• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:36
CEST 18:36
KST 01:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8260 users

StarCraft 2 Beta Patch 2 (version 0.4.0.14133) - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 13 Next All
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
February 27 2010 05:07 GMT
#141
This is what happens when 70% of the player pool plays protoss and wins a lot.
Unlisked
Profile Joined February 2010
India28 Posts
February 27 2010 05:08 GMT
#142
toss got raped so hard...btw did they add new maps?
"BOOM BABY"-Marauder
Biribiri
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada21 Posts
February 27 2010 05:09 GMT
#143
They should at least make CB 25s so you can constantly CB a building, instead of having a 5s downtime waiting for energy.
Zilver
Profile Joined December 2008
Finland282 Posts
February 27 2010 05:20 GMT
#144
On February 27 2010 14:07 On_Slaught wrote:
This is what happens when 70% of the player pool plays protoss and wins a lot.


This happens when wow players join the beta and start spamming the balance board (they're experts at this).
1a2a3a iWin
sith
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2474 Posts
February 27 2010 05:23 GMT
#145
This forum could benefit towards the "WoW" way of thinking of nerfs/buffs.

Blizz's philosophy when it came to balance in WoW PvP is always to nerf, never to buff. The problem is, if you have one overpowered ability then you will usually need to buff more than one counter ability to match it. This creates a war of escalation and is much more difficult to keep track of than the alternative: nerfing. Nobody likes nerfing, but it's much, much easier to fix one attribute than change several others.

In this case, it's a lot easier to nerf Protoss than it is to buff Zerg/Terran which is what a lot of people are suggesting. I'm all in favor of Protoss nerfs if it means their balance is more on par with the other races, even though I play it myself.
omgCRAZY
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada551 Posts
February 27 2010 05:28 GMT
#146
Nice nerf to Chrono boost. Terrans early game got a nice buff, maybe the distribution between races will be a bit more even.
THIS NEEDS FACE!
Khalleb
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1909 Posts
February 27 2010 05:29 GMT
#147
I don' t have any problem about nerfing protoss, the only thing I don't like is why nerf the CB i don't hear any complain about that, but i hear alot from inject laerva, not only from toss player but from all race
Liquid'Nony: "I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok."
kickinhead
Profile Joined December 2008
Switzerland2069 Posts
February 27 2010 05:30 GMT
#148
nice for terran if you dont always wanna go Bio!

I love T Mech in SCII; so I think it's awesome.
https://soundcloud.com/thesamplethief
Ronald_McD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada807 Posts
February 27 2010 05:44 GMT
#149
HAHAHA
Protoss got nerfed to shit.
Terran lookin' sexy
Zerg pretty much stays the same.

I really want to see some potent changes for Zerg.
FUCKING GAY LAGS
Quixoticism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States80 Posts
February 27 2010 05:44 GMT
#150
I don't see why this change to CB is being taken like it's the end of the world for the protoss. Hopefully this will mean less Protoss players though as all the platinum streams seem to be PvP.
Personally, I hope Blizzard takes out the macro mechanics before the game ships.

It looks like all this patch does is effect the game timings.
I was somewhere, thinking something...
holy_war
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States3590 Posts
February 27 2010 05:46 GMT
#151
Guys, it's a damn beta. Shit will get nerfed and buffed often. It's totally possible that Protoss will get buffed again very soon.
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-27 06:09:01
February 27 2010 05:59 GMT
#152
I have realized something about Beta. While very fun, its also an extremely stressful time. Before we had to endure the torment of having no info and taking the developers scarce word on game change. With beta we have hands on input but still have to accept the designers final decision on how the game should be structured.

There are allot of things I think Blizzard could have put more polish/effort/creativity into. Macro in particular is one issue I felt could have been vastly improved but I am thankful for the progress that was made. Part of me still wonders what could have been had Blizzard pushed the envelope alittle bit more. I can understand the changes they are making as the easiest way to make the game "fit" and I am by no means calling Blizzard lazy...but part of me expected better from Blizzard.

My approach in light of this kind of disappointment/disagreement on so many issues is to not get too worked up over patch changes. Allot more uncomfortable changes will occur before beta is over and I really dont want my impression of SC2 to be tarnished before the game is even released.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
PGHammer
Profile Joined February 2010
United States132 Posts
February 27 2010 06:05 GMT
#153
I have an unrelated-to-gameplay (more related to performance) favor to ask of those that have moved to the second patch (if you play at any detail setting *above* all-medium), and it may sound strange.

If you're willing, drop down to all detail settings at medium *except* movies (leave those at 3D).

Yes; I have a reason for the odd request.

I have said before (specifically in the Graphics vs. Gameplay thread) that the original beta client was one of the best looking games at medium detail period (let alone one of the best-looking RTS titles, regardless of resolution) and I was wondering if the folks at Blizard could improve on it.

Ghu help us; they found a way.

I categorically admit to owning one of the weakest PCIe graphics cards on Earth (HIS AMD HD3450 PCIe with just 256 MB of DDR2). A decided wimp.

Yet despite the wimpy GPU, I can dial things up to 1360x800 (everything at medium, including physics, except for movies, which is at 3D/High), and without dropping below 20 fps. The original client would drop as far down as to 15 fps (5 frames/second less). And that was with physics switched *off*.

Still, despite the evidence of my own eyeballs, I want additional data (hence the question).

Apparently, despite the nerfing of the Mothership, Blizzard found time to sneak in some actual performance gains. I'm actually seriously impressed (nay, seriously shocked).

Bad news, fellas
Bischu
Profile Joined November 2008
Sweden25 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-27 06:54:11
February 27 2010 06:36 GMT
#154
Just lost my first straight up PvT scary feeling I dare say . So used to rejoice when faced against a terran. I'll play some more until I go QQing about imba but dang marines are so good with automicro.










OK NVM terran is unbelievably IMBA in PvT <.<,

How are you supposed to counter vikings? They rape anything airwise and since u then can't make collosus u get raped by marines. Guess storm or something but so easy to get emp'd. T_T
Hepl is the correct letters in the wrong order, but wtf happens if u take the wrong letters in the correct order?
PGHammer
Profile Joined February 2010
United States132 Posts
February 27 2010 06:43 GMT
#155
On February 27 2010 14:44 Quixoticism wrote:
I don't see why this change to CB is being taken like it's the end of the world for the protoss. Hopefully this will mean less Protoss players though as all the platinum streams seem to be PvP.
Personally, I hope Blizzard takes out the macro mechanics before the game ships.

It looks like all this patch does is effect the game timings.



The change is that you can't CB allied structures (you can still CB your own). Also, it costs *less* to CB (10 minerals, down from 15). Cooldown and length remain unchanged. For Terrans, this is partially offset by Extra Supplies (Supply Depot add-on from the CC; you do NOT lose that when upgrading to Orbital Command or Planetary Fortress); what remains is offset by Calldown MULE. The Zerg don't need the offset, as they have the lowest unit cost of any of the three species (as they did in SC1).

There is a surprise in this patch (other than the nerf and buffs) that I certainly wasn't expecting.

There is actually better performance compared to the original client (I went straight from the original to patch 2). I actually *added* Physics (Medium vs. Off), leaving all other settings at medium detail (default is low or off) at 1360x800/32-bit. I didn't drop below 24 fps at all. (The floor moved from 19 fps with the original client.)

Increase detail after two patches, but framerates improve?

Bad news, fellas
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
February 27 2010 06:44 GMT
#156
On February 27 2010 10:22 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
I really wish I had this patch when I was playing my first 80 games as Terran lol


and by 80, you mean 200
Rothbardian
Profile Joined January 2010
United States497 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-27 06:59:09
February 27 2010 06:57 GMT
#157
On February 27 2010 15:36 Neliel-54N wrote:
Just lost my first straight up PvT scary feeling I dare say . So used to rejoice when faced against a terran. I'll play some more until I go QQing about imba but dang marines are so good with automicro.










OK NVM terran is unbelievably IMBA in PvT <.<,

How are you supposed to counter vikings? They rape anything airwise and since u then can't make collosus u get raped by marines. Guess storm or something but so easy to get emp'd. T_T


Void Rays/Phoenix absolutely demolish vikings. Also, Stalkers are pretty good, too especially with blink. It all comes down to Micro.

Nothing changed the patch in regard with these units. Sure, Vikings got a little buff, but as a Terran player, I can say we are still the hardest race to play. There's a reason you scarcely see any Terrans in the running for the top spots...
"A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state." - Isabel Paterson <3
Khalleb
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1909 Posts
February 27 2010 07:00 GMT
#158
On February 27 2010 15:57 Rothbardian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2010 15:36 Neliel-54N wrote:
Just lost my first straight up PvT scary feeling I dare say . So used to rejoice when faced against a terran. I'll play some more until I go QQing about imba but dang marines are so good with automicro.










OK NVM terran is unbelievably IMBA in PvT <.<,

How are you supposed to counter vikings? They rape anything airwise and since u then can't make collosus u get raped by marines. Guess storm or something but so easy to get emp'd. T_T


Void Rays/Phoenix absolutely demolish vikings. Also, Stalkers are pretty good, too especially with blink. It all comes down to Micro.

Nothing changed the patch in regard with these units. Sure, Vikings got a little buff, but as a Terran player, I can say we are still the hardest race to play. There's a reason you scarcely see any Terrans in the running for the top spots...


maybe because the patch just release ?
Liquid'Nony: "I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok."
Jarvs
Profile Joined December 2009
Australia639 Posts
February 27 2010 07:02 GMT
#159
Blizzard has always had a brutal policy on patching. Typically they over-nerf something to see how much it effects the game before finding a solid middle ground. A lot of the time these brutal nerf patches do not see the light of day though. It's so incredibly likely that each race will go through some serious changes throughout the beta and this just so happens to be protoss' time.
Jenia6109
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Russian Federation1613 Posts
February 27 2010 07:34 GMT
#160
On February 27 2010 10:23 ocho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2010 10:22 Amber[LighT] wrote:
I'll be picking up terran for a bit until they make Protoss playable again.


Same

Same
INnoVation TY Maru | Classic Stats Dear sOs Zest herO | Rogue Dark soO
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 626
ComeBackTV 565
SteadfastSC381
Rex107
EnkiAlexander 52
CosmosSc2 41
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 381
Rex 107
UpATreeSC 64
CosmosSc2 41
Codebar 4
MindelVK 0
BRAT_OK 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41531
Hyuk 1507
Jaedong 1351
Mini 592
Soma 572
Horang2 524
BeSt 469
Larva 347
Rush 310
Soulkey 280
[ Show more ]
ZerO 256
Snow 200
Last 134
hero 85
sorry 58
Mind 56
Liquid`Ret 47
Free 41
Terrorterran 29
Killer 27
ToSsGirL 25
yabsab 22
Shine 22
Rock 21
Trap 18
HiyA 17
Dewaltoss 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8397
qojqva1593
Dendi780
Counter-Strike
Fnx 819
x6flipin578
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2534
Khaldor2073
Grubby833
Liquid`Hasu277
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2934
singsing1787
hiko766
B2W.Neo706
byalli460
ceh9247
KnowMe118
QueenE94
Mew2King78
Trikslyr42
Railgan18
ZerO(Twitch)18
Chillindude15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 6
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• Azhi_Dahaki3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3359
League of Legends
• Nemesis1825
• TFBlade728
Other Games
• Shiphtur356
• WagamamaTV229
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 24m
OSC
20h 24m
Stellar Fest
20h 24m
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 20h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.