• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:01
CEST 04:01
KST 11:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9402 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 137

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 234 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
October 18 2016 02:05 GMT
#2721
Lol I feel your pain. I played on Saturday and barely worked up to like 70% snatch/cj today because everything hurts.
On October 17 2016 21:16 infinity21 wrote:
Happy birthday decaf!

Thanks!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
October 18 2016 02:14 GMT
#2722
So I've been going 3-4 times a week for the past month which has been the most often since before summer. I divide it up into something like shoulders, chest, legs, back, sometimes I'll combine shoulders and legs. On a lot of days I run out of things to do, I've been adding post lifting medicine ball core exercises, then fill whatever time left with cardio. What do the people who go 5x a week do? Just more exercises?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
October 18 2016 02:23 GMT
#2723
There's always more to do. More legs.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
October 18 2016 02:30 GMT
#2724
I'm already doing like 6 exercises per for chest/back. For legs I do about 6x3 squats, weighted glute ham raises, then run, should I start adding weird shit like split squats and dumbbell lunges?
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 18 2016 02:31 GMT
#2725
I feel like my squat doesn't go up unless I do it every day

That being said, I generally need to get off my ass and lift.
Official Entusman #21
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-18 02:59:05
October 18 2016 02:58 GMT
#2726
On October 18 2016 11:30 zulu_nation8 wrote:
I'm already doing like 6 exercises per for chest/back. For legs I do about 6x3 squats, weighted glute ham raises, then run, should I start adding weird shit like split squats and dumbbell lunges?


Uh, yes, you should. Jesus. Only two exercises for legs? And you call yourself a lifter? Once a week????
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
October 18 2016 19:18 GMT
#2727
A couple of notable lifters only recommend doing variations of squats and deadlifts for leg day. That being said, most of them are elite level lifters who get a fuckton of volume in from those two movements alone.

There are tons of good lower body lifts you could add in though: high bar squats, low bar squats, front squats, pause squats, conventional DL, sumo DL, pause deadlifts, SLDL, RDL, GHR, leg curls, leg extensions, leg press, split squats, barbell hip thrusts, etc. are all good additional movements. Almost all of those are possible with equipment available at every single gym worth going to. You should probably be doing a main squat movement, a secondary squat movement, a main deadlift movement, a secondary deadlift movement, and then the isolation exercises of your choice if you really can't come up with any other exercises to do.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
October 19 2016 04:59 GMT
#2728
Did some dumbbell lunges today for probably the first time ever, felt eh, but I guess more exercises for hamstrings/glutes is always good. I may try to alternate between back squats and front squats weekly but what's the point of doing different variations of squats on the same day?
Pontual
Profile Joined October 2016
Brazil3038 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-19 10:20:25
October 19 2016 10:20 GMT
#2729
I am 1,85m and 55kg. My goal is to gain 5kg until 31 January. It's a small goal but keep in mind that I've hardcore tried to gain weight before and in 2 months eating 9 times per day (not small meals), took whey protein and worked out every single day, got really frustrated that through this whole time i gained 0kg. But maybe that time my body wasa still in formation and growing. Now I think it's time to be happier with my body. Any tips are welcome.
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 19 2016 11:21 GMT
#2730
Similar weight gain discuss about 10 pages ago. Same advice for people wanting to lose weight..
A) use a mirror instead of scale to get where you want (harder goal to measure though)
B) actually count what you're eating. People seriously misjudge how much they really are consuming.

Have you calculated how much you'd need to eat per week to get 5kg in 3 months?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
October 19 2016 12:33 GMT
#2731
I've been foam rolling and using the lacrosse ball in the morning and evenings and this TFL/IT/Quad tightness has been crazy. Spent 15 min kettlebell smashing this morning and its slightly better. Its only my left thigh too which is a little strange. The right is a normal tight/sore from lifting.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Pontual
Profile Joined October 2016
Brazil3038 Posts
October 19 2016 12:43 GMT
#2732
That time I said before I actually counted, went to a nutricionist and stuff.
I'm willing to eat 6 times per day, eating about 1,5x more in breakfast, lunch and supper. Adding a second breakfast and afternoon snack and a pre sleep light meal if I can.
Per week I'll expend 150 dollars with food, healthy as i can.
Using the mirror is a nice tip, I want to have a nice shape, not showing every rib and stuff. Won't workout, just play soccer 2 times a week.
Will read that discussion, thanks friend!
This time i think it'll work because i'm 22, that time I was young, 17 years old, thought at the time that my body wasn't ready.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 19 2016 13:04 GMT
#2733
On October 19 2016 21:43 Pontual wrote:
That time I said before I actually counted, went to a nutricionist and stuff.
I'm willing to eat 6 times per day, eating about 1,5x more in breakfast, lunch and supper. Adding a second breakfast and afternoon snack and a pre sleep light meal if I can.
Per week I'll expend 150 dollars with food, healthy as i can.
Using the mirror is a nice tip, I want to have a nice shape, not showing every rib and stuff. Won't workout, just play soccer 2 times a week.
Will read that discussion, thanks friend!
This time i think it'll work because i'm 22, that time I was young, 17 years old, thought at the time that my body wasn't ready.


Keep up the good attitutude. At your size, focus on putting weight on the major lifts (Squat, Bench, Deadlift. Overhead press) and everything else will follow.

Do perform accesory work aswell afterwards (Romanian deadlifts, dips, pull ups (weigthted), rows, etc)
Pontual
Profile Joined October 2016
Brazil3038 Posts
October 19 2016 13:17 GMT
#2734
On October 19 2016 22:04 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2016 21:43 Pontual wrote:
That time I said before I actually counted, went to a nutricionist and stuff.
I'm willing to eat 6 times per day, eating about 1,5x more in breakfast, lunch and supper. Adding a second breakfast and afternoon snack and a pre sleep light meal if I can.
Per week I'll expend 150 dollars with food, healthy as i can.
Using the mirror is a nice tip, I want to have a nice shape, not showing every rib and stuff. Won't workout, just play soccer 2 times a week.
Will read that discussion, thanks friend!
This time i think it'll work because i'm 22, that time I was young, 17 years old, thought at the time that my body wasn't ready.


Keep up the good attitutude. At your size, focus on putting weight on the major lifts (Squat, Bench, Deadlift. Overhead press) and everything else will follow.

Do perform accesory work aswell afterwards (Romanian deadlifts, dips, pull ups (weigthted), rows, etc)

Ok, thanks! Won't give up! ((until I get about 20kg. (and in a nice shape))
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
October 19 2016 15:54 GMT
#2735
On October 19 2016 21:43 Pontual wrote:
That time I said before I actually counted, went to a nutricionist and stuff.
I'm willing to eat 6 times per day, eating about 1,5x more in breakfast, lunch and supper. Adding a second breakfast and afternoon snack and a pre sleep light meal if I can.
Per week I'll expend 150 dollars with food, healthy as i can.
Using the mirror is a nice tip, I want to have a nice shape, not showing every rib and stuff. Won't workout, just play soccer 2 times a week.
Will read that discussion, thanks friend!
This time i think it'll work because i'm 22, that time I was young, 17 years old, thought at the time that my body wasn't ready.


Without doing some sort of muscle generating exercise (doesn't have to be working out at the gym, could be things like gymnastics too), eating all that food will just add fat. Although at 1.85 and 55kg you could probably add 10-20kg of fat and still look good (you're VERY underweight), it will look much better if you add some muscle too!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Pontual
Profile Joined October 2016
Brazil3038 Posts
October 19 2016 16:22 GMT
#2736
On October 20 2016 00:54 decafchicken wrote:

Without doing some sort of muscle generating exercise (doesn't have to be working out at the gym, could be things like gymnastics too), eating all that food will just add fat. Although at 1.85 and 55kg you could probably add 10-20kg of fat and still look good (you're VERY underweight), it will look much better if you add some muscle too!

I thought about that, my plan is to continue playing soccer and playing tennis whenever i can, but i wont do much else, too much stuff to worry, (work during the day, study at night, gf on weekends). Will post my progress here in about 4 weeks about what I learned about my eating and my exercises. Probably my metabolysm won't change that fast, and my body won't have notable progress as I'm thin AF. :D
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
October 19 2016 16:28 GMT
#2737
i find it really hard to believe that you can't gain weight by just eating more. maybe at 17 during a growth spurt, but even then. what are you eating?
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
Pontual
Profile Joined October 2016
Brazil3038 Posts
October 19 2016 16:33 GMT
#2738
Eating normal healthy things, sometimes at weekends the biggest sanduich a human can have. (with lettuce and tomato). I already went to a medic (thoght i had a parasite or something), it seems that my metabolysm is really fast and i don't really keep much fat. Don't have any health issues as well. I shit 2 times a day, at most. But never less than 1.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
October 19 2016 16:50 GMT
#2739
what kinds of normal healthy things? have you ever kept a food log?
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
Pontual
Profile Joined October 2016
Brazil3038 Posts
October 19 2016 17:07 GMT
#2740
Yes I had, nutricionist made one for me, exactly for gaining weight. Healthy things i mean food that isn't chips, sodas, candys. But real carboidrates (rice, breads, spaghetti, etc...), meat, fruits and salad. That time I ate less fruits and salads tho. + Whey and concentrated mass.
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings112
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiLiPiLi 19
RuFF_SC2 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1373
Sharp 58
Bale 38
Dota 2
monkeys_forever565
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
Doublelift4761
Counter-Strike
taco 630
Other Games
summit1g7512
JimRising 530
C9.Mang0289
ViBE155
ToD82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick770
BasetradeTV177
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP88
• poizon28 38
• davetesta27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1158
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 59m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 59m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 59m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.