• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:37
CEST 02:37
KST 09:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8932 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 596

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 594 595 596 597 598 730 Next
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 19 2011 03:09 GMT
#11901
On September 19 2011 11:49 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 10:37 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On September 19 2011 07:51 brotosterone wrote:
Just found this thread ^^

brotosterone
Age: 23 || Height: 5'7" || Weight: 160 lbs
Starting Date: 09/18/11 || Goal Date: 05/01/12
Weight goals -- None
Training goals --

Currently: Squat 365lb, Bench 275lb
Goal: Get back to where I was 2 years ago - Squat 475lb, Bench 315lb

My motivation aka me in 2009 - Squat: 465lb x 1 - YOUTUBE VIDEO

Nutrition goals -- Continue as normal


No deadlift? You'd have such a beast total


Great squat!

Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 09:30 phyre112 wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:54 decafchicken wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:42 phyre112 wrote:
We won, 29-15. Didn't score myself (only ran the ball once) but I did a good job in all the roles I was asked to play today. Lifting was good, rucking was pretty beast, and the common factor to all the scrums that we won, was me getting my feet set and my legs extended, and the other lock keeping his ass out of the air. I'd say all in all I did a good job, especially for a first game.

One thing I need to learn to do though is tackle. I came around to it the end of the game, and brought a couple guys down... but I could've personally stopped one of their scores in the first if I had just come in lower, and really gone for the guy. As it is, I was nervous, and I came in with my chin to his shoulder. He had at least 30 pounds on me, and I just bounced off... But so did our senior fullback, so I don't feel AWFUL on that one.

D1 team beat buffalo too - they were the team that won the conference last year, so that's a step forward for us.


Congrats! was 29-15 for the B-side? And yeah like i said can't be scared going into contact, gotta get pissed and bury that mother fucker. Hit low pick em up and dump em. Buffalo is pretty good from what i hear (actually have a rookie on our team from there this year). We played the buffalo's mens team in the finals of the Can-Am tournament and only won by 2 points (i was with detroits mens team). Did you guys social afterwards? Kinda sucks having a game on sunday instead of saturday :-/


Actually we only fielded one d3 team... only half the guys that said they were coming actually showed up for the game. I think that comes with having sunday games three hours away though. So 29-15 was for the actual d3 team, and I played the whole game. And no, we couldn't social afterwards. Next weekend is even worse, because the d1 game is saturday, but the d3 is sunday again.

Oh didn't realize you guys had both a D1 and D3 team, that's great. Pretty sucky situation though :-(


Yeah, right now we've got between 30 and 45 guys that come out to each practice... And in past years we've had as many as 60. So on days like this, the first 18 play d1, and on days like next weekend, the first 23 play d1. The next 18/23 get in on the d3 game, and then assuming we get good attendance the rest of the guys play B side games against either the d1 or the d3 opponent... so we have had as many as four games on one saturday before.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 19 2011 03:13 GMT
#11902
Holy hell that's a lot! Our practice #'s historically are around 20-30 T_T Usually just enough for an A-side and B-side, sometimes i've had to play both.

Oh and a picture with the former olympian fred lowe congratulating me on the meet :D

[image loading]
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
September 19 2011 03:17 GMT
#11903
> brotosterone

O_O I remember seeing this on TL back in 2009!
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
September 19 2011 03:29 GMT
#11904
Had a car accident last friday on the highway. Long story short, my car flipped over. My gf broke her clavicle, her sister got bruises all over her face and lower back pain, the other chick hit her leg and sprained her neck. I got nothing but some minor scratches from the shattered windshield. I feel like shit though because I was driving. I was the first one to get out of the car and I didn't know wtf happened until I heard my gf screaming and crying. I got back into the car through the window and just held her hand fuck it was the most awful feeling ever I though she had a spinal cord injury or something. Gonna go lift some shit tomorrow.
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-19 03:59:02
September 19 2011 03:54 GMT
#11905
At least everyone got out relatively ok. I hope recovery goes well for your gf and friends/family.

btw sweet pic decaf
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
September 19 2011 04:39 GMT
#11906
Shit that's intense. Hopefully there's no long term injuries.
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
September 19 2011 06:00 GMT
#11907
I hate spring! It makes deadlifting hard Hands get too sweaty and my grip fails.
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-19 06:18:43
September 19 2011 06:18 GMT
#11908
Congratulations Decaf! You have excelled in the Olympic lifts so fast. What is your bodyweight at right now? Are you competing in the 105kg- class?

Today's workout:

95kgx3x10 squats
Clean and Jerk to max (just went to 65kg, still not comfortable dipping to catch the bar, still power jerking because split jerk hurts my shoulder)
65kgx5x5 push press

My legs were shaky and I felt like throwing up at the end of my third set of squats. This was my first time ever doing 3x10, and god damn it's intense. Felt good as fuck.
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
September 19 2011 08:01 GMT
#11909
Great lifts decaf, congratulations!
feanor1
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1899 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-19 09:39:10
September 19 2011 09:38 GMT
#11910
Jake
Age: 20 || Height: 6'6" || Weight: 190 lbs
Starting Date: 9/20/2011 || Goal Date: 12/31/2011
Weight goals -- 200lbs
Training goals -- 195 lbs Bench
Not sure on other benchmarks
Nutrition goals -- Eating enough to gain mass, IE not skipping meals when i am busy

I have been working out for a little under a year with a couple of friends, but I really want to actually get serious about gaining some mass and strength. Haven't been following any system or anything. Making it once or twice a week doing bench(Pyramid 8, 6, 4, 2, 1), curls(3X10), shrugs, preacher curls, dumbbell Triceps extension, maybe varying a biceps exercise.

I put on around 15 pounds in the last year, my one rep bench max went from 125 to 175, and i can now do 3x5 bench at 135. Anyhow at 6'6" i would still like to put on quite a bit more weight, but really dont have all that much experience lifting. Any tips would be appreciated, I plan one going to the gym 3-4days a week(holding off on Cardio atm so I don't have to eat myself into a coma). PMs or replies.
Thanks
Also is 20 pounds gain in bench a reasonable goal is it too low???
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
September 19 2011 10:06 GMT
#11911
Read the OP for a real programm to add some mass and strength. Adding 20lb until the end of the year should be no problem if you follow a decent routine, which doesn't consist mainly of arm-exercises.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Metallingus
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Philippines468 Posts
September 19 2011 10:08 GMT
#11912
3x5x155 doesn't seem too bad of a goal. Set a new goal when you hit that, and you'll be all set. That's how it goes.
Overcome all. Especially plateaus.
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-19 10:14:42
September 19 2011 10:13 GMT
#11913
I sort of have the feeling that we are recommended away from eating bread, but my paleo~ish diet of basically only meat\fruits\vegetables and milk is getting pretty expensive, so I will probably add some bread to my diet. Was looking at some bread today which was like 20g protein 20g carbs (where 0.7g of them were from sugars?) Which seems pretty good to me? And eating one of those breads would also be like around half of my daily kcal.
Wat
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-19 10:26:01
September 19 2011 10:25 GMT
#11914
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 19 2011 18:38 feanor1 wrote:
Jake
Age: 20 || Height: 6'6" || Weight: 190 lbs
Starting Date: 9/20/2011 || Goal Date: 12/31/2011
Weight goals -- 200lbs
Training goals -- 195 lbs Bench
Not sure on other benchmarks
Nutrition goals -- Eating enough to gain mass, IE not skipping meals when i am busy

I have been working out for a little under a year with a couple of friends, but I really want to actually get serious about gaining some mass and strength. Haven't been following any system or anything. Making it once or twice a week doing bench(Pyramid 8, 6, 4, 2, 1), curls(3X10), shrugs, preacher curls, dumbbell Triceps extension, maybe varying a biceps exercise.

I put on around 15 pounds in the last year, my one rep bench max went from 125 to 175, and i can now do 3x5 bench at 135. Anyhow at 6'6" i would still like to put on quite a bit more weight, but really dont have all that much experience lifting. Any tips would be appreciated, I plan one going to the gym 3-4days a week(holding off on Cardio atm so I don't have to eat myself into a coma). PMs or replies.
Thanks
Also is 20 pounds gain in bench a reasonable goal is it too low???

Definitely start deadlifting and squatting. And drinking a ton of whole milk is an easy way to get enough calories every day.
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-19 11:15:41
September 19 2011 11:15 GMT
#11915
On September 19 2011 19:13 Earll wrote:
I sort of have the feeling that we are recommended away from eating bread, but my paleo~ish diet of basically only meat\fruits\vegetables and milk is getting pretty expensive, so I will probably add some bread to my diet. Was looking at some bread today which was like 20g protein 20g carbs (where 0.7g of them were from sugars?) Which seems pretty good to me? And eating one of those breads would also be like around half of my daily kcal.


Gluten-free oatmeal, white rice, and potatoes would probably be better options for economical staples on paleo. I would never get enough calories in without the three abovementioned items.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
September 19 2011 11:31 GMT
#11916
On September 19 2011 18:38 feanor1 wrote:
Jake
Age: 20 || Height: 6'6" || Weight: 190 lbs
Starting Date: 9/20/2011 || Goal Date: 12/31/2011
Weight goals -- 200lbs
Training goals -- 195 lbs Bench
Not sure on other benchmarks
Nutrition goals -- Eating enough to gain mass, IE not skipping meals when i am busy

I have been working out for a little under a year with a couple of friends, but I really want to actually get serious about gaining some mass and strength. Haven't been following any system or anything. Making it once or twice a week doing bench(Pyramid 8, 6, 4, 2, 1), curls(3X10), shrugs, preacher curls, dumbbell Triceps extension, maybe varying a biceps exercise.

I put on around 15 pounds in the last year, my one rep bench max went from 125 to 175, and i can now do 3x5 bench at 135. Anyhow at 6'6" i would still like to put on quite a bit more weight, but really dont have all that much experience lifting. Any tips would be appreciated, I plan one going to the gym 3-4days a week(holding off on Cardio atm so I don't have to eat myself into a coma). PMs or replies.
Thanks
Also is 20 pounds gain in bench a reasonable goal is it too low???


Welcome!

Squats and deadlifts, pullups and cleans will do wonders for you. You could also do some "unconventional" things like farmer's walks, tire flipping and hill sprints.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
stevarius
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1394 Posts
September 19 2011 12:30 GMT
#11917
On September 19 2011 18:38 feanor1 wrote:
Jake
Age: 20 || Height: 6'6" || Weight: 190 lbs
Starting Date: 9/20/2011 || Goal Date: 12/31/2011
Weight goals -- 200lbs
Training goals -- 195 lbs Bench
Not sure on other benchmarks
Nutrition goals -- Eating enough to gain mass, IE not skipping meals when i am busy

I have been working out for a little under a year with a couple of friends, but I really want to actually get serious about gaining some mass and strength. Haven't been following any system or anything. Making it once or twice a week doing bench(Pyramid 8, 6, 4, 2, 1), curls(3X10), shrugs, preacher curls, dumbbell Triceps extension, maybe varying a biceps exercise.

I put on around 15 pounds in the last year, my one rep bench max went from 125 to 175, and i can now do 3x5 bench at 135. Anyhow at 6'6" i would still like to put on quite a bit more weight, but really dont have all that much experience lifting. Any tips would be appreciated, I plan one going to the gym 3-4days a week(holding off on Cardio atm so I don't have to eat myself into a coma). PMs or replies.
Thanks
Also is 20 pounds gain in bench a reasonable goal is it too low???


20 pounds in bench from now to December is a very low goal, especially given the lower amount of weight you're currently doing at your height. With a proper routine and good nutrition, I don't see why you can't add almost 5 pounds per week on bench.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
September 19 2011 12:42 GMT
#11918
On September 19 2011 15:18 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Congratulations Decaf! You have excelled in the Olympic lifts so fast. What is your bodyweight at right now? Are you competing in the 105kg- class?

Today's workout:

95kgx3x10 squats
Clean and Jerk to max (just went to 65kg, still not comfortable dipping to catch the bar, still power jerking because split jerk hurts my shoulder)
65kgx5x5 push press

My legs were shaky and I felt like throwing up at the end of my third set of squats. This was my first time ever doing 3x10, and god damn it's intense. Felt good as fuck.


wtf is up with you?

Do I need to fly to Japan and give you a lecture on how to be fucking Rosa? THIS IS NOT THE ROSA I KNOW. Where in the name of shit is that massive squat you used to have. I remember thinking "If I don't it right, if my form fucks up, decaf and rosa are going to fucking kill me!".

Do it bro. I know you can. DO IT .

I'm still happy as fuck that I lifted 3x5 120kg on friday haha :D. (and scored twice on the weekend!).
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
September 19 2011 13:13 GMT
#11919
New PR of 3x5x150kg deadlift, after like 3months+ of no deadlifting due to pain in lower back. Pretty happy with that considering I'm on week 4 of Layne Norton's Phat and you're supposed to be pretty tired by now.
Definitely have more in me though so now I gotta buy more weights XD.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-19 13:40:34
September 19 2011 13:26 GMT
#11920
Bah... I need to get back to paleo 2.0 or even 1.0, I'm getting breakouts like crazy when I splurge on sweets and bread.

I need an easy source of protein and I'm a little bit weary of using whey. But God do I love Optimum Whey's cookies and cream.... When I eventually switch to some sort of egg white protein powder that is gonna suck.

Anyone know any good tasting egg white protein powder?

Eggology looks pretty decent since you can just chug it but it's as expensive as Hell. If you want 50g of protein from it everyday for a month that'll cost ya around $192. There might be local sources that are much cheaper than that however.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
Prev 1 594 595 596 597 598 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2478
Artosis 685
White-Ra 116
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever586
NeuroSwarm201
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv300
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe160
Other Games
summit1g8893
shahzam598
JimRising 575
C9.Mang0316
ArmadaUGS60
RuFF_SC29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream334
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta20
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.