• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:49
CEST 02:49
KST 09:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1 [IPSL] IPSL is Back With Winter 26-27!
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13059 users

The Paleo Diet thread - Page 11

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 23 Next All
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
December 07 2011 17:10 GMT
#201
Any thoughts on the Slow-Carb (4-hour body diet)? Seems similar except he promotes beans and eating whatever you want once a week. Been doing it for a month now, can't say I feel too different. The diet is presented in a way to lose fat but its supposed to be sustainable and better for you. I guess my main question for the knowledgable people out there is what you think of the "cheat day" where you eat grains/sugars.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 07 2011 17:59 GMT
#202
On December 08 2011 01:41 Sackings wrote:
been thinking about trying this out, have a question about eggs tho. Is it really ok to be eating eggs everyday? you always hear from the media about how bad eggs are for chlorestrol, is this a crock of shit ??? right now i do 3 scrambled eggs + some shredded cheese mixed in, fills me up just fine, never hungry till lunch.


Read the 10+ studies I posted on the other page about cholesterol.

Eggs are great. I try to eat at least 3 a day, and I know some of my friends eat up to 6-12 a day. We all have great blood panels.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 07 2011 18:00 GMT
#203
On December 08 2011 02:10 mordek wrote:
Any thoughts on the Slow-Carb (4-hour body diet)? Seems similar except he promotes beans and eating whatever you want once a week. Been doing it for a month now, can't say I feel too different. The diet is presented in a way to lose fat but its supposed to be sustainable and better for you. I guess my main question for the knowledgable people out there is what you think of the "cheat day" where you eat grains/sugars.


Some people need the cheat day. If you need the cheat day then cheat.

I would, however, change the cheat day to cheat meals... 3 a week... then cut back to 2,.. then 1.

But obviously what is best is staying on the bandwagon. It's true that changing most of the stuff is most of the results, but you can notice small differences over the good stuff when you go strict.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
FungalLove
Profile Joined June 2011
Uruguay24 Posts
December 07 2011 18:12 GMT
#204
Well, I feel my post got misunderstood.
And now you pissed me off for real with your "I am better than you because I follow a new age diet" posts.

It wasn't my intention to do any "vegan/vegetarian" propaganda.
I have nothing against eating meats, or eggs. In fact I do so almost every day.

My problem is this:
"Dairy, grains, and legumes are excluded specifically because of potential detrimental aspects that these foods may on our gastroinstestinal system and subsequently the rest of our organ systems by proxy."

That is just plain stupid.

Paleo diet?
Wtf, we are not in the paleolithic anymore people.
If you had to kill a cow every time you wanted a stake I'm pretty sure you wouldn't eat that much stake.
Same goes for birds. Go kill a chicken every time you want a chicken wing.

About grains: I mean, chinese people for example, they have been eating rice with their meals for thousands of years, and I don't see any study saying that their intestinal tract is fu**ed up. And they don't have any history of diabetes, alzheimer or any other disease named in the opening post.


MOREOVER:

I hadn't checked on the internet about this diet, but now that I did, you really can't expect me to take it seriously:

First of all, the freaking diet has a TM next to it, with its own flashy website. Meaning someone is making a huge load of money from writing shit about this. They even have books and DVDs showing you how to eat a freaking egg.

Second: look at this guy's face. This is the doctor that is supposedly giving us this wonderful diet? WTF, if I end up looking like him, I don't want anything to do with this diet. He simply looks like a retarded person, or a serial killer. There is no intelligence whatsoever behind his eyes. (If you cannot see this, maybe it's because you already look like him)

(YES I took the liberty of screenshooting the website to show you his expression).

[image loading]

Third: there are testimonials on the website? Like...really? Testimonials?
One would think that in this age people would have already learned that anything with "testimonials" is just plain bullshit.

This just looks to me as bullshit as Trascendental Meditation, which also has a freaking TM next to it, and supposedly makes you fly after 3 sessions or something. You want to learn how to meditate? Go and read any hindu text that has a thousand years or more, and you will learn how to meditate.

You want to learn how to eat properly? Read anything written a thousand years ago, it probably still applies, and you can be sure that they don't want to sell you anything.

Civilizations like the chinese didn't thrive for being ignorant. They had (still have but now they are almost as stupid as us westerners) knowledge of the workings of the body that doctors today are still trying to understand. And they eat freaking rice every freaking day!!


<3


"Build Ice Fisher, build 4 Gate, build reaper expand...... No build." The Last Samurai
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
December 07 2011 18:29 GMT
#205
Second: look at this guy's face. This is the doctor that is supposedly giving us this wonderful diet? WTF, if I end up looking like him, I don't want anything to do with this diet. He simply looks like a retarded person, or a serial killer. There is no intelligence whatsoever behind his eyes. (If you cannot see this, maybe it's because you already look like him)

Lololol. Not a great argument but made me laugh.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
December 07 2011 18:33 GMT
#206
Didn't take vit D over thanksgiving, and now it's been a few days at school, probably twi weeks between them. Allergies are much better, but it might just be the air getting colder and wetter (~ freezing).

Goddamn vitamin D s always fucking with me, ever since I was little.
Crawler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Estonia248 Posts
December 07 2011 18:37 GMT
#207
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veganism
Full of people who are normal in his opinion then. High body fat and 0 muscle except for 1 athelete who failed drug test 3 times.

Also I don't know where you get that information that chinese don't have any reports of alzheimer or diabetes. It looks like a huge troll post and I probably fell for it.
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
December 07 2011 18:38 GMT
#208
nice anecdotal evidence and ad hominem arguments. feel free to eat however you like. some people tried this diet and like what it does for them.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-07 18:45:42
December 07 2011 18:42 GMT
#209
On December 08 2011 03:12 FungalLove wrote:
Well, I feel my post got misunderstood.
And now you pissed me off for real with your "I am better than you because I follow a new age diet" posts.

It wasn't my intention to do any "vegan/vegetarian" propaganda.
I have nothing against eating meats, or eggs. In fact I do so almost every day.

My problem is this:
"Dairy, grains, and legumes are excluded specifically because of potential detrimental aspects that these foods may on our gastroinstestinal system and subsequently the rest of our organ systems by proxy."

That is just plain stupid.

Paleo diet?
Wtf, we are not in the paleolithic anymore people. Red Herring, Straw man
If you had to kill a cow every time you wanted a stake I'm pretty sure you wouldn't eat that much stake. Red Herring
Same goes for birds. Go kill a chicken every time you want a chicken wing. Red Herring

About grains: I mean, chinese people for example, they have been eating rice with their meals for thousands of years, and I don't see any study saying that their intestinal tract is fu**ed up. And they don't have any history of diabetes, alzheimer or any other disease named in the opening post. Ignoring a common cause, Appeal to common practice, Sorry but anthropology disagrees with you


MOREOVER:

I hadn't checked on the internet about this diet, but now that I did, you really can't expect me to take it seriously:

First of all, the freaking diet has a TM next to it,Red Herring with its own flashy website. Red Herring Meaning someone is making a huge load of money from writing shit about this. Red Herring They even have books and DVDs showing you how to eat a freaking egg. Red Herring

Second: look at this guy's face. This is the doctor that is supposedly giving us this wonderful diet? WTF, if I end up looking like him, I don't want anything to do with this diet. He simply looks like a retarded person, or a serial killer. There is no intelligence whatsoever behind his eyes. (If you cannot see this, maybe it's because you already look like him) Ad Hominem, Personal Attack

(YES I took the liberty of screenshooting the website to show you his expression).

[image loading]

Third: there are testimonials on the website? Like...really? Testimonials?
One would think that in this age people would have already learned that anything with "testimonials" is just plain bullshit. Guilt by association

This just looks to me as bullshit as Trascendental Meditation, which also has a freaking TM next to it, and supposedly makes you fly after 3 sessions or something. You want to learn how to meditate? Go and read any hindu text that has a thousand years or more, and you will learn how to meditate. Red Herring

You want to learn how to eat properly? Read anything written a thousand years ago, it probably still applies, and you can be sure that they don't want to sell you anything. Appeal to Tradition

Civilizations like the chinese didn't thrive for being ignorant. They had (still have but now they are almost as stupid as us westerners) knowledge of the workings of the body that doctors today are still trying to understand. And they eat freaking rice every freaking day!! Ignoring a common cause, appeal to common practice, Sorry but anthropology disagrees with you


<3


Now you know why I can't take you seriously.

You offer no research. And your post is full of logical fallacies.

Also, I don't really have much against rice personally as it is one of a safer forms of starch. However, your post is a joke.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-07 18:43:19
December 07 2011 18:42 GMT
#210
I thought it was a valid argument. He clearly supported his claims with concrete evidence.

But seriously, I don't understand the point he's trying to make. It's common sense that you are indeed eating healthier with paleo as you pack your stomach with foods high in nutritional value whereas rice and bread have little nutritional value per mass (or however you say it). And eshlow clearly advises everyone that they can always make minor adjustments to the diet, such as adding milk.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
December 07 2011 18:46 GMT
#211
lol eshlow's post. Now Im imagining some AI scanner that can go through internet forums and footnote arguments with fallacies.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-07 18:49:31
December 07 2011 18:48 GMT
#212
On December 08 2011 03:46 Orpheos wrote:
lol eshlow's post. Now Im imagining some AI scanner that can go through internet forums and footnote arguments with fallacies.

lol, both you and I thought the same thing when we saw the post.

The funny thing is, actually, that I used to do that a lot when i was arguing on the Internet. But I got wise and stopped doing that because it takes a lot of time to do. Now I usually just don't care.

But people arguing like this is totally ridiculous and people fall for it.

If you offer me no counter research your post is pretty much full of crap.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
FungalLove
Profile Joined June 2011
Uruguay24 Posts
December 07 2011 19:24 GMT
#213
lol @ footnotes.
I can always tell I'm speaking to an ignorant person when they try to refute every little sentence in an argument. It is very childish indeed.
You are supposed to read it with a sense of wholeness and common sense, both of which you do not have.
You rather believe the words of a salesman with a degree than the words of thousands of years of experience of the entire human race.

The dude is trying to sell, mate.

He puts himself behind a phd and can say whatever he wants because of it.
Forgive me for using my common sense/sense of tradition, but anything that has been working for thousands of years will not get debunked by some book selling prick with a website.

And about the "studies" that you so proudly name, well, I can offer the example of doctor Freeman. (RED HERRING)
He performed hundreds of lobotomies back in the 40's and 50's.
Yeah, back then they also had "studies" that "proved" that lobotomy was a great practice, and they also had "testimonials"
from lobotomized people saying how great it was.
To this day doctors hold him as a great researcher, blablablabla.....
In reality the man was a butcher who ruined hundreds of lives experimenting with the human brain.

Anyone can write an essay saying that grains are shit or whatever and then put it on the internet.
If it was actually true then the whole scientific community would agree and we would have heard about it already.
But no, you only hear it on some obscure circles AND on Mr. PhD's website.

Grow up Spock, all that logic will get you nowhere in the real world.
Learn to use your common sense or you will get pulled by anything that "sounds" logical.


<3


User was temp banned for this post.
"Build Ice Fisher, build 4 Gate, build reaper expand...... No build." The Last Samurai
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
December 07 2011 19:39 GMT
#214
On December 08 2011 04:24 FungalLove wrote:
The dude is trying to sell, mate.

I don't really care if you think the paleo diet is retarded or anything like that, you're entitled to that opinion, but this sentence is pretty damn stupid.
You know, the exact reason the main nutrition/health company (dunno name since I'm swedish) hasn't banned sugar and things like that is because they have sugar in fucking everything so they make ridiculous amounts of money. There's grains in almost everything aswell so the food companies would lose vast amounts of money if they said grains is bad for you. So guess what, they do everything in their power to make it seem like it isn't.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
December 07 2011 19:51 GMT
#215
On December 08 2011 04:24 FungalLove wrote:
If it was actually true then the whole scientific community would agree and we would have heard about it already.

If only the world really worked that way. =/
Administrator
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
December 07 2011 23:57 GMT
#216
On December 08 2011 04:24 FungalLove wrote:
Grow up Spock, all that logic will get you nowhere in the real world.
Learn to use your common sense or you will get pulled by anything that "sounds" logical.



You'd be a great scientist for sure...
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Twisted
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands13554 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 01:42:22
December 08 2011 01:42 GMT
#217
No need to feed the troll.
Moderator
purecarnagge
Profile Joined August 2010
719 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-19 21:09:21
December 19 2011 21:05 GMT
#218
Steamer bags of Broccoli is fine right? I was wondering if there was any difference in nutritional value. The shopping list states just a few lbs of it...
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 19 2011 22:01 GMT
#219
On December 20 2011 06:05 purecarnagge wrote:
Steamer bags of Broccoli is fine right? I was wondering if there was any difference in nutritional value. The shopping list states just a few lbs of it...


If it's broccoli it's broccoli..
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
goose114
Profile Joined April 2011
United States7 Posts
December 21 2011 01:38 GMT
#220
I just wanted to offer up a few of things that you might find interesting that I didn't see mentioned in the OP.

The videos linked in the OP, Big Fat Fiasco, were the precursor to the documentary Fat Head, which is available on Netflix and Hulu, and expands upon the research presented in the YouTube videos. There is also a blog at http://www.fathead-movie.com that is updated pretty regularly with interesting material.

I saw someone else mentioned Gary Taubes in the thread. His books are well regarded, but I haven't read them; however, I do read some of the things he publishes online at http://garytaubes.com.

Finally, this lecture by Dr. Robert Lustig goes into very in-depth and well-researched detail about the damage caused by sugar.
+ Show Spoiler +
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings77
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 155
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10762
White-Ra 358
Dota 2
monkeys_forever787
NeuroSwarm83
League of Legends
Doublelift5563
JimRising 625
Counter-Strike
fl0m5327
minikerr27
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox796
AZ_Axe175
Other Games
summit1g9032
KnowMe194
Maynarde189
ArmadaUGS111
Mew2King37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick932
BasetradeTV179
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 69
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 11m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
10h 11m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.