• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:20
CEST 04:20
KST 11:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9410 users

General nutrition recommendations - Page 90

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 Next
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
November 23 2015 00:02 GMT
#1781
idk I just have a week or so where I can be in full control of my diet and exercise so I wanted to do as much as possible. I haven't weighted myself in like 3 weeks but guessing 180-185lb. I'd like to achieve some visible loss of bodyfat and at least maintain strength.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
November 23 2015 00:44 GMT
#1782
do you already go to the gym every day and do cardio?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
November 23 2015 02:08 GMT
#1783
been running like twice a week, lifted once in past 3 weeks
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
November 23 2015 02:33 GMT
#1784
so then do that instead? not eating while lifting is not going to help you.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
December 27 2015 22:13 GMT
#1785
I'm going to attempt a ketogenic diet in my convalescence here. My real issues are that I need to kick the coke and the fast food, so I figure I might as well go whole hog. I'll report on my results.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
December 28 2015 05:45 GMT
#1786
Coke is an appetite suppressant.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
December 29 2015 04:15 GMT
#1787
I've also been watching way too much Lustig/Gary Taubes.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
trulojucreathrma.com
Profile Blog Joined December 2015
United States327 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-03 13:35:19
January 03 2016 13:34 GMT
#1788
Well, there's zero reactions in the human body that actually require sugar(Lustig). So it's fine to go ketogenic. In fact, it won't make a difference to your biochemistry, as there's zero reactions.

harrymatrion
Profile Joined February 2016
2 Posts
February 16 2016 10:54 GMT
#1789
--- Nuked ---
Flixt
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada6 Posts
May 04 2017 06:10 GMT
#1790
Has anyone tried using coca-cola as a post-workout or even pre- just because its stacked with simple carbs and caffeine
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 04 2017 19:45 GMT
#1791
you dont need carbs to workout
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 04 2017 20:06 GMT
#1792
On May 04 2017 15:10 Flixt wrote:
Has anyone tried using coca-cola as a post-workout or even pre- just because its stacked with simple carbs and caffeine


It only has like 30 mg of caffeine. I just have a big tub of gatorade powder for working out so i just throw a scoop in my water if i'm dragging ass. Currently I also have some Cluster Dextrin which is an awesome pre/intra workout carb source but expensive.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
May 05 2017 16:17 GMT
#1793
On May 04 2017 15:10 Flixt wrote:
Has anyone tried using coca-cola as a post-workout or even pre- just because its stacked with simple carbs and caffeine


i drink some soda after pretty much every workout, not because of the carbs but because i like it xD
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 06 2017 00:50 GMT
#1794
coca cola is basically designed to ruin your body
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
May 12 2017 09:01 GMT
#1795
Hey hello!

I've been thinking about writing this here for a while, and I finally decided to do it - I think that perhaps on this forum I could get some good advice... I have to say I really enjoyed reading this nutrition thread (I sort of skimmed through the past ~90 pages!)

My "problem" is the following: I've always been in relatively good physical shape (I almost always did some kind of sport during my life, I'm 27) but I have some troubles "managing" food and eating, which lately are causing me some issues.. not really health related (yet) but in my everyday life..

So what happens is the following: I try to eat healthy and balanced through the week. I am not super careful to the point of counting calories or logging in my food (I did that for a while and it got out of hand rapidly, I could not really enjoy my meals anymore and I lost *way* too much weight, with the "obsession" of eating less calories .. not good..), but I tend to eat pretty well. Mainly lean meat (chicken, fish, etc.), lots of vegetables, some yogurt, a bit of bread, pasta a few times a week (I'm Italian after all, pasta is not negotiable and 2-300 gr a week are not a concern).
However when I'm very stressed and/or tired, and this happens *very often* (~every week-end, or at least once a week, I feel really exhausted and I feel all the load of work to do, expectations, responsibilities, plans for the future, loneliness, etc.etc.) I automatically go to "eating" as my reward / safe mechanism.

I don't know very well how to explain this in English (not may native language), but I get home after a super heavy day and I try to find as much food as possible (and the worst kind, cookies, ice-cream is my worst enemy, lots of bread with cheese/jam, sweets, etc.) and I eat everything.. I mean, everything I can get my hands on. This feels good for a moment, or while I'm doing it, but clearly
(a) it's super unhealty
(b) it starts a very bad loop, where the next day I'm bloated and super full so I don't want to do anything / see anyone, and I keep doing the same kind of eating to have some sort of instant satisfaction

It's very hard to break this loops, and it's not always that bad (I kind of described the worst case scenario): but even when I don't go down that hard, I feel that I still use food as some sort of "reward". I finish a hard and good week of work (and I'm happy and satisfied) and the first thing I think is: what could I get to eat to reward me? I realize rationally that it's a sick mindset, but it still happens.

This patterns started a few years ago, and in the past I've managed to keep it under control with sport. When I do sport "seriously" (e.g. I go running to prepare a race, and I really get into the training 3-4 times a week) I tend to eat much better and not have this downfall. However I would like to be able to control myself and my life even without preparing a marathon.... I'm also trying to get back to training now, but I've just started a new job (which I love!) that takes a lot, and I didn't find the time to get back to training yet (with moving / etc. there's really little time).

I think this all started 2 years ago: I had just moved to a different city, and initially I let myself go for a while and gained some weight. To lose it I went on this crazy diet ("created" by myself, because I'm that idiot) eating really super low amount of food / calories (like ~1200 calories a day) for some months.. clearly I lost a lot of weight (and muscles..) but somehow I screwed my approach to eating.
I had never thought about "counting calories" or dieting before: I had always eaten whatever I wanted (with the typical Mediterranean menu of Italy, which is pretty good after all) and done lots of sport, so I never had to really think about what I was eating / how my physical shape was..

I know this sounds like a long rant, and probably is.. but maybe someone here could have some advice or this situation may resonate with some of you I know there's a lot of people with experience in nutrition and related problems here, so if you want to comment it would be very welcome!

Cheers!
My life for Aiur !
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 12 2017 16:07 GMT
#1796
the first question you should ask yourself is: am i addicted to sugar?

its a very serious question. most people arent capable of admitting it.

if you have problems with self control but dont want ti count calories i sugggest two things:

1. cut out all sugar. 2. try some version of intermittent fasting where you skip breakfast

it's nearly impossible to overeat on IF-esque diets unless you are eating sugar or insane amounts of simple carbs
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
May 12 2017 20:41 GMT
#1797
Thanks for the feedback IgnE, to be honest it's possible I'm "addicted" to sugar, though I don't know how you define addicted when I eat too much it's usually sweets or lots of bread+other stuff..

Since I'm quite ignorant: by cut all sugar what do you mean exactly? cut everything that's sweet? or are there products that I should avoid in particular.. (that maybe are not even sweet.. I don't know).

About breakfast, I already usually skip it, mostly because of habit (I drink coffee as soon as I wake up and that's it), a part if I do some sort of training (run) in the morning in which case I usually get some bread+jam or scrambled eggs.

Note that I almost never use condiments, at most some olive oil with vegetables and salt..
I don't think I can cut carbohydrates completely, mostly because I don't want to go to what would be an "extreme" diet for me (because I know I could not maintain it for the long term): I've been used to eat pasta almost everyday, in modest quantity, (tbh it's the norm where I come from) and to accompany my meals with bread. I am afraid it's not a healthy "mindset" for me to cut those two completely out of my schedule ..
My life for Aiur !
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-05-12 20:55:29
May 12 2017 20:53 GMT
#1798
cut all sucrose and all processed fructose syrups. i suppose if you have a bag of dextrose lying around you can take some after working out

no jams.

i didnt say cut all carbs, but if you are eating a thousand grams of pasta before you go to bed because you rid your home of sucrose then you are undermining yourself
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
May 14 2017 00:18 GMT
#1799
On May 13 2017 05:53 IgnE wrote:
cut all sucrose and all processed fructose syrups. i suppose if you have a bag of dextrose lying around you can take some after working out

no jams.

i didnt say cut all carbs, but if you are eating a thousand grams of pasta before you go to bed because you rid your home of sucrose then you are undermining yourself


Thanks. I'm a bit afraid this kind of advice is somehow counterproductive for me ("cut all sucrose and all processed.."). I would like to have a normal life eating wise, where if I want to get a fruit (I imagine that would be a no) or a dessert the one time a week I eat out with friends, I can do it without feeling out of the rules. My impression, from past experience, is that of I live by very strict rules the "transgressions" are much harder, while I'd like to develop a healthy lifestyle without excess or harsh limitations..

P.s. I don't know what a bag of dextrose is I'm afraid we sort of live in different worlds..
And I wouldn't be able to ingest 1kg of pasta even if I wanted to, I'd say it's almost impossible for a single person!
My life for Aiur !
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 14 2017 00:58 GMT
#1800
On May 14 2017 09:18 VHbb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2017 05:53 IgnE wrote:
cut all sucrose and all processed fructose syrups. i suppose if you have a bag of dextrose lying around you can take some after working out

no jams.

i didnt say cut all carbs, but if you are eating a thousand grams of pasta before you go to bed because you rid your home of sucrose then you are undermining yourself


Thanks. I'm a bit afraid this kind of advice is somehow counterproductive for me ("cut all sucrose and all processed.."). I would like to have a normal life eating wise, where if I want to get a fruit (I imagine that would be a no) or a dessert the one time a week I eat out with friends, I can do it without feeling out of the rules. My impression, from past experience, is that of I live by very strict rules the "transgressions" are much harder, while I'd like to develop a healthy lifestyle without excess or harsh limitations..

P.s. I don't know what a bag of dextrose is I'm afraid we sort of live in different worlds..
And I wouldn't be able to ingest 1kg of pasta even if I wanted to, I'd say it's almost impossible for a single person!


fruit isn't processed and it's not sucrose. when you go out to eat just don't get a dessert. this isn't that hard. it's not very strict. you are cutting only one thing out, and i take it that you don't eat breakfast with family and friends very often. if you want to change you have to stop making excuses. if you don't want to change by all means keep doing what you are doing. life is short.

wikipedia is your friend btw
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings97
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 276
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10860
Dota 2
monkeys_forever854
NeuroSwarm180
febbydoto48
League of Legends
Doublelift6085
JimRising 662
Counter-Strike
minikerr32
taco 12
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox886
Mew2King37
Other Games
summit1g9620
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick400
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 208
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo453
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 40m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 40m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.