• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:29
CEST 06:29
KST 13:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9126 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1797

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1885 Next
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
November 20 2017 03:32 GMT
#35921
Baelsar's War is a hellish dungeon in FF14....First one I've failed since restarting the game....
Steam: rook492
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 20 2017 14:29 GMT
#35922
I understand the downtime struggle. I too need to do a better job of getting to bed, getting less than 8 hours is just no bueno in all areas.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
November 20 2017 17:50 GMT
#35923
On November 20 2017 12:32 Crusnik wrote:
Baelsar's War is a hellish dungeon in FF14....First one I've failed since restarting the game....


I must have had some help on that one because I don't remember it being that bad.

Get hype though because Stormblood is awesome.

Also, @ketara, I started some of the Darkest Dungeon DLC, but didn't go back to it. I went into the "new stuff" too early and got wrecked by some nasty crocodile jerk with a billion health. I need to go back again because I never played with Antiquarian and that game is some good shit.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 20 2017 21:15 GMT
#35924
On November 20 2017 23:29 mordek wrote:
I understand the downtime struggle. I too need to do a better job of getting to bed, getting less than 8 hours is just no bueno in all areas.


My wife hates me because I operate on 6-7 hours of sleep, while 8 hours isn't sufficient for her. That said, I literally can't sleep more than 8 hours unless I'm sick or insanely sleep deprived, so if I need to catch up on sleep my only option is an afternoon nap.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 20 2017 21:41 GMT
#35925
The college days of 6 hours are over. Takes a toll on the body too.

Some nights I fall asleep after reading my daughter a book around 8:30 lol
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 20 2017 22:00 GMT
#35926
My college days and the 5 years after were 4-5 hours of sleep a night, with a little more on the weekends. 6-7 are my old man hours.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
November 20 2017 22:16 GMT
#35927
On November 21 2017 02:50 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2017 12:32 Crusnik wrote:
Baelsar's War is a hellish dungeon in FF14....First one I've failed since restarting the game....


I must have had some help on that one because I don't remember it being that bad.

Get hype though because Stormblood is awesome.

Also, @ketara, I started some of the Darkest Dungeon DLC, but didn't go back to it. I went into the "new stuff" too early and got wrecked by some nasty crocodile jerk with a billion health. I need to go back again because I never played with Antiquarian and that game is some good shit.


I bought the DLCs and installed a couple small mods and am playing on stygian mode and I'm having a blast.

Game is still amazing.

Also yeah don't go to the crimson court when the town suggests it. Shits a trap.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
November 20 2017 22:24 GMT
#35928
I can do 6 hours if I'm active. Not with my current lazy pos lifestyle.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 20 2017 22:34 GMT
#35929
I still sleep like 4 hours now. I feel dead inside and will die young though.
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
November 20 2017 23:02 GMT
#35930
I'm so envious of people that can deal with 4-6h of sleep routinely. I'm addicted to dreaming, so I try to stretch my sleep cycle as long as possible, but have to trade in a productive lifestyle, which is not something I'm aiming for actually.
It's a mess trying to get back on track..
Taxes are for Terrans
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
November 20 2017 23:11 GMT
#35931
I've noticed that my body wants to sleep ~8 hours now. I know until at least 6 months ago I could get by on 6 hours for at least most of the week before it really started to make itself felt.
These transition periods are worse than the change when it comes to noticing your body aging.

That or as Gahlo says being unemployed and largely inactive is training my body to not want to jump out of the bed on a whim.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
November 20 2017 23:12 GMT
#35932
How much you sleep depends mostly on your diet and your daily life in my experience. There is no "no need for sleep" gene xd.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
November 20 2017 23:13 GMT
#35933
Yeah there is. That's not to say lifestyle can't help, but sleep patterns are definitely genetic.

That's what the nobel prize was about this year, some nerds figured out how sleep works.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
November 20 2017 23:25 GMT
#35934
On November 21 2017 08:13 Ketara wrote:
Yeah there is. That's not to say lifestyle can't help, but sleep patterns are definitely genetic.

That's what the nobel prize was about this year, some nerds figured out how sleep works.


I haven't read that, but I know in the past they had done studies on people that adapt extremely well to graveyard shifts and the like(when normally it has devastating physical and psychological effects). "Night owls" are a very real thing and their circadian rhythm doesn't work like a normal human being. I've long thought that describes me(whenever I have a gap of time that I don't strictly stick to a sleep schedule I rapidly shift into something akin to a vampire, and no it's not all because of computer screen blue light), but I've never gone to do a sleep study or anything. I don't 'struggle' to do the normal person sleep schedule but it certainly doesn't feel natural; I never do that thing where I start waking up without my alarm or 'can't sleep in, my body just wakes me up' or any of that shit.

I have thought many times about how that may have impacted my life at various points(waking up at 5am for all of high school to make morning workouts was absolutely brutal on me, and sometimes my college schedule would force me into the morning training group there as well, just as brutal).
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
November 20 2017 23:33 GMT
#35935
On November 21 2017 08:13 Ketara wrote:
Yeah there is. That's not to say lifestyle can't help, but sleep patterns are definitely genetic.

That's what the nobel prize was about this year, some nerds figured out how sleep works.


What? I want to read them papers. :O
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-20 23:34:18
November 20 2017 23:33 GMT
#35936
Night time is just so fucking quiet and relaxing, that's why I became a night owl. That and my chronic need for entertainment to drown out a day full of mediocrity.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
November 20 2017 23:39 GMT
#35937
On November 21 2017 07:34 Holyflare wrote:
I still sleep like 4 hours now. I feel dead inside and will die young though.

4 hours a night is intense. I'm sure you've acclimated by now but that can't possibly be healthy...
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 20 2017 23:59 GMT
#35938
I really like sleeping too
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
November 21 2017 00:26 GMT
#35939
There's also a phenomenon where people have longer than 24h circadian rhythms so they just shift by a couple of hours every time and for them it's fucking hell to adapt to anything society tells them to conform to.
My ideal cycle is go to sleep around 5 am, get up at 11-12 am, but if I don't have anything to do, I can easily stretch that till 2 pm.
But I desperately want to become more productive and this also, sadly, means I need some ties to an awake society, but the process of doing it is so so difficult. I can do it for stretches of a week max, but I inevitably get back to the 5 am cycle.. sigh. Fucking circadian rhythms.
Taxes are for Terrans
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
November 21 2017 00:55 GMT
#35940
i haven't been able to function on <10 hours since high school
Prev 1 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 65
Nina 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2373
Shinee 57
NotJumperer 15
Noble 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1440
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 673
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft525
Other Games
summit1g7167
Coldzera 754
C9.Mang0357
PiGStarcraft259
ArmadaUGS34
RuFF_SC220
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick918
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream394
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota272
League of Legends
• Lourlo1307
• Rush1001
• Stunt265
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 31m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 31m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.