• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:49
CEST 22:49
KST 05:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8993 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 114

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 234 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-10 04:26:23
June 10 2016 04:11 GMT
#2261
On June 10 2016 13:07 IgnE wrote:
Within a weight class. Who are the best powerlifters in the sub-giant weight class? Shorter people.


Yes, but you put yourself in the weight class that makes you "short" (you gain weight to where you can).

Being short-leveraged (like dan green) is def an advantage. He is not "short" but rather very wide for his height.

#manletsport
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 10 2016 04:30 GMT
#2262
On June 10 2016 13:11 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2016 13:07 IgnE wrote:
Within a weight class. Who are the best powerlifters in the sub-giant weight class? Shorter people.


Yes, but you put yourself in the weight class that makes you "short" (you gain weight to where you can).

Being short-leveraged (like dan green) is def an advantage. He is not "short" but rather very wide for his height.

#manletsport


All I have to do is put on like 30kg to fill out the weight class I should be in -_-
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-10 05:18:07
June 10 2016 05:17 GMT
#2263
On June 10 2016 13:11 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2016 13:07 IgnE wrote:
Within a weight class. Who are the best powerlifters in the sub-giant weight class? Shorter people.


Yes, but you put yourself in the weight class that makes you "short" (you gain weight to where you can).

Being short-leveraged (like dan green) is def an advantage. He is not "short" but rather very wide for his height.

#manletsport


It's pretty obvious to me that it's easier for a 5'4" guy to hit 185 lbs than it is for a 6' guy to hit 255 lbs. Height and weight don't scale linearly. Wilt Chamberlain is never going to be a good powerlifter for his weight.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-10 06:53:53
June 10 2016 06:47 GMT
#2264
Fuck so I think I strained my left quad a couple weeks ago (leaned too much on it during squat, and instead of letting it fall I pushed up anyway). I proceeded to go a week beyond that doing my leg exercises (squat, deadlift) per the norm, and I think I definitely aggravated it. I've been resting this week, but I'm not sure how long to wait. Really want to get back to it, but at the same time injuring it again/worse is obviously dumb. Not sure if icing it at this point would still help or no.

How do you guys decide when to start doing an exercise when you've injured yourselves? I feel like I should try to stay on the safe side, but what if I psych myself out etc? Also, I should start at a somewhat lower weight when I try again, right?
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 10 2016 13:45 GMT
#2265
On June 10 2016 15:47 Aerisky wrote:
Fuck so I think I strained my left quad a couple weeks ago (leaned too much on it during squat, and instead of letting it fall I pushed up anyway). I proceeded to go a week beyond that doing my leg exercises (squat, deadlift) per the norm, and I think I definitely aggravated it. I've been resting this week, but I'm not sure how long to wait. Really want to get back to it, but at the same time injuring it again/worse is obviously dumb. Not sure if icing it at this point would still help or no.

How do you guys decide when to start doing an exercise when you've injured yourselves? I feel like I should try to stay on the safe side, but what if I psych myself out etc? Also, I should start at a somewhat lower weight when I try again, right?

If it's really bad (constant pain, interferes with normal activity) then go see a physical therapist. If it just hurts when you use it, keep the deadlifts/squats light. Don't do anything heavy enough to cause acute pain. Do some stretching and mobility. The movement is good for it as long as you don't do anything strenuous enough to make it worse. Hit your upper body stuff hard.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
June 10 2016 13:53 GMT
#2266
On June 10 2016 22:45 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2016 15:47 Aerisky wrote:
Fuck so I think I strained my left quad a couple weeks ago (leaned too much on it during squat, and instead of letting it fall I pushed up anyway). I proceeded to go a week beyond that doing my leg exercises (squat, deadlift) per the norm, and I think I definitely aggravated it. I've been resting this week, but I'm not sure how long to wait. Really want to get back to it, but at the same time injuring it again/worse is obviously dumb. Not sure if icing it at this point would still help or no.

How do you guys decide when to start doing an exercise when you've injured yourselves? I feel like I should try to stay on the safe side, but what if I psych myself out etc? Also, I should start at a somewhat lower weight when I try again, right?

If it's really bad (constant pain, interferes with normal activity) then go see a physical therapist. If it just hurts when you use it, keep the deadlifts/squats light. Don't do anything heavy enough to cause acute pain. Do some stretching and mobility. The movement is good for it as long as you don't do anything strenuous enough to make it worse. Hit your upper body stuff hard.


Apply heat regularly if it's a muscle; cold sporadically if you feel an inflamated joint.

A good self diagnose tool is to stretch the area gently; if you feel "relief" it's a muscle cramp, whereas if you feel "pain" with the stretch you have a minor tear.
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
June 10 2016 19:16 GMT
#2267
What do you guys think about static stretching? I've heard people both call it good and bad and I'm not sure what to think.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
June 10 2016 21:08 GMT
#2268
On June 11 2016 04:16 RvB wrote:
What do you guys think about static stretching? I've heard people both call it good and bad and I'm not sure what to think.

Better than not stretching. In my Tae Kwon Do days, I got quite flexible doing predominantly static stretching.
Official Entusman #21
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
June 11 2016 06:22 GMT
#2269
On June 11 2016 04:16 RvB wrote:
What do you guys think about static stretching? I've heard people both call it good and bad and I'm not sure what to think.

Do it separate from your workouts.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
June 12 2016 01:04 GMT
#2270
@decaf: yeah it just hurts when I use it. For some reason, if I lie down and do the stretch where i grab my knee and pull it toward my chest, it hurts my quad--even though that's stretching out your glutes. I'll definitely do as you've mentioned though, thanks!

@gotunk: fak I've been icing it lol. Well I guess I'll heat it now that I know

Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-14 01:03:38
June 14 2016 01:01 GMT
#2271
@Aerisky did you take NSAIDs when you pulled your quad? and pulling your knee towards your chest kind of pinches your hip flexors, which if they were strained might hurt. is it upper quad or down by the knee?

Yo dudes. Progress pic.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


I am actually the lightest I've been since college. ~210 lbs.

If anyone wants to know why they should add on weight and build strength when they are young the answer is because by the time you are 30 you can get shredded without even trying that hard. Way easier to bring insane intensity inside and outside the gym when you are in your early 20s than it is after that.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-14 02:31:14
June 14 2016 02:30 GMT
#2272
I didn't take anything the pain is kind of down by the knee, yeah. Maybe lower middle part of the thigh. Actually it's more or less in the middle, I think.

Dang dude holy shit you're yoked.
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
June 14 2016 02:31 GMT
#2273
You should take some NSAIDS and be on the bike every gym day getting blood into the area.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
June 14 2016 02:32 GMT
#2274
Ahh kk, sounds good, I'll try that! It doesn't hurt unless I exercise, so I'll take some motrin and get some blood going, thanks!
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
June 14 2016 05:21 GMT
#2275
Looks good Igne. You're ripped.
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2685 Posts
June 14 2016 13:04 GMT
#2276
It's best to keep training through it in my opinion. Obviously keep the intensity down to 50% or 60%.

I've had injuries last so much longer when i tried to rest it completely.(if not super serious)
DonDomingo
Profile Joined October 2015
504 Posts
June 14 2016 13:54 GMT
#2277
Static stretching is great for the connective tissue in particular - just remember a few things: do it only when you're warmed up properly, do it gently yet strong, do it while you relax your breath.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 14 2016 15:23 GMT
#2278
Looking vascular igne.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-15 03:02:21
June 15 2016 02:40 GMT
#2279
@igne I just biked today like you said, and at first I was like wut I don't feel anything in my quads, feels like I'm mostly just working stuff along my hamstring, but afterward it felt really good. I don't know if it was endorphins, blood running through, or what, but it definitely feels a lot better now, thanks :O

E: did 95 lbs (usually 135) and it still kind of felt strained tho, hopefully it's a getting-better-hurt.
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
June 15 2016 03:37 GMT
#2280
Yeah if you bike for 10-15 minutes it might not feel hard but after you get up and walk around you will notice that your legs feel different. It's good to get the blood flowing. I would shoot for 75-90 rpm.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason119
Railgan 65
SpeCial 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16246
Dewaltoss 144
Hyuk 113
firebathero 99
ZZZero.O 29
Terrorterran 20
Mini 19
Dota 2
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift3024
Counter-Strike
Fnx 905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
crisheroes894
Other Games
summit1g6157
FrodaN2606
fl0m892
Beastyqt873
mouzStarbuck441
KnowMe308
ArmadaUGS133
ToD118
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1191
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 93
• Adnapsc2 24
• musti20045 4
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 14610
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur223
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 11m
INu's Battles
15h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 11m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.