• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6034 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 692

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 690 691 692 693 694 730 Next
APurpleCow
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1372 Posts
November 26 2011 18:16 GMT
#13821
On November 26 2011 13:35 TotalBalanceSC2 wrote:
First time posting in this thread, just wondering if there are any suplements that help with gaining weight/mass. I am 5' 11" and cant seem to put on any weight. Stuck at 140 lbs. It would help if the suplement had as few side effects as possible. Creatine is out of the question, dad says its too unsafe. thanks for any help!


Calories and protein are both GREAT supplements for gaining muscle.

Nearly everybody who says they "can't seem to be put on any weight" greatly overestimates the amount of food they eat.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
November 26 2011 19:25 GMT
#13822
"There are no hardgainers, only undereaters" - some big guy.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
JokerSan
Profile Joined April 2005
United States306 Posts
November 26 2011 20:36 GMT
#13823
Hi all. I decided I'm going to try out the SL5x5 program because I have low self-confidence, especially recently after breaking up with a long-time gf. I've been durdling around with various workouts for the past 2 months and improving my eating habits, but I haven't decided to fully dedicate myself until now. Any support or advice for a total beginner like me would be much appreciated.

JokerSan (though I would prefer to be called Cyrus....)
Age: 22 || Height: 5'11" || Weight: 168 lbs
Starting Date: 11/28/11
Training goals -- Stick with SL5x5 for 12 weeks and achieve their target weights.
Nutrition goals -- Cook more
Misc goals -- Get a gf

So I have a membership to a local gym, but I've noticed the one power rack is busy all the time. I also figure it's going to take me a ton of time to do my 5x5 squats in the beginning since I've only done them once before so I don't quite know what I'm doing. What's the best way to get in there and get my shit done? Am I supposed to like trade in between sets or is it ok just to occupy the entire area for like 20 minutes?
LoL: Soles | forever 1600
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
November 26 2011 20:43 GMT
#13824
Occupy it. If someone asks to work in, let em. (If it's for squats at least.)

Stick to the program.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
November 26 2011 22:20 GMT
#13825
On November 27 2011 05:36 JokerSan wrote:
Hi all. I decided I'm going to try out the SL5x5 program because I have low self-confidence, especially recently after breaking up with a long-time gf. I've been durdling around with various workouts for the past 2 months and improving my eating habits, but I haven't decided to fully dedicate myself until now. Any support or advice for a total beginner like me would be much appreciated.

JokerSan (though I would prefer to be called Cyrus....)
Age: 22 || Height: 5'11" || Weight: 168 lbs
Starting Date: 11/28/11
Training goals -- Stick with SL5x5 for 12 weeks and achieve their target weights.
Nutrition goals -- Cook more
Misc goals -- Get a gf

So I have a membership to a local gym, but I've noticed the one power rack is busy all the time. I also figure it's going to take me a ton of time to do my 5x5 squats in the beginning since I've only done them once before so I don't quite know what I'm doing. What's the best way to get in there and get my shit done? Am I supposed to like trade in between sets or is it ok just to occupy the entire area for like 20 minutes?

After your warm-up, you'll get about 4 minutes in between sets. if someone says they need the squat rack, tell them they can go in between your sets, seeing as they have between 3 and 5 mins. If you get along you can get about three people per rack, though it's a hassle.

And don't worry; you'll get your gf when you're a proper bad-ass. It'll be progress pics in a few days, I'll post a pic of my gf. I was a virgin before her, and she's a hottie :D
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
JohnnyBanana
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada493 Posts
November 26 2011 22:33 GMT
#13826
Hey guys, I'm still on SS but I've read up a lot on how rack pulls are amazing for people that want to work on their deadlift and overall helps people with back problems.

Should I do them once a week on the same day I do my deadlifts, or would another day be better? And I think I'll approach it the same way I did all the other exercises, i.e., start with bar and move up with weights until bar slows down, and then add 2.5/5lbs a week.

Any good articles/videos about technique? Appreciate it guys.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
November 26 2011 22:45 GMT
#13827
generally speaking you dont need any additional exercises, and in fact your deadlift progress may even suffer if you do additional work in the form of rack pulls.
that being said, if you really wanna do them, I guess you can. but I would not advise you to do so until you've hit some serious numbers on your deadlift. search on youtube for some instructional videos. the lift is not that complicated, so you should find some good stuff there pretty easily
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
November 26 2011 23:13 GMT
#13828
Alright, week1 of 5/3/1 is finished, so I have some first numbers to work with:

OH-Press: 67,5kg x 9 (ok)
Bench Press: 97,5kg x 12 (very good and way more than I expected)
BO-Row: 80kg x 13 (also good and a bit more than I expected)
Squat: 150kg x 10 (ok)
Deadlift: 168,5kg x 9 (that day I felt awful and had to fight for each rep. I should be able to do much better)

So let's see what I can do next week. Also did some face pulls today and they are indeed the exercise I was basically looking for for my rear delts, thx for the tip sJarl.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
JohnnyBanana
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada493 Posts
November 26 2011 23:27 GMT
#13829
On November 27 2011 07:45 Zafrumi wrote:
generally speaking you dont need any additional exercises, and in fact your deadlift progress may even suffer if you do additional work in the form of rack pulls.
that being said, if you really wanna do them, I guess you can. but I would not advise you to do so until you've hit some serious numbers on your deadlift. search on youtube for some instructional videos. the lift is not that complicated, so you should find some good stuff there pretty easily

Hmm...I see, thanks. Around what deadlift weight would you consider it a good point to add rack pulls?

Before I started, and still today, I spend a lot of time on the computer and I'm afraid it'll develop into back problems later on down the road. I'm already getting some lower back pain, so I'm hoping to add some exercises that target the back/lower back. I'm afraid this 'computer guy' form has and will still interfere with my squat/deadlift/etc. technique and form, so hoping to correct that too.
Crawler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Estonia248 Posts
November 26 2011 23:53 GMT
#13830
How long have everyone here added weights before stopping and deloading or switching program? Somehow I have managed to do my squats every time but they are seriously getting close to my limit. Should I just keep adding until 1 day I can't get up and break my back or something? Just wanted to know how everyone else have solved this problem.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 00:00:24
November 26 2011 23:55 GMT
#13831
On November 27 2011 08:13 Malinor wrote:
Alright, week1 of 5/3/1 is finished, so I have some first numbers to work with:

OH-Press: 67,5kg x 9 (ok)
Bench Press: 97,5kg x 12 (very good and way more than I expected)
BO-Row: 80kg x 13 (also good and a bit more than I expected)
Squat: 150kg x 10 (ok)
Deadlift: 168,5kg x 9 (that day I felt awful and had to fight for each rep. I should be able to do much better)

So let's see what I can do next week. Also did some face pulls today and they are indeed the exercise I was basically looking for for my rear delts, thx for the tip sJarl.


So you are just doing the regular 5/3/1 setup? You may find the reps a bit too much but I assure you that they work wonders. Just check out (and everyone else should!) http://531year.blogspot.com/ . That guy is a testimony to what hard work and consistency can give you.

Good to know that face pulls were helpful I like doing those when warming up for bench press but I really should do them every (or at least every other) workout.

@JohnnyBanana: Rack pulls are good if your lockout sucks (and your form is spot on) but they are risky and not really suitable for beginners imo. Regular deadlifts are in almost all cases sufficient. I'd reccomend good mornings and mobility stuff if that is affecting your posture.

Number one thing I feel to correct your posture is just to be aware of that it's bad and consistenly trying to improve it thoughout the day by sitting straighter for example.

On November 27 2011 08:53 Crawler wrote:
How long have everyone here added weights before stopping and deloading or switching program? Somehow I have managed to do my squats every time but they are seriously getting close to my limit. Should I just keep adding until 1 day I can't get up and break my back or something? Just wanted to know how everyone else have solved this problem.


If you are still managing to do them every session it is just time to man up and continue doing them until you really fail. There is a huge gat between feeling like you aren't able to do a set and then actually failing it.

Also improving your recovery can get you miles. Found this gem of a post on a board I sometimes visit:

-Walking at least 30 min a day (somewhat brisk pace)
-hot and/or ice bath
-contrast showers
-regular stretching
-regular foam rolling
-recovery 'workouts', basically the day after you train something, you do a couple movements for that same area with high reps not going anywhere near failure, minimal strain if any at all
-man the fuck up (if not already applied)
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 00:35:06
November 27 2011 00:33 GMT
#13832
On November 27 2011 08:55 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 08:13 Malinor wrote:
Alright, week1 of 5/3/1 is finished, so I have some first numbers to work with:

OH-Press: 67,5kg x 9 (ok)
Bench Press: 97,5kg x 12 (very good and way more than I expected)
BO-Row: 80kg x 13 (also good and a bit more than I expected)
Squat: 150kg x 10 (ok)
Deadlift: 168,5kg x 9 (that day I felt awful and had to fight for each rep. I should be able to do much better)

So let's see what I can do next week. Also did some face pulls today and they are indeed the exercise I was basically looking for for my rear delts, thx for the tip sJarl.


So you are just doing the regular 5/3/1 setup? You may find the reps a bit too much but I assure you that they work wonders. Just check out (and everyone else should!) http://531year.blogspot.com/ . That guy is a testimony to what hard work and consistency can give you.

Good to know that face pulls were helpful I like doing those when warming up for bench press but I really should do them every (or at least every other) workout.


I'll start with the normal version, yes. However, I have decided to just throw in occasional singles at the Training-1RM. So today I did a 175kg single for squats and yesterday 115kg BP and 95kg BO-Row. And then keep the weight on these singles constant throughout the cycle, just to get some heavy reps in. And also perform them every other week, like in the PL-version

I don't know about the PL-Version of 5/3/1 (or should I say 3/5/1). I had some trouble comprehending what he really meant at some points. Here is how I understood it: Basically you just do the prescribed reps on the 3reps- and 1rep days, plus two singles at certain percentages. And on the 5reps days you go for an all out set and don't do singles. But I am not sure if this is accurate.
I also did not comprehend the percentages at which the singles should be performed (Training-1RM, real 1RM or goal-for- the-meet-1RM) neither if they are done before or after the last regular set (though I strongly assume after).
Long story short, it wasn't straight forward enough for me and I probably should read it again (which I am going to do tomorrow). But actually I am just hooked on the layout of the normal version at the moment, you basically have monthly and weekly progression at the same time, and always something to look forward to at your workouts.

The good thing about the programm is that you have massive flexibility. You can basically reevaluate after each cycle and change things around a bit to your liking. I'll just start with the normal version and see how it works.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 01:05:28
November 27 2011 01:00 GMT
#13833
@cyrus

if you see someone waiting for you then ask if they want to "jump in" (or work in or whatever lol) , you can tell them that you have 3-5 minute rests too if you do (otherwise you'll feel harassed when they are waiting for you to take your turn after 30s rest :p )

if you can then its much quieter during the day than the evening (before 4-5pm)

aannnnnnd if theres a big wait for the rack then you can spend the time stretching , tho youll ache and itll affect your sets a bit

the most important thing IMO is to not miss a day. if you're doing 3-times-a-week then make sure you fit in those 3 nomatter what. even if you feel like SHIT , by the time youve done 1 set of squats you'll feel alive (moreso) and thankful you went

stretching and form takes a long time for a beginner to learn, dont let yourself get comfortable but instead keep revising everything because you'll find you forget things otherwise whilst remembering others (especially if you suck at squats)

really its a case of "do it 100% right or dont do it at all coz your progress will be pathetic" (im speaking for SS here)

dont stress out and get obsessed with numbers (post monthly updates rather than daily). dont freak out that your lifts arent going up as some people describe how they should , just do your best (and dont miss a session even if you cant move up weight or decide to use lower weight) :p

edit: also get some antidepressents lol (NOT citalopram lol *pukes* . fluoxitine is good)
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Crawler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Estonia248 Posts
November 27 2011 01:40 GMT
#13834
On November 27 2011 08:55 sJarl wrote:
If you are still managing to do them every session it is just time to man up and continue doing them until you really fail. There is a huge gat between feeling like you aren't able to do a set and then actually failing it.

Also improving your recovery can get you miles. Found this gem of a post on a board I sometimes visit:

-Walking at least 30 min a day (somewhat brisk pace)
-hot and/or ice bath
-contrast showers
-regular stretching
-regular foam rolling
-recovery 'workouts', basically the day after you train something, you do a couple movements for that same area with high reps not going anywhere near failure, minimal strain if any at all
-man the fuck up (if not already applied)



Guess I'll do them until I fail then. Thing is that last 2 reps from 4th and 5th set needed like a 10 sec break while standing still and it took like 4-5 seconds to get up. I am not "feeling like I am not able to do it". But thanks for these recovery pointers <3. I'll definetaly try some of them out. I usually sleep 8-10 hours but this week I got 2h sleep after first training day and 4h after next so that probably had it's impact.
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
November 27 2011 01:46 GMT
#13835
On November 27 2011 05:36 JokerSan wrote:
So I have a membership to a local gym, but I've noticed the one power rack is busy all the time.


One power rack and no squat racks? Your first goal should be finding a new gym.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 27 2011 02:42 GMT
#13836
On November 27 2011 10:40 Crawler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 08:55 sJarl wrote:
If you are still managing to do them every session it is just time to man up and continue doing them until you really fail. There is a huge gat between feeling like you aren't able to do a set and then actually failing it.

Also improving your recovery can get you miles. Found this gem of a post on a board I sometimes visit:

-Walking at least 30 min a day (somewhat brisk pace)
-hot and/or ice bath
-contrast showers
-regular stretching
-regular foam rolling
-recovery 'workouts', basically the day after you train something, you do a couple movements for that same area with high reps not going anywhere near failure, minimal strain if any at all
-man the fuck up (if not already applied)



Guess I'll do them until I fail then. Thing is that last 2 reps from 4th and 5th set needed like a 10 sec break while standing still and it took like 4-5 seconds to get up. I am not "feeling like I am not able to do it". But thanks for these recovery pointers <3. I'll definetaly try some of them out. I usually sleep 8-10 hours but this week I got 2h sleep after first training day and 4h after next so that probably had it's impact.


Yeah, you'll be amazed at your bodies ability to adapt and continue pushing heavy weights around from week to week, just keep working on it. Stick to the SS or SL program as long as you possibly can, they're the most effective way to improve. If you really can't keep going, reassess your goals and figure out a new program that better suits them (whether that be SL into SS, or SS into an intermediate or BB routine, that's up to you.)
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
November 27 2011 03:31 GMT
#13837
On November 27 2011 08:53 Crawler wrote:
How long have everyone here added weights before stopping and deloading or switching program? Somehow I have managed to do my squats every time but they are seriously getting close to my limit. Should I just keep adding until 1 day I can't get up and break my back or something? Just wanted to know how everyone else have solved this problem.


its great you can keep making gains and havent had to deload. keep it up. i believe malinor did SS until some ridiculous gains.

Im just pissed that I hurt my knee and had to take a week off from squats.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 27 2011 07:50 GMT
#13838
On November 27 2011 10:00 FFGenerations wrote:

edit: also get some antidepressents lol (NOT citalopram lol *pukes* . fluoxitine is good)


Weightlifting is my antidepressent :D Hard to be sad when you're throwing around heavy weights.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 12:09:25
November 27 2011 12:08 GMT
#13839
On November 27 2011 09:33 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 08:55 sJarl wrote:
On November 27 2011 08:13 Malinor wrote:
Alright, week1 of 5/3/1 is finished, so I have some first numbers to work with:

OH-Press: 67,5kg x 9 (ok)
Bench Press: 97,5kg x 12 (very good and way more than I expected)
BO-Row: 80kg x 13 (also good and a bit more than I expected)
Squat: 150kg x 10 (ok)
Deadlift: 168,5kg x 9 (that day I felt awful and had to fight for each rep. I should be able to do much better)

So let's see what I can do next week. Also did some face pulls today and they are indeed the exercise I was basically looking for for my rear delts, thx for the tip sJarl.


So you are just doing the regular 5/3/1 setup? You may find the reps a bit too much but I assure you that they work wonders. Just check out (and everyone else should!) http://531year.blogspot.com/ . That guy is a testimony to what hard work and consistency can give you.

Good to know that face pulls were helpful I like doing those when warming up for bench press but I really should do them every (or at least every other) workout.


I'll start with the normal version, yes. However, I have decided to just throw in occasional singles at the Training-1RM. So today I did a 175kg single for squats and yesterday 115kg BP and 95kg BO-Row. And then keep the weight on these singles constant throughout the cycle, just to get some heavy reps in. And also perform them every other week, like in the PL-version

I don't know about the PL-Version of 5/3/1 (or should I say 3/5/1). I had some trouble comprehending what he really meant at some points. Here is how I understood it: Basically you just do the prescribed reps on the 3reps- and 1rep days, plus two singles at certain percentages. And on the 5reps days you go for an all out set and don't do singles. But I am not sure if this is accurate.
I also did not comprehend the percentages at which the singles should be performed (Training-1RM, real 1RM or goal-for- the-meet-1RM) neither if they are done before or after the last regular set (though I strongly assume after).
Long story short, it wasn't straight forward enough for me and I probably should read it again (which I am going to do tomorrow). But actually I am just hooked on the layout of the normal version at the moment, you basically have monthly and weekly progression at the same time, and always something to look forward to at your workouts.

The good thing about the programm is that you have massive flexibility. You can basically reevaluate after each cycle and change things around a bit to your liking. I'll just start with the normal version and see how it works.


Ok, I read again today and that is what I came up with (basically the 5/3/1 for the non-competitive powerlifter, page59):
  • You do 3/5/1/deload
  • On the 3+ and 1+ week you can, after your work sets, work up to a single up to max. 95% of your predicted max. This must mean your real max and not your training-max, since you do 95% of your training-max on your 1+day anway.
  • What I am not sure about is whether you should go for max reps on your work sets in all three weeks, or you should stop yourself short on the 5+day (he says on page12 that the 5+ day is not for max reps, but I do not find the elaboration on this anywhere later, and don't really know if this actually holds true for all the outlined variations).


Well, maybe you can help me out here. All things considered, with this version I should probably change to the 3/5/1 for my second cycle, since that is pretty similiar to what I was doing anyway. Maybe I just do the 5+ and cut the assistance work short on that week, maybe has the same effect. I really want to try to some high-rep records as well.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
November 27 2011 12:58 GMT
#13840
If you are going for heavy singles (I just go for whatever I'm able to do that day) you don't to to failure on the perscribed reps (3 reps if wk1 or 1 rep if wk3).

Don't be afraid of doing a little less weight if you are feeling off that day.

No failure on wk2 either (5 reps week). It is supposed to be a lighter week since you are going heavy in two other weeks and you need the recovery.

So the cycle is: Heavy -> Medium -> Heavy -> Very light
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Prev 1 690 691 692 693 694 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2449
GuemChi 709
Leta 156
Snow 110
Terrorterran 72
Bale 30
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto17
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
summit1g6720
WinterStarcraft354
C9.Mang0276
Sick142
ViBE88
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1306
• Stunt413
Other Games
• Shiphtur394
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 45m
Patches Events
10h 45m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.