• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9439 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 694

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 692 693 694 695 696 730 Next
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
November 28 2011 01:02 GMT
#13861
awesome job gotunk!!
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
November 28 2011 01:02 GMT
#13862
love your deadlift
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
November 28 2011 01:04 GMT
#13863
Nice Gotunk.

Actually saw your post first on LP and then came back here to see if you had posted it here. :p
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 28 2011 01:16 GMT
#13864
Congrats gotunk! Your deadlift is very fast off the ground. +1 for raw lifting too :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
November 28 2011 01:32 GMT
#13865
Thanks everyone. I think most compete raw, only saw 1 guy with a bench shirt. Don't plan on adding gear anytime soon.

On my deadlift, I think my start is very smooth because I load my entire body before going down. Got a lot of things to work for the following meeting:
-Need good body: 14% bf is not acceptable: go to 10% at least. Starting to work on this tomorrow.
-More squatting. I feel really comfortable benching and deadlifting, prolly cause I have done it a lot. I feel kinda odd squatting, so I gotta practice it more.
-Add heavy partial deadlifts to my training at some point.

@eshlow
u play poker aswell or just lurk the forum?
beberly
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States117 Posts
November 28 2011 03:09 GMT
#13866
At the gym today, I saw a bro do 400 (!) shrugs on the Smith machine. At a pace of about 1-2 per second. In sets of 50. He was right next to my rack, and after hearing swishswishswishswishswish for 30 seconds at a time, I counted a set while resting.

GOOD WORK BRO. MASSIVE SHOULDERS ARE IN YOUR FUTURE FOR SURE.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 03:37:13
November 28 2011 03:36 GMT
#13867
@gotunk - Yeah i feel like your squatting is a bit behind. your bench too relative to your deadlift imo. Still overall very solid but your DL is way ahead. Do you have pretty long legs/arms? Smolov cycle perhaps?

@beberly - bro logic is flawless
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
November 28 2011 04:26 GMT
#13868
Yeah, I play.... I can't find time to grind though. Up from scratch (freerolls) to 40 BI at 4NL on merge
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
November 28 2011 09:24 GMT
#13869
omg brain melt haha :D *used to play*
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
November 28 2011 10:16 GMT
#13870
Random stuff:

1) I did a sprint-workout yesterday on a track closeby which I just discovered. It is no tartan track, more like a dirt track in a forest but without the stones. That was my first real sprinting since 2005 and I did 5x100m approxiamtely. a) It was so much fun, I am gonna by new shoes for this today, normal running shoes have horrible stability. b) I cannot stand-up or sit down anymore without supporting my weight somehow. My quads and part of my harmstrings are so sore, like no amount of squatting could ever do. I can hardly move + Show Spoiler +
it is awesome


2) I was on vacation for 1 1/2weeks and apparently gained 1.4kg during that time. That made me pretty mad (and confused, since I normally don't gain weight during vacation, you are on your feet all the time and don't have time to eat constantly). So after one week of very disciplined eating I consulted my scale again and I am down 3.3kg from last week. Talking about a rebound effect there. Of course I must have been pretty bloated last week, you don't just lost more than 3kg in one week, but there was some truth to it, since that week my blood sugar spiked to 127 in the morning for the first times since several months (damn you coke). Anyway, blood sugar and weight are down again, so everything is good in the world. 135,3kg now, let's see if I can crack 130kg before christmas.


-Need good body: 14% bf is not acceptable: go to 10% at least. Starting to work on this tomorrow.

The day I am able to make a statement like this, I can die as a happy man. Besides that, 10% sounds kind of low for a Powerlifter in the off-season.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
November 28 2011 11:23 GMT
#13871
Grats Gotunk! Really beastly deadlift :D.
JohnnyBanana
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada493 Posts
November 28 2011 11:49 GMT
#13872
On November 27 2011 08:55 sJarl wrote:
@JohnnyBanana: Rack pulls are good if your lockout sucks (and your form is spot on) but they are risky and not really suitable for beginners imo. Regular deadlifts are in almost all cases sufficient. I'd reccomend good mornings and mobility stuff if that is affecting your posture.

Number one thing I feel to correct your posture is just to be aware of that it's bad and consistenly trying to improve it thoughout the day by sitting straighter for example.


Thanks, good mornings was another thing I was going to ask about...what day would it be best to work on? i.e., same as back day? Or do a few every session?


Crawler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Estonia248 Posts
November 28 2011 12:24 GMT
#13873
On November 28 2011 12:09 beberly wrote:
At the gym today, I saw a bro do 400 (!) shrugs on the Smith machine. At a pace of about 1-2 per second. In sets of 50. He was right next to my rack, and after hearing swishswishswishswishswish for 30 seconds at a time, I counted a set while resting.

GOOD WORK BRO. MASSIVE SHOULDERS ARE IN YOUR FUTURE FOR SURE.


dude don't you know anything about bros? he was "toning"
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
November 28 2011 12:28 GMT
#13874
eshlow, what's your nickname on LP? do you just lurk around there?
For the Swarm!
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 12:49:08
November 28 2011 12:45 GMT
#13875
went to another local gym since they offered me a trial session
(LAFitness)
has got 1 olympic barbell, no rack of any sort, and a wooden floor (presumeably no drops)
but a sexy swimming pool
ended up doing 3k+ jog/walk, plus 15 min brisk walk to get there and 20 min back
dont mind missing the day, coz was gonna go super light on squats anyway coz i think theyre due some extra rest :/

start my new job/new workplace in an hour, frying some sweet potato to see if it tastes any nicer when cripsy. Knackered lol
edit: burnt ffs
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
November 28 2011 13:43 GMT
#13876
On November 28 2011 21:45 FFGenerations wrote:
went to another local gym since they offered me a trial session
(LAFitness)
has got 1 olympic barbell, no rack of any sort, and a wooden floor (presumeably no drops)
but a sexy swimming pool
ended up doing 3k+ jog/walk, plus 15 min brisk walk to get there and 20 min back
dont mind missing the day, coz was gonna go super light on squats anyway coz i think theyre due some extra rest :/

start my new job/new workplace in an hour, frying some sweet potato to see if it tastes any nicer when cripsy. Knackered lol
edit: burnt ffs


i would probably steam or boil it first. then get the oil really hot before putting it in.
Jupiter
Profile Joined November 2009
Australia73 Posts
November 28 2011 13:47 GMT
#13877
Great lifts Gotunk!! Really impressive.

I took a week off after I finished madcows. Really needed it and its probably the first time I've had a real 'break' since I started training 10 months ago. In the past 10 months I can count how many times I've missed gym on one hand so it felt weird not going for a week.

After completing madcows I would 100% recommend it for anyone looking to further their strength gains after SS.

I want to balance out my body a bit more (I'm really lower body focused. 26 1/2 inch quads). So I'm currently on a 4 day bodybuilding style split. Still lifting heavy and have my compound lifts at the core of the program.

The volume and very little rest is killing me. Last friday I had squats - did only 140kg x 10 x 3 with just over a minutes rest inbetween sets and after I ran to the bathroom thinking I was going to throw up :S

My plan is to stick with this for 3 months bring my upper body up and then cut. Hopefully after that I should have some good progress pics!!


mum says I cant play games against Zerg
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
November 28 2011 13:51 GMT
#13878
On November 28 2011 21:45 FFGenerations wrote:
went to another local gym since they offered me a trial session
(LAFitness)
has got 1 olympic barbell, no rack of any sort, and a wooden floor (presumeably no drops)
but a sexy swimming pool
ended up doing 3k+ jog/walk, plus 15 min brisk walk to get there and 20 min back
dont mind missing the day, coz was gonna go super light on squats anyway coz i think theyre due some extra rest :/

start my new job/new workplace in an hour, frying some sweet potato to see if it tastes any nicer when cripsy. Knackered lol
edit: burnt ffs


I hate it when I burn my food.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 14:18:33
November 28 2011 14:03 GMT
#13879
Mark Rippetoe is doing an AMA on Reddit next week!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/mrwyv/on_monday_december_5th_mark_rippetoe_author_of/

Also, there's a 3rd edition of SS :O
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 28 2011 14:15 GMT
#13880
On November 28 2011 23:03 emperorchampion wrote:
Mark Rippetoe is doing an AMA on Reddit today!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/mrwyv/on_monday_december_5th_mark_rippetoe_author_of/

Also, there's a 3rd edition of SS :O


December 5th is NEXT monday. You trying to push me towards finals even faster than I'm already going? =(
Prev 1 692 693 694 695 696 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1021
910 108
Hyun 68
NotJumperer 45
Bale 34
sorry 25
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto219
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g6843
Coldzera 719
WinterStarcraft388
C9.Mang0234
ceh9232
NeuroSwarm108
ViBE32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 31
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 32m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.