• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:57
CEST 06:57
KST 13:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8040 users

Feel Stuck? SC2 Guides For You! - Page 2

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
_MagnuM_
Profile Joined July 2011
Denmark136 Posts
June 24 2012 01:48 GMT
#21
i remember seeing some of these videos like a year ago.... it hasnt changed (cant say for the paid content)

i think the idea is kinda weak.. but maybe you will find some people who are willing to pay... anyway good luck, but honestly i would prefer watching a progamer stream where he commentates on what hes doing - cant get more up to date than that cos its live...

i dont mean to be rude, so dont take it the wrong way, i'm just expressing my own personal opinion.
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
hotkeyit
Profile Joined December 2010
United States9 Posts
June 24 2012 01:58 GMT
#22
On June 24 2012 10:11 Nerdstomper wrote:
just signed up


I love it.
http://hotkeyit.com
Jermman
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada174 Posts
June 24 2012 02:28 GMT
#23
Would help if you had up to date knowledge and people who actually knew what they are talking about. Im not paying 5 bucks a month to have someone tell me the importance of high ground control over and over, something any bronze player knows. Your sample video is shit, and if its any indication of the rest..
Terran/Random Player
DodgySmalls
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada158 Posts
June 24 2012 02:43 GMT
#24
On June 24 2012 11:28 Jermman wrote:
Would help if you had up to date knowledge and people who actually knew what they are talking about. Im not paying 5 bucks a month to have someone tell me the importance of high ground control over and over, something any bronze player knows. Your sample video is shit, and if its any indication of the rest..


While I don't agree with this post or the sentiment it posses, I do agree that up to date information is extremely important.

Should I assume the non-sample videos contain information that isn't recorded on maps like xel-naga or shattered temple?
I am confident as a player, so I wouldn't want a tool like this however I'll definitely recommend it to my friends who are newer to the game etc if it is confirmed that the knowledge is of "modern" sc2 and not 6 months old.

Best of luck, hopefully one of these websites will manage to keep up and running as I think it's an excellent business idea for consumer and producer alike.
Please remove nyx assassin
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
June 24 2012 03:08 GMT
#25
On June 24 2012 04:35 TitaniumDesigns wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 04:15 jcroisdale wrote:
In the ever growing sea of sc2 content, and a vast majority of it being free, I don't see a lot of people buying this. Im definitly a fan of Cecil and would like to watch some videos but won't be paying the money.


Looks like a nice cheap alternative to coaching and you have some great players.

There is a lot of free good content out there, but it's kinda hard to find..

So for $5/Month, i'd recommend this as it'll generally take you a good hour or more to find good content, and remember time is money.. an hour to most people is $10 working wage, so it saves you time and money!

Although for some people like me who have no job, time is not of the essence
Non0
Profile Joined April 2010
United States100 Posts
June 24 2012 05:08 GMT
#26
Wow, last time I looked at hotkeyit.com it looked pretty lame, they've really improved their site and content a lot it looks like! Good job, this looks great! :D
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
June 24 2012 05:09 GMT
#27
On June 24 2012 03:23 teddyoojo wrote:
looks exactly like nerdstomper.com which unfortunately failed horrendous :>

Hotkeyit has been around for years (since before Nerdstomper I think), it's not some new startup and thus won't go the way of Nerdstomper
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
June 24 2012 06:41 GMT
#28
On June 24 2012 05:13 Aterons_toss wrote:
Your video about micro is 40 mins long, on old maps with old openings and some pretty outdated zerg army comps ( hydra/roach is not very common, mass speed ling opening nether ).

That's because it's an old video. Skew probably didn't realize that it'd be a bad idea to display such an old video as an example video, my guess is that he was thinking "save the new content from the site redesign for paying customers".

So you're conclusion isn't really based off of a good example, though it's not really your fault.
YMCApylons
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Taiwan359 Posts
June 24 2012 06:55 GMT
#29
Any SC2 content is better than no content, but the bar is pretty high for paid content.

I watched the free CecilKurkure video on Protoss micro...there are some pretty obvious production errors that make me wonder if anyone even looked at the final product. First, the screen goes bright-white for a few minutes early in the video. It's still watchable, but it is very obvious, and very annoying. Secondly, when he pulls up MS Paint to draw some diagrams...we can't see the diagrams. Whatever image capture software he used is not capturing the MS Paint window, only Starcraft. We see the mouse cursor change shape and move around, and it doesn't make any sense at all.

The maps, strategies, and the timings are pretty old, but I guess the old stuff is the free stuff. That's forgivable. What's much more damning is that either no one bothered to check the final product, or that they thought that was good enough to charge money for it. Either way, not good.
You must construct additional pylons.
heraclos
Profile Joined September 2011
Taiwan38 Posts
June 24 2012 07:40 GMT
#30
5$ only, I'll give it a shot. gotta get out of Bronze on KR/TW :D
tyty <3
There aren't fifty ways of fighting, there is only one: the winner. [Naniwa][MvP][Moon]
StatixEx
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United Kingdom779 Posts
June 24 2012 11:41 GMT
#31
i can save you all cash just watch the destiny mass queens video. If this video picks apart HOW to get greater mechanics rather than just saying build drones then ill pay 4 life

problems im finding with this game and to get out of the gold/plat league is that everyone says macro macro macro. . . i cant identify where mine is going wrong. Do these videos point to common things like were it is slipping and what the mindset/benchmark is to fixing it

Gihi
Profile Joined September 2011
384 Posts
June 24 2012 12:55 GMT
#32
Also I wanted to note, it is too bad that there are no alternative payment options than credit card subscriptions imo. I would definitely buy like 3 months of access by say Paypal or bank transfer, but a lot of students do not own a credit card which cuts out quite a big customer base imo. Maybe some food for thought! Really helpful videos though!!
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
June 24 2012 15:21 GMT
#33
i remember talking to these guys when they were still preparing for their website to be completed... seemed very professional, would support them!
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
Diabulus
Profile Joined February 2011
Bolivia105 Posts
June 24 2012 15:36 GMT
#34
LOL this is ages old.....not --->*****NEEEWWW****<----- dude is going 1 gate fast expand....
" GO PROTOSS!!! "
Selkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States530 Posts
June 24 2012 15:42 GMT
#35
I'd label the videos, old, recent, new, so people get an idea of what's what.
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
June 24 2012 16:57 GMT
#36
If I counted right, this is the third time you guys use TL's ad service. Out of curiosity, is it out of desperation or are u guys having success with it?
I hate all this singing
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
June 24 2012 17:00 GMT
#37
Well if the sample video is any indicator of what the rest of videos will be like, I certainly won't be signing up. Good initiative and goodluck however.
Refer to my post.
hotkeyit
Profile Joined December 2010
United States9 Posts
June 24 2012 20:41 GMT
#38
On June 24 2012 21:55 GIhi wrote:
Also I wanted to note, it is too bad that there are no alternative payment options than credit card subscriptions imo. I would definitely buy like 3 months of access by say Paypal or bank transfer, but a lot of students do not own a credit card which cuts out quite a big customer base imo. Maybe some food for thought! Really helpful videos though!!


We do also accept paypal but not bank transfers.
http://hotkeyit.com
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-24 20:49:45
June 24 2012 20:47 GMT
#39
I actually enjoy the video example, reminds me a lot of what Day9 usto be before he tailored most of his videos for lowerleague players. It's not "day9 quality from BW" but it's close enough to give it solid props. I may purchase this, but I have to kinda map out if it's worth it sense I'm ranked pretty high masters so I don't know the quality I'd receive.

Good job though, goodluck.

EDIT: I also enjoy how I don't have to watch the ENTIRE replay, you section out the important shit. This was a really basic video, but the asthetic properties were enjoyable and informational (though it's information I also know) btw cute mule during the first engagement on the ramp (building bunker) hehehe I hate that.
FoTG fighting!
-vVvTitan-
Profile Joined August 2010
United States473 Posts
June 24 2012 22:16 GMT
#40
On June 25 2012 05:47 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
I actually enjoy the video example, reminds me a lot of what Day9 usto be before he tailored most of his videos for lowerleague players. It's not "day9 quality from BW" but it's close enough to give it solid props. I may purchase this, but I have to kinda map out if it's worth it sense I'm ranked pretty high masters so I don't know the quality I'd receive.

Good job though, goodluck.

EDIT: I also enjoy how I don't have to watch the ENTIRE replay, you section out the important shit. This was a really basic video, but the asthetic properties were enjoyable and informational (though it's information I also know) btw cute mule during the first engagement on the ramp (building bunker) hehehe I hate that.


Being high masters will make certain things in the videos seem like common sense to you. However, there are also various small things that can be learned which elevate your game more than you know. The biggest difference you will notice at the higher level are the minor style variations and how they affect the duration of the game. In these videos you will most without a doubt learn these subtle differences. Also, you can post and ask for certain things to be discussed in the videos. As a coach for Hotkeyit, I enjoy having interaction with those wanting clarity or specific mechanics discussed.
vVv.Titan @ vVv-Gaming.com
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2121
Snow 120
Bale 28
Noble 14
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
Counter-Strike
taco 427
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1458
Mew2King8
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1304
WinterStarcraft616
Other Games
summit1g7966
JimRising 649
PiGStarcraft319
C9.Mang0167
ArmadaUGS156
Maynarde133
Sick111
RuFF_SC2108
ViBE76
Livibee51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick643
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki138
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2106
League of Legends
• Lourlo1391
• Rush1098
• Stunt313
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 3m
OSC
8h 3m
Stellar Fest
8h 3m
OSC
19h 3m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.