• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:55
CEST 21:55
KST 04:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9635 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 118

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 234 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 02 2016 00:29 GMT
#2341
You clearly haven't seen Sonny Bill Williams
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 02 2016 03:37 GMT
#2342
he looks kinda small. cant lie
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-04 08:10:20
July 04 2016 08:08 GMT
#2343
Hmm, I fasted for 5-6 days straight, consuming somewhere between 500-800 calories each day, while still working out and cycling, and I went down from 180lbs to 175lbs, but then the last week I've decided to get to a more normal deficit routine, eating somewhere between 2000-2400 calories (while still cycling and weightlifting), yet in the last 7-9 days, my bodyweight has gone up to 178.5lbs~. I would be under the impression that my daily calorie usage should be 2600kcal~, so that's a bit surprising to me that I've gained weight. Not really sure, maybe I was bad at approximating calories, or I have food in my stomach digesting which is making me heavier, so I dunno. I've been eaten pretty clean too, like eggs, tuna spread, cans of tuna, whey, small portions of pasta and Udon noodles, and vegetables, plus a couple multivitamin gummies a day. Maybe the one day where I did a poor job for Canada day, and ate one pound of pork shoulder plus 100g~ of garlic bread and corn really killed me, if so, that sucks.

So it seems like I wont be reaching my goal of 170lbs for mid-July for my TL Tour de France cycling event. Lots of climbing (2400m elevation and 220km+ distance), so I guess I'll lower my food intake even further, and aim for 175lbs.

On the bright side of things, new squat PR today, and it was still easy for the legs, so I think a 10lb increase four days from now. Also a new PR on seated OHDP, though after doing it, I cannot remember if I set the bench angle right, usually I do a 10-12 degree from vertical, but for some reason I'm doubting myself, and concerned it might've been one lower, which is like 15-18 degrees. I've been happy with my form on my lifts minus shrugs, which are just a grip exercise for me at this point. This week I've also decided to remove upright rows from my workout, as I saw a video that says they're potentially very bad for the shoulders, and given that I've had shoulder injuries in the past, I'm trying to be careful. I also watched a video that instructs you to raise your arm after turning your hand like you're pouring out a glass of water, and lifting it halfway between a front and lat raise, and if you get some pain, it suggests some not good things. I've felt a very mild pain, but luckily I don't work anything with that position... Either way, just trying to take every precaution I can take, since it's so hard to diagnose the problem because your shoulder has like a million different tendons and other things that could be being pinched.

Outside of that, I've taken up a new style of training for myself, where I don't have a set schedule at all, I just go to my basement 5-6x a week, and workout whatever muscle groups feel the least tired. So usually it's something like a 4 day rotation of:

day 1 - squats + OHDP/OHP + bis
day 2 - pressing + abs + lunges
day 3 - kinda whatever, maybe squats, support shoulders, grip & traps, hang cleans
day 4 - deadlift + pulling stuff + tris

That's only the last week or so, the combinations mix often depending on if I have a muscle ready sooner or not, whether I can do more big lifts, etc. It's been a lot nicer for me, because I have zero worry about numbers now, I just go in there, and confuse my muscles and brain about what lifts I'm doing, that I don't even know what I lift for these, I just pick a weight that gets to work my last set to failure (I increase weight of every set). Trying to actively focus on pushing a new PR is so exhausting, you start to take longer breaks week to week, form can suffer if you're silly, so this just makes it so easy and fun for me.

Anyway, two things I'm really looking forward to purchasing is a weighted vest, something that's 40lbs-25kg would be ideal, with 2.5lbs increments would be ideal. I think it'd make BW exercises a lot more fun, which I'm a huge fan of, and could make use of it on cycling trips with a slower group too. Most likely I'll get one from here, I'll go to the store in a few days and find which one is most comfortable, since I'd like to be using it for a lot outside of pull ups and dips.

The other item is a resistance band set, I currently only have two, and I'd like to get a nice 10-100lb set of 10 of them with a nice storage rack thingy. My lat/low attachment can only be used from overhead or from the very bottom, no in between sadly, so it'll be nice for all kinds of reverse flies, regular flies, nursing my shoulders, and other auxiliary stuff. Also the force curve being different from a free weight (requiring most force at the very end of the motion) might make for some interesting variations, plus it's a wonderful thing to take on the go when I go camping.

Well, just popping in to say hello, and giving some updates, that I'm still at it, and trying to breathe life into this thread.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
July 04 2016 10:41 GMT
#2344
So it's been almost a month that I started doing sports again. Right now I go for a 6-8 km run every Monday and Friday and for a 2 km one on Wednesday where I go to this park and do some calisthenics stuff (mostly pull ups, push ups...)

I changed my attitude completely: I used to do it for my body and check myself in the mirror way too much. Now I noticed that if I do sport, my attitude is WAY better - I feel more bright, more positive, more relaxed. So I just do it for that! My body improved a bit, but I want to consider that as a by-product of the activity.
Dating thread on TL LUL
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 04 2016 18:29 GMT
#2345
On July 02 2016 12:37 IgnE wrote:
he looks kinda small. cant lie

Which is funny, because he probably has about 50 pounds on the tarzan actor, assuming google is correct that they're both 6'4.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
July 04 2016 18:37 GMT
#2346
On July 04 2016 19:41 SoSexy wrote:
So it's been almost a month that I started doing sports again. Right now I go for a 6-8 km run every Monday and Friday and for a 2 km one on Wednesday where I go to this park and do some calisthenics stuff (mostly pull ups, push ups...)

I changed my attitude completely: I used to do it for my body and check myself in the mirror way too much. Now I noticed that if I do sport, my attitude is WAY better - I feel more bright, more positive, more relaxed. So I just do it for that! My body improved a bit, but I want to consider that as a by-product of the activity.


Good stuff, that's really all it's about.

Squeezing out 100% efficiency by having perfect sleeping schedules, eating the plainest tofu and chicken, and doing often boring and structured movements is cool and all, but not when being healthy is supposed to be a lifetime thing. Glad you found what works for you
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 04 2016 22:20 GMT
#2347
On July 05 2016 03:29 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2016 12:37 IgnE wrote:
he looks kinda small. cant lie

Which is funny, because he probably has about 50 pounds on the tarzan actor, assuming google is correct that they're both 6'4.


Hopefully one day i can be small as him at 6'4 110kg xD
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-05 13:40:02
July 05 2016 13:39 GMT
#2348
Guys what is your opinion about low-carb diets (not the extreme ones, about 100g per day range)? I'm looking to lose a few kg of weight, maybe to have in the first time of my life a sixpack I exercise regularly but I'm pretty chubby at height of 174 cm and ~75 kg, so I guess my diet is to blame...

Am I posting in the right thread?
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
July 05 2016 15:24 GMT
#2349
On July 05 2016 22:39 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
Guys what is your opinion about low-carb diets (not the extreme ones, about 100g per day range)? I'm looking to lose a few kg of weight, maybe to have in the first time of my life a sixpack I exercise regularly but I'm pretty chubby at height of 174 cm and ~75 kg, so I guess my diet is to blame...

Am I posting in the right thread?

Generally speaking, for active people the amount of protein that they eat a day is pretty set, generally somewhere in the range of .8g/lb of bodyweight or 1.8g/kg of bodyweight. Then there's a minimum amount of fat most people eat so that they "feel right" (you can really screw up your hormone balance by not eating enough fat). After that, you can basically decide how to allot your calories based on what works best for you. If you're going to stick to a low-carb diet, go for it. If you try that and you find that you feel really short on energy and irritable, maybe up your carb intake and lower your fat/protein intake a little.

However, you're going to discover that to get a six pack that looks decent, you're going to need to do some basic exercise at the very least.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 05 2016 19:15 GMT
#2350
Gotta love those days when even your first warmup set feels heavy....

Still pr'd though. I need to eat more.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 05 2016 19:23 GMT
#2351
On July 06 2016 04:15 phyre112 wrote:
Gotta love those days when even your first warmup set feels heavy....

Still pr'd though. I need to eat more.

Grats, I liked the plot twist.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 05 2016 21:18 GMT
#2352
On July 06 2016 04:15 phyre112 wrote:
Gotta love those days when even your first warmup set feels heavy....

Still pr'd though. I need to eat more.


I can relate to the first part...the second part not so much Although my pressing and pull are going pretty well and mostly pain free in my should so maybe I can hit some lame PRs like bench in a month or two. Might just bite the bullet and start a squat cycle and deal with the hell that will be rugby conditioning on top of it, tired of these weak legs.

Phyre you doing Can-Am rugby tournament this year?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 05 2016 21:41 GMT
#2353
On July 06 2016 06:18 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2016 04:15 phyre112 wrote:
Gotta love those days when even your first warmup set feels heavy....

Still pr'd though. I need to eat more.


I can relate to the first part...the second part not so much Although my pressing and pull are going pretty well and mostly pain free in my should so maybe I can hit some lame PRs like bench in a month or two. Might just bite the bullet and start a squat cycle and deal with the hell that will be rugby conditioning on top of it, tired of these weak legs.

Phyre you doing Can-Am rugby tournament this year?

Dont think I'll be playing as I'm not an active alumni for syracuse & haven't been able to play for the mountaineers either, but I'll at least be up to watch some rugby and see some friends.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
July 06 2016 00:34 GMT
#2354
Is the way or order of how the body stores fat purely genetics? I've noticed that my stomach fat goes before chest and arms, or just illusion?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 06 2016 00:38 GMT
#2355
Yeah a lot of genetics.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
July 06 2016 01:06 GMT
#2356
Yep, unfortunately men tend to store their fat in rings around their waist, and women in their thighs.

Biggest misconception/myth ever, is that somehow by working out your abs, you'll lose fat in your abdominal area. Have to lose fat everywhere, and then use it as a quick measure of your fat. Just pinch your side fat, and try to keep it at a reasonable level when trying to gain muscle weight, you can quickly tell when you start losing or gaining weight when gaining muscle, something a scale is worse at measuring.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 06 2016 04:22 GMT
#2357
On July 06 2016 09:34 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Is the way or order of how the body stores fat purely genetics? I've noticed that my stomach fat goes before chest and arms, or just illusion?


You're lucky lol. I think most of my fat remaining is the tiny bit at the bottom of my stomach preventing my 4 pack from being a 6 pack. On the bright side, this is easily the leanest I've been at ~230 lbs. Ima look like igne by the end of the summer xD

On July 06 2016 06:41 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2016 06:18 decafchicken wrote:
On July 06 2016 04:15 phyre112 wrote:
Gotta love those days when even your first warmup set feels heavy....

Still pr'd though. I need to eat more.


I can relate to the first part...the second part not so much Although my pressing and pull are going pretty well and mostly pain free in my should so maybe I can hit some lame PRs like bench in a month or two. Might just bite the bullet and start a squat cycle and deal with the hell that will be rugby conditioning on top of it, tired of these weak legs.

Phyre you doing Can-Am rugby tournament this year?

Dont think I'll be playing as I'm not an active alumni for syracuse & haven't been able to play for the mountaineers either, but I'll at least be up to watch some rugby and see some friends.


Ah sweet well hopefully we can grab a beer this year. I'll be with the American flag jerseys & apollo creed shorts team (east side hyenas) again, hopefully kicking those canadian's asses in the finals again this year. 'Murica
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
DickMcFanny
Profile Blog Joined September 2015
Ireland1076 Posts
July 06 2016 07:11 GMT
#2358
Can losing slight amounts of overweight help me sweat less? I feel like my face sweats way too much in every day situations, I even moved to a cooler country because of it.
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-06 07:29:07
July 06 2016 07:24 GMT
#2359
On July 06 2016 16:11 DickMcFanny wrote:
Can losing slight amounts of overweight help me sweat less? I feel like my face sweats way too much in every day situations, I even moved to a cooler country because of it.


From my experience, at the same heart rate, I don't think so, or very minimally at best (though it'd doesn't make it worse). However, if you're light, you can perform a lot of activities with lower exertion, and that will help.

I've weighed 115lbs and I've weighed 195lbs at a height just shy of 5'10", and I naturally sweat a lot. Whether it's -40C outside, and I'm wearing a winter jacket but a backpack on my back as well, my back will get sweaty. Eat hot soup, I'll get sweaty. Sitting on a bench in 25C sunny day, weather and a 45bpm heart rate, I'll get sweaty.

So yeah, I haven't noticed much of a difference between how sweaty I get, from when I was a long distance runner, fairly muscular and lean at 170lbs, or overweight at 195lbs. So while I don't think you'd see a significant difference, I think it's another reason to get fit, however small the difference might be.

I know the feel though, any room above 22C is just suffering for me. Really hate wearing dress shirts as I get sweaty in them, the skin on my neck starts to rub/burn/scrape. When it was an issue for me, from the research I've done, taking anticholinergic drugs is probably the best method for dealing with it.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-06 13:00:17
July 06 2016 12:59 GMT
#2360
On July 06 2016 16:11 DickMcFanny wrote:
Can losing slight amounts of overweight help me sweat less? I feel like my face sweats way too much in every day situations, I even moved to a cooler country because of it.


Maybe train yourself to cool down better? Do some sauna sessions and see if it helps. You def get better at sauna with practice (can resist higher temperature/longer).

Also, since doing Crossfit I def sweat less overall on regular activities.
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason183
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15495
Artosis 824
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 87
Mind 79
Hyun 38
Bale 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2522
420jenkins596
League of Legends
Doublelift1774
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5968
Khaldor1310
Liquid`Hasu1031
MindelVK9
Other Games
summit1g6284
FrodaN1959
B2W.Neo712
byalli346
ToD215
Railgan38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1286
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix8
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie952
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 5m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.