• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:55
CEST 00:55
KST 07:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9100 users

Hack Starcraft: ggtracker is hiring! - Page 2

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Incze
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Romania2058 Posts
April 18 2012 11:00 GMT
#21
I am having trouble uploading multiple replays at a time, how exactly do I do that?
Religion: Buckethead
Ashur
Profile Joined January 2004
Czech Republic646 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 11:26:45
April 18 2012 11:20 GMT
#22
Looks like webdev, nothing interesting for me. I would be interested in realtime data charts during casting. But I understand that ggtracker business model is based on ads, so it needs to be web based.

And about "hacking" topic. It is quite clear that to hack means you attach/change/sniff/crack something else. Hacking a waterpipe means you want some juice out of it for yourself, right? GGtracker just actually analyze stuff, using thirdparty lib. That lib might have used hacking techniques to get parsing alorithms, who knows.

I would rather choose "Analyze replays" instead of "Hack StarCraft". But yeah, I woudn't click on this thread if I saw "Analyze replays"...
mafia shit bullshit
Azhrak
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland1198 Posts
April 18 2012 11:25 GMT
#23
On April 18 2012 20:20 Ashur wrote:
I would be interested in realtime data charts during casting.

I'd assume that kind of data sniffing would be considered breaking the TOS and could lead to a ban in bnet.
starcraft2.fi
Ashur
Profile Joined January 2004
Czech Republic646 Posts
April 18 2012 11:32 GMT
#24
On April 18 2012 20:25 Azhrak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 20:20 Ashur wrote:
I would be interested in realtime data charts during casting.

I'd assume that kind of data sniffing would be considered breaking the TOS and could lead to a ban in bnet.


True and false. Your antivirus reads SC2 memory too. Such a tool would give that data only a meaning. I would love to see more charts of income, etc. in game. Something like GGTracker live, where they would have to use other lib than sc2reader. I mean, I do not care about games I played, I want that information live and see it during gameplay (not yours ofc, that is considered cheating).
mafia shit bullshit
peacenl
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 12:22:50
April 18 2012 12:10 GMT
#25
On April 18 2012 18:07 Azzur wrote:
For those interested: the original term for "hacker" means someone writing code in an unstructured manner. Now, of course, it has a different meaning.

So an unskilled programmer would be called a hacker, your full of it :D

But don't worry it's often misused for some unstructured or sloppy piece of code. This implies lack of understanding, which is usually not the case with hackers. A hack may just as well be the prettiest written piece of code, even better written than the original program. A hack merely implies that someone used the system (hacked into the system) for which it was not designed.
- One does not simply walk into a bar and start calling the shots.
- Failure doesn't mean you are a failure it just means you haven't succeeded yet.
fusefuse
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Estonia4644 Posts
April 18 2012 12:11 GMT
#26
On April 18 2012 16:15 _MagnuM_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 10:51 dsjoerg wrote:
....
ps. also looking to hire a graphic designer for the logo and site style.


Get this guy: http://raihn.wordpress.com/

He's done some really great work!


T_T
I hate when this happens
When people suggest artists suddenly become designers
The skillsets and challenges at hand are two different worlds ;_;
Liquipedia@jkursk
OmniSc2
Profile Joined May 2011
2 Posts
April 18 2012 12:49 GMT
#27
Damn, if only this were 1 year from now and I had my CompSci degree already lol.

Here's to hoping that esports jobs for programmers don't go anywhere in the next few years!
TheLastTemplar
Profile Joined February 2012
Iceland593 Posts
April 18 2012 14:50 GMT
#28
I'm getting ready to graduate school in may and want a freaking esports/sc2 related job sooooo baddd, but this is not one I can handle I have no programming skills! goodluck!
ladadidadi
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
April 18 2012 14:59 GMT
#29
Hmm, this seems interesting! Would be nice to hack some Starcraft. As it is ok to work from remote, I may actually apply to this.
peacenl
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
550 Posts
April 18 2012 15:00 GMT
#30
On April 18 2012 23:50 TheLastTemplar wrote:
I'm getting ready to graduate school in may and want a freaking esports/sc2 related job sooooo baddd, but this is not one I can handle I have no programming skills! goodluck!

Become an entrepeneur? I mean it's not for everyone, but nowadays you can outsource almost anything besides of course your main business activity
- One does not simply walk into a bar and start calling the shots.
- Failure doesn't mean you are a failure it just means you haven't succeeded yet.
YouthSC
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom355 Posts
April 18 2012 15:04 GMT
#31
On April 18 2012 11:46 Imbu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 10:55 johnnywup wrote:
i think "hack starcraft" is a bad title for this.

It's actually more of the term that a lot of modern programmers use. Hackers by definition are what most people would call programmers, hackers are not people that try to break into computer systems to steal info, those are "breakers", As such, the people that would be serious applicants for this type of job would know what "Hack" means in this case.


Actually, those you call "breakers" are called "crackers"
The more I practice, the luckier I get!
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 18 2012 15:13 GMT
#32
This looks like a pretty cool gig. I'm still in school but will point a couple of my software engineer friends towards this.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
dsjoerg
Profile Joined January 2012
United States384 Posts
April 18 2012 16:56 GMT
#33
Thanks everyone for the good wishes!

Tarrius, our requirements are spelled out in the "Skills & Requirements" section I'll add that education is good, but the more critical thing is a track record of completing large projects independently that have been used and enjoyed by real live users.

Get.Midikem, we're in python, ruby and Javascript currently, although I'm open to shifting from RoR to Java/Play.

The plan is to hire someone for a full-time position, although in exceptional cases I'd consider something like half-time.


Regarding "Hack Starcraft"… while you won't be hacking on the Starcraft application itself, you'll be getting very deep into the nitty-gritty of how Starcraft really works.

Thanks guys, good questions and I appreciate all the interest!
card-carrying grubby fan. developer of GGTracker.
Chop-Chopin
Profile Joined December 2010
Ukraine12 Posts
April 18 2012 18:46 GMT
#34
Is this a properly salaried or for-equity position?
RusHXceL
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1004 Posts
April 18 2012 19:13 GMT
#35
Do I get pay?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
April 18 2012 19:19 GMT
#36
Yeah, like would someone get payed for doing this full-time?? Otherwise, there won't be many, if any, people qualified that can't get a well paying job elsewhere and would honestly be into doing this.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
IMBACoaching
Profile Joined October 2010
United States86 Posts
April 18 2012 19:28 GMT
#37
I use this all the time. I love it! I highly recomend it to people trying to get better!
Savior of eSports
dsjoerg
Profile Joined January 2012
United States384 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 22:58:01
April 18 2012 19:35 GMT
#38
Yep, this is a full-time paid position

EDIT: full-time!
card-carrying grubby fan. developer of GGTracker.
dsjoerg
Profile Joined January 2012
United States384 Posts
April 18 2012 21:15 GMT
#39
There's been a little downtime today, apologies. Fixed the issue and all systems are go.
card-carrying grubby fan. developer of GGTracker.
Mirosuu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
England283 Posts
April 18 2012 21:29 GMT
#40
Would there be any market to have people who are only really fluent in Java apply? I graduate in 2 months, and would like to know if this is a full-time 5 days a week job or is it something you can during the weekend or evenings?
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O155
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1074
ZZZero.O 155
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift5296
JimRising 693
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5573
Other Games
summit1g8793
FrodaN2999
KnowMe206
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1017
• Shiphtur184
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6m
CranKy Ducklings1
Afreeca Starleague
11h 6m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 6m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 6m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.