• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:30
CEST 17:30
KST 00:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10842 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 136

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 134 135 136 137 138 234 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 13 2016 15:37 GMT
#2701
On October 12 2016 12:37 Jerubaal wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with jogging after massive weight gain? In high school and college I hovered around 62kg at 1.75M. I did 3 half marathons in high school without too much trouble. 10 years and 15kg later... going 3 times around the park is murder. Tonight my quads gave out before my lungs did. Pretty funny.


Man running used to be so easy when i was like 75-80kg...try running at 100-105kg rofl. Like anything, the more you do it the easier it gets. Will take a bit of time and effort to get in running shape.

On October 12 2016 21:32 mordek wrote:
Related, now I have to be concerned about chafing my inner thighs when I run... After being a lean runner type my whole life, my thighs touching when I stand is still a bizarre sensation.


Gold bond + Compression shorts.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
October 13 2016 16:06 GMT
#2702
Imo running is for people that are already in decent shape. Of course it depends on how you define decent, but I really dont think it is the first way to go for anyone overweight.
Off-season = best season
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
October 13 2016 16:08 GMT
#2703
On October 14 2016 01:06 Redox wrote:
Imo running is for people that are already in decent shape. Of course it depends on how you define decent, but I really dont think it is the first way to go for anyone overweight.

This is absolutely correct and incredibly helpful for us big boys (and girls) who are looking to get into fitness.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
October 13 2016 16:52 GMT
#2704
On October 14 2016 00:37 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2016 12:37 Jerubaal wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with jogging after massive weight gain? In high school and college I hovered around 62kg at 1.75M. I did 3 half marathons in high school without too much trouble. 10 years and 15kg later... going 3 times around the park is murder. Tonight my quads gave out before my lungs did. Pretty funny.


Man running used to be so easy when i was like 75-80kg...try running at 100-105kg rofl. Like anything, the more you do it the easier it gets. Will take a bit of time and effort to get in running shape.

Show nested quote +
On October 12 2016 21:32 mordek wrote:
Related, now I have to be concerned about chafing my inner thighs when I run... After being a lean runner type my whole life, my thighs touching when I stand is still a bizarre sensation.


Gold bond + Compression shorts.

Yeah, its a pain to have to make special efforts to run but I just have to accept it as a cost of skwaats. I only have another month or so of this challenge that includes running and I might just ask to switch to biking anyways. My IT bands are starting to act up again since running regularly again.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
October 13 2016 16:55 GMT
#2705
Just gotta do some heavier foam rolling dawg, my IT bands literally take over my legs if I stop for any considerable amount of time.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-14 11:35:50
October 14 2016 10:11 GMT
#2706
On October 12 2016 12:37 Jerubaal wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with jogging after massive weight gain? In high school and college I hovered around 62kg at 1.75M. I did 3 half marathons in high school without too much trouble. 10 years and 15kg later... going 3 times around the park is murder. Tonight my quads gave out before my lungs did. Pretty funny.


My best 10K was 38min 54s 2 and a half years ago (damn time fly) I put on 12kg of muscle since (1m75 58-59kg vs 70-71kg now).
I tried a 10K 2 months ago 54min (but no serious running training in more than a year)
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
October 14 2016 18:18 GMT
#2707
On October 14 2016 01:55 farvacola wrote:
Just gotta do some heavier foam rolling dawg, my IT bands literally take over my legs if I stop for any considerable amount of time.

Yeah I've been increasing the frequency of foam rolling. It's being tenacious though.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
October 15 2016 02:14 GMT
#2708
Are there any common and reliable appetite suppressants besides caffeine? When I IF'd a lot I'd just smoke and drink water, think of getting some of those appetite suppressant teas.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
October 15 2016 02:50 GMT
#2709
real men dont use appetite suppressants
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
October 15 2016 03:05 GMT
#2710
I used to love pre-workouts and stim bombs (even did some clen); nowadays I just consume a bit too much coffee and I find that I have a much better handle on my energy levels lol
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 15 2016 10:49 GMT
#2711
On October 15 2016 11:14 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Are there any common and reliable appetite suppressants besides caffeine? When I IF'd a lot I'd just smoke and drink water, think of getting some of those appetite suppressant teas.

Any stimulant is going to have a mild appetite suppressing effect. Other than that, there's nothing that i'm aware of thats both 1) legal and 2) effective enough to be worthwhile.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
October 15 2016 11:33 GMT
#2712
nicotine :X
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
October 15 2016 12:36 GMT
#2713
Guys I'm almost died today pulling conventional after a year. The last time I did I managed to pull 170kg, and now more than a year later I almost killed myself with 210. Form is fucked up but I'm quite happy I managed to get it. I think getting this to 500lbs will help my Sumo a lot.



Hoping to pull 600lbs Sumo by the end of next year!
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
October 15 2016 12:48 GMT
#2714
On October 15 2016 03:18 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2016 01:55 farvacola wrote:
Just gotta do some heavier foam rolling dawg, my IT bands literally take over my legs if I stop for any considerable amount of time.

Yeah I've been increasing the frequency of foam rolling. It's being tenacious though.


I've found directly rolling the IT Band to be a waste of time. It's just such a thick piece of fascia that rolling doesn't do much. Using a lacrosse ball at the TFL or at the base of the band near the knee area works a lot better for me.
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
October 15 2016 14:57 GMT
#2715
@zulu_nation8- Have you tried cutting back on your sugar?
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
October 15 2016 15:27 GMT
#2716
i'm assuming a clean diet
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
October 15 2016 20:04 GMT
#2717
On October 14 2016 19:11 Philozovic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2016 12:37 Jerubaal wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with jogging after massive weight gain? In high school and college I hovered around 62kg at 1.75M. I did 3 half marathons in high school without too much trouble. 10 years and 15kg later... going 3 times around the park is murder. Tonight my quads gave out before my lungs did. Pretty funny.


My best 10K was 38min 54s 2 and a half years ago (damn time fly) I put on 12kg of muscle since (1m75 58-59kg vs 70-71kg now).
I tried a 10K 2 months ago 54min (but no serious running training in more than a year)


still pretty ok
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 15 2016 20:53 GMT
#2718
On October 15 2016 21:48 Ehzera wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2016 03:18 mordek wrote:
On October 14 2016 01:55 farvacola wrote:
Just gotta do some heavier foam rolling dawg, my IT bands literally take over my legs if I stop for any considerable amount of time.

Yeah I've been increasing the frequency of foam rolling. It's being tenacious though.


I've found directly rolling the IT Band to be a waste of time. It's just such a thick piece of fascia that rolling doesn't do much. Using a lacrosse ball at the TFL or at the base of the band near the knee area works a lot better for me.

Agreed, I just hit the tfl, glutes, hams, and quads
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 17 2016 12:16 GMT
#2719
Happy birthday decaf!
Official Entusman #21
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 17 2016 18:53 GMT
#2720
Played Rugby saturday. Knee is so bad today that i nearly fell over getting up from a bodyweight squat during a physical for a new job today. Old man confirmed.
Prev 1 134 135 136 137 138 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 338
OGKoka 260
Codebar 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40720
Calm 3844
Shuttle 1918
Bisu 1629
FanTaSy 1456
Mini 1103
Soma 701
Rush 581
EffOrt 477
Stork 328
[ Show more ]
Light 296
actioN 282
Snow 249
Hyuk 246
firebathero 210
ZerO 209
Dewaltoss 106
Zeus 85
Barracks 80
hero 71
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 48
Killer 46
Pusan 36
Sharp 36
Hyun 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Free 26
Shine 20
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
PianO 17
HiyA 16
sorry 16
zelot 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7710
Dendi1002
League of Legends
KnowMe41
Counter-Strike
x6flipin674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes553
Other Games
singsing2300
hiko1591
B2W.Neo357
byalli269
mouzStarbuck203
Livibee199
Liquid`VortiX186
Hui .169
Beastyqt136
Mew2King69
Trikslyr59
RotterdaM23
Rex19
ZerO(Twitch)15
FrodaN0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV248
League of Legends
• Nemesis2683
Other Games
• Shiphtur549
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 45m
Replay Cast
7h 30m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.