main sc2gears screen doesn't react to any further interaction.

After using the task manager to shut the program down I get a standard "program doesn't respond"-message plus one for Java (Java (tm) platform SE binary doesn't respond).

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: javaw.exe
Application Version: 7.0.250.16
Application Timestamp: 51b908fc
Hang Signature: 0967
Hang Type: 6144

I use Java Version 7 Update 25 for Windows 7 64 bit.
I've tried de- and re-installing both and checked that I have only one version of Java installed, but it doesn't change a thing.

I'm out of ideas. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Come for the culture. Stay for the cultural decline.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2371 Posts
July 04 2013 08:20 GMT
#3347
On July 04 2013 05:26 Melwach wrote:
Whenever I try to start SC2 Gears it (and java) just freeze up and crash. The "Tips and things you should know..."-screen comes up, but as soon as I choose one of the options at the sidebar, it crashes. I can just close it, but then the main sc2gears screen doesn't react to any further interaction.

After using the task manager to shut the program down I get a standard "program doesn't respond"-message plus one for Java (Java (tm) platform SE binary doesn't respond).

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: javaw.exe
Application Version: 7.0.250.16
Application Timestamp: 51b908fc
Hang Signature: 0967
Hang Type: 6144

I use Java Version 7 Update 25 for Windows 7 64 bit.
I've tried de- and re-installing both and checked that I have only one version of Java installed, but it doesn't change a thing.

I'm out of ideas. Help would be greatly appreciated.

My guess is that your Java conflicts with one of your other desktop application. Try closing other apps and see if you can start Sc2gears.

Another tip to try out is to install the 32-bit Java instead of the 64-bit (the 32-bit version runs on 64-bit processors as well).
https://repmastered.icza.net
Melwach
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany176 Posts
July 07 2013 13:52 GMT
#3348
On July 04 2013 17:20 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
My guess is that your Java conflicts with one of your other desktop application. Try closing other apps and see if you can start Sc2gears.

Another tip to try out is to install the 32-bit Java instead of the 64-bit (the 32-bit version runs on 64-bit processors as well).


Thanks for the suggestions. No success on my side unfortunately.
Come for the culture. Stay for the cultural decline.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
July 08 2013 07:57 GMT
#3349
I notice it can fill in clan names for opponents when I open replay analyzer. I assume it pulls this from the internet. Is there any plan for the future to pull&save this info (possibly upon request) and make it a filterable field?

I remember having played two players from the same clan in the last month, but it took manually searching through every single replay since there is no clan sort field and doesn't work for names. I understand that information is likely not attached to the replay, so I'm curious if you have plans to enable sc2gears to attach that locally. Thanks.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2371 Posts
July 08 2013 10:54 GMT
#3350
On July 08 2013 16:57 Danglars wrote:
I notice it can fill in clan names for opponents when I open replay analyzer. I assume it pulls this from the internet. Is there any plan for the future to pull&save this info (possibly upon request) and make it a filterable field?

I remember having played two players from the same clan in the last month, but it took manually searching through every single replay since there is no clan sort field and doesn't work for names. I understand that information is likely not attached to the replay, so I'm curious if you have plans to enable sc2gears to attach that locally. Thanks.

The clan name is stored in the replays, it is not acquired from Battle.net.
I will add clan filter/finder in the future.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Poehalcho
Profile Joined October 2011
149 Posts
July 12 2013 01:07 GMT
#3351
Hi Dakota_Fanning

I just had (another) idea that you might be interested in.
Do you think it would be possible for the replay analyzer to become able to identify the builds you're up against?
Perhaps through a community-sourced and auto-updated database?

folks that store replays on your server (you offer that service, right?) would be promted to specify the build order that is used in the game. Then based on an average of names, timings and build orders the program will become able to notify you of the utilised build.

It would help people figure out what they were fighting against and what to search for specifically if they decide they want help.
Great Master Chief Nerdotaku God Emperor Bauss
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2371 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 06:47:03
July 12 2013 06:46 GMT
#3352
On July 12 2013 10:07 Poehalcho wrote:
Hi Dakota_Fanning

I just had (another) idea that you might be interested in.
Do you think it would be possible for the replay analyzer to become able to identify the builds you're up against?
Perhaps through a community-sourced and auto-updated database?

folks that store replays on your server (you offer that service, right?) would be promted to specify the build order that is used in the game. Then based on an average of names, timings and build orders the program will become able to notify you of the utilised build.

It would help people figure out what they were fighting against and what to search for specifically if they decide they want help.

The main problem I see here is that people would not want to bother with choosing what build order they used in the replay they're uploading.

Also Sc2gears can already search in your replays based on a build order (although only buildings without time stamps).
https://repmastered.icza.net
Poehalcho
Profile Joined October 2011
149 Posts
July 12 2013 21:52 GMT
#3353
Yeah, I know a lot of people may not fill it in, but it strikes me more as a matter of time. I think the sc community has shown to be willing to do stuff if asked nicely.

As for searching by buildings...
I know this is there, but this is more about helping the user figure out what he was up to/against, not so much how it looks.
like: Is this build recognised? has it been done before? If I want more information about the build, what terms am I supposed to be looking for? etc.
Great Master Chief Nerdotaku God Emperor Bauss
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
July 16 2013 15:20 GMT
#3354
how soon are we away from not so soon until soon(tm)?
first we make expand, then we defense it.
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
July 16 2013 17:01 GMT
#3355
just tell us how long you need at least
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2371 Posts
July 16 2013 18:46 GMT
#3356
Here. The first hint is in my quote.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Sh1bby
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany711 Posts
July 18 2013 13:48 GMT
#3357
Hey Dakota,
is it possible to change the rename option for the ladder season ("/s") to a double digit number for the season 1-9? At the moment the sorting in sc2 is messed up (image).

And I am not sure whether it is intentionally or not, but the tab "Counters" in the window "rename replay" shows different options than the window "auto save name template" (/c & /Cx vs /Fx).

Ty!
"People should not ruminate about the past. Just do your best here and now." [Aya Kito]
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2371 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-18 15:40:03
July 18 2013 15:39 GMT
#3358
On July 18 2013 22:48 Sh1bby wrote:
Hey Dakota,
is it possible to change the rename option for the ladder season ("/s") to a double digit number for the season 1-9? At the moment the sorting in sc2 is messed up (image).

And I am not sure whether it is intentionally or not, but the tab "Counters" in the window "rename replay" shows different options than the window "auto save name template" (/c & /Cx vs /Fx).

Ty!

Well, you can manually rename your folders before season 10, and this won't be an issue since all seasons that will follow have 2 digits including the current one.

And yes, the Counters tab contains intentionally different symbols for renaming replays and for auto-saving them, they work differently.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Sh1bby
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany711 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-19 18:52:04
July 19 2013 17:55 GMT
#3359
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 19 2013 00:39 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 22:48 Sh1bby wrote:
Hey Dakota,
is it possible to change the rename option for the ladder season ("/s") to a double digit number for the season 1-9? At the moment the sorting in sc2 is messed up (image).

And I am not sure whether it is intentionally or not, but the tab "Counters" in the window "rename replay" shows different options than the window "auto save name template" (/c & /Cx vs /Fx).

Ty!

Well, you can manually rename your folders before season 10, and this won't be an issue since all seasons that will follow have 2 digits including the current one.

And yes, the Counters tab contains intentionally different symbols for renaming replays and for auto-saving them, they work differently.

ty ty.

I have another question. There is a column named "Comment" in the replay search window (last column/default setup), but it doesn't seem that there's a way to add information to it/use it as filter. Am I missing something?
Would be nice to be able to manually write stuff like "ranked/unranked" in the comment field and then use this as an additional search filter...
"People should not ruminate about the past. Just do your best here and now." [Aya Kito]
BTCOMM
Profile Joined October 2010
United States25 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-21 23:23:39
July 21 2013 23:23 GMT
#3360
Is there a way to get sc2gears to auto rename the replays in the sc2 default replay folder? It does save a copy that is named correctly in the auto replay save folder but I want it to auto rename the ones that are in the sc2 default replay folder.
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1463
TKL 450
IndyStarCraft 265
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1463
TKL 450
IndyStarCraft 265
EmSc Tv 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24078
Calm 2328
Shuttle 353
Mini 171
White-Ra 145
ZZZero.O 107
firebathero 76
scan(afreeca) 21
soO 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc11484
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1341
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3965
Liquid`Hasu559
MindelVK9
Other Games
summit1g5601
Liquid`RaSZi2310
fl0m1661
FrodaN1339
B2W.Neo782
olofmeister639
Khaldor442
Beastyqt333
Livibee196
crisheroes156
Pyrionflax101
Mew2King69
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick556
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
EmSc Tv 11
EmSc2Tv 11
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 27
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• niya90s 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach38
• Azhi_Dahaki31
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1221
• Shiphtur672
• WagamamaTV376
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 22m
Replay Cast
3h 22m
OSC
16h 22m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.