• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:45
CEST 14:45
KST 21:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8446 users

2014 - 2015 Football Thread - Page 665

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 663 664 665 666 667 832 Next
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
April 17 2015 13:32 GMT
#13281
On April 17 2015 22:21 Pandemona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2015 22:17 Rebs wrote:
On April 17 2015 06:52 sharkie wrote:
WTF
This is abysmal news for Bayern, even if Pep wins treble now it will be worth NOTHING if Müller-Wohlfahrt doesn't come back.
He is like the best doctors for athletes in the whole world. Even Usain Bolt goes to him for healing.

Guardiola - worse than Mourinho.
what a bad loser, he screws up himself and blames the doc


https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/4A8BC414181200571633241645056_35b5cb42d94.2.1.11987224439273216402.mp4?versionId=B4SaTfXj1YF5kooAZ_kzTOjdXlusQOrW
Next time someone says Guardiola is better than Mourinho I will show them this scene:
This is so incredibly disrespectful.


And then they will show you like half a dozen of Mourinho flip outs. Guardiola doesnt get along well with strong personalities. We know that.

Neither does Mou. The difference is Mou just gets rid of them and doesnt even give it a chance. Guardiola is more naive that way.

Also last I heard Mourinhos star striker has been run into the ground and keeps getting hurt. Bang up job managing player fitness that is.

Even you know that isn't even close to being true.
His hamstring was ruined by Simeone last season which the whole world knows. Then by Spain who made him play in qualifiers and injured him again in the November time. He has picked up 1 injury for Chelsea and that was the one he got vs Stoke


Oh right.. just blame the other guy. Classic rebuttal. Ok sure whatever you say. I guess the lethargy they've been showing these last few weeks was also Simeone.
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
April 17 2015 13:39 GMT
#13282
Think we love half assing it
I mean our attackers going forward look fine, and our back 4 look fine. Just our attackers coming back look half assed xD
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-17 14:31:42
April 17 2015 14:25 GMT
#13283
On April 17 2015 22:30 zeo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2015 17:53 Pandemona wrote:
On April 17 2015 17:35 Ysellian wrote:
On April 17 2015 16:37 Pandemona wrote:
Why hasn't Arsene sacked his entire Dr/Physio team then? He is in the same boat every season his players are injured all the time......Problem is Wenger hasn't got an ego like Pep thats why but they are both similar managers in which they must over train there teams tremendously due to the amount of injuries that pile up.

Anyone seen a Mourinho team with a mass injury list? Or a Ferguson team with mass injury list? Nope not that i can remember.


It is all about fitness training. Mourinho has always brought Rui Faria along with him wherever he went. I remember an old Lampard (or Terry forgot who) interview touching on the fact that players were never tired after a training with Mourinho, rather just satisfied. I've heard similar stories at Inter and Porto, also Madrid. Muscle injuries are the primary cause of injuries so by not stressing them too much you reduce injuries. A dutch physician has also hammered on this method as well and it makes sense, why are you running marathons when playing football is about bursts? Why not just play games and build fitness levels while practicing at the same time.


Exactly. Mourinho always says his teams are "fit" like 1-2 weeks into a new season and pre season is just building them up and then they are ready to go.

We seem to be really struggling to 'look fit' in the second half of the season though. Don't know if thats got to do with fitness lvl's or we just love half-assing it.


For a team that has very little rotation, Chelsea still look very fresh to me. There are only so many games players can play per year and it feels like Chelsea are really stretching the limit. Like Rebs pointed out, Diego Costa has struggled with fitness and largely because he has been rushed back very often. Funnily enough Simeone, del Bosque and Mourinho are all guilty of this so you can't really blame anyone but Costa himself at this point. Horse placenta is not a real cure lol
smr
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany4808 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-17 15:38:48
April 17 2015 15:25 GMT
#13284
On April 17 2015 21:24 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 08:02 smr wrote:
I'm having a hard time imagining Dortmund's future and a question to people outside of Germany because of that. Most people seem to think that Thomas Tuchel (former Mainz 05 head coach) is going to be the new guy. Over here he's got a reputation as a difficult character with immense tactical skills. Do people outside Germany know him?

With Klopp leaving I expect a big part of the roster to stay because you cannot change everything at the same time. I find it hard to believe that Dortmund can realize bigger transfers without Klopp and CL/EL. Sure there are quite a few talented players in Germany and there's a bit of money we can offer but I expect that this summer will (again) show that we're nowhere near the european upper class.

Praet is one of those examples who were said to like to play with Klopp and having him and possibly reaching EL that still seemed like a potential transfer target. Now the thought of such a player wearing our jersey seems laughable.

Personal wish for the next bvb coach
+ Show Spoiler +
1. The Special One
2. Wenger
3. Ex-Barca-Dutch-Superman (De Boer, Cocu, Koeman)
4. Mostly everybody else - I'll support you. You deserve a chance
5. Somebody with a Schalke-past - Do not set foot into our beautiful city.


I don't think it's going to be as bad as you've made it out to be. Dortmund 1) has money, 2) has one of the best fan bases in Europe, and 3) still has talent and the ability to consistently make Europe. They even still have a good shot of making Europe this year. Furthermore, they've locked down Reus and rumors are that Hummels will re-sign (still not sure about Gündogan). As hard as it is to imagine life without Klopp and some of these players, I think that Dortmund has enough resources to weather the storm.

As for managers, I would hate to see Mourinho come to Dortmund. I really think we need someone who knows the German game (and preferably knows the language - not everyone will be like Pep). I think Tuchel or maybe Favre would be good fits.

Oh I absolutely agree that the talent in Dortmund is good enough to make top 3. I was just talking about transfer-attractiveness. We might have money but we're never going to attract remarkable players without CL imo. (Maybe with a new tactical approach we don't even need to. Possible. I just think that the names one could read in the last months/year become a lot less likely.) ManUtd can do that but Dortmund cannot. In addition I doubt that Watzke and Zorc want to give the new coach a huge sum to spend.

The most likely candidates seem to be Thomas Tuchel, Lucien Favre, Markus Weinzierl and maybe Paulo Sousa. Favre and Weinzierl do a fantastic job in their respective clubs so I think we can rule them out. My point is that we'll most likely get a coach without huge international reputation and experience. Would you give him 75+ million to spend? And would you trust his choices having this amount of money for the first time in their career?

As for Mourinho he doesn't want to work in Germany and he can't speak German so he's out. But he's the one guy I would trust to just take the club and start winning. I rate him extremely high but he's not made for Dortmund. That part about coaches was just my wishful thinking and nothing to do with reality.
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
April 17 2015 20:33 GMT
#13285
On April 18 2015 00:25 smr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2015 21:24 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 16 2015 08:02 smr wrote:
I'm having a hard time imagining Dortmund's future and a question to people outside of Germany because of that. Most people seem to think that Thomas Tuchel (former Mainz 05 head coach) is going to be the new guy. Over here he's got a reputation as a difficult character with immense tactical skills. Do people outside Germany know him?

With Klopp leaving I expect a big part of the roster to stay because you cannot change everything at the same time. I find it hard to believe that Dortmund can realize bigger transfers without Klopp and CL/EL. Sure there are quite a few talented players in Germany and there's a bit of money we can offer but I expect that this summer will (again) show that we're nowhere near the european upper class.

Praet is one of those examples who were said to like to play with Klopp and having him and possibly reaching EL that still seemed like a potential transfer target. Now the thought of such a player wearing our jersey seems laughable.

Personal wish for the next bvb coach
+ Show Spoiler +
1. The Special One
2. Wenger
3. Ex-Barca-Dutch-Superman (De Boer, Cocu, Koeman)
4. Mostly everybody else - I'll support you. You deserve a chance
5. Somebody with a Schalke-past - Do not set foot into our beautiful city.


I don't think it's going to be as bad as you've made it out to be. Dortmund 1) has money, 2) has one of the best fan bases in Europe, and 3) still has talent and the ability to consistently make Europe. They even still have a good shot of making Europe this year. Furthermore, they've locked down Reus and rumors are that Hummels will re-sign (still not sure about Gündogan). As hard as it is to imagine life without Klopp and some of these players, I think that Dortmund has enough resources to weather the storm.

As for managers, I would hate to see Mourinho come to Dortmund. I really think we need someone who knows the German game (and preferably knows the language - not everyone will be like Pep). I think Tuchel or maybe Favre would be good fits.

Oh I absolutely agree that the talent in Dortmund is good enough to make top 3. I was just talking about transfer-attractiveness. We might have money but we're never going to attract remarkable players without CL imo. (Maybe with a new tactical approach we don't even need to. Possible. I just think that the names one could read in the last months/year become a lot less likely.) ManUtd can do that but Dortmund cannot. In addition I doubt that Watzke and Zorc want to give the new coach a huge sum to spend.

The most likely candidates seem to be Thomas Tuchel, Lucien Favre, Markus Weinzierl and maybe Paulo Sousa. Favre and Weinzierl do a fantastic job in their respective clubs so I think we can rule them out. My point is that we'll most likely get a coach without huge international reputation and experience. Would you give him 75+ million to spend? And would you trust his choices having this amount of money for the first time in their career?

As for Mourinho he doesn't want to work in Germany and he can't speak German so he's out. But he's the one guy I would trust to just take the club and start winning. I rate him extremely high but he's not made for Dortmund. That part about coaches was just my wishful thinking and nothing to do with reality.


I absolutely despise Mourinho. He's an awful personality and continuously looks like an idiot. Not only that, he would completely ruin the spirit of this team and make it a chore to watch.

Stay the fuck away from my club.

As for transfers, hell yes I'd trust Favre or Tuchel with some good money.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18753 Posts
April 17 2015 20:35 GMT
#13286
On April 18 2015 05:33 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 00:25 smr wrote:
On April 17 2015 21:24 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 16 2015 08:02 smr wrote:
I'm having a hard time imagining Dortmund's future and a question to people outside of Germany because of that. Most people seem to think that Thomas Tuchel (former Mainz 05 head coach) is going to be the new guy. Over here he's got a reputation as a difficult character with immense tactical skills. Do people outside Germany know him?

With Klopp leaving I expect a big part of the roster to stay because you cannot change everything at the same time. I find it hard to believe that Dortmund can realize bigger transfers without Klopp and CL/EL. Sure there are quite a few talented players in Germany and there's a bit of money we can offer but I expect that this summer will (again) show that we're nowhere near the european upper class.

Praet is one of those examples who were said to like to play with Klopp and having him and possibly reaching EL that still seemed like a potential transfer target. Now the thought of such a player wearing our jersey seems laughable.

Personal wish for the next bvb coach
+ Show Spoiler +
1. The Special One
2. Wenger
3. Ex-Barca-Dutch-Superman (De Boer, Cocu, Koeman)
4. Mostly everybody else - I'll support you. You deserve a chance
5. Somebody with a Schalke-past - Do not set foot into our beautiful city.


I don't think it's going to be as bad as you've made it out to be. Dortmund 1) has money, 2) has one of the best fan bases in Europe, and 3) still has talent and the ability to consistently make Europe. They even still have a good shot of making Europe this year. Furthermore, they've locked down Reus and rumors are that Hummels will re-sign (still not sure about Gündogan). As hard as it is to imagine life without Klopp and some of these players, I think that Dortmund has enough resources to weather the storm.

As for managers, I would hate to see Mourinho come to Dortmund. I really think we need someone who knows the German game (and preferably knows the language - not everyone will be like Pep). I think Tuchel or maybe Favre would be good fits.

Oh I absolutely agree that the talent in Dortmund is good enough to make top 3. I was just talking about transfer-attractiveness. We might have money but we're never going to attract remarkable players without CL imo. (Maybe with a new tactical approach we don't even need to. Possible. I just think that the names one could read in the last months/year become a lot less likely.) ManUtd can do that but Dortmund cannot. In addition I doubt that Watzke and Zorc want to give the new coach a huge sum to spend.

The most likely candidates seem to be Thomas Tuchel, Lucien Favre, Markus Weinzierl and maybe Paulo Sousa. Favre and Weinzierl do a fantastic job in their respective clubs so I think we can rule them out. My point is that we'll most likely get a coach without huge international reputation and experience. Would you give him 75+ million to spend? And would you trust his choices having this amount of money for the first time in their career?

As for Mourinho he doesn't want to work in Germany and he can't speak German so he's out. But he's the one guy I would trust to just take the club and start winning. I rate him extremely high but he's not made for Dortmund. That part about coaches was just my wishful thinking and nothing to do with reality.


I absolutely despise Mourinho. He's an awful personality and continuously looks like an idiot. Not only that, he would completely ruin the spirit of this team and make it a chore to watch.

Stay the fuck away from my club.

As for transfers, hell yes I'd trust Favre or Tuchel with some good money.


Mourinho never forced his club to let him go...
Tuchel did that with Mainz. Tuchel has a much worse personality than Mourinho
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
April 17 2015 22:59 GMT
#13287
On April 18 2015 05:35 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 05:33 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 18 2015 00:25 smr wrote:
On April 17 2015 21:24 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 16 2015 08:02 smr wrote:
I'm having a hard time imagining Dortmund's future and a question to people outside of Germany because of that. Most people seem to think that Thomas Tuchel (former Mainz 05 head coach) is going to be the new guy. Over here he's got a reputation as a difficult character with immense tactical skills. Do people outside Germany know him?

With Klopp leaving I expect a big part of the roster to stay because you cannot change everything at the same time. I find it hard to believe that Dortmund can realize bigger transfers without Klopp and CL/EL. Sure there are quite a few talented players in Germany and there's a bit of money we can offer but I expect that this summer will (again) show that we're nowhere near the european upper class.

Praet is one of those examples who were said to like to play with Klopp and having him and possibly reaching EL that still seemed like a potential transfer target. Now the thought of such a player wearing our jersey seems laughable.

Personal wish for the next bvb coach
+ Show Spoiler +
1. The Special One
2. Wenger
3. Ex-Barca-Dutch-Superman (De Boer, Cocu, Koeman)
4. Mostly everybody else - I'll support you. You deserve a chance
5. Somebody with a Schalke-past - Do not set foot into our beautiful city.


I don't think it's going to be as bad as you've made it out to be. Dortmund 1) has money, 2) has one of the best fan bases in Europe, and 3) still has talent and the ability to consistently make Europe. They even still have a good shot of making Europe this year. Furthermore, they've locked down Reus and rumors are that Hummels will re-sign (still not sure about Gündogan). As hard as it is to imagine life without Klopp and some of these players, I think that Dortmund has enough resources to weather the storm.

As for managers, I would hate to see Mourinho come to Dortmund. I really think we need someone who knows the German game (and preferably knows the language - not everyone will be like Pep). I think Tuchel or maybe Favre would be good fits.

Oh I absolutely agree that the talent in Dortmund is good enough to make top 3. I was just talking about transfer-attractiveness. We might have money but we're never going to attract remarkable players without CL imo. (Maybe with a new tactical approach we don't even need to. Possible. I just think that the names one could read in the last months/year become a lot less likely.) ManUtd can do that but Dortmund cannot. In addition I doubt that Watzke and Zorc want to give the new coach a huge sum to spend.

The most likely candidates seem to be Thomas Tuchel, Lucien Favre, Markus Weinzierl and maybe Paulo Sousa. Favre and Weinzierl do a fantastic job in their respective clubs so I think we can rule them out. My point is that we'll most likely get a coach without huge international reputation and experience. Would you give him 75+ million to spend? And would you trust his choices having this amount of money for the first time in their career?

As for Mourinho he doesn't want to work in Germany and he can't speak German so he's out. But he's the one guy I would trust to just take the club and start winning. I rate him extremely high but he's not made for Dortmund. That part about coaches was just my wishful thinking and nothing to do with reality.


I absolutely despise Mourinho. He's an awful personality and continuously looks like an idiot. Not only that, he would completely ruin the spirit of this team and make it a chore to watch.

Stay the fuck away from my club.

As for transfers, hell yes I'd trust Favre or Tuchel with some good money.


Mourinho never forced his club to let him go...
Tuchel did that with Mainz. Tuchel has a much worse personality than Mourinho


I'd still rather have him than Mourinho. Not only is Mou a colossal dick, but watching his teams play is like watching paint dry.

That said, there are still other managers out there besides Tuchel that could do a damn fine job.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
April 18 2015 03:55 GMT
#13288
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
vflux
Profile Joined July 2011
New Zealand118 Posts
April 18 2015 06:38 GMT
#13289
On April 18 2015 07:59 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 05:35 sharkie wrote:
On April 18 2015 05:33 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 18 2015 00:25 smr wrote:
On April 17 2015 21:24 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 16 2015 08:02 smr wrote:
I'm having a hard time imagining Dortmund's future and a question to people outside of Germany because of that. Most people seem to think that Thomas Tuchel (former Mainz 05 head coach) is going to be the new guy. Over here he's got a reputation as a difficult character with immense tactical skills. Do people outside Germany know him?

With Klopp leaving I expect a big part of the roster to stay because you cannot change everything at the same time. I find it hard to believe that Dortmund can realize bigger transfers without Klopp and CL/EL. Sure there are quite a few talented players in Germany and there's a bit of money we can offer but I expect that this summer will (again) show that we're nowhere near the european upper class.

Praet is one of those examples who were said to like to play with Klopp and having him and possibly reaching EL that still seemed like a potential transfer target. Now the thought of such a player wearing our jersey seems laughable.

Personal wish for the next bvb coach
+ Show Spoiler +
1. The Special One
2. Wenger
3. Ex-Barca-Dutch-Superman (De Boer, Cocu, Koeman)
4. Mostly everybody else - I'll support you. You deserve a chance
5. Somebody with a Schalke-past - Do not set foot into our beautiful city.

Th
I don't think it's going to be as bad as you've made it out to be. Dortmund 1) has money, 2) has one of the best fan bases in Europe, and 3) still has talent and the ability to consistently make Europe. They even still have a good shot of making Europe this year. Furthermore, they've locked down Reus and rumors are that Hummels will re-sign (still not sure about Gündogan). As hard as it is to imagine life without Klopp and some of these players, I think that Dortmund has enough resources to weather the storm.

As for managers, I would hate to see Mourinho come to Dortmund. I really think we need someone who knows the German game (and preferably knows the language - not everyone will be like Pep). I think Tuchel or maybe Favre would be good fits.

Oh I absolutely agree that the talent in Dortmund is good enough to make top 3. I was just talking about transfer-attractiveness. We might have money but we're never going to attract remarkable players without CL imo. (Maybe with a new tactical approach we don't even need to. Possible. I just think that the names one could read in the last months/year become a lot less likely.) ManUtd can do that but Dortmund cannot. In addition I doubt that Watzke and Zorc want to give the new coach a huge sum to spend.

The most likely candidates seem to be Thomas Tuchel, Lucien Favre, Markus Weinzierl and maybe Paulo Sousa. Favre and Weinzierl do a fantastic job in their respective clubs so I think we can rule them out. My point is that we'll most likely get a coach without huge international reputation and experience. Would you give him 75+ million to spend? And would you trust his choices having this amount of money for the first time in their career?

As for Mourinho he doesn't want to work in Germany and he can't speak German so he's out. But he's the one guy I would trust to just take the club and start winning. I rate him extremely high but he's not made for Dortmund. That part about coaches was just my wishful thinking and nothing to do with reality.


I absolutely despise Mourinho. He's an awful personality and continuously looks like an idiot. Not only that, he would completely ruin the spirit of this team and make it a chore to watch.

Stay the fuck away from my club.

As for transfers, hell yes I'd trust Favre or Tuchel with some good money.


Mourinho never forced his club to let him go...
Tuchel did that with Mainz. Tuchel has a much worse personality than Mourinho


I'd still rather have him than Mourinho. Not only is Mou a colossal dick, but watching his teams play is like watching paint dry.

That said, there are still other managers out there besides Tuchel that could do a damn fine job.

Why are you even talking about this...? Mourinho isn't leaving Chelsea anytime soon, he's very happy there and joining a team like Dortmund which won't even be in the CL would be a major step down from Chelsea.
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-18 07:22:56
April 18 2015 07:14 GMT
#13290
On April 18 2015 07:59 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 05:35 sharkie wrote:
On April 18 2015 05:33 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 18 2015 00:25 smr wrote:
On April 17 2015 21:24 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 16 2015 08:02 smr wrote:
I'm having a hard time imagining Dortmund's future and a question to people outside of Germany because of that. Most people seem to think that Thomas Tuchel (former Mainz 05 head coach) is going to be the new guy. Over here he's got a reputation as a difficult character with immense tactical skills. Do people outside Germany know him?

With Klopp leaving I expect a big part of the roster to stay because you cannot change everything at the same time. I find it hard to believe that Dortmund can realize bigger transfers without Klopp and CL/EL. Sure there are quite a few talented players in Germany and there's a bit of money we can offer but I expect that this summer will (again) show that we're nowhere near the european upper class.

Praet is one of those examples who were said to like to play with Klopp and having him and possibly reaching EL that still seemed like a potential transfer target. Now the thought of such a player wearing our jersey seems laughable.

Personal wish for the next bvb coach
+ Show Spoiler +
1. The Special One
2. Wenger
3. Ex-Barca-Dutch-Superman (De Boer, Cocu, Koeman)
4. Mostly everybody else - I'll support you. You deserve a chance
5. Somebody with a Schalke-past - Do not set foot into our beautiful city.


I don't think it's going to be as bad as you've made it out to be. Dortmund 1) has money, 2) has one of the best fan bases in Europe, and 3) still has talent and the ability to consistently make Europe. They even still have a good shot of making Europe this year. Furthermore, they've locked down Reus and rumors are that Hummels will re-sign (still not sure about Gündogan). As hard as it is to imagine life without Klopp and some of these players, I think that Dortmund has enough resources to weather the storm.

As for managers, I would hate to see Mourinho come to Dortmund. I really think we need someone who knows the German game (and preferably knows the language - not everyone will be like Pep). I think Tuchel or maybe Favre would be good fits.

Oh I absolutely agree that the talent in Dortmund is good enough to make top 3. I was just talking about transfer-attractiveness. We might have money but we're never going to attract remarkable players without CL imo. (Maybe with a new tactical approach we don't even need to. Possible. I just think that the names one could read in the last months/year become a lot less likely.) ManUtd can do that but Dortmund cannot. In addition I doubt that Watzke and Zorc want to give the new coach a huge sum to spend.

The most likely candidates seem to be Thomas Tuchel, Lucien Favre, Markus Weinzierl and maybe Paulo Sousa. Favre and Weinzierl do a fantastic job in their respective clubs so I think we can rule them out. My point is that we'll most likely get a coach without huge international reputation and experience. Would you give him 75+ million to spend? And would you trust his choices having this amount of money for the first time in their career?

As for Mourinho he doesn't want to work in Germany and he can't speak German so he's out. But he's the one guy I would trust to just take the club and start winning. I rate him extremely high but he's not made for Dortmund. That part about coaches was just my wishful thinking and nothing to do with reality.


I absolutely despise Mourinho. He's an awful personality and continuously looks like an idiot. Not only that, he would completely ruin the spirit of this team and make it a chore to watch.

Stay the fuck away from my club.

As for transfers, hell yes I'd trust Favre or Tuchel with some good money.


Mourinho never forced his club to let him go...
Tuchel did that with Mainz. Tuchel has a much worse personality than Mourinho


I'd still rather have him than Mourinho. Not only is Mou a colossal dick, but watching his teams play is like watching paint dry.

That said, there are still other managers out there besides Tuchel that could do a damn fine job.

Must have been really exciting to watch your team play such nice football that they were in the relegation zone for most of the season. Reminds me of all those Utd fans when Fergi retired: 'We dont want Mourinho', 'he wouldn't fit in', 'Moyes is the chosen one', 'Moyes will be the best manager ever', 'history/legacy, you wouldnt understand!'. Within two months they were already building shrines and performing occult rituals to lure Mou to Old Trafford.

The point of the story is never go full Manchester United fan. If the opportunity ever arises to get the best manager on the planet don't pick up a Moyes instead.
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
smr
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany4808 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-18 07:27:20
April 18 2015 07:24 GMT
#13291
On April 18 2015 15:38 vflux wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 07:59 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 18 2015 05:35 sharkie wrote:
On April 18 2015 05:33 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 18 2015 00:25 smr wrote:
On April 17 2015 21:24 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 16 2015 08:02 smr wrote:
I'm having a hard time imagining Dortmund's future and a question to people outside of Germany because of that. Most people seem to think that Thomas Tuchel (former Mainz 05 head coach) is going to be the new guy. Over here he's got a reputation as a difficult character with immense tactical skills. Do people outside Germany know him?

With Klopp leaving I expect a big part of the roster to stay because you cannot change everything at the same time. I find it hard to believe that Dortmund can realize bigger transfers without Klopp and CL/EL. Sure there are quite a few talented players in Germany and there's a bit of money we can offer but I expect that this summer will (again) show that we're nowhere near the european upper class.

Praet is one of those examples who were said to like to play with Klopp and having him and possibly reaching EL that still seemed like a potential transfer target. Now the thought of such a player wearing our jersey seems laughable.

Personal wish for the next bvb coach
+ Show Spoiler +
1. The Special One
2. Wenger
3. Ex-Barca-Dutch-Superman (De Boer, Cocu, Koeman)
4. Mostly everybody else - I'll support you. You deserve a chance
5. Somebody with a Schalke-past - Do not set foot into our beautiful city.

Th
I don't think it's going to be as bad as you've made it out to be. Dortmund 1) has money, 2) has one of the best fan bases in Europe, and 3) still has talent and the ability to consistently make Europe. They even still have a good shot of making Europe this year. Furthermore, they've locked down Reus and rumors are that Hummels will re-sign (still not sure about Gündogan). As hard as it is to imagine life without Klopp and some of these players, I think that Dortmund has enough resources to weather the storm.

As for managers, I would hate to see Mourinho come to Dortmund. I really think we need someone who knows the German game (and preferably knows the language - not everyone will be like Pep). I think Tuchel or maybe Favre would be good fits.

Oh I absolutely agree that the talent in Dortmund is good enough to make top 3. I was just talking about transfer-attractiveness. We might have money but we're never going to attract remarkable players without CL imo. (Maybe with a new tactical approach we don't even need to. Possible. I just think that the names one could read in the last months/year become a lot less likely.) ManUtd can do that but Dortmund cannot. In addition I doubt that Watzke and Zorc want to give the new coach a huge sum to spend.

The most likely candidates seem to be Thomas Tuchel, Lucien Favre, Markus Weinzierl and maybe Paulo Sousa. Favre and Weinzierl do a fantastic job in their respective clubs so I think we can rule them out. My point is that we'll most likely get a coach without huge international reputation and experience. Would you give him 75+ million to spend? And would you trust his choices having this amount of money for the first time in their career?

As for Mourinho he doesn't want to work in Germany and he can't speak German so he's out. But he's the one guy I would trust to just take the club and start winning. I rate him extremely high but he's not made for Dortmund. That part about coaches was just my wishful thinking and nothing to do with reality.


I absolutely despise Mourinho. He's an awful personality and continuously looks like an idiot. Not only that, he would completely ruin the spirit of this team and make it a chore to watch.

Stay the fuck away from my club.

As for transfers, hell yes I'd trust Favre or Tuchel with some good money.


Mourinho never forced his club to let him go...
Tuchel did that with Mainz. Tuchel has a much worse personality than Mourinho


I'd still rather have him than Mourinho. Not only is Mou a colossal dick, but watching his teams play is like watching paint dry.

That said, there are still other managers out there besides Tuchel that could do a damn fine job.

Why are you even talking about this...? Mourinho isn't leaving Chelsea anytime soon, he's very happy there and joining a team like Dortmund which won't even be in the CL would be a major step down from Chelsea.

It wasn't about Dortmund anymore after 2 posts. It's just a dissent about Mourinho being the best coach on the planet which he obviously is. : )
UdderChaos
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom707 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-18 07:54:45
April 18 2015 07:50 GMT
#13292
On April 18 2015 16:14 zeo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 07:59 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 18 2015 05:35 sharkie wrote:
On April 18 2015 05:33 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 18 2015 00:25 smr wrote:
On April 17 2015 21:24 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On April 16 2015 08:02 smr wrote:
I'm having a hard time imagining Dortmund's future and a question to people outside of Germany because of that. Most people seem to think that Thomas Tuchel (former Mainz 05 head coach) is going to be the new guy. Over here he's got a reputation as a difficult character with immense tactical skills. Do people outside Germany know him?

With Klopp leaving I expect a big part of the roster to stay because you cannot change everything at the same time. I find it hard to believe that Dortmund can realize bigger transfers without Klopp and CL/EL. Sure there are quite a few talented players in Germany and there's a bit of money we can offer but I expect that this summer will (again) show that we're nowhere near the european upper class.

Praet is one of those examples who were said to like to play with Klopp and having him and possibly reaching EL that still seemed like a potential transfer target. Now the thought of such a player wearing our jersey seems laughable.

Personal wish for the next bvb coach
+ Show Spoiler +
1. The Special One
2. Wenger
3. Ex-Barca-Dutch-Superman (De Boer, Cocu, Koeman)
4. Mostly everybody else - I'll support you. You deserve a chance
5. Somebody with a Schalke-past - Do not set foot into our beautiful city.


I don't think it's going to be as bad as you've made it out to be. Dortmund 1) has money, 2) has one of the best fan bases in Europe, and 3) still has talent and the ability to consistently make Europe. They even still have a good shot of making Europe this year. Furthermore, they've locked down Reus and rumors are that Hummels will re-sign (still not sure about Gündogan). As hard as it is to imagine life without Klopp and some of these players, I think that Dortmund has enough resources to weather the storm.

As for managers, I would hate to see Mourinho come to Dortmund. I really think we need someone who knows the German game (and preferably knows the language - not everyone will be like Pep). I think Tuchel or maybe Favre would be good fits.

Oh I absolutely agree that the talent in Dortmund is good enough to make top 3. I was just talking about transfer-attractiveness. We might have money but we're never going to attract remarkable players without CL imo. (Maybe with a new tactical approach we don't even need to. Possible. I just think that the names one could read in the last months/year become a lot less likely.) ManUtd can do that but Dortmund cannot. In addition I doubt that Watzke and Zorc want to give the new coach a huge sum to spend.

The most likely candidates seem to be Thomas Tuchel, Lucien Favre, Markus Weinzierl and maybe Paulo Sousa. Favre and Weinzierl do a fantastic job in their respective clubs so I think we can rule them out. My point is that we'll most likely get a coach without huge international reputation and experience. Would you give him 75+ million to spend? And would you trust his choices having this amount of money for the first time in their career?

As for Mourinho he doesn't want to work in Germany and he can't speak German so he's out. But he's the one guy I would trust to just take the club and start winning. I rate him extremely high but he's not made for Dortmund. That part about coaches was just my wishful thinking and nothing to do with reality.


I absolutely despise Mourinho. He's an awful personality and continuously looks like an idiot. Not only that, he would completely ruin the spirit of this team and make it a chore to watch.

Stay the fuck away from my club.

As for transfers, hell yes I'd trust Favre or Tuchel with some good money.


Mourinho never forced his club to let him go...
Tuchel did that with Mainz. Tuchel has a much worse personality than Mourinho


I'd still rather have him than Mourinho. Not only is Mou a colossal dick, but watching his teams play is like watching paint dry.

That said, there are still other managers out there besides Tuchel that could do a damn fine job.

Must have been really exciting to watch your team play such nice football that they were in the relegation zone for most of the season. Reminds me of all those Utd fans when Fergi retired: 'We dont want Mourinho', 'he wouldn't fit in', 'Moyes is the chosen one', 'Moyes will be the best manager ever', 'history/legacy, you wouldnt understand!'. Within two months they were already building shrines and performing occult rituals to lure Mou to Old Trafford.

The point of the story is never go full Manchester United fan. If the opportunity ever arises to get the best manager on the planet don't pick up a Moyes instead.


Errm most of us were pretty horrified to get moyes, all the united fans i knew, including myself, were very against the appointment even before it was officially announced. The chosen one banner was quite a tiny selection of fans. But yes, there were quiet a few that didn't want Mourinho after his eye gouging childish antics. To be honest I'm not sure I'd want him even now, because he'd win loads for 2-3 season then fuck off, leaving us with a rebuilding job again, and hes notorious for leaving his teams in a bad state.

Most fans wanted klopp hands down and didn't want Moyes, there were plenty of polls flying around on fan forums to show this, I don't really know were you get the Moyes will be the best manager ever idea from. We even flew a plane over the ground to get him out.

In other news i think were probably going to loose today, since all out CDM's are injured and all our 1st and 2nd choice left CB are injured too. We will probably have to play a kid like Mcnair or Blackett at CB and then maybe even Rooney as CDM, which means potentially falcao up front I think we'll need some sort of miracle to beat Chelsea with these injuries now, despite being kind of confident before. We'll be lucky to get a draw
Nunquam iens addo vos sursum
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-18 09:54:37
April 18 2015 09:52 GMT
#13293
You know how the saying goes: After a battle, everyone is a general.

Anyway, today is a big game for both Utd and Chelsea. I think its going to be a draw. Who would have thought Utd would have a shot at the title considering their start to the season.
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
April 18 2015 10:19 GMT
#13294
On April 18 2015 18:52 zeo wrote:
You know how the saying goes: After a battle, everyone is a general.

Anyway, today is a big game for both Utd and Chelsea. I think its going to be a draw. Who would have thought Utd would have a shot at the title considering their start to the season.


No one thinks that even now, unless your thinking it makes your league win more gratifying if you play up other teams. In which case. OK.
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
April 18 2015 10:31 GMT
#13295
It;s not like they don't have a shot, they are only 1 point behind Arsenal and if Arsenal are a cause for concern than Utd can be one too. Don't forget that there is still a ManU vs. Arsenal game to be played on May 17th.
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-18 10:45:25
April 18 2015 10:43 GMT
#13296
Arsenal.. a cause for concern ? Right.

Do you even realize how patronizing you sound. I guess not.

"Hey guys, chin up.. its not over till its over + Show Spoiler +
(kekekek its over)
"
Skynx
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Turkey7150 Posts
April 18 2015 11:09 GMT
#13297
Lol you need to chill
"When seagulls follow the troller, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much" - King Cantona | STX 4 eva
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
April 18 2015 11:11 GMT
#13298
You know I had more confidence in us roflstomping the title in the first half of the season when we were 'only' five points clear than now. Look at these results:

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Chelsea
Chelsea 1 - 0 Everton
Paris SG 1 - 1 Chelsea
Chelsea 1 - 1 Burnley FC
West Ham 0 - 1 Chelsea
Chelsea 2 - 2 Paris SG
Chelsea 1 - 1 Southampton
Hull City 2 - 3 Chelsea
Chelsea 2 - 1 Stoke City
QPR 0 - 1 Chelsea

Do you see any comfortable wins there coz I don't. Every single game I've watched since the new year had me worried till the 95th minute.
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
malcram
Profile Joined November 2010
2752 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-18 11:37:39
April 18 2015 11:26 GMT
#13299
lol rebs, more optimistic than chelsea fans.

sure, 7 points and a game is hand is comfortable. all it takes is for chelsea to lose to both man utd and arsenal and you'll be singing a different tune. and if arsenal wins every single game, lol... but as zeo said, none of the recent games were comfortable by any means.

chelsea were either poor, got lucky, or both.

edit: sentences
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
April 18 2015 11:56 GMT
#13300
If Remy doesnt start tonight ill be worried if Hazard doesn't turn up like he didn't vs QPR. However if we have Remy we have alot of threats.

Should be great game though :D
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Prev 1 663 664 665 666 667 832 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
Rex 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46482
Hyuk 1488
Jaedong 862
Soma 464
Horang2 376
EffOrt 374
BeSt 357
actioN 356
Soulkey 349
Mini 346
[ Show more ]
Last 279
Zeus 266
Light 256
Stork 223
Larva 178
910 173
Snow 133
ggaemo 120
Rush 120
ZerO 106
Pusan 83
Mind 60
Killer 57
Shine 45
Creator 42
JYJ 40
Sharp 39
hero 36
Free 29
Shinee 26
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 18
HiyA 16
Noble 14
sorry 13
Terrorterran 13
yabsab 11
Sacsri 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8238
Dendi769
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1556
markeloff119
kRYSTAL_46
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1574
crisheroes919
Other Games
gofns41373
singsing1988
B2W.Neo645
XBOCT331
DeMusliM290
Pyrionflax275
hiko274
byalli253
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King81
ZerO(Twitch)7
QueenE0
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1448
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH323
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1519
Other Games
• WagamamaTV173
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
15m
Rex104
The PondCast
21h 15m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.