• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:10
CEST 15:10
KST 22:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)42Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8219 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 73

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 1885 Next
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-16 20:24:14
June 16 2015 20:21 GMT
#1441
MB i just simply fail to see where your blind optimism comes from.

There's simply no way that a development studio makes content for 2 and a half games in the same time they normally spend on 1 game, and don't sacrifice something for it. Either they're flat-out lying when they said that each "path" will be a complete game on its own, or the quality of the product as a whole is going to suffer.

Obviously it's too early to call the game doomed outright, but there's very little evidence suggesting the game will be any good, and a lot more evidence suggesting the contrary.
Moderator
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 16 2015 20:24 GMT
#1442
On June 17 2015 05:05 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 04:59 Alaric wrote:
Imagine if you were Mafia, Mordek. Most of the brainwracking and constant second-guessing/extrapolation I did was because I felt tense whenever I didn't feel like we were in a comfortable position (which is always, because nothing is comfortable till you're uber-dominant for me :<), don't think I'd have had that had I been townie.

Also I have work and boss is checking on my productivity so can't afford to have 100 posts to catch up to every morning.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I remember ketchup and you actually pointing out that I played not to die instead of playing to make Mafia win with my posts LT.


ketchup and LT were my only friends that game

but for all the work you put in, you played very well


I'M SORRY I TRIED AND FAILED.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
June 16 2015 20:28 GMT
#1443
On June 17 2015 05:18 Sufficiency wrote:
I bet the new FE will have nothing new. I think they spent too much effort on monetization (pokemon?) And probably too little on innovations.

The new weapon system is definitely noteworthy and a big change.

On June 17 2015 05:21 TheYango wrote:
MB i just simply fail to see where your blind optimism comes from.

You are asking someone with a Lulu icon about whimsical blind optimism?
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 16 2015 20:45 GMT
#1444
On June 17 2015 05:24 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 05:05 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On June 17 2015 04:59 Alaric wrote:
Imagine if you were Mafia, Mordek. Most of the brainwracking and constant second-guessing/extrapolation I did was because I felt tense whenever I didn't feel like we were in a comfortable position (which is always, because nothing is comfortable till you're uber-dominant for me :<), don't think I'd have had that had I been townie.

Also I have work and boss is checking on my productivity so can't afford to have 100 posts to catch up to every morning.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I remember ketchup and you actually pointing out that I played not to die instead of playing to make Mafia win with my posts LT.


ketchup and LT were my only friends that game

but for all the work you put in, you played very well


I'M SORRY I TRIED AND FAILED.


your efforts were as strong as your boss battles

<3
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
June 16 2015 20:52 GMT
#1445
Surprised you guys can still get hyped at reveals. Gaming industry has burnt me too many times to care until I have my hands on a finished product.
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
June 16 2015 20:54 GMT
#1446
On June 17 2015 05:52 Numy wrote:
Surprised you guys can still get hyped at reveals. Gaming industry has burnt me too many times to care until I have my hands on a finished product.


It's easier when you become jaded enough to just outright mock and poke fun at the entire thing. I don't so much get hyped so much as I watch to laugh at the absurdity.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-16 20:55:34
June 16 2015 20:54 GMT
#1447
On June 17 2015 05:52 Numy wrote:
Surprised you guys can still get hyped at reveals. Gaming industry has burnt me too many times to care until I have my hands on a finished product.

What games specifically have burned you? I can't think of anything that I've been super burned on. Disappointed by a few things for sure, but often I hear about them being disappointing beforehand and don't end up buying the game.

Edit: I was joking about this thread being a cynical bunch but my god reading all your impressions of E3 has been depressing.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-16 21:04:54
June 16 2015 21:03 GMT
#1448
On June 17 2015 05:54 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 05:52 Numy wrote:
Surprised you guys can still get hyped at reveals. Gaming industry has burnt me too many times to care until I have my hands on a finished product.

What games specifically have burned you? I can't think of anything that I've been super burned on. Disappointed by a few things for sure, but often I hear about them being disappointing beforehand and don't end up buying the game.

Edit: I was joking about this thread being a cynical bunch but my god reading all your impressions of E3 has been depressing.


Just over recent years basically anything made by Blizzard. So Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2. Then there was Watch Dogs,Kingdoms of Amalur and Assassins Creed are ones that spring to mind. A lot of games I didn't land up buying but I still consider that to be "burnt" after all the hype.

My rule of thumb these days is that anything a dev/publisher says is horseshit until I have my hands on the game and see it for myself. People just lie through their teeth to sell products and yet the consumers still trust them.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-16 21:07:32
June 16 2015 21:06 GMT
#1449
My biggest disappointments in the past couple of years were D3 and Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

D3's connectivity issues at launch didn't bother me, but the horrible, unavoidable story and the AH destroyed the game for me. There just wasn't any point at which actually playing the game was more efficient than spending gold or money on the AH. I hear Adventure Mode helps, but I'm not buying the expansion for $40.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star was a disappointment because it was barely an RPG. Imagine an RPG where you have no levels or stats, just inventory. Now imagine you have very limited inventory space. Fighting on your way to the boss was actually bad, because it meant you had less inventory with which to fight the boss. Like Super Paper Mario the story had all the charm of its predecessors, but it wasn't enough to make up for fundamentally uninspiring (if not terrible) gameplay.


Edit: I actually liked SC2: WoL, but then I primarily played the story so I didn't really care or notice that competitively it had serious issues (e.g. Deathball).
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
June 16 2015 21:07 GMT
#1450
On June 17 2015 06:03 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 05:54 onlywonderboy wrote:
On June 17 2015 05:52 Numy wrote:
Surprised you guys can still get hyped at reveals. Gaming industry has burnt me too many times to care until I have my hands on a finished product.

What games specifically have burned you? I can't think of anything that I've been super burned on. Disappointed by a few things for sure, but often I hear about them being disappointing beforehand and don't end up buying the game.

Edit: I was joking about this thread being a cynical bunch but my god reading all your impressions of E3 has been depressing.


Just over recent years basically anything made by Blizzard. So Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2. Then there was Watch Dogs,Kingdoms of Amalur and Assassins Creed are ones that spring to mind. A lot of games I didn't land up buying but I still consider that to be "burnt" after all the hype.

My rule of thumb these days is that anything a dev/publisher says is horseshit until I have my hands on the game and see it for myself. People just lie through their teeth to sell products and yet the consumers still trust them.


I blame Peter Molyneux. He's the figure I remember most who started this whole "we can do all of these things and it'll be amazing" hype train stuff. Regardless of what he promised and failed to deliver people still believed in him for so very long, now all the rest of the big boys do it almost every game.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
June 16 2015 21:07 GMT
#1451
none of you were that bad to be honest. the issue is that you were all new, and were not being coached like other TL mafia newbies.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 16 2015 21:08 GMT
#1452
On June 17 2015 06:07 Lord Tolkien wrote:
none of you were that bad to be honest. the issue is that you were all new, and were not being coached like other TL mafia newbies.


Also D1 was just a general shit show lol. But I really did enjoy that game.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 16 2015 21:10 GMT
#1453
Meh, maybe I give them too much leeway, but I wasn't disappointed in D3 (though I didn't play D2) or SC2. No, SC2 was no BW, in either story or multiplayer. But I have both limited editions for SC2 and I don't regret a dime I spent. I had my fun and I love the universe.
It's your boy Guzma!
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
June 16 2015 21:11 GMT
#1454
I actually kind of enjoyed Super Paper Mario; it was a bit bland but I guess I let the Paper Mario charm carry me through it's relatively brief run. Personally I haven't been burnt out on games because I basically don't play many games anymore; only recently have I started to expand back out of purely LoL. I guess if I had to be disappointed in something I'm a bit disappointed in how WoD turned out in the end; the story, leveling experiences and raiding was great but I'm not really the kind of person to seriously commit to raiding so there wasn't really anything for me compared to the previous expansion. I think it was mainly how much of a piece of shit Ashran was; I could fill the void when I got tired of heroic runs with something like Wintergrasp but instead we got this worthless piece of trash battleground where everyone just ignored the PvP to maximize points.

The last game I was genuinely disappointed in was brink; brink burnt me so hard I was basically put off of getting hyped for a long time but yeah that's a while ago so I guess I might as well get hype again.
Glorious SEA doto
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 16 2015 21:16 GMT
#1455
On June 17 2015 06:11 Fusilero wrote:
I actually kind of enjoyed Super Paper Mario; it was a bit bland but I guess I let the Paper Mario charm carry me through it's relatively brief run. Personally I haven't been burnt out on games because I basically don't play many games anymore; only recently have I started to expand back out of purely LoL. I guess if I had to be disappointed in something I'm a bit disappointed in how WoD turned out in the end; the story, leveling experiences and raiding was great but I'm not really the kind of person to seriously commit to raiding so there wasn't really anything for me compared to the previous expansion. I think it was mainly how much of a piece of shit Ashran was; I could fill the void when I got tired of heroic runs with something like Wintergrasp but instead we got this worthless piece of trash battleground where everyone just ignored the PvP to maximize points.

The last game I was genuinely disappointed in was brink; brink burnt me so hard I was basically put off of getting hyped for a long time but yeah that's a while ago so I guess I might as well get hype again.

I skipped most of Mists of Pandaria, and when I started I felt like there was basically nothing to do at max level. Timeless Isle was so boring for me, it was literally Epics for the simplest "dailies" ever. I walked on to the Isle as soon as I dinged and walked out with like 3-5 purples. Sure, I know about iLevel and that welfare epics aren't really epics, but it felt so cheap and boring. WoD would be more fun if the Garrison wasn't a freaking bore. I like the Stable quests, I like the idea of some of the other buildings, but I voice the same opinion as most people: it's so insular and there's no sense of community. I sit along in my Garrison and flip through menus until I log off or go do a dungeon or something. Bleh. But, the overworld is great. Treasures to find, little bits of story to pick up, etc. They should have spent more time adding to that than Follower missions.
It's your boy Guzma!
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 16 2015 21:16 GMT
#1456
Only game I'm looking forward to hyping beyond reasonable proportions is Half Life 3.
liftlift > tsm
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
June 16 2015 21:21 GMT
#1457
On June 17 2015 06:08 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 06:07 Lord Tolkien wrote:
none of you were that bad to be honest. the issue is that you were all new, and were not being coached like other TL mafia newbies.


Also D1 was just a general shit show lol. But I really did enjoy that game.

I recall most of N1 for me was arguing with/attempting to coach Req about why X wasn't actually a scumtell. It was not a wholly productive venture, and understandably so: it's very difficult for players in the game to coach each other, because reasons. Better for a third party to do it (which could've circumvented that whole spat and probably made the experience more enjoyable for Req and others).
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Eppa!
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden4641 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-16 21:37:33
June 16 2015 21:33 GMT
#1458
I liked WoD, leveling was the most fun it has ever been. PvP (except for ashran) was great even except for that we where playing RLS and none have time play together since 2/3 where not in school anymore. I played it for 2 months and was not really disappointed. Hard mode dungeons where a great thing for some fun.

I can't say I have been particularly disappointed in a game I bought except maybe killzone 2 because of console FPS. Hated AssCreed when I played the first one so I never got disappointed in sequels. D3 was fun for like 80 hours when it was released then fun for another 40 when they fixed it which is pretty damn good for a game. I still hate fallout 3 and later because they suck but meh.
"Can't wait till Monday" Cixah+Waveofshadow. "Needs to be monday. Weekend please go by quickly." Gahlo
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-16 21:38:28
June 16 2015 21:35 GMT
#1459
D3 AH and online experience weren't the worst parts for me. The difference between the first 2 acts and the last acts were just so huge that it was obvious they rushed through it. Having 10 years to make a game and still putting together content last minute is as fucking travesty. Don't even get me started on the god awful storytelling in the last 2 acts. It's an ARPG so storytelling isn't something that should be even on the radar but when you do it that badly it detracts from my experience.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-16 21:39:26
June 16 2015 21:38 GMT
#1460
AH itself wasn't fundamentally the problem, it's that the entire game experience had to be balanced with the AH in mind, resulting in inevitably un-fun AH-focused endgame play patterns, revolving around flipping items and exploiting farmable easy drops in the latter half of Inferno.

The AH was massively out-of-balance by the time Blizzard fixed all the exploits and balanced Wizard and DH.
Moderator
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 489
SteadfastSC173
TaKeTV 145
ComeBackTV 120
LamboSC288
Rex52
EnkiAlexander 7
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy12
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech178
SteadfastSC 173
LamboSC2 88
Rex 52
BRAT_OK 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36099
Shuttle 3081
Horang2 958
Bisu 917
Jaedong 717
Mini 594
EffOrt 526
Light 443
BeSt 353
firebathero 342
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 314
Soma 312
Stork 264
ggaemo 185
Zeus 172
Snow 159
Last 154
Rush 143
ZerO 140
Pusan 90
Leta 81
hero 66
Killer 57
sorry 51
Sea.KH 50
Sharp 49
Mong 42
Mind 39
Sexy 30
Shinee 28
Shine 26
Aegong 26
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 23
Trap 23
Terrorterran 22
soO 19
NotJumperer 16
Yoon 15
Free 14
PianO 12
HiyA 9
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 8
Icarus 7
zelot 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5281
qojqva1625
Dendi1003
420jenkins85
Fuzer 55
League of Legends
Reynor108
Counter-Strike
x6flipin501
markeloff127
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2011
crisheroes975
XaKoH 169
Other Games
gofns38745
singsing2193
olofmeister1477
B2W.Neo920
Mlord243
DeMusliM195
Livibee178
Mew2King115
Liquid`VortiX111
Hui .95
QueenE89
ArmadaUGS77
Chillindude18
Railgan12
ZerO(Twitch)11
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1828
League of Legends
• Jankos2192
• TFBlade773
• Nemesis762
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 50m
Stellar Fest
23h 50m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.