• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:33
CEST 05:33
KST 12:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7901 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1796

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1885 Next
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 18 2017 01:21 GMT
#35901
On November 18 2017 00:43 yamato77 wrote:
The amount of money I've spent on DotA is surely in the thousands.

I am part of the problem I'm sure

I mean, you don't go to TI without already buying into the fact that you're going to spend a ton of money.
Moderator
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-18 09:33:33
November 18 2017 09:29 GMT
#35902
On November 18 2017 09:25 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2017 08:04 phyvo wrote:
How did the Modern format ruin the market? Wasn't there always a legacy format at least?

Yeah, but Legacy has been so bonkers for forever that a lot of the hot Standard cards would drop in price when they rotated out. Now it just rolls into Modern and is a lot likely to drop.

I don't really understand. Do you mean if it was just legacy/vintage + standard then noone would be able to play eternal formats anyway so standard would be sole format people played making prices higher?

Standard cards generally have no value outside of standard. Modern and EDH are pretty much only long lasting formats that people can afford to play which does mean some cards get prices driven up. Ultimately the market is ruined more by Wotc refusal to really tank the market prices to a level people can afford to play older formats. Nothing else is to blame I'd say. You could argue that pressure from speculators causes wotc to not want to do this but I have my doubts. There's no real reason for master sets to be more expensive than normal other than greed.

Maybe there are just more people out there that prefer cards to hold some kind of value over play-ability of the formats. That's fine I guess, just differing viewpoints on the game.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
November 18 2017 11:03 GMT
#35903
WotC doesn't set secondary market prices.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-18 11:08:04
November 18 2017 11:04 GMT
#35904
On November 18 2017 18:29 Numy wrote:
Maybe there are just more people out there that prefer cards to hold some kind of value over play-ability of the formats. That's fine I guess, just differing viewpoints on the game.

It's not really black and white like that. It's more that people who play one format don't really give a shit about the playability of any of the others, and there's not a huge amount of overlap because the player with enough $$$ to play 3-4 different formats isn't that common. So the Standard player only gives a shit about Standard being affordable and benefits from Modern staples sucking up some of the EV of a box, making his Standard staples cheaper.

At the end of the day, the price of a box of the newest set has a fixed value at MSRP, and the relative value of each card multiplied by the probability of one being in a box adds up to that number. One card being worth more depresses the value of everything else, and any given player is only interested in a particular subset of the cards, and would prefer everything else be expensive so his subset is cheaper.
Moderator
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-18 11:13:32
November 18 2017 11:13 GMT
#35905
i'm totally okay looking at how much money i've spent per hour of gameplay for league. sure i've spent relatively more money than any buy-once-and-play kind of game but i also have many of those that i've only ever played for <10 hours and spent probably hundreds on in my steam library.

in dollars per hour spent league is one of the cheapest things i've ever done with my time.
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
November 18 2017 16:53 GMT
#35906
On November 18 2017 09:39 Ketara wrote:
Man I don't even remember my league info.

Do you euros still use my account?

Not in a few years I don't think. Might have the login info saved somewhere if you need it?
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
November 18 2017 23:01 GMT
#35907
I'm sure I have it saved somewhere too. I'll find it.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 19 2017 00:53 GMT
#35908
Working 6 days a week until April. Only been doing it 2 weeks so far and I'm utterly exhausted. I'm worried I'm going to burn out.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
November 19 2017 01:26 GMT
#35909
I just found out there's a Darkest Dungeon DLC?

Is it good? Is it awesome?
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
November 19 2017 01:36 GMT
#35910
splatoon is my favorite shooting game wow. all the game mechanics come together really well and motion controls do a lot to make up for the lack of mouse aiming.
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
November 19 2017 02:45 GMT
#35911
On November 19 2017 09:53 WaveofShadow wrote:
Working 6 days a week until April. Only been doing it 2 weeks so far and I'm utterly exhausted. I'm worried I'm going to burn out.


From 0 days to 6 days a week is a pretty huge shift if that's what you're doing.

I don't even go 6 days a week most weeks(granted I don't count morning cardio days when I do them so that skews things, it's a peaceful 30 minutes).
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
November 19 2017 06:15 GMT
#35912
On November 19 2017 11:45 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2017 09:53 WaveofShadow wrote:
Working 6 days a week until April. Only been doing it 2 weeks so far and I'm utterly exhausted. I'm worried I'm going to burn out.


From 0 days to 6 days a week is a pretty huge shift if that's what you're doing.

I don't even go 6 days a week most weeks(granted I don't count morning cardio days when I do them so that skews things, it's a peaceful 30 minutes).

Not everyone can be a professional athlete
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
November 19 2017 11:46 GMT
#35913
p sure wave wouldn't count 30 min work days either fam
A backwards poet writes inverse.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 19 2017 13:33 GMT
#35914
Working. Not working out.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-19 14:59:39
November 19 2017 14:57 GMT
#35915
On November 19 2017 10:26 Ketara wrote:
I just found out there's a Darkest Dungeon DLC?

Is it good? Is it awesome?


It's pretty meh from having watched 20 hours or so of it being streamed.

1. New dungeons are hopelessly long slogs.
2. Introduces a disease that if not treated with blood will eventually kill your dudes. You also lose control of them.
3. Introduces a new flagellant class. They look OP as heck as secondary healers, but most of their stuff is contingent on being below half health.
4. The buildings are a fun looking addition, but you have to grind a ton of gold to build them.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
November 19 2017 15:01 GMT
#35916
Yea, the pitch black mod seems better than the crimson court DLC tbh
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
November 19 2017 18:05 GMT
#35917
On November 19 2017 22:33 WaveofShadow wrote:
Working. Not working out.


Oh woops guess my brain added it in there as I read the rest of your post. Is the move to 6 days a long term thing or just something you gotta get through for a bit?
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
November 19 2017 18:20 GMT
#35918
I think 6 days of working is more strenuous and worse than 6 days of working out though? So your concern is even more warranted!
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 19 2017 20:37 GMT
#35919
On November 20 2017 03:05 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2017 22:33 WaveofShadow wrote:
Working. Not working out.


Oh woops guess my brain added it in there as I read the rest of your post. Is the move to 6 days a long term thing or just something you gotta get through for a bit?

It's until my boss's maternity leave ends (or essentially when she wants to come back). I imagine sometime in April but she's kind of a control freak so who knows. She's nuts, she owns two offices, and commutes 1.5 hours to the one I work at. When she opened two years ago she brought her infant daughter to work and the optician and nanny would take turns taking care of her in between patients.

In any case I'll get through it without too much issue, and the extra money will be pretty nice, but I'm just really not a fan of being a 'one-day-a-week-father.' especially when that one day a week means I already have to cram everything into it that I can't do the rest of the week.

I'm just venting really, it's not awful, I'm still barely working over 40h and I still have evenings for minimal downtime, it's just I'm stupid and don't go to bed as early as I should because if I did I'd have almost no downtime at all,which I feel is likely the case for many people and/or fathers in my position.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
November 19 2017 23:12 GMT
#35920
I don't know how somebody is a parent and also puts in a full time job.

I could never.


Also I bought these DLCs and am darkest dungeoning. I should stream it lololol
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Prev 1 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft392
RuFF_SC2 180
Nina 94
-ZergGirl 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2255
Bale 20
yabsab 16
Terrorterran 12
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1166
taco 341
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox697
Other Games
summit1g7538
JimRising 710
Day[9].tv505
C9.Mang0330
WinterStarcraft327
ViBE156
Maynarde145
Livibee144
Sick134
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick965
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream161
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv505
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 28m
Stellar Fest
9h 28m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.