• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:14
CEST 10:14
KST 17:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9513 users

Hot Shot achivement now enabled - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
alternateX
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia8 Posts
September 24 2010 12:53 GMT
#21
Well strangely enough I just got the Hot Shot achivement on my first game of 3v3 in the Platinum league. My original placement was Silver in 3v3 with 3W/2L and I worked my way to Platinum.

I was placed in silver yesterday in case anyone was wondering (it's a new account on the NA server, previously was on SEA).

So I dunno, maybe there's still a chance...
I return to serve
NadaSound
Profile Joined March 2010
United States227 Posts
September 24 2010 14:03 GMT
#22
I will never understand this achievement craze that games impart on people. It is funny that once a new achievement comes out people blow up and go crazy about the fact that they don't have it. Does any one actually look at other peoples achievements? I feel that players just look at their own.
Doctorasul
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Romania1145 Posts
September 24 2010 14:25 GMT
#23
I want them to create the "play 1500 games without earning any achievement" achievement.
"I believe in Spinoza's god who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a god who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings." - Albert Einstein
Purind
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Canada3562 Posts
September 24 2010 14:33 GMT
#24
On September 24 2010 23:25 Doctorasul wrote:
I want them to create the "play 1500 games without earning any achievement" achievement.


They should also have an easier one that's "Play 1000 games without earning any achievement." Wow, my mind just got blown
Trucy Wright is hot
nOia.pod
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary263 Posts
September 24 2010 15:03 GMT
#25
On September 23 2010 06:14 Black Gun wrote:
so does this mean if some1 doesnt manage to go 5-0 in one of the 4 tries he has, he will never again be able to finish this achievement?


Ladder reset? What do you say?
You see? The Drone became an extractor!
biomech
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany380 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-24 16:49:39
September 24 2010 16:48 GMT
#26
on some weird occasion i got "hot shot" with 4-1 placements 2v2 oO
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
September 24 2010 17:05 GMT
#27
Hey guys so its pretty obvoius this thing is still bugged. My question to all of you is has Blizzard ever even commented on the Hot Shot achievement. Threads made about it seem to go by unnoticed.

Also has anyone contacted customer support regarding this? What did they say?
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Islander
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada2 Posts
September 24 2010 17:10 GMT
#28
On September 23 2010 06:54 Archerofaiur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2010 06:14 Black Gun wrote:
so does this mean if some1 doesnt manage to go 5-0 in one of the 4 tries he has, he will never again be able to finish this achievement?



Not confirmed but I assume making a new team with a friend and winning all those placement matches would work.

Anyway there still appears to be a problem its not appearing for some people who should be getting it and randomly being awarded to some people who didnt win all there placement matchs.


Yeah none of my placements were 5-0 and i got the achievement randomly while playing campaign today lol
bobbingmatt
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia224 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-25 20:03:32
September 25 2010 17:30 GMT
#29
I was about to get it on NA when my computer decides 3:30am is a good time to windows update and restart my comp.
no
Sanguinarius
Profile Joined January 2010
United States3427 Posts
September 25 2010 23:36 GMT
#30
On September 24 2010 23:03 NadaSound wrote:
I will never understand this achievement craze that games impart on people. It is funny that once a new achievement comes out people blow up and go crazy about the fact that they don't have it. Does any one actually look at other peoples achievements? I feel that players just look at their own.


Must... Get.... More... Nerdpoints.!

But yeah, achievements give something for time invested. Its like icons. Is someone better with a Tassadar or a probe? You dont know, because icons dont mean skill. But they look awesome and I can assure you, people will look twice at you if you have a rare icon.

I had an Illidan in wc3, and not a day would go by where someone wouldn't comment on it.
Your strength is just an accident arising from the weakness of others -Heart of Darkness
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
September 26 2010 00:37 GMT
#31
On September 26 2010 08:36 Sanguinarius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2010 23:03 NadaSound wrote:
I will never understand this achievement craze that games impart on people. It is funny that once a new achievement comes out people blow up and go crazy about the fact that they don't have it. Does any one actually look at other peoples achievements? I feel that players just look at their own.


Must... Get.... More... Nerdpoints.!

But yeah, achievements give something for time invested. Its like icons. Is someone better with a Tassadar or a probe? You dont know, because icons dont mean skill. But they look awesome and I can assure you, people will look twice at you if you have a rare icon.

I had an Illidan in wc3, and not a day would go by where someone wouldn't comment on it.


It reminds me of Runescape haha. You spend 4 hours a day for 6 months cutting a tree, and then you get a skillcape. And people say, nice 99wc or nice cape, but if that's what makes people happy let it be. I myself get achievements because I want to complete the game. I don't like freestyling stuff when Im not done. So will I get 700 custom wins before I ladder? Yes. Will I get 800 FFA wins before I ladder seriously? Most likely. Most people think that's insane and stupid, but it makes the game good for me. Not to say I don't take a break every now and then to play with friends.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
awu25
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2003 Posts
September 26 2010 00:38 GMT
#32
On September 25 2010 02:05 Archerofaiur wrote:
Hey guys so its pretty obvoius this thing is still bugged. My question to all of you is has Blizzard ever even commented on the Hot Shot achievement. Threads made about it seem to go by unnoticed.

Also has anyone contacted customer support regarding this? What did they say?

maybe cause it's not a big deal and it's not even worth any points
customer support doesn't deal with things like this, they only deal with problems with your account, or your game not working
Slago
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada726 Posts
September 26 2010 03:08 GMT
#33
oooh cool i need to do this now
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I'm all out of... ah forget it
St. Fu
Profile Joined August 2010
United States75 Posts
September 26 2010 03:58 GMT
#34
I've never gone 5-0 and i have this achievement. Maybe you can get it by winning 5 placements in a row.
kzn
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1218 Posts
September 26 2010 04:48 GMT
#35
I got it after going 4-1 in placements.

Along with reports from friends, I can think of nothing that explains the behavior of this achievement. I'm guessing its bugged.
Like a G6
dogabutila
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1438 Posts
September 26 2010 05:40 GMT
#36
Somehow I got this after going 4-1.
Baller Fanclub || CheAse Fanclub || Scarlett Fanclub || LJD FIGHTING!
Chocobo
Profile Joined November 2006
United States1108 Posts
September 26 2010 22:18 GMT
#37
I have never cared about achievements in any other game before... but since SC2 is going to be a game I'm sticking with for a very long time, I decided what the heck, this will be my one time to experience achievement chasing.

It was a little more fun that I expected it would be, it's interesting to take on the variety of challenges and figure out the best way to accomplish the most difficult tasks. I know it's silly but I do get some feeling of accomplishment from pulling off tasks like 20 ghost snipe kills in a league game.

I'll be damned if I'm going to sit there and play for countless hours, just farming wins against the computer... and it's mind-boggling to me that there are achievements for farming hundreds of wins against the computer in 2v2 and 3v3 teams. Does anyone even do this?

I mean, I'm sure some people will do it because it's an achievement... but aside from that, does anyone sit there with two friends and team up against 3 computers all night long?

I'll be honest, I am slightly proud of my 3250 achievement score. I do check other people's profiles and notice their scores. I've noticed all of the serious players have low scores and tons of horrible players have high scores... haha.

I also checked the profile of a couple of serious achievement chasers who posted in achievement threads on here... one guy had something like 3920, which made me feel a little less proud of my score... which helped to remind me how utterly silly and pointless all of this stuff is.

But I think it's OK for a game you really love.

vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
September 27 2010 00:26 GMT
#38
On September 27 2010 07:18 Chocobo wrote:I'll be damned if I'm going to sit there and play for countless hours, just farming wins against the computer... and it's mind-boggling to me that there are achievements for farming hundreds of wins against the computer in 2v2 and 3v3 teams. Does anyone even do this?


i beat all the custom game achievements while on the phone, and i watch sc2 streams/tv/talk to people/whatever while getting the coop achievements. since i already finished insane wins before patch 1.1, its even easier to not pay attention on medium.

now i dont have to time to pound out 20 coop games while watching a movie, but i can still win a 2vAI as a break between assignments, whereas laddering would definitely not be possible.

also, playing against medium can be a good way to practice apm/multitasking/general macro without having to think of in depth strategy and wondering what your opponent is doing, but i only do that with IRL friends who prefer playing ai instead of team ladder as it is a little boring
Triky
Profile Joined September 2010
Peru99 Posts
September 27 2010 00:43 GMT
#39
I went 4-1 on 1v1 placement because i DCed D

i Hate that ! auto-lose by Dc
my life for pylo!
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
September 27 2010 01:53 GMT
#40
I agree with vicarious cheese. Nothing like many hours of repetious griniding to make macroing and hotkeying second nature. I dont even notice myself going back to base for workers/chronoboost anymore.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1273
BeSt 333
Soulkey 238
Soma 223
sorry 144
Mind 64
Larva 52
Bale 26
ZerO 25
soO 21
[ Show more ]
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
scan(afreeca) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
JimRising 613
Counter-Strike
edward419
Other Games
summit1g9202
Coldzera 687
WinterStarcraft660
singsing377
Sick215
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick725
BasetradeTV220
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2224
League of Legends
• Jankos1076
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 47m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.