• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:34
CEST 03:34
KST 10:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7557 users

NHL 2016 Cup Bracket - Canadian Free Since '93 - Page 2

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
April 17 2016 17:13 GMT
#21
On April 17 2016 18:00 Blisse wrote:
I like the Blues and Rangers so I am definitely biased, but it happened again today where the Ranger's goal was challenged and almost ruled offside for something that would've been like an inch off.

Like I get calling blatant offsides when refs just fail to look at the puck, but like it's literally an inch. Either have more accurate and high resolution cameras do the detection like tennis does, or make it lenient - if it's pretty much onside then it's onside. Some guy compiled a bunch of owner's comments and they all agreed that the challenge should only be used for blatant plays, not these close ones.

It's just a bummer because instead of cheering for a goal for or against, I have to spend a couple minutes anxiously waiting for someone to make sure it's a good goal. I bit against the spirit of the game I think.


===

someone said that rangers are using the IR excuse to intentionally scratch Girardi XD

I never really understood against the spirit of the game claims. Would much prefer to get it right, and a lot of those calls are very hard to make.
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
April 18 2016 04:30 GMT
#22
NYI take the series lead, but Reilly Smith now has 8 points +7 in 3 games. Did not see either of these things happening.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
nikj
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada669 Posts
April 18 2016 13:26 GMT
#23
Shit I missed the Bracket... What a pleb..

I will go on the record that I'm cheering for Washington and Florida this year as I have no Canadian team to Bandwagon on to. But I feel that the only 2 teams in the playoffs this year that can win a Cup are Chicago or LA. I hope I'm proven wrong!

Y'know sometimes people ask me y'know like "What's your religion and stuff?" And I'm like "y' know it's like RTS." Uh, and they're like, "What's that?" And I'm like, "Y'know it's kinda like, kinda like Buddism."
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
April 19 2016 02:40 GMT
#24
Alright, Sharks. Ronnie Lott just led you out of the locker room to the ice. You cannot let down the man who cut off a finger to win a Super Bowl!
LeeDawg
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1306 Posts
April 19 2016 02:41 GMT
#25
On April 18 2016 02:13 QuanticHawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2016 18:00 Blisse wrote:
I like the Blues and Rangers so I am definitely biased, but it happened again today where the Ranger's goal was challenged and almost ruled offside for something that would've been like an inch off.

Like I get calling blatant offsides when refs just fail to look at the puck, but like it's literally an inch. Either have more accurate and high resolution cameras do the detection like tennis does, or make it lenient - if it's pretty much onside then it's onside. Some guy compiled a bunch of owner's comments and they all agreed that the challenge should only be used for blatant plays, not these close ones.

It's just a bummer because instead of cheering for a goal for or against, I have to spend a couple minutes anxiously waiting for someone to make sure it's a good goal. I bit against the spirit of the game I think.


===

someone said that rangers are using the IR excuse to intentionally scratch Girardi XD

I never really understood against the spirit of the game claims. Would much prefer to get it right, and a lot of those calls are very hard to make.


Not like they even do get it right with challenges/review. the Roussel goal in game 2 of stars vs wild was so called a no goal on the ice, and yet they overturned it despite it clearly going in the net under a dislodged crossbar. made no sense whatsoever.
:-)
LeeDawg
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1306 Posts
April 19 2016 02:56 GMT
#26
On April 19 2016 11:41 LeeDawg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2016 02:13 QuanticHawk wrote:
On April 17 2016 18:00 Blisse wrote:
I like the Blues and Rangers so I am definitely biased, but it happened again today where the Ranger's goal was challenged and almost ruled offside for something that would've been like an inch off.

Like I get calling blatant offsides when refs just fail to look at the puck, but like it's literally an inch. Either have more accurate and high resolution cameras do the detection like tennis does, or make it lenient - if it's pretty much onside then it's onside. Some guy compiled a bunch of owner's comments and they all agreed that the challenge should only be used for blatant plays, not these close ones.

It's just a bummer because instead of cheering for a goal for or against, I have to spend a couple minutes anxiously waiting for someone to make sure it's a good goal. I bit against the spirit of the game I think.


===

someone said that rangers are using the IR excuse to intentionally scratch Girardi XD

I never really understood against the spirit of the game claims. Would much prefer to get it right, and a lot of those calls are very hard to make.


Not like they even do get it right with challenges/review. the Roussel goal in game 2 of stars vs wild was called a no goal on the ice, and yet they overturned it despite it clearly going in the net under a dislodged crossbar. made no sense whatsoever.

:-)
Jinxed
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States6450 Posts
April 19 2016 05:19 GMT
#27
On April 19 2016 11:41 LeeDawg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2016 02:13 QuanticHawk wrote:
On April 17 2016 18:00 Blisse wrote:
I like the Blues and Rangers so I am definitely biased, but it happened again today where the Ranger's goal was challenged and almost ruled offside for something that would've been like an inch off.

Like I get calling blatant offsides when refs just fail to look at the puck, but like it's literally an inch. Either have more accurate and high resolution cameras do the detection like tennis does, or make it lenient - if it's pretty much onside then it's onside. Some guy compiled a bunch of owner's comments and they all agreed that the challenge should only be used for blatant plays, not these close ones.

It's just a bummer because instead of cheering for a goal for or against, I have to spend a couple minutes anxiously waiting for someone to make sure it's a good goal. I bit against the spirit of the game I think.


===

someone said that rangers are using the IR excuse to intentionally scratch Girardi XD

I never really understood against the spirit of the game claims. Would much prefer to get it right, and a lot of those calls are very hard to make.


Not like they even do get it right with challenges/review. the Roussel goal in game 2 of stars vs wild was so called a no goal on the ice, and yet they overturned it despite it clearly going in the net under a dislodged crossbar. made no sense whatsoever.

Except for the whole part where the net wasn't dislodged... you know minor detail and all.
LiquidDota Staff"LeLoup is a great name pls undo." -Liquid`Nazgul
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
April 19 2016 05:30 GMT
#28
[image loading]
Kyhron
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States945 Posts
April 19 2016 08:23 GMT
#29
On April 19 2016 14:19 Jinxed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2016 11:41 LeeDawg wrote:
On April 18 2016 02:13 QuanticHawk wrote:
On April 17 2016 18:00 Blisse wrote:
I like the Blues and Rangers so I am definitely biased, but it happened again today where the Ranger's goal was challenged and almost ruled offside for something that would've been like an inch off.

Like I get calling blatant offsides when refs just fail to look at the puck, but like it's literally an inch. Either have more accurate and high resolution cameras do the detection like tennis does, or make it lenient - if it's pretty much onside then it's onside. Some guy compiled a bunch of owner's comments and they all agreed that the challenge should only be used for blatant plays, not these close ones.

It's just a bummer because instead of cheering for a goal for or against, I have to spend a couple minutes anxiously waiting for someone to make sure it's a good goal. I bit against the spirit of the game I think.


===

someone said that rangers are using the IR excuse to intentionally scratch Girardi XD

I never really understood against the spirit of the game claims. Would much prefer to get it right, and a lot of those calls are very hard to make.


Not like they even do get it right with challenges/review. the Roussel goal in game 2 of stars vs wild was so called a no goal on the ice, and yet they overturned it despite it clearly going in the net under a dislodged crossbar. made no sense whatsoever.

Except for the whole part where the net wasn't dislodged... you know minor detail and all.

Problem with the Challenge is that the Refs are both inconsistent and can't even get the call right despite using replays. How many times during the season did we have goalie interference despite massive evidence showing the offensive player being pushed into the goalie? The Challenge is really a shitshow thats more of a "can we get the refs to call something on this play we fucked up on" more than its challenging something worth challenging. We've for sure had 1 challenge this post-season absolutely change the tempo of a game. How many more will happen?
Denia1
Profile Joined January 2011
148 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-19 11:43:31
April 19 2016 11:29 GMT
#30
On April 19 2016 17:23 Kyhron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2016 14:19 Jinxed wrote:
On April 19 2016 11:41 LeeDawg wrote:
On April 18 2016 02:13 QuanticHawk wrote:
On April 17 2016 18:00 Blisse wrote:
I like the Blues and Rangers so I am definitely biased, but it happened again today where the Ranger's goal was challenged and almost ruled offside for something that would've been like an inch off.

Like I get calling blatant offsides when refs just fail to look at the puck, but like it's literally an inch. Either have more accurate and high resolution cameras do the detection like tennis does, or make it lenient - if it's pretty much onside then it's onside. Some guy compiled a bunch of owner's comments and they all agreed that the challenge should only be used for blatant plays, not these close ones.

It's just a bummer because instead of cheering for a goal for or against, I have to spend a couple minutes anxiously waiting for someone to make sure it's a good goal. I bit against the spirit of the game I think.


===

someone said that rangers are using the IR excuse to intentionally scratch Girardi XD

I never really understood against the spirit of the game claims. Would much prefer to get it right, and a lot of those calls are very hard to make.


Not like they even do get it right with challenges/review. the Roussel goal in game 2 of stars vs wild was so called a no goal on the ice, and yet they overturned it despite it clearly going in the net under a dislodged crossbar. made no sense whatsoever.

Except for the whole part where the net wasn't dislodged... you know minor detail and all.

Problem with the Challenge is that the Refs are both inconsistent and can't even get the call right despite using replays. How many times during the season did we have goalie interference despite massive evidence showing the offensive player being pushed into the goalie? The Challenge is really a shitshow thats more of a "can we get the refs to call something on this play we fucked up on" more than its challenging something worth challenging. We've for sure had 1 challenge this post-season absolutely change the tempo of a game. How many more will happen?


I don't think the Refs are inconsistent or bad, in fact they are some of the best the world has to offer. The problem lies within the rules that are open to interpretation. When such rules exist, there's always going to be disagreement, no matter how qualified your refs are. On top of that the two teams and the fans are constantly going to be at each other's throats, because they will both have a valid interpretation that supports their case.

There are so many rules when the referee has to judge a player's intentions it's laughable. Prime example would be the Dallas Stars vs. Minessota Wild game 2, where Roussel kicks the puck onto the goalkeepers back and into the net from BEHIND the net! Is it apparent from his motions he was actually just trying to handle the puck and play it? Yes, it is. So under the current rules the goal is legal, if we put aside the whole notion that players can simulate and pretend things are not intentional via their body language, even though they are in fact intentional. Competitive players at the highest level wouldn't do such a thing to gain an edge right, or would they?
Additionally, no matter how you look at the replay it just bloody looks like this is soccer, not ice hockey. Sure pucks can deflect of people's bodies and skates and be legal goals, but this one in particular just screams at me, that it's not hockey, what a ridiculous goal. The solution is to make rules clear and not open to interpretation. If a goal comes of an attacking player's skate blade just disallow it and to hell with intentionality and distinct kicking motions. We may have less goals, but at least the rules will be clear and not open to interpretation.

On April 18 2016 02:13 QuanticHawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2016 18:00 Blisse wrote:
I like the Blues and Rangers so I am definitely biased, but it happened again today where the Ranger's goal was challenged and almost ruled offside for something that would've been like an inch off.

Like I get calling blatant offsides when refs just fail to look at the puck, but like it's literally an inch. Either have more accurate and high resolution cameras do the detection like tennis does, or make it lenient - if it's pretty much onside then it's onside. Some guy compiled a bunch of owner's comments and they all agreed that the challenge should only be used for blatant plays, not these close ones.

It's just a bummer because instead of cheering for a goal for or against, I have to spend a couple minutes anxiously waiting for someone to make sure it's a good goal. I bit against the spirit of the game I think.


===

someone said that rangers are using the IR excuse to intentionally scratch Girardi XD

I never really understood against the spirit of the game claims. Would much prefer to get it right, and a lot of those calls are very hard to make.


I don't think he means that checking the replay for rule legality and making sure to get it right is against the spirit of the game, that's fine. What's against the spirit of the game are the constant interruptions to play it causes, therefore the rules need to be more lenient, so that we don't have a 5 minute investigation on each 3rd goal.


Bomber, MC, Jaedong, Scarlett, Grubby, DeMuslim, fy, Super, n0tail, Illidan, Universe
Kyhron
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States945 Posts
April 19 2016 18:26 GMT
#31
On April 19 2016 20:29 Denia1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2016 17:23 Kyhron wrote:
On April 19 2016 14:19 Jinxed wrote:
On April 19 2016 11:41 LeeDawg wrote:
On April 18 2016 02:13 QuanticHawk wrote:
On April 17 2016 18:00 Blisse wrote:
I like the Blues and Rangers so I am definitely biased, but it happened again today where the Ranger's goal was challenged and almost ruled offside for something that would've been like an inch off.

Like I get calling blatant offsides when refs just fail to look at the puck, but like it's literally an inch. Either have more accurate and high resolution cameras do the detection like tennis does, or make it lenient - if it's pretty much onside then it's onside. Some guy compiled a bunch of owner's comments and they all agreed that the challenge should only be used for blatant plays, not these close ones.

It's just a bummer because instead of cheering for a goal for or against, I have to spend a couple minutes anxiously waiting for someone to make sure it's a good goal. I bit against the spirit of the game I think.


===

someone said that rangers are using the IR excuse to intentionally scratch Girardi XD

I never really understood against the spirit of the game claims. Would much prefer to get it right, and a lot of those calls are very hard to make.


Not like they even do get it right with challenges/review. the Roussel goal in game 2 of stars vs wild was so called a no goal on the ice, and yet they overturned it despite it clearly going in the net under a dislodged crossbar. made no sense whatsoever.

Except for the whole part where the net wasn't dislodged... you know minor detail and all.

Problem with the Challenge is that the Refs are both inconsistent and can't even get the call right despite using replays. How many times during the season did we have goalie interference despite massive evidence showing the offensive player being pushed into the goalie? The Challenge is really a shitshow thats more of a "can we get the refs to call something on this play we fucked up on" more than its challenging something worth challenging. We've for sure had 1 challenge this post-season absolutely change the tempo of a game. How many more will happen?


I don't think the Refs are inconsistent or bad, in fact they are some of the best the world has to offer. The problem lies within the rules that are open to interpretation. When such rules exist, there's always going to be disagreement, no matter how qualified your refs are. On top of that the two teams and the fans are constantly going to be at each other's throats, because they will both have a valid interpretation that supports their case.

There are so many rules when the referee has to judge a player's intentions it's laughable. Prime example would be the Dallas Stars vs. Minessota Wild game 2, where Roussel kicks the puck onto the goalkeepers back and into the net from BEHIND the net! Is it apparent from his motions he was actually just trying to handle the puck and play it? Yes, it is. So under the current rules the goal is legal, if we put aside the whole notion that players can simulate and pretend things are not intentional via their body language, even though they are in fact intentional. Competitive players at the highest level wouldn't do such a thing to gain an edge right, or would they?
Additionally, no matter how you look at the replay it just bloody looks like this is soccer, not ice hockey. Sure pucks can deflect of people's bodies and skates and be legal goals, but this one in particular just screams at me, that it's not hockey, what a ridiculous goal. The solution is to make rules clear and not open to interpretation. If a goal comes of an attacking player's skate blade just disallow it and to hell with intentionality and distinct kicking motions. We may have less goals, but at least the rules will be clear and not open to interpretation.

Show nested quote +
On April 18 2016 02:13 QuanticHawk wrote:
On April 17 2016 18:00 Blisse wrote:
I like the Blues and Rangers so I am definitely biased, but it happened again today where the Ranger's goal was challenged and almost ruled offside for something that would've been like an inch off.

Like I get calling blatant offsides when refs just fail to look at the puck, but like it's literally an inch. Either have more accurate and high resolution cameras do the detection like tennis does, or make it lenient - if it's pretty much onside then it's onside. Some guy compiled a bunch of owner's comments and they all agreed that the challenge should only be used for blatant plays, not these close ones.

It's just a bummer because instead of cheering for a goal for or against, I have to spend a couple minutes anxiously waiting for someone to make sure it's a good goal. I bit against the spirit of the game I think.


===

someone said that rangers are using the IR excuse to intentionally scratch Girardi XD

I never really understood against the spirit of the game claims. Would much prefer to get it right, and a lot of those calls are very hard to make.


I don't think he means that checking the replay for rule legality and making sure to get it right is against the spirit of the game, that's fine. What's against the spirit of the game are the constant interruptions to play it causes, therefore the rules need to be more lenient, so that we don't have a 5 minute investigation on each 3rd goal.



Refs have been horribly inconsistent this year with reviews involving Goalie Interference. The rules are very clear that there cannot be interference called on a play where the defenseman pushes the offensive player into the goalie and yet there have been at least a dozen times that I can think of at the least where that happened and interference was called regardless. It got to a point near the last third or so of the season there was a consistent amount of it going on clearly on purpose trying to fish for the interference call. There's room for interpretation but when there's clearly defined rules on a call and half the time they're followed and half the time they aren't isn't interpretation its straight up inconsistency.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 20 2016 05:58 GMT
#32
<3 Blues!

I need to buy a Tarsenko jersey to replace my Leafs Kessel one :3
There is no one like you in the universe.
Denia1
Profile Joined January 2011
148 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-20 13:40:42
April 20 2016 13:30 GMT
#33
On April 20 2016 03:26 Kyhron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2016 20:29 Denia1 wrote:
On April 19 2016 17:23 Kyhron wrote:
On April 19 2016 14:19 Jinxed wrote:
On April 19 2016 11:41 LeeDawg wrote:
On April 18 2016 02:13 QuanticHawk wrote:
On April 17 2016 18:00 Blisse wrote:
I like the Blues and Rangers so I am definitely biased, but it happened again today where the Ranger's goal was challenged and almost ruled offside for something that would've been like an inch off.

Like I get calling blatant offsides when refs just fail to look at the puck, but like it's literally an inch. Either have more accurate and high resolution cameras do the detection like tennis does, or make it lenient - if it's pretty much onside then it's onside. Some guy compiled a bunch of owner's comments and they all agreed that the challenge should only be used for blatant plays, not these close ones.

It's just a bummer because instead of cheering for a goal for or against, I have to spend a couple minutes anxiously waiting for someone to make sure it's a good goal. I bit against the spirit of the game I think.


===

someone said that rangers are using the IR excuse to intentionally scratch Girardi XD

I never really understood against the spirit of the game claims. Would much prefer to get it right, and a lot of those calls are very hard to make.


Not like they even do get it right with challenges/review. the Roussel goal in game 2 of stars vs wild was so called a no goal on the ice, and yet they overturned it despite it clearly going in the net under a dislodged crossbar. made no sense whatsoever.

Except for the whole part where the net wasn't dislodged... you know minor detail and all.

Problem with the Challenge is that the Refs are both inconsistent and can't even get the call right despite using replays. How many times during the season did we have goalie interference despite massive evidence showing the offensive player being pushed into the goalie? The Challenge is really a shitshow thats more of a "can we get the refs to call something on this play we fucked up on" more than its challenging something worth challenging. We've for sure had 1 challenge this post-season absolutely change the tempo of a game. How many more will happen?


I don't think the Refs are inconsistent or bad, in fact they are some of the best the world has to offer. The problem lies within the rules that are open to interpretation. When such rules exist, there's always going to be disagreement, no matter how qualified your refs are. On top of that the two teams and the fans are constantly going to be at each other's throats, because they will both have a valid interpretation that supports their case.

There are so many rules when the referee has to judge a player's intentions it's laughable. Prime example would be the Dallas Stars vs. Minessota Wild game 2, where Roussel kicks the puck onto the goalkeepers back and into the net from BEHIND the net! Is it apparent from his motions he was actually just trying to handle the puck and play it? Yes, it is. So under the current rules the goal is legal, if we put aside the whole notion that players can simulate and pretend things are not intentional via their body language, even though they are in fact intentional. Competitive players at the highest level wouldn't do such a thing to gain an edge right, or would they?
Additionally, no matter how you look at the replay it just bloody looks like this is soccer, not ice hockey. Sure pucks can deflect of people's bodies and skates and be legal goals, but this one in particular just screams at me, that it's not hockey, what a ridiculous goal. The solution is to make rules clear and not open to interpretation. If a goal comes of an attacking player's skate blade just disallow it and to hell with intentionality and distinct kicking motions. We may have less goals, but at least the rules will be clear and not open to interpretation.

On April 18 2016 02:13 QuanticHawk wrote:
On April 17 2016 18:00 Blisse wrote:
I like the Blues and Rangers so I am definitely biased, but it happened again today where the Ranger's goal was challenged and almost ruled offside for something that would've been like an inch off.

Like I get calling blatant offsides when refs just fail to look at the puck, but like it's literally an inch. Either have more accurate and high resolution cameras do the detection like tennis does, or make it lenient - if it's pretty much onside then it's onside. Some guy compiled a bunch of owner's comments and they all agreed that the challenge should only be used for blatant plays, not these close ones.

It's just a bummer because instead of cheering for a goal for or against, I have to spend a couple minutes anxiously waiting for someone to make sure it's a good goal. I bit against the spirit of the game I think.


===

someone said that rangers are using the IR excuse to intentionally scratch Girardi XD

I never really understood against the spirit of the game claims. Would much prefer to get it right, and a lot of those calls are very hard to make.


I don't think he means that checking the replay for rule legality and making sure to get it right is against the spirit of the game, that's fine. What's against the spirit of the game are the constant interruptions to play it causes, therefore the rules need to be more lenient, so that we don't have a 5 minute investigation on each 3rd goal.



Refs have been horribly inconsistent this year with reviews involving Goalie Interference. The rules are very clear that there cannot be interference called on a play where the defenseman pushes the offensive player into the goalie and yet there have been at least a dozen times that I can think of at the least where that happened and interference was called regardless. It got to a point near the last third or so of the season there was a consistent amount of it going on clearly on purpose trying to fish for the interference call. There's room for interpretation but when there's clearly defined rules on a call and half the time they're followed and half the time they aren't isn't interpretation its straight up inconsistency.


Sure, there were a bunch of bad and inconsistent calls. That doesn't take away from the fact that rules should be simple and not open to interpretation, because then the human error of referees is way multiplied by the systematic errors originating from the system. How do you draw the line between the offensive player being pushed into the goalie, and the offensive player pretending to be pushed in order to interfere with the goalie? The offensive player can even hit against the defenseman signalling that he wants to get away and then pretend to be bumped back onto the goalie. How does a referee see that and read the players intentions? These rules are open to interpretation and highly sensitive to human error, so effectively, they are bad rules.

What I am saying is that when a ref makes a mistake it should be crystal clear he made a mistake when the decision is reviewed. There shouldn't be a number of competing and equally valid interpretations of the same events on the ice, because these rules should when at all possible be defined by physical events and boundaries and not by players' intentions where the referee has to read their body language and minds to make the correct call. Yes, there will be situations that are impossible to define physically, but they should be kept at a minimum, which currently is not the case at all.
Bomber, MC, Jaedong, Scarlett, Grubby, DeMuslim, fy, Super, n0tail, Illidan, Universe
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
April 20 2016 15:57 GMT
#34
On April 20 2016 14:58 Blisse wrote:
<3 Blues!

I need to buy a Tarsenko jersey to replace my Leafs Kessel one :3

he is so damn good

which is opposite of how i feel about the rangers atm
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-20 19:54:23
April 20 2016 19:51 GMT
#35


omg this account

ready for kings to restore balance to the sj mojo? :3
There is no one like you in the universe.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-21 03:09:18
April 21 2016 02:59 GMT
#36
Sharks need to reshuffle their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines. The current set up isn't getting it done. Marleau and the 4th line have been particularly bad.

I also have this nagging suspicion that it is Couture's destiny to always be a bitch in the playoffs.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
April 21 2016 20:24 GMT
#37
--- Nuked ---
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
April 21 2016 21:26 GMT
#38
On April 22 2016 05:24 JimmiC wrote:
I think the sharks are putting it together this year. or maybe its hope. Either way I would love to see thorton win, one of the good guys in hockey and so underrated.

On paper, this is the best Sharks team that they have iced since 2009. They have a legit top line, two excellent #1 d-men (Burns and Vlasic), a solid goalie, and plenty of depth at all positions. I am also very pleasantly surprised at how good of a coach DeBoer is, which is directly translating into how good the power play looks. That said, I am continually bothered (as are Sharks fans in general) at how some of the prominent Sharks keep getting rubbed out on the score sheet -- notably Couture and Marleau. Marleau is playing on the third line, FFS. With his skillset, he should be dominating the ice. Granted, the Kings are unquestionably an elite 5v5 team that can roll four solid lines, but I still feel like the Sharks' 2nd - 4th lines are not playing as well as they should be. The Sharks first line and power play are carrying the team hard. It's also critical that Jones is keeping up with Quick's ridiculously good goaltending in this series.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
April 22 2016 02:49 GMT
#39
C'mon, Blues. Deep-six those damned Blackhawks.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
April 22 2016 03:52 GMT
#40
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings74
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 145
RuFF_SC2 114
ProTech59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15772
Rain 2245
Artosis 570
NaDa 19
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3503
Counter-Strike
taco 388
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox600
Mew2King105
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor972
Other Games
summit1g8555
Day[9].tv706
JimRising 558
PiGStarcraft316
C9.Mang0265
ArmadaUGS70
ViBE49
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV232
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream104
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 158
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP61
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv706
• Scarra578
• Shiphtur146
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 26m
OSC
20h 26m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.