• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:47
CEST 21:47
KST 04:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8826 users

The Injuries Thread - Page 35

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 58 Next
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
December 13 2012 14:11 GMT
#681
I think I fractured my hand. I was at a party last night and just walking and hit the corner of the table on the top of it. I got a really bad sharp pain and thought nothing of it, that is, until the pain lasted the rest of the night. It hurts to make a fist, it hurts to put fingers together, movement in thumb is good. I slept overnight still hurts today, and I woke up with horrible pain last night.

How long will this last? What can I do for the pain? Should I go to a doctor if it lasts longer? Should I attempt to use it or not? Heat or Ice? A535?

Anyways, fucking most retarded injury ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Ero-Sennin
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States756 Posts
December 13 2012 19:53 GMT
#682
Could be a couple of things. If you want to go the conservative route and just rest, ice, elevate, and take some nsaids for the pain then by all means.. but you probably should get it checked out.
Luck makes talent look like genius.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 13 2012 22:51 GMT
#683
On December 09 2012 17:14 Luxae wrote:
Anybody got any experience rehabbing a pulled lower lumber? Managed to pull mine during a max BP attempt on Thursday, and it's still feeling uncomfortable and stiff today.

May help:


http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/02/so-you-hurt-your-lower-back/
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:52:32
December 13 2012 22:52 GMT
#684
On December 13 2012 23:11 Mementoss wrote:
I think I fractured my hand. I was at a party last night and just walking and hit the corner of the table on the top of it. I got a really bad sharp pain and thought nothing of it, that is, until the pain lasted the rest of the night. It hurts to make a fist, it hurts to put fingers together, movement in thumb is good. I slept overnight still hurts today, and I woke up with horrible pain last night.

How long will this last? What can I do for the pain? Should I go to a doctor if it lasts longer? Should I attempt to use it or not? Heat or Ice? A535?

Anyways, fucking most retarded injury ever.


If you think you fractured a bone you should absolutely see an orthopedic doc.

If it heals weird either they have to rebreak it (which is going to be more pain all over again) or you could end up with a semi-disabled hand
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
December 14 2012 13:40 GMT
#685
On December 14 2012 07:52 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 23:11 Mementoss wrote:
I think I fractured my hand. I was at a party last night and just walking and hit the corner of the table on the top of it. I got a really bad sharp pain and thought nothing of it, that is, until the pain lasted the rest of the night. It hurts to make a fist, it hurts to put fingers together, movement in thumb is good. I slept overnight still hurts today, and I woke up with horrible pain last night.

How long will this last? What can I do for the pain? Should I go to a doctor if it lasts longer? Should I attempt to use it or not? Heat or Ice? A535?

Anyways, fucking most retarded injury ever.


If you think you fractured a bone you should absolutely see an orthopedic doc.

If it heals weird either they have to rebreak it (which is going to be more pain all over again) or you could end up with a semi-disabled hand


Definitely wasn't fracture. No idea what it was, still very stiff and mild pain to make a fist. Managed to go to gym with caution this morning. Have been icing it and using a535 and trying to push it a little to keep it unstiff and exercised.

Doing normal everyday things bring sharp pain, such as taking a wallet out of my back pocket. I'm not sure of the movement, a straight fist/grip is decent now, but putting on the squeezeable clamps hurt alot so I just used my left hand. Must be a side squeezing action. Have no idea what would this is lol, I think it should be okay within two days just need to be cautious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
December 14 2012 21:09 GMT
#686
A friend pointed my feet are more externally rotated than most. This got me thinking and watching and it's definitely true.

Noticed this in the lower body dysfunctions section after re-reading:
The first posture deficiency that we will look at is how the hips, knees, and ankles/feet are orientated. When you are relaxed in the standing position, optimally they should all be pointed forward. The hips should not be externally rotated (so that the knees and feet point out). The knees should always point forward in line with the feet. The ankles should be oriented forward like the hips.

It's hard to estimate the amount but I know when I consciously force them straight as I walk it takes focus and feels funny. Is this just a soft tissue work kind of thing or do I need to be doing a specific exercise? Just trying to dig deeper trying to rehab my SI joint. Thanks!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 14 2012 22:21 GMT
#687
On December 14 2012 22:40 Mementoss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 07:52 eshlow wrote:
On December 13 2012 23:11 Mementoss wrote:
I think I fractured my hand. I was at a party last night and just walking and hit the corner of the table on the top of it. I got a really bad sharp pain and thought nothing of it, that is, until the pain lasted the rest of the night. It hurts to make a fist, it hurts to put fingers together, movement in thumb is good. I slept overnight still hurts today, and I woke up with horrible pain last night.

How long will this last? What can I do for the pain? Should I go to a doctor if it lasts longer? Should I attempt to use it or not? Heat or Ice? A535?

Anyways, fucking most retarded injury ever.


If you think you fractured a bone you should absolutely see an orthopedic doc.

If it heals weird either they have to rebreak it (which is going to be more pain all over again) or you could end up with a semi-disabled hand


Definitely wasn't fracture. No idea what it was, still very stiff and mild pain to make a fist. Managed to go to gym with caution this morning. Have been icing it and using a535 and trying to push it a little to keep it unstiff and exercised.

Doing normal everyday things bring sharp pain, such as taking a wallet out of my back pocket. I'm not sure of the movement, a straight fist/grip is decent now, but putting on the squeezeable clamps hurt alot so I just used my left hand. Must be a side squeezing action. Have no idea what would this is lol, I think it should be okay within two days just need to be cautious.


I would still get it checked out, especially if it doesn't improve significantly within 3-5 days after injury.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 14 2012 22:21 GMT
#688
On December 15 2012 06:09 mordek wrote:
A friend pointed my feet are more externally rotated than most. This got me thinking and watching and it's definitely true.

Noticed this in the lower body dysfunctions section after re-reading:
Show nested quote +
The first posture deficiency that we will look at is how the hips, knees, and ankles/feet are orientated. When you are relaxed in the standing position, optimally they should all be pointed forward. The hips should not be externally rotated (so that the knees and feet point out). The knees should always point forward in line with the feet. The ankles should be oriented forward like the hips.

It's hard to estimate the amount but I know when I consciously force them straight as I walk it takes focus and feels funny. Is this just a soft tissue work kind of thing or do I need to be doing a specific exercise? Just trying to dig deeper trying to rehab my SI joint. Thanks!


There's some degree of rotation for that... about 0-10 degrees is fairly normal.. 0-30 for squatting is ok... wider if you're powerlifting

But yes, do some hip internal rotation stretches and you should see it significantly improve....
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
December 17 2012 01:29 GMT
#689
Hand is 100% after 3 days, not sure if it was a strain or sprain or what.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 17 2012 01:41 GMT
#690
On December 17 2012 10:29 Mementoss wrote:
Hand is 100% after 3 days, not sure if it was a strain or sprain or what.


Probably just a bruise... maybe grade 1 sprain. Doesn't matter though if it's better
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
b_unnies
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
3579 Posts
December 20 2012 04:16 GMT
#691
So ive had rotary impingement for probably a year now.

yesterday, i had a FMS (2nd time performing it), and scored 15 on it. pretty decent i guess

today, i had my first personal training session with a functional training practitioner. one of the things i did was a SMR on my pec minor with a tennis ball. never did a SMR before and i can actually notice a HUGE difference on my chest being a lot "looser"
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 20 2012 13:57 GMT
#692
On December 20 2012 13:16 b_unnies wrote:
So ive had rotary impingement for probably a year now.

yesterday, i had a FMS (2nd time performing it), and scored 15 on it. pretty decent i guess

today, i had my first personal training session with a functional training practitioner. one of the things i did was a SMR on my pec minor with a tennis ball. never did a SMR before and i can actually notice a HUGE difference on my chest being a lot "looser"


You can self SMR with a foam roller you know...

And impingement if you're already doing RC exercises I would also start focusing on scapular mobilization work and LYTPs.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
December 23 2012 09:01 GMT
#693
I started a few months ago bench pressing again. That was probably with an unhealthy amount of weight, but I was stupid and my mates worse. I didnt really have a moment of pain or anything, but I just started to hurt a bit when I do press movements like pushups and using my shoulder to swing over and past the ear. Suggestions improving the condition? It flares up again whenever I do those certain movements. Not very noticeable but it makes me wary of going back to the gym.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
December 28 2012 15:02 GMT
#694
Sighhhhhh

So I had a skiing crash 10 days ago. Hurt my knee pretty bad, but it got better after 2 days. Until last night, when it started turning bluegreen and hurt like fuck. Put ice on it which made it turn red/violet, but still hurts bad.

Just came back from the doctor, apparently it's a vein inflammation. Advised to not do any sports that would put stress on my knee. And I just bought a speed paraglide this morning and will go on a one week ski / paragliding trip tomorrow TT. Well I guess I won't do any, but will go and sit in my room since it's all payed for already anyway.

Just needed to rant.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
December 28 2012 15:18 GMT
#695
Wow, that's the worst case of "life sucks" I've heard in a long time. :/
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 29 2012 14:49 GMT
#696
Damn zatic that blows.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 02 2013 15:50 GMT
#697
Wow that's terrible

So I was hoping not to have to post here but it's been like two weeks...

After a few games of volleyball, all warmed up, we decided to play four-square. Random I know. Anyways, I was bent over in a deep straddle and I reached to far forward. The best I can describe it was a pop in my mind... there was nothing audible but it was like a twang or twinge or something deep in my butt. I'm guessing where one of my left hamstrings inserts maybe? So that's my weak/deficient hamstring I've been working on too... I thought I just had a strain but it's still bothering me during light activity on and off so maybe its more severe. Everything is functional it is just sore and hurts despite resting it the past few weeks. At this point do I want to continue resting it? Massaging it daily?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
January 02 2013 17:18 GMT
#698
Quite a few injuries recently. A partially torn psoas from deadlifting, a strained anterior delt from doing standing OHP with shit form for a final rep, and something along the lines of COPD from trying to lift again after coming back from a brutal chest cold while I was still sick (that one is 100% an effect of me being a dumbass, my doctor and I agree).

Hoping to look towards 2013 with a different mindset and keep myself injury free ;_;
The universe created an audience for itself.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
January 03 2013 04:22 GMT
#699
On January 03 2013 00:50 mordek wrote:
Wow that's terrible

So I was hoping not to have to post here but it's been like two weeks...

After a few games of volleyball, all warmed up, we decided to play four-square. Random I know. Anyways, I was bent over in a deep straddle and I reached to far forward. The best I can describe it was a pop in my mind... there was nothing audible but it was like a twang or twinge or something deep in my butt. I'm guessing where one of my left hamstrings inserts maybe? So that's my weak/deficient hamstring I've been working on too... I thought I just had a strain but it's still bothering me during light activity on and off so maybe its more severe. Everything is functional it is just sore and hurts despite resting it the past few weeks. At this point do I want to continue resting it? Massaging it daily?


Sounds like a strain, especially if it's more in the muscle belly.

Although it could be tendon if it's nearer to the insertion.

Have you been utilizing the protocols in the article?

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/01/on-muscle-strains/
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
January 03 2013 04:24 GMT
#700
On January 03 2013 02:18 Mortal wrote:
Quite a few injuries recently. A partially torn psoas from deadlifting, a strained anterior delt from doing standing OHP with shit form for a final rep, and something along the lines of COPD from trying to lift again after coming back from a brutal chest cold while I was still sick (that one is 100% an effect of me being a dumbass, my doctor and I agree).

Hoping to look towards 2013 with a different mindset and keep myself injury free ;_;




Definitely focus on recovery before you come back and go slowwww.

I like to think of fitness as a multi-year project not just a super jump in and expect immediate changes. Though the immediate changes are indeed fun... too much just zaps you
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 652
JuggernautJason50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16597
Dewaltoss 126
Sexy 37
Bale 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever277
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3571
Khaldor1879
crisheroes1214
Liquid`Hasu795
Other Games
summit1g4547
fl0m1172
FrodaN730
Beastyqt718
shahzam395
byalli279
KnowMe175
C9.Mang0166
ArmadaUGS145
UpATreeSC101
Mew2King54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
StarCraft 2
angryscii 23
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 27
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• WagamamaTV266
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 13m
Stellar Fest
17h 13m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.