• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:52
CEST 03:52
KST 10:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8178 users

Your chance to win a SC2 USbeta key...

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Random69
Profile Joined April 2010
35 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-13 17:07:08
April 13 2010 15:18 GMT
#1
[u]Hi everyone,

It has taken me a while to decide where to give this key away and after about two weeks of pondering I decided www.teamliquid.net is the place to do it since it has the largest SC2 reader base and is really over the moon with all its other SC2 goodies, basically what I am saying is that I am very impressed with the love this site and its people show for the game.

Getting the key however will not be a easy task, it is going to take some brain power.


Here is how you can become the owner of this key.

THE COMPETITION

Your taks will be to create a Stracraft 2 unit in theory that would be a great addition to either one of the three races in a future expansion, I have myself created such a unit as a example as my entry to the competition for fun !!


EXAMPLE UNIT and my fun Entry !

There is no need for images, example of what I am looking for is this:

******************************************************************************
Protoss

Energy Archon

Cost:
200 Minerals
125 Gas

Range:
5 (Range works in radius of 5)

Damage:
5-6 (3 Attacks) (+2 Biological)

Armor:
Armored

Energy:
150

Ability:
Recharge: Allows the Energy Archon to recharge the shields of nearby (5 range radius) Protoss units, recharges 2 shields for every 1 energy cost. Unable to target self

******************************************************************************

RULES

1. ONLY 1 Entry per person please
2. Do not copy
3. No images needed, but always welcome
4. HavE FuN !

CLOSING

The competition will close on the 16th and i will announce a winner on this thread by the 17th, the winner can then message me at www.teamliquid.net (Random69) and I will email the invitation to the winner.

GOODLUCK and HavE FuN


PS:

Sorry I did not add any criteria, actually I will judge a winner based on the unit which stands out the most for me, can`t explain how I will choose, whatever my mind tells me would be a good addition to SC2.

I will also announce the winning unit concept.

Ok since this might get messy on this forum, here is what you can do.

My personal email is Bubblegumblue69@gmail.com

Email your concept here with a header.

SC2 UNIT ENTRY (your Teamliquid username)

After the competition is over and I have decided a winner, I will post the winning unit concept here with some of the others I thought were worth of mentioning.

Have fun and goodluck
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the pen has no chance versus my Axe
ZenDeX
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Philippines2916 Posts
April 13 2010 15:23 GMT
#2
What is the criteria for judging?
s2pid_loser
Profile Joined March 2010
United States699 Posts
April 13 2010 15:25 GMT
#3
do we post as reply?
Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7083 Posts
April 13 2010 15:25 GMT
#4
Unless the key is already tied to an account it is never actually tied to any region, so an us beta key can be used for european account to receive european beta.
Random69
Profile Joined April 2010
35 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-13 15:29:30
April 13 2010 15:26 GMT
#5
Sorry I did not add any criteria, actually I will judge a winner based on the unit which stands out the most for me, can`t explain how I will choose, whatever my mind tells me would be a good addition to SC2.

I will also announce the winning unit concept.

Ok since this might get messy on this forum, here is what you can do.

My personal email is Bubblegumblue69@gmail.com

Email your concept here with a header.

SC2 UNIT ENTRY (your Teamliquid username)

After the competition is over and I have decided a winner, I will post the winning unit concept here with some of the others I thought were worth of mentioning.

Have fun and goodluck
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the pen has no chance versus my Axe
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
April 13 2010 15:31 GMT
#6
Zerg Lurker
Morphs from hydralisk, tech researched at hydralist den for 150/150 over 60 seconds
lurker can only shoot when burrowed, deals damage in a straight like
20+10 light damage
100/100 morph cost, 2 supply
Armored





...Aren't I clever?
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Marradron
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands1586 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-13 16:47:30
April 13 2010 15:40 GMT
#7
On April 14 2010 00:26 Random69 wrote:
Sorry I did not add any criteria, actually I will judge a winner based on the unit which stands out the most for me, can`t explain how I will choose, whatever my mind tells me would be a good addition to SC2.

I will also announce the winning unit concept.

Ok since this might get messy on this forum, here is what you can do.

My personal email is nothingtoseehere@gmail.com

Email your concept here with a header.

SC2 UNIT ENTRY (your Teamliquid username)

After the competition is over and I have decided a winner, I will post the winning unit concept here with some of the others I thought were worth of mentioning.

Have fun and goodluck


you do not want your personal email on a website like this. Use Pm if you have to.I suggest removing it. Otherwise a mod will most likely soon. ( If he doesn't just lock this thread. it doesnt hold up to the new guidelines i think)
Martijn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands1219 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-13 15:45:32
April 13 2010 15:44 GMT
#8
On April 14 2010 00:31 prodiG wrote:
Zerg Lurker

...Aren't I clever?


I was just waiting for someone to post that, thanks for not disappointing.
Oh and the guy is trying to give away something for free, give him a break haha.
http://www.glhf.tv fighting! Former WesternWolves & LowLandLions operations manager.
Random69
Profile Joined April 2010
35 Posts
April 13 2010 15:46 GMT
#9
On April 14 2010 00:40 Marradron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2010 00:26 Random69 wrote:
Sorry I did not add any criteria, actually I will judge a winner based on the unit which stands out the most for me, can`t explain how I will choose, whatever my mind tells me would be a good addition to SC2.

I will also announce the winning unit concept.

Ok since this might get messy on this forum, here is what you can do.

My personal email is Bubblegumblue69@gmail.com

Email your concept here with a header.

SC2 UNIT ENTRY (your Teamliquid username)

After the competition is over and I have decided a winner, I will post the winning unit concept here with some of the others I thought were worth of mentioning.

Have fun and goodluck


you do not want your personal email on a website like this. Use Pm if you have to.I suggest removing it. Otherwise a mod will most likely soon. ( If he doesn't just lock this thread. it doesnt hold up to the new guidelines i think)



Thanks for the concern heh, but I am not advertising anything, if I am it is my generosity

The pen is mightier than the sword, but the pen has no chance versus my Axe
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
April 13 2010 15:47 GMT
#10
i hope the guy with the "infestor launching banelings" are gonna post his idea(unless ofc he already have a beta)
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
ZenDeX
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Philippines2916 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-13 15:52:07
April 13 2010 15:48 GMT
#11
Zerg Ravager

Description:
Support caster unit.

Cost:
Low Minerals
High Vespene Gas
Moderate Population
Moderate Build Time

Statistics:
No Attack
No Armor
Moderate Movement Speed
200 Energy (+50 research)

Abilities:
Consume : kill target friendly unit to restore energy
Parasitic Disease : AoE ability. Units under the effect of Parasitic Disease will lose HP when moving. Units that die under the effect of Parasitic Disease will turn into infested units before completely dying.
Ravage Hook : Drag target enemy unit to caster's location.

EDIT: Changed the name of Infestation to Parasitic Disease.
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-13 16:22:12
April 13 2010 15:58 GMT
#12
This contest looks fun!
I'll give this contest a shot.
Here is my unit:

[image loading]


Ghost of Tassadar!
Requires both the Dark Shrine,
And Templar Archives.

He is unarmored.
He attacks for 12 damage
At a range of 8.

He has classic storm.
Huge area, big damage.
Just like SC1!

Guess what else he has?
Old school hallucination
(40 energy).

You'd only get one.
Like mothership, he's unique.
Built from a Nexus.

Mineral/Gas cost?
It's 100/400.
He starts with all spells.

Good ol' Tassadar.
He will be the first target
cuz storm rapes so hard.
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-13 16:09:03
April 13 2010 16:07 GMT
#13
I think I'll give this a shot
-------------------------------------------------------


- Lower mineral cost of Infestor to 50/150 and take away Infested Terran Spell

Zerg Desecrator:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Hive Tech Spellcaster
- Requires additional Hive-tech building
- Costs 100/200
- 100 life (one-shot by Seeker Missiles)
- 200 energy
- Build time: 50 seconds
- Vision of 7

~~~~~

* AoE spell "Mass Infest" (inherent)
- Costs 100 energy
- Range of 7 from Desecrator
- Effect radius of 2
- 3 second spell channel time, selected area is visible to opponent

- All units in the affected area are infested by slimy brown tentacle-like... things. All infested units become under Zerg control (whoever casted the spell), but lose health at a rate of 5 per second for light units, 8 for normal, 10 for armored, and 20 for massive, and have their speed cut in half. Affected spellcasters cannot cast spells.
- Desecrator cannot move while channeling the spell, and attacks on it do 50% more damage.

* AoE spell "Dark Swarm" (researched 200/200)
- Costs 75 energy
- Range of 7 from Desecrator
- Effect radius of 3
- No channel time, but ~0.5 second delay before Dark Swarm is activated (kinda like BW)

- All attacks on Zerg units under Dark Swarm have a 50% miss rate

* +25 starting energy (researched 100/100)

* Movement while burrowed (researched 150/150)

On April 14 2010 00:40 Marradron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2010 00:26 Random69 wrote:
Sorry I did not add any criteria, actually I will judge a winner based on the unit which stands out the most for me, can`t explain how I will choose, whatever my mind tells me would be a good addition to SC2.

I will also announce the winning unit concept.

Ok since this might get messy on this forum, here is what you can do.

My personal email is Bubblegumblue69@gmail.com

Email your concept here with a header.

SC2 UNIT ENTRY (your Teamliquid username)

After the competition is over and I have decided a winner, I will post the winning unit concept here with some of the others I thought were worth of mentioning.

Have fun and goodluck


you do not want your personal email on a website like this. Use Pm if you have to.I suggest removing it. Otherwise a mod will most likely soon. ( If he doesn't just lock this thread. it doesnt hold up to the new guidelines i think)


Well now that you quoted it, It'll always be here.
:)
Ursad0n
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States523 Posts
April 13 2010 16:09 GMT
#14
I believe he said to email it to him not post it here.
Minus points for not reading the thread (especially ecause there isn't even a full page of posts yet)

Definately going to tell my friend to do this as he is very creative :D
You make it sound like there's a correlation between what should happen and what actually happens. I mean, life is chaotic and it's often unfair. I know it is for me.
iamtenninja
Profile Joined April 2010
United States162 Posts
April 13 2010 16:09 GMT
#15
And here I thought Reapers should simply be given a researchable Flare ability that the Medivac lost
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
April 13 2010 16:13 GMT
#16
On April 14 2010 01:09 Ursad0n wrote:
I believe he said to email it to him not post it here.
Minus points for not reading the thread (especially ecause there isn't even a full page of posts yet)

Definately going to tell my friend to do this as he is very creative :D


Did email, just posting to see what others think of my idea.
:)
Khalleb
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1909 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-14 12:11:03
April 13 2010 16:16 GMT
#17
Protoss corsair

description: protoss air superiority

Cost:
[image loading]
150,
[image loading]
100
build time:
[image loading]
40
supply cost: 2
[image loading]
<


air attack: 5(+1) +5(+1)(light unit) splash domage

attack: Range: 7

cooldown: 8

shortcut: S

sigh: 9

Liquid'Nony: "I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok."
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
April 13 2010 16:21 GMT
#18
On April 14 2010 00:46 Random69 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2010 00:40 Marradron wrote:
On April 14 2010 00:26 Random69 wrote:
Sorry I did not add any criteria, actually I will judge a winner based on the unit which stands out the most for me, can`t explain how I will choose, whatever my mind tells me would be a good addition to SC2.

I will also announce the winning unit concept.

Ok since this might get messy on this forum, here is what you can do.

My personal email is Bubblegumblue69@gmail.com

Email your concept here with a header.

SC2 UNIT ENTRY (your Teamliquid username)

After the competition is over and I have decided a winner, I will post the winning unit concept here with some of the others I thought were worth of mentioning.

Have fun and goodluck


you do not want your personal email on a website like this. Use Pm if you have to.I suggest removing it. Otherwise a mod will most likely soon. ( If he doesn't just lock this thread. it doesnt hold up to the new guidelines i think)



Thanks for the concern heh, but I am not advertising anything, if I am it is my generosity


Well, I think he meant because spambots can pick up the email if you post it on public message boards :p
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Celesti
Profile Joined April 2010
69 Posts
April 13 2010 16:27 GMT
#19
Dark Phoenix - Dark Templars become pilots!

Cost : 200/150

Range : Melee

Damage : 45, can only damage air.

Armour : Biological - Psionic - Light

Hit points 40 Shield 80

Energy : 50
Abilities :
Cloak, makes the unit invisible.
Kamikaze (50 energy) + 50 dmg, upon being detected the pilot can choose to use their last seconds to get a bonus attack of 50.

Dark Templar uses his sword out of the cockpit window lol xD. Never played beta so just got stats from online.
Hammy
Profile Joined January 2009
France828 Posts
April 13 2010 16:39 GMT
#20
Me likey:

New Zerg unit:

Spine hopper:

-Evolved from roach
-Requires Lair
-costs: 50 minerals / 75 gas
-Approx 80hp

-Very fast unit with two attack types. Once speed upgraded (same upgrade as roaches), they move almost as fast as speedlings.

-Attack types:

*Fast, low range (approx 3 or 4), anti-air attack (lauches spikes from its back), anti-light damage
*GtG melee damage (very low standard damage + damage to armored)

-Abilities:
Cliff jumping! Reaper style.

This is not a worker harassing unit. It can be used to damage buildings, but because it's a melee unit it can't really kite stuff. However building harassement or anti-armored "support" in your army isn't it's main function. It's a fast GtA that can be used to hunt down flying units by jumping up and down terrain (hunting down your opponents air or even overlords in ZvZ). It's good when used in conjuction with zergling/bling armies too!
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings95
davetesta38
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 285
WinterStarcraft188
RuFF_SC2 112
CosmosSc2 76
ViBE54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2205
GuemChi 1416
Artosis 613
910 45
Bale 19
MaD[AoV]17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever295
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 510
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox843
Other Games
summit1g8907
Day[9].tv765
shahzam657
JimRising 625
C9.Mang0377
Trikslyr27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick585
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP42
• EnkiAlexander 28
• Letter146
• Hinosc 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv765
• Shiphtur661
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
14h 8m
The PondCast
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 20h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.