• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:51
CEST 14:51
KST 21:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8041 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1795

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1885 Next
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-17 15:43:36
November 17 2017 15:41 GMT
#35881
Lol I don't even want to know how much I've paid Blizz over the years. Not only the games, but nearly a decade of WoW (plus the occasional realm change, faction switch, and pet), crates in OW/HS, sometimes bundles in HotS...

Well, their product is consistently good and I've been playing their games since the 90s so I guess it's fine.

Edit: thanks for the link, now I know just how badly my Riot addiction was over the years...
It's your boy Guzma!
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
November 17 2017 15:43 GMT
#35882
The amount of money I've spent on DotA is surely in the thousands.

I am part of the problem I'm sure
Writer@WriterYamato
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-17 15:44:19
November 17 2017 15:44 GMT
#35883
It says I spent 10 euros. Wasn't me though, my team paid for namechange, I spent 0 xD
best fun/money game of all time
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-17 15:45:49
November 17 2017 15:44 GMT
#35884
On November 18 2017 00:27 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2017 00:07 Numy wrote:
My issue with HS type content is that the money you put in is so incredibly ineffective as getting quality experience out of. Buying 40 packs then opening garbage that you just can't use feels like a massive waste of money. That's partly why I'm more open to spend money in league/mtg. I can buy specifically what I want. I only spent money on adventures in HS for that very reason. If I was still playing I wouldn't mind $40 big adventures honestly. Most expansions have 50-70% filler cards so if you just cut those and make an adventure with the actual good cards it's pretty sweet.

Isn't mtg still random booster packs or are you talking about secondary market? I'm not familiar with that business model.

Also added up just Riot Point purchases that are in my inbox, about $335. Then again I did play pretty regularly for like 5+ years so I guess that's not too bad?

Secondary market. I'd prefer if MTG went with a model that didn't involve booster packs but I get that's how they operate and people love their format they made for it so it's just never going to be a game I can realistically get into fully. Can't justify myself spending money on boosters and can't justify how insane prices are for individual cards. I have cards online and I'm firmly in the "reprint everything until my collection is worthless so I can play the game". It'll always be a game for me and have nothing to do with investing money. Unfortunately too many people see it the opposite way, that's their right but it makes me a little sad.

Riot Points do add up. I've only spent 75 euros. Maybe it's a bit easier for me not to spend since I have to convert all the purchases by multiplying by 10-20 depending on currency lol. Actually still have 999 riot points chilling in my inventory waiting for a skin I really want.

edit:Honestly I'd still be playing HS if every expansion was 40-60 dollars for complete set. I don't really see issue with that either. They'll make lots of profit. It's just due to whales and addiction they make more money abusing people. Sigh. I kind of hate whales, no offence to any of you out there.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-17 15:50:16
November 17 2017 15:49 GMT
#35885
On November 18 2017 00:41 Requizen wrote:
Lol I don't even want to know how much I've paid Blizz over the years. Not only the games, but nearly a decade of WoW (plus the occasional realm change, faction switch, and pet), crates in OW/HS, sometimes bundles in HotS...

Well, their product is consistently good and I've been playing their games since the 90s so I guess it's fine.

Edit: thanks for the link, now I know just how badly my Riot addiction was over the years...


At this point I think I've made back in Blizzardbux as much as I've spent, except for maybe what I've spent on WoW subscriptions.

SEE: I'm only a Hearthstone whale because I'm not spending real money.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
November 17 2017 16:07 GMT
#35886
On November 18 2017 00:39 Seuss wrote:

Show nested quote +
On November 18 2017 00:15 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On November 18 2017 00:07 Numy wrote:
My issue with HS type content is that the money you put in is so incredibly ineffective as getting quality experience out of. Buying 40 packs then opening garbage that you just can't use feels like a massive waste of money. THat's partly why I'm more open to spend money in league/mtg. I can buy specifically what I want.


Oh absolutely. But idk man, just opening 50 packs feels so good, even if I don't get a lot (but with that many, you're guaranteed at least something good).


Hearthstone has two fundamental problems at the moment. First, if you're a new or long-absent player getting into the game is a pretty tough climb unless you drop money. Second, now that so many deck archetypes are heavily reliant on very specific and often expensive legendaries and epics, it's incredibly difficult to determine if a given deck archetype is something you'll enjoy or not before you commit your dust.

Those aren't the only issues, but most of Hearthstone's other problems are either exacerbated by them, or directly caused by them.


No argument here.

I've been playing a tempo/freeze elemental Shaman with Moorabi recently and it's really hilariously fun. I've got ~60% win rate right now (below rank 10, so...) over like 30-40 games. I'll post the deck link at some point.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
November 17 2017 16:11 GMT
#35887
On November 18 2017 00:41 Requizen wrote:
Lol I don't even want to know how much I've paid Blizz over the years. Not only the games, but nearly a decade of WoW (plus the occasional realm change, faction switch, and pet), crates in OW/HS, sometimes bundles in HotS...

Well, their product is consistently good and I've been playing their games since the 90s so I guess it's fine.

Edit: thanks for the link, now I know just how badly my Riot addiction was over the years...


Yeah... I thought I'd spent a lot of money on LoL... and I was right.

Hot damn.

Good thing I still play I guess?
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-17 16:13:06
November 17 2017 16:12 GMT
#35888
I spent $25 on League and I think I gifted my brother that amount. I'm a tad of a f2p fanatic. I spent $2 on HS for a golden legendary you never use :D I did have to dust some goldens this morning because I can't go on trying to make rogue work without vilespines. I kept all the neat/useful ones of course
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-17 17:43:16
November 17 2017 17:40 GMT
#35889
Spent £300 on league... Somehow? What?? What have I even bought?

Oh I did region change a bunch of times and someone bought me rp but still. Wtf.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
November 17 2017 17:52 GMT
#35890
I know I emptied the several dozens € I still had in my phone (from prepaid cards, I bought like one a year and didn't even use all its credit so the next one made it carried over) when I switched operators, since that was the only way I found to unload it at the time, and I probably paid 20-30€ twice or thrice figuring "I spent over 50h on that game, may as well give them money."
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 17 2017 18:14 GMT
#35891
Oh I did buy the deluxe edition of overwatch or w/e it was called for the additional $20 because I thought they deserved it.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
November 17 2017 18:14 GMT
#35892
+ Show Spoiler [Moorabi Deck] +
### Mooooooorabi
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 1x (2) Brrrloc
# 1x (2) Cryostasis
# 1x (2) Devolve
# 1x (2) Jade Claws
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (3) Hot Spring Guardian
# 1x (3) Ice Breaker
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 1x (4) Hex
# 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
# 2x (5) Voodoo Hexxer
# 2x (6) Fire Elemental
# 1x (6) Frost Elemental
# 1x (6) Moorabi
# 1x (6) Thing from Below
# 2x (7) Blazecaller
# 1x (8) Kalimos, Primal Lord
#
AAECAaoICoAE/gX7qgLRvAL2vQLzwgK0zQK2zQK4zgLA0AIKvQGBBPUEoLYCl8EC68ICwsMCh8QCyMcCis4CAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 17 2017 18:22 GMT
#35893
I love Moorabi in concept and have my own variation, but in practice there really need to be a few more cards that key off of freezes for a Moorabi deck to be competitive. Having just Moorabi and Ice Breaker is too little for the synergy to really function.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 17 2017 19:36 GMT
#35894
On November 18 2017 00:27 Requizen wrote:
Isn't mtg still random booster packs or are you talking about secondary market? I'm not familiar with that business model.

MtG also has limited. Even if you drop $100 for a box and open total garbage, you got 12 drafts or 6 sealeds out of the deal.
Moderator
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 17 2017 19:49 GMT
#35895
On November 18 2017 04:36 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2017 00:27 Requizen wrote:
Isn't mtg still random booster packs or are you talking about secondary market? I'm not familiar with that business model.

MtG also has limited. Even if you drop $100 for a box and open total garbage, you got 12 drafts or 6 sealeds out of the deal.

Pshhh who plays limited? Fuck those guys
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
November 17 2017 21:44 GMT
#35896
On November 18 2017 00:44 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2017 00:27 Requizen wrote:
On November 18 2017 00:07 Numy wrote:
My issue with HS type content is that the money you put in is so incredibly ineffective as getting quality experience out of. Buying 40 packs then opening garbage that you just can't use feels like a massive waste of money. That's partly why I'm more open to spend money in league/mtg. I can buy specifically what I want. I only spent money on adventures in HS for that very reason. If I was still playing I wouldn't mind $40 big adventures honestly. Most expansions have 50-70% filler cards so if you just cut those and make an adventure with the actual good cards it's pretty sweet.

Isn't mtg still random booster packs or are you talking about secondary market? I'm not familiar with that business model.

Also added up just Riot Point purchases that are in my inbox, about $335. Then again I did play pretty regularly for like 5+ years so I guess that's not too bad?

Secondary market. I'd prefer if MTG went with a model that didn't involve booster packs but I get that's how they operate and people love their format they made for it so it's just never going to be a game I can realistically get into fully. Can't justify myself spending money on boosters and can't justify how insane prices are for individual cards. I have cards online and I'm firmly in the "reprint everything until my collection is worthless so I can play the game". It'll always be a game for me and have nothing to do with investing money. Unfortunately too many people see it the opposite way, that's their right but it makes me a little sad.

Riot Points do add up. I've only spent 75 euros. Maybe it's a bit easier for me not to spend since I have to convert all the purchases by multiplying by 10-20 depending on currency lol. Actually still have 999 riot points chilling in my inventory waiting for a skin I really want.

edit:Honestly I'd still be playing HS if every expansion was 40-60 dollars for complete set. I don't really see issue with that either. They'll make lots of profit. It's just due to whales and addiction they make more money abusing people. Sigh. I kind of hate whales, no offence to any of you out there.

It didn't help when Modern became a format and basically ruined the market.
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
November 17 2017 23:04 GMT
#35897
How did the Modern format ruin the market? Wasn't there always a legacy format at least?
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
November 18 2017 00:25 GMT
#35898
On November 18 2017 08:04 phyvo wrote:
How did the Modern format ruin the market? Wasn't there always a legacy format at least?

Yeah, but Legacy has been so bonkers for forever that a lot of the hot Standard cards would drop in price when they rotated out. Now it just rolls into Modern and is a lot likely to drop.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
November 18 2017 00:26 GMT
#35899
On November 18 2017 03:22 Seuss wrote:
I love Moorabi in concept and have my own variation, but in practice there really need to be a few more cards that key off of freezes for a Moorabi deck to be competitive. Having just Moorabi and Ice Breaker is too little for the synergy to really function.


Sure, but if I was playing to be competitive I probably wouldn't be playing HS lol
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
November 18 2017 00:39 GMT
#35900
Man I don't even remember my league info.

Do you euros still use my account?
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Prev 1 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings167
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech155
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4872
Jaedong 3987
Leta 2060
EffOrt 744
Horang2 496
BeSt 401
Soma 398
Mini 295
Rush 254
Stork 229
[ Show more ]
Killer 220
Light 179
Barracks 138
Zeus 129
Pusan 118
Snow 114
Larva 112
ggaemo 111
Sea.KH 64
JYJ 53
Mong 52
hero 44
HiyA 44
ToSsGirL 39
Bale 34
Sharp 33
Shinee 23
sorry 22
Sexy 16
Aegong 15
zelot 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
JulyZerg 8
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6916
Dendi675
XaKoH 513
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_96
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3782
Other Games
gofns44488
singsing1623
olofmeister1283
B2W.Neo715
byalli535
Lowko345
Livibee192
DeMusliM131
OGKoka 103
ArmadaUGS86
mouzStarbuck39
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV469
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream230
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV300
League of Legends
• Jankos1751
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 9m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 9m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.