• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:35
CEST 23:35
KST 06:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9251 users

The Injuries Thread - Page 33

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 58 Next
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-27 14:31:14
September 27 2012 02:51 GMT
#641
1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Red is where it's sharpest, orange is where it hurts when I flex my toes, yellow is where it's tender to touch

2. What exercises hurt?

When I press against the ground with my toes the top of my foot hurts, feels like it's in the bones, like between metatarsals. It's also tender when I press on it.

3. What type of pain is it?

A sharp pain

4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.

About a 5 or a 6

5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~6-8 weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?

Acute, been noticeable since probably Monday

6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?

It hasn't interfered with training so I've just been working past it

7. How deep is the pain? Is it more superficial tissues? Or does it seem to be more inside or around the joint? Describe it.

Seems like it's down around the bones, not so much in the tissue

8. What have you been doing for recovery purposes?

Nothing really, it hasn't interfered with my life too much, but it's not really getting better, I imagine I should probably ice it or something but I'm not really sure

9. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?

Nothing helps besides just not touching it/flexing my toes, not constant, only happens when poked/ when I flex my toes

10. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?

No swelling, nothing else feels off

11. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?

Exercise doesn't bother it, however after my run today I had some pain on the bottom of my arch and I think this may be tied to that.

12. Any previous injury history?

I have super damn flat feet, not an injury but worth noting

13. How's your posture?

I think it's fine

14. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?

Running, but that doesn't seem to agitate it so it's not a huge deal

15. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?

Not that I can think of, thanks!
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 28 2012 01:49 GMT
#642
On September 27 2012 11:51 GuiltyJerk wrote:
1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Red is where it's sharpest, orange is where it hurts when I flex my toes, yellow is where it's tender to touch

+ Show Spoiler +
2. What exercises hurt?

When I press against the ground with my toes the top of my foot hurts, feels like it's in the bones, like between metatarsals. It's also tender when I press on it.

3. What type of pain is it?

A sharp pain

4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.

About a 5 or a 6

5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~6-8 weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?

Acute, been noticeable since probably Monday

6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?

It hasn't interfered with training so I've just been working past it

7. How deep is the pain? Is it more superficial tissues? Or does it seem to be more inside or around the joint? Describe it.

Seems like it's down around the bones, not so much in the tissue

8. What have you been doing for recovery purposes?

Nothing really, it hasn't interfered with my life too much, but it's not really getting better, I imagine I should probably ice it or something but I'm not really sure

9. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?

Nothing helps besides just not touching it/flexing my toes, not constant, only happens when poked/ when I flex my toes

10. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?

No swelling, nothing else feels off

11. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?

Exercise doesn't bother it, however after my run today I had some pain on the bottom of my arch and I think this may be tied to that.

12. Any previous injury history?

I have super damn flat feet, not an injury but worth noting

13. How's your posture?

I think it's fine

14. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?

Running, but that doesn't seem to agitate it so it's not a huge deal

15. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?

Not that I can think of, thanks!


How did this occur? You were doing something and then this happened how?

Have you tried moving around the bones in your foot?

I know it takes a good professional to mobilize specifically but have you tried any active or passive mobility workouts?
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
September 28 2012 03:47 GMT
#643
On September 28 2012 10:49 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2012 11:51 GuiltyJerk wrote:
1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Red is where it's sharpest, orange is where it hurts when I flex my toes, yellow is where it's tender to touch

+ Show Spoiler +
2. What exercises hurt?

When I press against the ground with my toes the top of my foot hurts, feels like it's in the bones, like between metatarsals. It's also tender when I press on it.

3. What type of pain is it?

A sharp pain

4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.

About a 5 or a 6

5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~6-8 weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?

Acute, been noticeable since probably Monday

6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?

It hasn't interfered with training so I've just been working past it

7. How deep is the pain? Is it more superficial tissues? Or does it seem to be more inside or around the joint? Describe it.

Seems like it's down around the bones, not so much in the tissue

8. What have you been doing for recovery purposes?

Nothing really, it hasn't interfered with my life too much, but it's not really getting better, I imagine I should probably ice it or something but I'm not really sure

9. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?

Nothing helps besides just not touching it/flexing my toes, not constant, only happens when poked/ when I flex my toes

10. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?

No swelling, nothing else feels off

11. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?

Exercise doesn't bother it, however after my run today I had some pain on the bottom of my arch and I think this may be tied to that.

12. Any previous injury history?

I have super damn flat feet, not an injury but worth noting

13. How's your posture?

I think it's fine

14. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?

Running, but that doesn't seem to agitate it so it's not a huge deal

15. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?

Not that I can think of, thanks!


How did this occur? You were doing something and then this happened how?

Have you tried moving around the bones in your foot?

I know it takes a good professional to mobilize specifically but have you tried any active or passive mobility workouts?


It just gradually became more of an annoyance while I was running until it became actual pain yesterday, and I just liked move the bones by kinda squishing my foot from the side and that didn't hurt, but if I like flex my toes outward (picture like for airing out toes or something) that causes some pain.

I haven't tried any mobility workouts because idk what to do for a foot in that regard

Went to campus health today and they think it might be tendonitis of some sort, I have an appointment on Tuesday and they're gonna look at it more thoroughly so we'll see
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 28 2012 23:39 GMT
#644
On September 28 2012 12:47 GuiltyJerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 10:49 eshlow wrote:
On September 27 2012 11:51 GuiltyJerk wrote:
1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Red is where it's sharpest, orange is where it hurts when I flex my toes, yellow is where it's tender to touch

+ Show Spoiler +
2. What exercises hurt?

When I press against the ground with my toes the top of my foot hurts, feels like it's in the bones, like between metatarsals. It's also tender when I press on it.

3. What type of pain is it?

A sharp pain

4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.

About a 5 or a 6

5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~6-8 weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?

Acute, been noticeable since probably Monday

6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?

It hasn't interfered with training so I've just been working past it

7. How deep is the pain? Is it more superficial tissues? Or does it seem to be more inside or around the joint? Describe it.

Seems like it's down around the bones, not so much in the tissue

8. What have you been doing for recovery purposes?

Nothing really, it hasn't interfered with my life too much, but it's not really getting better, I imagine I should probably ice it or something but I'm not really sure

9. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?

Nothing helps besides just not touching it/flexing my toes, not constant, only happens when poked/ when I flex my toes

10. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?

No swelling, nothing else feels off

11. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?

Exercise doesn't bother it, however after my run today I had some pain on the bottom of my arch and I think this may be tied to that.

12. Any previous injury history?

I have super damn flat feet, not an injury but worth noting

13. How's your posture?

I think it's fine

14. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?

Running, but that doesn't seem to agitate it so it's not a huge deal

15. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?

Not that I can think of, thanks!


How did this occur? You were doing something and then this happened how?

Have you tried moving around the bones in your foot?

I know it takes a good professional to mobilize specifically but have you tried any active or passive mobility workouts?


It just gradually became more of an annoyance while I was running until it became actual pain yesterday, and I just liked move the bones by kinda squishing my foot from the side and that didn't hurt, but if I like flex my toes outward (picture like for airing out toes or something) that causes some pain.

I haven't tried any mobility workouts because idk what to do for a foot in that regard

Went to campus health today and they think it might be tendonitis of some sort, I have an appointment on Tuesday and they're gonna look at it more thoroughly so we'll see


Meh, everyone who is not an orthopedic doc, PT, chiro, etc thinks everything is tendonitis. I would not put any stock into that.

A more thorough eval would be good. Let me know what happens
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
September 29 2012 02:54 GMT
#645
Past 2 days woke up with not painful but fairly stiff wrists and fingers. Seems like im due for a deload week, which i think means. Lift lighter. Lift less often. And decrease volume.
Ero-Sennin
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States756 Posts
October 04 2012 20:17 GMT
#646
On September 28 2012 12:47 GuiltyJerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 10:49 eshlow wrote:
On September 27 2012 11:51 GuiltyJerk wrote:
1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Red is where it's sharpest, orange is where it hurts when I flex my toes, yellow is where it's tender to touch

+ Show Spoiler +
2. What exercises hurt?

When I press against the ground with my toes the top of my foot hurts, feels like it's in the bones, like between metatarsals. It's also tender when I press on it.

3. What type of pain is it?

A sharp pain

4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.

About a 5 or a 6

5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~6-8 weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?

Acute, been noticeable since probably Monday

6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?

It hasn't interfered with training so I've just been working past it

7. How deep is the pain? Is it more superficial tissues? Or does it seem to be more inside or around the joint? Describe it.

Seems like it's down around the bones, not so much in the tissue

8. What have you been doing for recovery purposes?

Nothing really, it hasn't interfered with my life too much, but it's not really getting better, I imagine I should probably ice it or something but I'm not really sure

9. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?

Nothing helps besides just not touching it/flexing my toes, not constant, only happens when poked/ when I flex my toes

10. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?

No swelling, nothing else feels off

11. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?

Exercise doesn't bother it, however after my run today I had some pain on the bottom of my arch and I think this may be tied to that.

12. Any previous injury history?

I have super damn flat feet, not an injury but worth noting

13. How's your posture?

I think it's fine

14. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?

Running, but that doesn't seem to agitate it so it's not a huge deal

15. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?

Not that I can think of, thanks!


How did this occur? You were doing something and then this happened how?

Have you tried moving around the bones in your foot?

I know it takes a good professional to mobilize specifically but have you tried any active or passive mobility workouts?


It just gradually became more of an annoyance while I was running until it became actual pain yesterday, and I just liked move the bones by kinda squishing my foot from the side and that didn't hurt, but if I like flex my toes outward (picture like for airing out toes or something) that causes some pain.

I haven't tried any mobility workouts because idk what to do for a foot in that regard

Went to campus health today and they think it might be tendonitis of some sort, I have an appointment on Tuesday and they're gonna look at it more thoroughly so we'll see


Curious to know how that appointment went. Had you increased your running recently? Changed surfaces? Changed shoes (or haven't changed shoes for quite some time)?

At first I thought maybe morton's neuroma but you haven't mentioned any numbness so maybe it has something to do with the superior extensors of the foot?
Luck makes talent look like genius.
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
October 04 2012 20:39 GMT
#647
On October 05 2012 05:17 Ero-Sennin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 12:47 GuiltyJerk wrote:
On September 28 2012 10:49 eshlow wrote:
On September 27 2012 11:51 GuiltyJerk wrote:
1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Red is where it's sharpest, orange is where it hurts when I flex my toes, yellow is where it's tender to touch

+ Show Spoiler +
2. What exercises hurt?

When I press against the ground with my toes the top of my foot hurts, feels like it's in the bones, like between metatarsals. It's also tender when I press on it.

3. What type of pain is it?

A sharp pain

4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.

About a 5 or a 6

5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~6-8 weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?

Acute, been noticeable since probably Monday

6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?

It hasn't interfered with training so I've just been working past it

7. How deep is the pain? Is it more superficial tissues? Or does it seem to be more inside or around the joint? Describe it.

Seems like it's down around the bones, not so much in the tissue

8. What have you been doing for recovery purposes?

Nothing really, it hasn't interfered with my life too much, but it's not really getting better, I imagine I should probably ice it or something but I'm not really sure

9. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?

Nothing helps besides just not touching it/flexing my toes, not constant, only happens when poked/ when I flex my toes

10. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?

No swelling, nothing else feels off

11. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?

Exercise doesn't bother it, however after my run today I had some pain on the bottom of my arch and I think this may be tied to that.

12. Any previous injury history?

I have super damn flat feet, not an injury but worth noting

13. How's your posture?

I think it's fine

14. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?

Running, but that doesn't seem to agitate it so it's not a huge deal

15. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?

Not that I can think of, thanks!


How did this occur? You were doing something and then this happened how?

Have you tried moving around the bones in your foot?

I know it takes a good professional to mobilize specifically but have you tried any active or passive mobility workouts?


It just gradually became more of an annoyance while I was running until it became actual pain yesterday, and I just liked move the bones by kinda squishing my foot from the side and that didn't hurt, but if I like flex my toes outward (picture like for airing out toes or something) that causes some pain.

I haven't tried any mobility workouts because idk what to do for a foot in that regard

Went to campus health today and they think it might be tendonitis of some sort, I have an appointment on Tuesday and they're gonna look at it more thoroughly so we'll see


Curious to know how that appointment went. Had you increased your running recently? Changed surfaces? Changed shoes (or haven't changed shoes for quite some time)?

At first I thought maybe morton's neuroma but you haven't mentioned any numbness so maybe it has something to do with the superior extensors of the foot?


He said I should just keep resting it, it's been improving though. He didn't do any Xrays, says we will if it's not a lot better by next week. However I had changed my running quite a bit. Before I went to school (so during August) was doing ~5 mile per week of running, nothing too much, but I injured my shoulder really badly at martial arts at the end of the month so I had to take a break from lifting.

This left me arriving at school with quite a bit of exercise time, and I couldn't lift so all I did was running. As I got into it more, I got up to running between 10 and 12 miles a week (still not a ton) but it was tons more than I was used to, and I was doing all the running on concrete rather than the dirt trails back home, so I imagine that's what caused it :S
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 04 2012 23:37 GMT
#648
Hmmm, let me know if it stops improving and/or what you have/haven't been doing about it.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
October 05 2012 03:41 GMT
#649
I elevate and ice it during the day, otherwise I've just cut the running out from my workouts
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
October 10 2012 03:35 GMT
#650
Okay so my foot's gotten a lot better over the last few days, I'd probably put it around 90% or higher, so my question now is: What do I do to prevent reinjury/get back into running?

I was running ~3.5 miles 3 days per week, so just about 11 miles a week on concrete. Should I look for softer surfaces to run on, keep the same course but start really slow with the running, or something else? Is there some sort of prehab exercise I can do to help warm up that part of my foot?
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-10 11:01:32
October 10 2012 11:00 GMT
#651
This is what's wrong with my wrist, I made a video:



Orthopedist/surgeon I had a talk with doesn't recommend a surgery unless it gets really bad and unbearable to live with; it might end up worse and/or severily limit the rotation. The only good news he had was that apparently it might calm down by itself in a year or two.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Ero-Sennin
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States756 Posts
October 12 2012 22:51 GMT
#652
On October 10 2012 12:35 GuiltyJerk wrote:
Okay so my foot's gotten a lot better over the last few days, I'd probably put it around 90% or higher, so my question now is: What do I do to prevent reinjury/get back into running?

I was running ~3.5 miles 3 days per week, so just about 11 miles a week on concrete. Should I look for softer surfaces to run on, keep the same course but start really slow with the running, or something else? Is there some sort of prehab exercise I can do to help warm up that part of my foot?


Look to purchase a new pair of shoes if the ones you have are worn, you can go to a sporting goods place, they can take a look at the wear on your shoes and see if you need anything specific. I'd say go on something a bit softer if you can, but just work up to where you were before. Don't just go 3.5 miles+ right out the gate I know runners like to run through the aches and pains but just don't go overboard at first. If it's beginning to bother you again I'd look at inserts and if it's still bothering you, go in again.

To warm up your foot beforehand, you could take a warm shower before you run, you could ride a stationary bike, or just start with a quick walk/jog before you start to run.
Luck makes talent look like genius.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 00:01:55
October 14 2012 00:01 GMT
#653
On October 10 2012 12:35 GuiltyJerk wrote:
Okay so my foot's gotten a lot better over the last few days, I'd probably put it around 90% or higher, so my question now is: What do I do to prevent reinjury/get back into running?

I was running ~3.5 miles 3 days per week, so just about 11 miles a week on concrete. Should I look for softer surfaces to run on, keep the same course but start really slow with the running, or something else? Is there some sort of prehab exercise I can do to help warm up that part of my foot?


What Ero said +

Start with 2x400m on grass and build your way up with 200m more per workout depending on how it feels.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 00:03:11
October 14 2012 00:02 GMT
#654
On October 10 2012 20:00 rEiGN~ wrote:
This is what's wrong with my wrist, I made a video:

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re5m__tmPh0


Orthopedist/surgeon I had a talk with doesn't recommend a surgery unless it gets really bad and unbearable to live with; it might end up worse and/or severily limit the rotation. The only good news he had was that apparently it might calm down by itself in a year or two.


Ah, that's a bummer.

If taping it or getting some wrist supports helps then I would suggest potentially trying that

I rarely recommend "extra" equipment like supports, wraps, or things like orthotics, but if you have something that's instable and can't be fixed without surgery then those things can definitely help out
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
tokicheese
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada739 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 03:15:40
October 14 2012 03:13 GMT
#655
+ Show Spoiler +
1) Google a pic and mark where it hurts.
[image loading]
Idk why it's not working with the colour but it hurts right in the core of the my shoulder sorry :/

2) What exercises hurt?
Bench Press when I am lifting

3) What type of pain is it? Burning? Ache? Tingling? Sharp?
Very Sharp

4) What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.
4-5 It hurts quite a bit but I can easily push through the pain

5) Acute or Chronic
Chronic

6) How long have you been training with the pain
For 5 months

7) How deep is the pain? Is it more superficial tissues? Or does it seem to be more inside or around the joint? Describe it.
It feels like it is right in the centre of my shoulder

8) What have you been doing for recovery purposes?
Nothing it feels fine as soon as I finish working out

9) What seems to help?
It seems to hurt less on the third set than the first

10) Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?
Feels normal no swelling, tightness, tenderness

11)How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?
The pain is only there when I bench press.

12) Any previous injury history?
I used to play baseball 4 years ago and I pitched a full game and then after the game I helped out a newer kid by pitching to him to help out his hitting for an hour or two and my arm was sore for weeks after that but eventually the pain went away. Flat footed too

13) Posture
Pretty shitty lol

14) What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?
I do a workout 3 days a week, I do some heavy lifting occasionally at work and I snowboard.

15. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?
The shoulder is constantly clicking very loudly
t༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ށ
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
October 14 2012 08:19 GMT
#656
On October 14 2012 09:02 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2012 20:00 rEiGN~ wrote:
This is what's wrong with my wrist, I made a video:

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re5m__tmPh0


Orthopedist/surgeon I had a talk with doesn't recommend a surgery unless it gets really bad and unbearable to live with; it might end up worse and/or severily limit the rotation. The only good news he had was that apparently it might calm down by itself in a year or two.


Ah, that's a bummer.

If taping it or getting some wrist supports helps then I would suggest potentially trying that

I rarely recommend "extra" equipment like supports, wraps, or things like orthotics, but if you have something that's instable and can't be fixed without surgery then those things can definitely help out


I don't know why but the guy said that any supports should not be used, not even wrist wraps because of the pressure.

That did leave me a bit confused since other orthopedist before him said that you could use them with heavy stuff at the gym.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 15 2012 23:00 GMT
#657
On October 14 2012 17:19 rEiGN~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2012 09:02 eshlow wrote:
On October 10 2012 20:00 rEiGN~ wrote:
This is what's wrong with my wrist, I made a video:

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re5m__tmPh0


Orthopedist/surgeon I had a talk with doesn't recommend a surgery unless it gets really bad and unbearable to live with; it might end up worse and/or severily limit the rotation. The only good news he had was that apparently it might calm down by itself in a year or two.


Ah, that's a bummer.

If taping it or getting some wrist supports helps then I would suggest potentially trying that

I rarely recommend "extra" equipment like supports, wraps, or things like orthotics, but if you have something that's instable and can't be fixed without surgery then those things can definitely help out


I don't know why but the guy said that any supports should not be used, not even wrist wraps because of the pressure.

That did leave me a bit confused since other orthopedist before him said that you could use them with heavy stuff at the gym.


Hmmm, that is pretty odd.

Maybe in his experience the braces tend to aggravate the tendon as opposed to help.

If someone told me that I would've asked why
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 15 2012 23:02 GMT
#658
On October 14 2012 12:13 tokicheese wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
1) Google a pic and mark where it hurts.
[image loading]
Idk why it's not working with the colour but it hurts right in the core of the my shoulder sorry :/

2) What exercises hurt?
Bench Press when I am lifting

3) What type of pain is it? Burning? Ache? Tingling? Sharp?
Very Sharp

4) What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.
4-5 It hurts quite a bit but I can easily push through the pain

5) Acute or Chronic
Chronic

6) How long have you been training with the pain
For 5 months

7) How deep is the pain? Is it more superficial tissues? Or does it seem to be more inside or around the joint? Describe it.
It feels like it is right in the centre of my shoulder

8) What have you been doing for recovery purposes?
Nothing it feels fine as soon as I finish working out

9) What seems to help?
It seems to hurt less on the third set than the first

10) Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?
Feels normal no swelling, tightness, tenderness

11)How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?
The pain is only there when I bench press.

12) Any previous injury history?
I used to play baseball 4 years ago and I pitched a full game and then after the game I helped out a newer kid by pitching to him to help out his hitting for an hour or two and my arm was sore for weeks after that but eventually the pain went away. Flat footed too

13) Posture
Pretty shitty lol

14) What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?
I do a workout 3 days a week, I do some heavy lifting occasionally at work and I snowboard.

15. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?
The shoulder is constantly clicking very loudly


YOu should seen an orthopedic doctor ASAP in my opinion and stop doing any exercise that aggravates it.

Pain inside the joint is prime territory for labrum or biceps long head tendon, or other types of cartilage damage which will in all likelyhood require orthopedic surgery depending on the extent of the damage. It's not good that you've been working through it for 5 months...

Not something you want to play around with with your shoulders.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-17 20:57:28
October 17 2012 12:56 GMT
#659
On July 30 2012 22:45 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2012 08:13 eshlow wrote:
On July 27 2012 23:39 mordek wrote:
On July 27 2012 10:03 eshlow wrote:
On July 26 2012 23:50 mordek wrote:
On July 26 2012 10:50 eshlow wrote:
On July 25 2012 21:15 mordek wrote:
So I had SI joint stuff a little while ago, got it all fixed up. Playing softball last night I'm getting a similar pain again -.- Is there any preventive or prehab stuff I can do for SI joint? I'd rather not have to see the chiro every month or two if I'm playing sports.


Your chiro should give you exercises to help stablize the joint... and exercises depend on your certain SI joint issue

Generally, strengthening tends to be good though, especially with the cross sling exercises like bird dogs

Ok. When I asked if there was something I should do or not do, he just told me to do the hip mobility stretches he showed me. Said should be fine doing whatever. I have been doing the stretches regularly but I will look into the exercises you mentioned thanks


Ummmm that seems really shady...

If SI is unstable then you need a combo of stretches and ESPECIALLY strength exercise to help stabilize

He stated the issue was my hip was locking up and the cycle of pain -> more seizing up -> pain was fixed by mobilizing the joint. I didn't complain because he was the second one I saw and it actually got better after two visits to him.

I couldn't find a lot about "cross sling". I'm familiar with bird dog. Is cross sling like stabilizing extension exercises for across the body (opposite arm and leg)? I can't think or find anything other than bird dog that seems similar.


Sorry was typing fast last time and mixed up words

It's supposed to be "posterior sling" muscles

If it was locked up then OK stretches would be good

But avoid any type of impact type of exercise like running because that can jar it into weird positions....

Ah, this was very helpful. I am going to get on these asap as it sounds like what I need. Thanks again for all your help!

Also, from what you've said the SIJ usually slips from an imbalance right? Is there a way to identify which side is giving out or is it best to work on it bilaterally and no worry about it. I noticed this past time my left SIJ was what hurt and my right lower back muscles were tight but I'm not sure if that says anything really.


Ok, I've been working on this for some time. Pain comes and goes. However, I don't know why this took so long but got the idea to test my hamstrings strength relative to one another with single leg curls. I am able to do 70+ lb with my right for multiple reps without issue. My left hamstring struggles to get 5 reps of 55lb. I tore my left acl and I've known forever that my left hamstring was not the same since. I feel dumb just thinking of this. For example I have no problem bringing my right heel up to my hand without bending over but this is difficult with my left (I bend over normally). It's also not necessarily just strength as with my right I feel like I can will myself through a heavier weight but my left its more like I can't force it to work really hard. And I watched my squat at low weights and I think I'm shifting the weight to my right. This is an enormous rant, sigh. Hopefully those details are helpful. What can I do to correct this?

Edit: More details XD. When kneeling I am able to lift my right foot off the floor and hold with some effort. I am unable to get my left off the ground.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 18 2012 21:24 GMT
#660
On October 17 2012 21:56 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 22:45 mordek wrote:
On July 28 2012 08:13 eshlow wrote:
On July 27 2012 23:39 mordek wrote:
On July 27 2012 10:03 eshlow wrote:
On July 26 2012 23:50 mordek wrote:
On July 26 2012 10:50 eshlow wrote:
On July 25 2012 21:15 mordek wrote:
So I had SI joint stuff a little while ago, got it all fixed up. Playing softball last night I'm getting a similar pain again -.- Is there any preventive or prehab stuff I can do for SI joint? I'd rather not have to see the chiro every month or two if I'm playing sports.


Your chiro should give you exercises to help stablize the joint... and exercises depend on your certain SI joint issue

Generally, strengthening tends to be good though, especially with the cross sling exercises like bird dogs

Ok. When I asked if there was something I should do or not do, he just told me to do the hip mobility stretches he showed me. Said should be fine doing whatever. I have been doing the stretches regularly but I will look into the exercises you mentioned thanks


Ummmm that seems really shady...

If SI is unstable then you need a combo of stretches and ESPECIALLY strength exercise to help stabilize

He stated the issue was my hip was locking up and the cycle of pain -> more seizing up -> pain was fixed by mobilizing the joint. I didn't complain because he was the second one I saw and it actually got better after two visits to him.

I couldn't find a lot about "cross sling". I'm familiar with bird dog. Is cross sling like stabilizing extension exercises for across the body (opposite arm and leg)? I can't think or find anything other than bird dog that seems similar.


Sorry was typing fast last time and mixed up words

It's supposed to be "posterior sling" muscles

If it was locked up then OK stretches would be good

But avoid any type of impact type of exercise like running because that can jar it into weird positions....

Ah, this was very helpful. I am going to get on these asap as it sounds like what I need. Thanks again for all your help!

Also, from what you've said the SIJ usually slips from an imbalance right? Is there a way to identify which side is giving out or is it best to work on it bilaterally and no worry about it. I noticed this past time my left SIJ was what hurt and my right lower back muscles were tight but I'm not sure if that says anything really.


Ok, I've been working on this for some time. Pain comes and goes. However, I don't know why this took so long but got the idea to test my hamstrings strength relative to one another with single leg curls. I am able to do 70+ lb with my right for multiple reps without issue. My left hamstring struggles to get 5 reps of 55lb. I tore my left acl and I've known forever that my left hamstring was not the same since. I feel dumb just thinking of this. For example I have no problem bringing my right heel up to my hand without bending over but this is difficult with my left (I bend over normally). It's also not necessarily just strength as with my right I feel like I can will myself through a heavier weight but my left its more like I can't force it to work really hard. And I watched my squat at low weights and I think I'm shifting the weight to my right. This is an enormous rant, sigh. Hopefully those details are helpful. What can I do to correct this?

Edit: More details XD. When kneeling I am able to lift my right foot off the floor and hold with some effort. I am unable to get my left off the ground.


that would've been good to know in the first place, lol.

This details a lot fo the things you want to focus on with that type of dysfunction:

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2009/11/shoes-sitting-and-lower-body-dysfunctions/

Long 5 part series, correct type stuff is on page 4.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech149
Nathanias 129
Nina 99
SpeCial 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13086
Bale 9
League of Legends
Doublelift2756
JimRising 368
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4994
Khaldor1342
Liquid`Hasu710
Other Games
summit1g6844
fl0m652
shahzam540
ToD177
FrodaN172
KnowMe135
ArmadaUGS106
Mew2King72
JuggernautJason53
NeuroSwarm46
ViBE31
PPMD13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream86
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen105
Other Games
• imaqtpie854
• Shiphtur220
• Scarra63
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 26m
Stellar Fest
15h 26m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.